Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Troubles Are Cured With Tea

Times were changing, even on backwater planets like Altiria/Anarris where Kay's tea shoppe called home. It was Kay's home and had been for a few years now after her escape from her attempted execution by the Eternal Empire. Now the ever reaches of the Galaxy were making it's way there.

And she needed to go. The draw to run and hide was ever present. Her son Caedyn Arenais wanted her to move to Commenor where he could better look after her and keep her out of trouble. Yet she felt it too much of an intrusion and herself being far too much of a burden in the current state that she was in.

At least she had one matter laid to rest and that was of her late husband's spirit. It was safe and not captured by their enemies. So through that she could breathe easy.

But where to now? Her funds were limited, as were her transportation connections. She didn't have a ship of her own and certainly couldn't fly anything herself. But maybe something would come up...

As Kay stood on the porch of her shop, cradling a hot cup of tea in her hands, she caught the sight of someone familiar; Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . The old man loved a good cup just as much as she did. So she offered him a wave in greeting, just in case he was only passing by and nothing more.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

It had been a long time since he had been to Altiria. Perhaps a hundred years or so. But he had long heard of Kay Aarenis and her tea shop here, although he himself had no chance to visit yet. Circumstances brought him this way and he made sure to divert from his journey to visit the tea shop. His staff stumped along the road ane he hummed to himself.

A figure stood in front of the tea shop, and waved at him. Tiland squinted and shaded his eyes as a wide smile spread across his old face. "Hello! Hello! Kay, so nice to see you again." He picked up the pace as he came up to the porch and leaned his staff against the wall, brushing the dust from his hands.

"You look well, my friend." A long breath in and he smiled. "That tea smells exquisite. I am glad I had the ability to finally come and visit you." He opened the flap of his satchel and sifted through it, pulling out a small pouch. "I have a gift for you." He handed it over. "It's a very small, rare plant from a swamp world on the edge of the galaxy." He laughed for a moment. "Only could be found in the worst pits of mud and muck with carnivorous insectoids."

He tapped it gently with his finger. "These places are rich in the Light side for some reason which I cannot fathom. But it makes teas quite refreshing and invigorating."

"Tell me, how have you been?"

Kay couldn't help but smile as Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun made his way to her. She was relieved that he wasn't just passing her by like so many would have. But that was common on a backwater planet and when one had little to offer, there wasn't much of a reason for them to visit.

Except for those wanting tea, of course.

"Sapir tea. Shall I get you a cup?"

Her retreat back inside was paused momentarily as Tiland produced the small pouch, to which she took in hand. "Oh thank you. I can't wait to see what properties it has and how best to use it, thank you. Won't you come inside?" She gestured for him to step in the cozy shoppe. A fire was burning in the hearth, candles were lit on the wooden tables and the smells from a variety of herbs hung in the air.

"I've been...I mean, I've had better days. And what of you? How're you doing? What brings you here?" Kay wasn't sure of how much of a can of worms that she wanted to open in regards to herself. There was no telling what could happen.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

"Sapir tea, you say?" Tiland paused and considered. After a moment, he nodded and smiled. "Certainly. That sounds delightful." He came up onto the porch and paused by the doorway, knocking the dust from his boots and robes with his walking staff before stepping inside. He stopped just inside the doorway and let his eyes adjust to the interior.

"What a delightful place you have!" Tiland added as he leaned his staff against the doorway, rubbing his hands in the warmth from the fire. "I have found a few of the properties in my experiments, but I have no doubt there are many that have I have not found yet. It takes more time and resources than I typically have to truly experiment with herbs like these."

As he asked her what she had been up to, there was a definite pause and hesitancy, which Tiland did not press. Those were doorways for others and those invited in. He would never cross such boundaries on his own.

As for what brought him here? He look cautiously around the shop and past the door. "I am on my way to Ilum," he said at last. "Where I will be meeting with some companions to handle some issues that have arisen regarding the temple there."

He smiled and settled into a chair with a long breath of relief. "It is nice to find such shelter on my journey before I go brave the glaciers and ice."

There weren't many that ever said no to Sapir tea. Perhaps only one or two ever have, as far as she could recall. So while Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun stepped in, Kay was already making her way over behind the counter to prepare the tea.

"This place is much smaller than I'm used to, but it's home. I don't really have a lot of possessions anymore to house anyways. So it's perfect." She didn't need to bother with impressing anyone with it either. Kay was isolated here and that suited her just fine. She was in mourning for a lot in her life, including her late husband.

The tea was ready, done all the quicker for the water was already pre-boiled. She had needed only to wait for the leaves to steep. Taking the cup in hand, she carried it over to where Tiland sat. "That's quite the journey. You're welcome to stay here for the night. I have a couple of extra rooms available for the weary traveller."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom