Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to start a pirate faction for various reasons

So i just created the Brethren Court: A faction that will function like a pirates guild, a place for captains to recruit, for pirates and smugglers to create job postings, and a forum to organize resistance when one of the larger governmental factions tries to crack down on piracy.

I am looking for more experienced members to promote to moderators.

[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."]

I'll tell you what I told someone else here recently; don't try to start a faction with this idea of going big to start. Don't worry about a faction subforum or moderators or anything like that. Just write. Write with friends, write with people you don't know. Make connections. You have to build a faction from the ground up, and that means putting in legwork before there even is a faction.

You have to get people interested in your stories before asking them to join a faction. People are quick to throw out empty promises to join a faction, but the truth is that most people have a very limited amount of time to invest in the board and so they'll only have a handful of active characters, if they have multiple characters at all. Find the ones who will stick with you for the long haul, before promises of faction tech and faction glory. Once you have a solid group like that, then you're really ready to make a faction.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

I get what you're saying, but my goals may not be as grand as what you're thinking

Really, I'm just looking to fill what I perceive as a gap. There are a lot of people playing roguish characters who don't necessarily fit into some of the major factions, The hutts maybe too evil for some the underground too righteous.

I'm not trying to create a new major faction necessarily, I just noticed that many of the major factions are fighting NPC pirates on occasion, which could be an opportunity for players who are playing pirate PCs to get in on some good RP action.

Also, there have been multiple LFG posts by pilots looking for crews (myself included) and the like who I feel would benefit from a minor faction like this.

I expect this to be a secondary faction affiliation for most members.

EDIT: I don't even necessarily want to be the IC leader of this faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom