Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turned to Ash and Born Again

EmKay

[Author's Note: Lazarus was the creation of an idea that scurried through and out of my mind on a whim. This thread is the reincarnation of what I meant to become. A reset to get on the right track. Rebearing of course. Rebirth of an idea. I'm sorry if I inconvenienced anyone by destroying Lazarus from my storyline, but what must be done must be done. Let's begin.]

"What's his condition?" asked the on-board nurse, her hands flying over instruments.

"Critical. He won't make it to Starchaser's designated world in time. We have to stop sooner or we'll lose him." replied the captain.

"We have to get there, the boss will have our heads if we don't!"

"I have no choice. Protocol." came the stern reply.

The MedEvac shuttle dropped out of hyperspace over Kamino. The scanners immediately went beserk from the storms, and the nurse looked out the viewport to see the tell-tale elliptical structures of one of the cloning labs. She frowned in confusion, but did her best to maintain the living status of Commander Atretes. A medical crew from within rushed out on the call of the shuttle's captain, and they scooped up the broken form of Rhoujen and carted him away to one of their labs. The crew of four from the shuttle followed, until they were barred access to the medical chamber. The young man was taken within, and the nurse turned to the captain. Her expression was a fuming one, and she was unmistakably angry with the pilot.

"What are you thinking, bringing him here against orders and putting all of us in danger, at risk of getting sacked or wors-" he cut her off.

"Protocol, ma'am. I was left orders that if this man were to be in a life-threatening condition to bring him to Kamino. I wasn't told who the order came from or why, but I assume it has to do with their advanced medical technology. I don't question what comes from above even Starchaser's pay grade."

"Oh."

[member="Salem Norongachi"]

The first to be removed were clothes and debris. The Kaminoans were delicate surgeons, and quickly set to work cleaning the body of foreign contaminants. They were left instructions to prepare this one as if he were to be cloned, but to not initialise the cloning procedure. So they worked. They knew just by looking at him that he couldn't be saved. He was beyond that. He could, however, be salvaged. They sewed up wounds, administered medical salve to other areas. They did what they could to preserve Atretes' living form. They removed irreparable limbs, cauterised the wounds, applied bandages. He lost an arm, his nose, one of his ears... he was no pretty picture. He was, however, clean and prepared. They sent the message.

"Subject S sanitised and prepared. Awaiting further instructions."

~​
"So you failed."

"I couldn't have countered that."

"You could have. You didn't. You failed."

"No..."

"Be quiet, before I destroy your mind like you destroyed our body."

The aftermath of Naboo was felt by all as they pulled out from the war torn city and the blood soaked plains. They'd lost, certainly, superior tactics and defenses had made any victory on the ground meaningless. Salem Norongachi wished this was his biggest concern but even as he had fought his way through the carnage and the gore he had felt it, like the stab of a blade in his gut. Sigma had fallen.

Protocols. There were always protocols. The higher up the chain you were the more stringent they became. There were few higher, in Omega's mind, than Atretes @Rhoujen. If he had survived, then he would be taken to the best medical facilities they had, far from the front at great speed. Kamino, once stabilized he would he placed in stasis and then, depending upon the gravity of his injuries, sent to somewhere else. To where the past lingered in the present.

As the troop transport roared into hyperspace his encrypted line was rarely silent. The voices of doctors and surgeons updating him to his proteges condition. It was bad. Was the jist of the complex and lengthy medical jargon he endured, waiting impatiently for the transport to make its rendezvous with The Hand of Fate. The ship dropped from the dazzling tunnel and was quick to unload its cargo to the obsidian Star Destroyer awaiting them.

Emah didn't even speak as he moved with angry footfalls toward the bridge. The transport outside already getting underway. The holographic A.I stood before him as he sat in his chair, looking out into the space with a mixture of concern and anger bubbling behind viridian orbs.

"Lazarus." Was all he said. She knew what it mean and her brows lifted before she nodded.

EmKay

"Is he secure?" asked a Kaminoan in their methodical fashion.

"Yes," answered a pilot called in from a list of [member="Salem Norongachi"]'s more trusted soldiers, "He'll last the trip and hopefully whatever the Boss has in mind." he quipped, signing off quickly on the liabiliy agreement and turning away into the Ghtroc 720 freighter.

The Kaminoan wached with a level of concern when the ship gravitates upwards and then shot off into the sky. Something about the way the lightning flashed at that moment held an air of misfortune, but it was not her place to judge. There was always work to do on Kamino, and she had her duties to attend to. Still, her mind drifted back to that young man as she swept the sterile floors. How he looked so weary for someone so young...

The transit through hypespace involved several stops at random locations in order to continually trace the location of the destination. As a station that was always on the move, regular course adjustment was necessary. Eventually, the little ship popped out of hyperspace into a void, but after a minute the massive space station shifted into view as though it squeezed out of a tiny hole. It rotated nearly ominously, and just as suddenly the alarms started blaring that the vessel was being locked onto. The pilot quickly tapped in the docking codes he'd received, and hoped that he and his cargo weren't about to become space dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom