Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Birds, One Worm

Tatooine

If there was anything to be said about Tatooine it was that it was the farthest thing from being a brighter side of the galaxy, even given the irony of being a planet with two suns. This place was nothing more than a boiling cespit for criminals and gang. Sure there were the honest working types about but not in the space ports, the hives of criminal activity both seen and unseen. The hutts always made good on keeping their planets of power in line afterall.

Admist the many people out and about on yet another hot and sandy day, one was a lone figure hooded and cloaked. Her dark robe stuck out from what most others wore yet she did not care. At the very least it managed to hide more of her body and keep it cool under the heat of the suns in the sky. Her feet were hidden underneath the cloack as it reached the ground yet the tapping of her feet against the sand could be heard clear as day.

Morinth looked up, the darkness of the hodd covering most of her face, as she searched the spaceport. She was looking for someone. A former aquantice, if that was as proper a word to use as any, that needed to be dealt with. One who knew too much about her and needed to be silenced in order to keep her past hidden. One thing Morinth learned about being a sith was to not let them have any leverage over her or any kind, and killing the scrounger known as "Sneek" would certianlly benefit her in that regard.

@Erin Darkstar

| [member="Morinth"] |

Taking a grip of the necklace that I wore around my neck, Attached was a Rainbow Gem. Told to be thousands of years old and one could buy you just about anything. Standing at a Pawn shop, I debated about selling it. Having it from Jake meant alot to me. And our first actual mission with him since joining him. I had learned alot from the missing man. It was a burden having to deal with his death, and the kidnapping of my sister. If you could really count her as my sister. All I knew was that I had grown up in a foster home, ran away only to find her about my age as well, and took her in. Then Jake had taken us in as we were leaving Exocron. But now, all of those almost six years I had spent with either of them, felt as though it all happened yesterday.

The man looked at me as he knew I was having second thoughts, smiling at me, he grabbed my shoulder and spoke to me while looking into my eyes. "Don't ever sell anything that you have second thoughts about, because anything you use the credits for, will be a waste." I looked up to him and nodded in silence for fear of breaking down in front of him. And as a young man, going to be soon turning the age of 18, I didn't want to feel like a wuss. He then let go of my shoulder and continued. "If you need anything from here, let me know and you could work it off for me instead of paying for it." I mumbled a thank you to him and he smiled as I turned around and walked out.

I had to get going once more. Staying here in Tatooine was not good for me. I needed to go to places like Nal Hutta or anywhere the Black Suns were. Because I might hear word about Jasmine, my sister. I dropped my necklace down my shirt to be hidden from the world as they were first off, very rare, and secondly, worth enough to buy half a solar system. Making my way to the starport, I moved past others, walking on the sands in my all black clothing consisting of Combat boots, pants, shirt, fingerless gloves, and a high collared almost trench coat. And man was it hot. Black clothes in the direct sun was not good, but I could move past it. I had done it before when I was younger. I can do it again.

And that's when I looked up to see someone. Almost the only other person dressed similarly to myself. Only in a hood and was concealed. Trying to get info on who it might be, I looked to the chest. It was further out to indicate a woman, and it was clearly not a man as the stature needed for the chest to be that wide out would have to be very muscular. Men are just not muscular at that person's height. I moved my hand to be on my right hip as though I was scratching my back, but really, I was reaching for my S-5 blaster pistol. Currently the scopes were off to allow better concealment. Followed by my feet moving up to the woman. She looked up towards my direction as I walked towards her, and instantly I froze as though ice was around me. Stopping on the other side of the "street" as really it was the side of the speedway in the city. I waited for her reaction.

Seeing this stranger Morinth felt a sudden tinge. There was something off about him, and somthing familiar. Possibly he was a force user like herself, but weather he was freind or foe was something she could not be sure of. It was best to not linger on it as she needed to do her busniess elsewhere. She turned away and made for the alley, hoping to lose the stranger from sight in the process of reaching the nearby cantina. If Sneek wasn't hear then at least someone would know where he was. Morinth could not help but feel this was a game of cat and mouse, only her claws were far more deadlier.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

| [member="Morinth"] |

And thats when the unexpected happened. She just began to walk away. There was one thing that I didn't want, and that was a Stalker. Seeing as how this woman was watching me exit the place, then just simply walk away, It said alot of things. I let my pistol go and started to walk across the street. only to have a guy yell at me for walking where he was driving. He stopped before running me over. I shook my head and simply gave him the finger as I walked after the woman. I jogged the last few feet to avoid another speeder and saw that I was loosing my ground on her. Oh she would not escape me.

I started to run after her. I could see that she was making her way towards the Cantinia at the other end of the ally between the two establishments. But something told me in a gut feeling that she was not a normal person. A twinge in my gut showed me that she also could use Magic. Or the farm or whatever it really was called. All I knew was that you could do things that not other normal people did. As she was going I reached out with my hand onto her foot and pulled back ever so slightly to trip her up.

Giving me some possible time to catch up to her.

Thinking the odd man was gone Morinth found her way to the cantina and already the sense of growing aneixty dwelled in her. Before she could make it she felt something cluth her foot, making her stumble but thankfully catch herslef with her other foot hitting the ground in time. Turning back she looked down. It was him again.

A crossed look when over her face as she tried to tug her foot out of his grip. Failing that she was ready to send her other foot into his face as a sign that se wasn't in the modd for whatever games he was playing or, if he was trying to "take advantage of her", that she was ready to defend herself. Any message to make him leave her alone.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

| [member="Morinth"] |

Almost she went down. Only she quickly reacted by placing her other foot in front of her. She struggled to get out of the small grasp that I had on her, and within seconds I was standing about two feet away. Suddenly she turned around with a kick. Making it apparent that she was not going to let me have a good day. In the daylight, a few people saw this, but I had to get her to a place that was quiet and where we could "Talk."

My left hand came up as her leg was coming down from missing my body, and grabbed her ankle physically. With a small twist, I used it to make her offset once more, and to bring her off to the side somewhat. As I was doing so, I spoke just loud enough that she could hear me, but no one else would. "Why would a girl be following me, I mean, I don't look that good do I?" I smiled as I was glad for Jake's training in simple combat styles, and ways to fight and even wrestle. I even knew spots that could inflict the most pain, but I was not trying to hurt the woman here. I only wanted answers.

With both her foot and ankle caught Morinth went down on her back, hitting the ground with a thud. She gave an uncomfortable "oof" before looking back to the man,, angered as ever by whatever idiotic reasoning he had for doing this to her. When he accused her of following him she looked more annoyed. As if she wanted to waste her time going after some strange man she didn't know in the slightest. Better time was used to scrouge for food when she was homless.

Lifing her one leg up she kicked him hard in the face again, hoping a few of his teeth were knocked out or his nose was broken after that. She tried to get back on her feet and lose this odd man in time before the chance that Sneek would have gotten away from her, making her turn back towards the cantina.

[member="Erin Darkstar"]

| [member="Morinth"] |

I had let go of the powers acting on her ankle. And with the tilting of my hand, she fell back. I wanted answers, and I pulled out my S-5 blaster. Attempting to aim it at her, she kicked out again hitting the blaster out of my hand off above me, instead of my head and chest that she could have hit. I let go in surprise and she started to run away once more. With the Magic I controlled, I reached behind me to draw on the heavy blaster pistol once more and brought it around to fire at the building behind her showing that I had a pistol and at the right range that if she had some weapon, I could use mine before she could use hers.

"Move again and I will shoot you. I just want's some answers." Speaking as I aimed it towards her, hoping that she would stop at the threat of being shot at. And man was this all going wrong on how I planed it. If she really was not stalking me, then she would have said so, or done something other than run away. Running away or fighting back, only makes you look guilty.

The blast made her stop in her tracks, but Morinth didn't turn at first. It was clear whatever reasoning this person had for trying to catch her he was very intent on it. He wanted answers to something that she may or may not have known. Either way he was becoming an annoyance. As she moved her hands with the intent to put them in the air, her one hand reached behind her where her lightsaber was clipped on her leotard. Once she fully turned the blade was ingnated and pointing towards [member="Erin Darkstar"] in a denfsive stance. She wanted to make it clear to him she was not the type to be screwed with.

| [member="Morinth"] |

I watched as she slowly turned around. And I was paying attention to her hand as it slipped behind her. I shook my head as she drew her lightsaber. All following my drawing of my Vibrosword. I pointed it out to her as well, and decided that my blaster pistol would not be really effective against her. I shook my head as she clearly did not want me to be messing with her. And the people who were now watching us, started to back away. She was not speaking, Making me even more so believe that she was watching me. For a reason still unknown.

"Look, I just want to talk not fight you. We both know we have powers, so why fight and ruin this place when we can simply talk this over. If you really are not following me, then just say so already woman!" I threw my sword to the ground to make my point that I didn't want to fight. I wanted answers, and some of them she could probably answer. If not, I would simply leave her alone and pay her for her troubles.

"Look, just put the saber away. I only went after you because you looked right up at me as I was walking your way. Then you started to run away, making me think that you were following me. And now that you have a lightsaber, it makes me think about answers you could have about my past." I offered my hand open and palm facing up as though I was inviting her to some stupid dance. Really I was just making a gesture that was not offensive nor in anger.

Morinth's eyebrow twitched when the man gave his explination for why he followed her. Instead of calming down she was more annoyed, the fact that he though her following him. And then he called her 'woman' like she was nothing more than a peice of walking meat for him to admire. As much as she wanted to kill this man after he dropped his weapon she looked towards the crowd of people who were frightened by this. Anything like this would give Sneek a scare and possibly a reason to run. Morinth, looking back to [member="Erin Darkstar"] now, turned her saber off and clicked it back behind her.

"Idiot." shecalled him. "You're not why I'm here."

Calling me an idiot, she said in one sentence that I was not why she was here. After putting her lightsaber up, I reached down slowly and grabbed my vibrosword and put it back in the sheath on my back. I then let my arms open up wide as though I was going to give a hug, but really I was showing that I had no intention on fighting. There was something weird about this woman and how she carried herself. She still seemed to be looking for someone, and as well as myself, I could find alot of people, but nobody I was really looking for. Since I was looking for my sister, but she was looking for someone else. I decided that we might come to a compromise.

I started to take steps towards her, letting my head turn slightly to the side to still see some people looking at the two of us. Right here almost in the middle of the "road" on Tatooine in front of a bar. "Look, we are both looking for someone. Maybe we can help each other?" I took a few more steps towards her and let my arm drop to my sides "I don't trust you in the slightest, and I doubt the same could be said for me, but maybe if we help each other, we can all go home faster." I looked around us once more to see that the people were not backing away so easily. Still intent on watching the moves of the woman if she would attack me, or go with me. Even then, maybe she would just walk away.

Part of me hoped that she would just walk away and I would be done with her for the rest of my life. but my gut told m that something else may happen. The other half of me was hoping that she would actually join me in help of finding my sister so that I could go back home in peace. Once again, something told me that it would be a long while before I would find my sister again. But no matter what, I would find her. and if she was long gone like Jake or my parents were. Then i would take revenge on anyone that had harmed her. even the people who had helped the son of a queen who took my sister, and killed my best friend.

Hell would rain down from the skies of every planet until I have found her.

[member="Morinth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom