Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TX-17 Diamond Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
IWF1Sfk.jpg

Intent: A personal, one-off custom made datapad for Johnny Diamonds.

Development Thread: If necessary

Manufacturer: Johnny Diamonds

Model: TX-17 (Tech eXperiment attempt 17)

Affiliation: Personal Use

Modularity: RAM, CPU, and GPU can be swapped out with some effort. Programming can be modified to a degree, as it was written by Johnny himself. Applications can be installed and deleted as needed.

Production: Unique

Material: Durasteel-Carbon Alloy (Outer Case), Glasteel (Screen), Gold & Silver (Wiring / Circuitry), Plastics (internals, outer casing buttons), Insulation

Description:

Johnny possesses a genius-level intellect, and is a natural Technopath. (Force User). As a result of this, he has been tinkering and experimenting with all forms of computers and datapads since he was 4, when he first took apart and reassembled a serving droid in the restaurant his mother worked in on Coruscant. Johnny has always been fascinated by computers, and has been a Slicer since he could use a datapad properly. He has always looked for ways to improve upon the datapads he could get his hands on, and growing up poor had a helping hand in the building of the TX-17.

Johnny has been making custom, one-off datapads for himself for years, starting off by merely editing and personalizing code in the TX-1, to making his own cases and screens with the TX-5, to developing and handcrafting his own memory chips in the TX-11. Of course, with all this tinkering and experimentation, some failures, others not, has culminated in the TX-17. This current datapad features a frameless glasteel screen, with a durasteel-carbon alloy upper and lower casing that Johnny took weeks to form with simple hand tools. The internals are all scavenged from various datapads; everything from the stock pocket secretaries all the way to the more high end datapads favored by the best Slicers in the galaxy.

One-off items included are the memory chips Johnny designed from previous experiments, the casing, screen, and wiring which he did himself, painstakingly over a few months. The TX-17 is a surgeon's scalpel compared to most datapads both on the market and custom made as well, but Johnny is no ordinary slicer by any means. It is designed to be resistant to impacts such as hitting a wall or falling on the floor, but it's not a tank. It WILL break if punched or kicked hard enough. It is insulated to protected it from shocks and vibrations, but still prone to overheating if used too long without a proper cooldown period, and due to it's custom programming, still prone to bugs Johnny has yet to work all out. This is not an operating system found on the mass market, and acts as such. Johnny continues to refine the datapad, but a datapad is only as good as the user. This one just so happens to made for a user who knows how to make it sing like a diva.

I almost want to ask for a development thread just so I can read it ~.

But, I see no issues here, and while I don't see the appeal to a personal datapad, I'm going to put my seal of approval on it, pending secondary.
[member="Johnny Diamonds"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom