Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Corellians walk into a conference room...

Thera Mayeen

T
"Sir,"

The honey sweet tone of his Togrutan secretary danced over the Corellian adrenaline junky's ears.

"Yes, oh dearest Zaska?" The young assistant rolled her eyes.

"That new designer is here...He says you two have an appointment but I'm not seeing it on your schedule..." Thrash waved his hand and shook his head. These Silk people were so inflexible. Not at all like the mostly Mandalorian crew he worked with when he was back home at the Daw Motors production line on Mandalore. Sometimes it was refreshing to have some respect, even if it was only to get a raise, and sometimes he wished he could do away with the bureaucracy that came with such a Galactic Market Superpower, but he had gotten the job and so he needed to deal with the hassle. Even if he hired all new staff they would act the same, simply based on principle no doubt.

"I penciled it in on my own and forgot to tell you, I hope you don't mind. Send him in." Surprise and then a faux smile with a twinge of annoyance danced across her face.

"I'll send him right in," she said before closing the door, "I can't believe he did that...made me look like a fool...I'll lose this job for sure..." Thrash chuckled and waited for the man he only saw as Starchaser on the list of mandatory employees to walk into the office.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Had Coren known he was on the list of mandatory Silk Employees? He must, but with so much going on in the galactic party, he had forgotten about that bit. Still, he made his meeting on time, because, well, he was the one flying. The trick with instinctive astrogation? That was arriving before you even left. He knew where he was going and how he was going to do it.

He’d been doing his own work, lately, helping assemble some starships and other tech for the Levantine Sanctum, the government he was mostly working with, when he wasn’t chasing pirates away from innocent spaces, helping blaze through a hyperlane for Akure Interstellar or assembling a war team against the Sith, the man had a busy plate. But he also had an unjaded love for space and the ships that brought everyone to and fro. When [member="Jecht Thrash"] reached out to him? How could he turn that down? No. Coren made sure to clear the schedule and make it to the meeting.

As he entered, the man was wearing an Imperial-style nerf-leather fighter jacket with Corellian bloodstripe pants. Sure, maybe he wasn’t in the Corellian armed forces, but everyone was a veteran of the homeworld. He also had his lightsaber, orange crystal retrieved decades ago (yes, there was a cryo nap, hence why he didn’t look his living age) encased in a bloodsteel hilt.

“Mr. Thrash?”

[member="Jecht Thrash"]

Thera Mayeen

T
"Yes, yes, come in."

Thrash stood from his plush, premium, bantha-leather seat. He immidiately took note of the bloodstripe pants, causing his eyebrow to rise in surprise. "I don't think we've formally ever met, Jecht Thrash, I'm you're boss...If that wasn't obvious." he laughed a hearty laugh before putting his hand out to shake the young man's hand. He didn't like to start things off all business-like, in fact, for the most part he hated the buisseness part. He just liked building fast things and flying fast things, sometimes he cursed his old friend Shai Daw for sticking him with his Daw Motors job.

Right, he was working sometimes. How did he get involved with Silk again? Right, flying. He was going to blame Jorus Merrill on that one. Another job? Add that to his resume. Along with his contract by AEI to do the Blood Trail. Coren Starchaser was everywhere. Jecht Thrash. That was a Corellian if he’d ever seen one.

He reached out to shake Thrash’s hand and nodded. Firm handshake, clearly Coren was previous military. And now he was loading up as many Silk products into starships as possible and using them to do amazing (well, to him) things. “Yes, you are.” He laughed. “Heard you’ve got a few things relating to speed for me, huh?”

Or for the galaxy.

Great things, that was what was going to happen here.

[member="Jecht Thrash"]

Thera Mayeen

T
One strong shake and the Corellian speed junkie released his employee's hand. Oh did he have some fast things for him. Turning on the heel of his boot he walked over to his desk with a brisk pace. The office was quite large and the view of the glorious mountain ranges of Drogheda. The sunset cast long shadows into the room and the click of Jecht's boots on the floor echoed, making for a very dramatic looking scene. He paused at his desk and took a large, sharp breath.

"I'm sure you are aware of Daw Motors' T-X7 Repulsorlift Engine." Any speed junkie or speeder collector would have noticed its entry onto the scene with its fresh repulsor coils and incredible power output and stability. it had been, quite honestly, one of the biggest surprises in the Repulsorlift industry when it burst onto the scene several years ago. Of course, other companies by now had taken that success and matched the competition of the then minor company, but the T-X7 was still a relatively sturdy and powerful engine.

"Well I want to go bigger, better. Not just with the engine though," he paused and turned around, holding a small, sleek, rounded piece of plasteel. "I want to create a speeder that will take the Stars by storm." He clicked the plasteel clicker and the center of the roof and floor opened up to reveal a holo projector. The room shimmered and they were transported into a holographic desert wonderland. Taking a few steps forward, his eyes locked onto Coren's and clasped his hands behind his back. "But Daw Motors can't do it alone."

Right now Coren was in the market for updating his secondary ship. As a Corellian, his primary was the Tachyon Rising, a heavily modified and restored YT-2000 with a mess of Silk products installed, the ship was a work of art. She had anything the man could want and was letting him live in a sort of utilitarian heaven. But lately? He needed to work on his attack ship. Rising was great for exploration and transit, but there was a need for a strike craft.

Sure, Coren flew a Rassilon as well as an Exalt, the man had a lot of spare money working for AEI, and Silk, so it went into his toys. But he had ideas to work on another ship shortly. Something much more sporty, and there was a point for this rambling, because it was going to need one hell of an engine. And maybe the current Silk CEO had an idea for it.

But as he continued on, Coren nodded. He knew enough about airspeeders, anything that could be used in an adrenaline based sport was fine by him. Still, the Corellian was a star pilot. When the hologram showed up, he knew what this was. “So, pod racing? I don’t know what the Merrill team told you, but I’m much more of a Starfighter pilot…” And it started to dawn a bit. Would that even be safe?

[member="Jecht Thrash"]

Thera Mayeen

T
He shook his head, a devilish smirk on betraying his excitement.

"No...not pods..." Jecht brought his hands together slowly and quickly expanded them, bringing to life a starship made of a blueprint-like frame. Sharp and angular the ship concept just...looked fast. With no weapons as of yet slowing the prototype down and what one could only assume was a suped up T-X7 on the inside this thing was meant 100% for speed. But if this was just a speeder, Jecht wouldn't need to pool resources from Silk to handle a racing-grade speeder or pod racer.
"Like yourself, I am much more fond of the stars. I would like your help to produce the fastest Speeder-Starfighter hybrid known to the Galaxy." The room became completely dark and on the far wall of the room an image of a twin speed red painted engine appeared on the wall. It hummed, no, purred gently as the prototype engine continued to run behind the transparisteel window. But what was it? Its architecture screamed repulsor engine, especially with the bright blue repulsor coils at either end of the engines, but the readings on the side panel next to it were power output levels far above what should have been safe for an air or landspeeder.

See, now Coren Starchaser was a Corellian who was raised on the Rim. His father was an ExplorCorps Jedi that had a family estate on the Homeworld. It meant he was still a part of the world, but he was always living the life between the stars. Meant he had an understanding of space craft, and when it was needed, airspeeders. The man had a list of projects he wanted to get done, and DAW and Silk were probably going to help. He had a few designs he wanted to work into the vessel, some from Corellia, and some inspired by other ships.

He had his main vessel, this one could be sportier and a bit more exotic.

Like the vessel before them. That thing… it was intense. Not combat rated, but he knew not everything needed to revolve around combat. Just, being in the Underground, sometimes that needed to be done. “Fighter-Speeder hybrid? Now that’s a whole new market.” At least for him.

Coren walked around the image and nodded. “You’re a bit crazy, Thrash. We’re going to get along just fine.”

[member="Jecht Thrash"]

Thera Mayeen

T
He let the pilot skulk around the hologram and engine for a while before clearing his throat. Now the real bomb was about to be dropped.

"What if I told you," he started, "That we have two prototypes of the design you just saw waiting in the hangar upstairs, not with that monster of an engine but...Something made to simulate the power output."

Starchaser turned to look over at Thrash. Prototypes right now? That was enough to get Coren excited. What he really needed was a bit of adrenaline filled time to forget his warrior mindset for a few hours. It'd be nice. "How close to production are they? Are the prototypes just missing the engines?" Always the most important part of a ship. Hadn't he told Spark Finn that when he built her the ship that the engine was the heart and soul of the vessel? Without it, you'd be going nowhere.

"Serious? What are we doing around here talking?" Could you say race?

[member="Jecht Thrash"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom