Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Empires Meet (Corvinus)

As her servant girls fitted the Empress with her clothing, the girl thought about what she was about to do.
About a week ago, she had been contacted by a group calling themselves the Imperial Remnants, who had expressed interest in establishing a base on her planet.
Doing research on the group, she had rushed to agree to meet a delegate for further negotiations. She had prepared nonstop for this, getting her demands ready. With the civil war devastating her territory, she had no choice but to demand modern weapons and ships. While she had a large army, her opponents were hunters by trade, and avoided her tactics. These weapons would counteract that.

She strode out the front door of her palace, to her personal landing pad where the Remnants had been told to land. Her guards surrounded her, the snow sliding off their silver armor and bronze submachine guns. These women were the best the Zhornee had to offer, and she hoped that they would impress.
She settled down to wait, reverting to her politician personality. She was ready.

[member="Corvinus Palpatine"]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
[member="Empress Mar'Dikan"]

[OOC: So, so, so sorry I took so long. Got caught up with Faction stuff]

tumblr_njfhfybbWb1tdkro1o1_500.gif
The "Zhornee Empire", it was a primitive world full of primitive beings; yet it could prove useful to The Empire, almost anything could. The plea for a meeting had come across Corvinus' desk shortly after the fall of Crina, the empress of this world had heard of the Remnant and their struggle and seemed to want an alliance. No doubt they hoped the Imperials would bring civilization to their barbaric way of life. Palpatine was willing to oblige them and had spoken with the Imperial Empress on the matter.

Since then, the throne had given the Grand Moff complete autonomy to deal with the situation and broker a deal in the system. It was quite a simple matter really, the Imperial Remnant would demand a small list of criteria be met and in return they were more than willing to lift this savage world to the standards of Imperial order. Better now than when some other heir took the throne and forced the hand of invasion. It was always best to avoid war with these minor planets, else you would be wasting resources that could be used to quell real threats.

The Imperial re-fitted Xo'Xaan Class Star Destroyer plunged through the clouds hanging overhead, it's belly-hanger giving birth to an Imperial shuttle. As the metal bird dropped from the hanger, it was quickly flanked by two TIE fighters that guided it to the landing pad where the planet's Empress awaited. The shuttle glided to the pad, landing with a hollow creak and a veil of steam as the main ramp's air seals unlocked.

The ramp fell open and a purple shadow marched through the veil of steam, flanked by two bulky figures in red garb and armed with long blade-less pikes. "Empress Mar'Dikan I presume" Corvinus' form parted the steam, his narrowed gaze focusing in on the woman.

Approaching, his purple cape tucked over one arm, Corvinus bowed slightly. "The Empress sends her regards."

You're good, you're good; I haven't done much with the Empress lately anyway.

If the people of Vullain had looked up, they would have seen the shuttle stream across the sky. But they didn't look up. Three millennia of Imperial rule had taught them better. They simply kept staring at the snow-covered ground, and hoped that the sound would go away and leave them to their miserable lives.

As the shuttle touched down, the Empress swallowed down the last of her nervousness. She was a politician by birth, and had danced this waltz for her entire seventeen winters, but she couldn't help but admit that aliens still intimidated her. She knew that if provoked, almost any major faction could wipe her Empire off the face of the galaxy with relative ease. But Mar'Dikan was no military strategist, but even she knew that the only advantage her people held was sheer numbers, and their ability to replace women quickly.

She kept her face even as the shuttle's ramp unfurled, and two beings stepped off, clad in red and wielding long pikes. Her own guards kept still, their eyes following the two from behind their helmets. The Empress knew it wouldn't end in violence, but also knew she had to show her strength. It was simple politics.

She watched the man carefully as he stepped off the shuttle, and as he bowed. She gave a slight bow as well, and allowed a small smile to appear on her face.
"It is my delight to receive her representative." She greeted in heavily accented Basic. She was one of a handful of Zhornee on the planet that spoke the language, so she was out of practice.
"If you will follow me, I will take you out of the cold."
She walked to the palace, Corvinus at her side. "Tell me, what do you think of our planet?"

Other Space Kaiden

"Far too cold for my old bones, I'm afraid." A genuine-enough smile wrinkled Corvinus' face; but stone eyes still gazed empty at the young Queen. No smile could ever hide the hollowness of his gaze. It's like they said, the eyes are gateways to the soul and there was a deep gorge running through Palpatine's.

As the Queen led him through the doors of the palace, the Imperial Guards marched close behind them; eyes hidden behind daunting visors. Corvinus didn't really need the protection, at least not here, but it always paid to stand on ceremony in these situations. Nothing said obey me quite like an Imperial guard and a man named Palpatine now did it? "Your planet is, however, very primitive compared to the rest of the galaxy. It is truly a great shame, your people could achieve much under...proper guidance. The Empire is very kind to those who bend knee to the laws of civilized society."

Was he threatening? Perhaps slightly. But he could sense the nervousness on the Queen like a rich perfume. She knew that the Empire could wipe her people out in a blink of an eye, or provide them with every luxury they ever wanted. It all depended on how she decided to react towards them. Corvinus and the Remnant held all of the cards in this matter and he knew it. He knew that, if he so desired, he could have marched on the palace with a legion of Stormtroopers and forced his will upon them.

But Corvinus was no Sith. He was a noble and a gentleman.

Kalii chuckled at the Imperial's small joke, but kept wary. She was no stranger to the game of politics, and was determined to keep on her toes.
At his words, her alabaster skin grew a little paler. She was no idiot. She knew that Corvinus was slightly threatening her, but let it pass. If she was in his position, she would likely do the same.

As they walked deeper into the palace, it was deathly silent. Guards in silvery armor stood completely still in the corridors, their eyes following them from behind their visors. They couldn't understand a word their Empress and the alien were saying, but these women were loyal to their Empress, and made no moves.

Kalii led him into a small chamber with a large table in the center. Of the six chairs, four were taken by her closest advisors. Her General, Admiral, Head Priestess, and Head Scholar. The Empress took a seat at one end of the table, and motioned for Corvinus to take his seat at the other end of the table.
"Now," She said as he sat. "I expect that you have demands." The Empress preferred to get right to the point in this situation.

Other Space Kaiden

Corvinus continued smiling as he eased into the chair he was offered, his eyes glued to the Empress. As his crimson guardians took position on either side of him, Corvinus crossed his legs and gazed upon the young woman's face. She was strikingly beautiful, for an alien. At the Empress's words, a crackling chuckle escaped Corvinus' lungs and yet another wrinkled smile grew on him.

"Well of course. I have the Empresses' demands with me." Corvinus mused, plunging a hand deep into his robe and producing a holopad. "There is a whole manner of oaths and government reconstruction in this datapad. Nothing that you wouldn't be open to I'm sure."

"But you won't accept them. Not after you hear what I am willing to offer your people." Laying the pad on the table between himself and the queen, Corvinus eyed the people sitting around the room. Advisers no doubt. They wouldn't be an issue he was sure, but he would keep watch on them just to be positive.

Kalii raised her eyebrow at his words, giving the datapad a quick glance. There was a whisper among her advisors, but she stayed silent.
The alien became more interesting as time went on, she had to admit. The Zhornee had expected that the Remnant would want oaths of fealty, and the like. It was only natural, after all. Her people had done much the same in their conquest of the planet, if they hadn't simply slaughtered their enemies.

She leaned forward, a small smile appearing on her face.
"Oh? And what is this offer?" Kalii was very interested in what he had to say.

Other Space Kaiden

In that instant frozen wind gripped the room, the icy claws of an invisible power crushing in on everyone present. A wicked power oozed from Palpatine's skin, choking the air with a tangible musk of voracity. A yearning that rivaled that of most Sith, yet it held an aura of odd benevolence absent in the cruel, vindictive minds of Sith Lords. No one would feel physical pain, but anyone even slightly attuned to the force would feel the weight of Palpatine's presence falling in on them.

Corvinus didn't flinch a muscle, yet his smile somehow grew darker. His stone eyes grew blacker, yet their hue was unchanged. Shifting his attention to his guards, the Grand Moff spoke with a slimy bass in his voice; a snake's hiss uttered from the teeth of a man. "Leave"

The Guards bowed, spinning on heel and marching silently to the doors. The air was sucked from the room as the Imperial Guards closed the doors behind them, Palpatine's presence demanding attention. His eyes eased shut, nostrils flaring as he took in a long breath of icy air. "Our Empire is strong. Mighty. Proud." his eyes reopened, gaze besieging the Empress. "But our Empress has become weak. Complacent. The girl and her failed linage do not have an ounce of true Imperial blood in their veins. The people follow her because they have no one else to follow, because in their blindness they decided to empty their burdens onto the shoulders of an ungroomed heir to a false line of rulers."

"She works for long term peace with those we must crush to restore our true potential. I have sensed it on her. She lacks the conviction. The will." Folding his hands, Corvinus leaned into the table; eyes locking with the Empressess'. "Forward. That is the Imperial battle cry. And it should be the rallying cry of the Empire. I seek to ensure it becomes just that."

Pausing, Corvinus let his words sink in. "Imagine the power you could wield under such an Empire. Your people could be feared." leaning back, Corvinus again crossed his legs, "imagine what it could mean for your rule if you were to be the Queen to the most powerful ruler in the galaxy."

The Empress felt the room become darker somehow, yet the lighting did not change. She felt her soul grow cold, and the prescense of Corvinus crush her. She squirmed in her seat, and felt the Priestess and Scholar do much the same.
As his guards left the room, Kalii knew she should feel safer; but it was the opposite. In that moment, she recognized the man for just how dangerous he was. He could crush her in an instant, and there was nothing she could do.

Then he spoke.

As he spoke of the weak Empress, Kalii raised her eyebrow. It was a shame that such a powerful Empire had a weak ruler. Her own planet had such rulers before, and they did not last long. If they were not assassinated, then they were driven to suicide by the demands of the position. Her own mother had been such a ruler, and had faced her death in an ambush four years ago. Kalii was crowned a day later.

Then he made the proposition, and she was too stunned to speak. She had expected to come out of this with her position taken away, and her entire culture destroyed. Now, she was being offered power on a silver platter, and glory for her people the likes of which she could never imagine.
The Empress's face lit up with a smile, and she leaned forward, still maintaining eye contact.
"I see. Well, if you desire a strong Empress, you have come to the right planet."
She motioned for her advisors to leave the room, which they hesitantly did.
"Now, how do you plan to go about this? It sounds like the people are with her, and would resist our little coup."

Other Space Kaiden

"All in good time, child. There is much more to be done before we correct the direction of the Empire." Lifting his hand, the holopad leap into his grasp from the table and he promptly retired it back into his cape. "For now I propose something subtle. I will return to the Empire and inform them that you have rejected the initial proposal, but that I have convinced you to join our cause under my personal protection."

Standing from his seat, Corvinus snaked around the table towards the Empresses' seat. The General present gripped his arm rests and shot up, but was immediately thrown back into his seat by a subtle wave of Corvinus' hand. "I traveled to Atrisia recently and gathered a strong force of Imperial recruits who take direction from me alone. They will begin operations on your planet, provide your scholars with new technologies and establish a base here under my directive."

Coming to a gentle halt behind the Empress, Corvinus moved his hand to gently stroke the back of her neck with his pale knuckles. "I will recruit three million able bodied men and women from each major continent on your planet. Any warriors you currently possess will be indoctrinated into my personal forces and you will be placed under Imperial Knight protection."

Stroking a string of hair over the girl's shoulder, Corvinus' silver tongue whispered into her ear. "You will rule as Planetary Governor under my authority and as a Goddess to your people."

Kneeling down, Corvinus let his breath breeze across the young girl's shoulder. In doing so, he tried to exert his influence over her tender mind. He wasn't sure if he would succeed, it depended on her will. "You want that don't you. Being my queen, ruling my empire at my side. The idea makes your yearn, does it not?"

In reality Corvinus didn't much care if this woman was his queen or not. She was attractive and that was a bonus, sure, but even the ugliest hag would have made no difference in this situation. These primitive cultures tended to put importance on things like marriage in politics. Palpatine was consolidating his power, ensuring that he had complete control over this planet.

Loyalty was his first and last concern.

Kalii watched as he pushed her General back into her chair without any effort. She had heard of Force Users, of course, but had never seen one use their powers. She didn't count her own Voidwalkers, as they couldn't do much. The young royalty trembled as he spoke to her, and touched her. The Empress considered his offer heavily.
If she accepted, then her world would come under Remnant rule, but soon Remnant and Zhornee would become one and the same. If she refused, she had no doubt that the man in front of her would destroy them without a second thought, and render the Zhornee a footnote in the history books. She wanted to avoid that at all costs.

Kalii felt him touch her mind, and his will penetrated hers. She had never had training defending her mind, and it was easily accessed. She felt her attraction to Corvinus grow exponentially. Her people had few males, and even fewer of them that reached the age of Corvinus. To have a mate of his gender and age was considered an exotic luxury, and would consolidate her rule.

As he mentioned taking her warriors, she expressed a bit of doubt. Her Holy Crusaders were zealous in their devotion to her, but she supposed that changing their brainwashing a bit would not be too difficult. They were skilled, but not exactly intelligent.

Finally, Kalii looked up at him and smiled, taking his hand in hers.
"It would be my greatest pleasure." She purred.

Other Space Kaiden

A sly smile creeped over Corvinus' face as the girl purred. Leaning into her hand, the elderly Moff planted a soft kiss on her hand. "Good, I would expect nothing less from a woman of your impeccable intelligence." Corvinus mused, gently standing the Empress onto her feet and placing a firm hand on her hip; pulling her close into his body. Shifting his eyes over her cabinet of advisers, Palpatine glided a hand softly over the room.

"This is such a happy occasion. When I arrived it was love at first sight, you could all see that. Love at first sight."

Everyone, including the general, began nodding in agreement at his words. "Love at first sight" they echoed

"When I asked her hand in marriage, you began to welt with tears at how happy it made all of you. Your Empress has never seemed so overjoyed. Such a happy day."

"Such a happy day" came the teary echos of the advisers

With a smile of victory, Corvinus looked down to his knew pawn-to-be; cold hand caressing her cheek. "Such a happy day, my dear"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom