Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Triumvirate Infantry Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
3Rub3Ad.png

Image Source: Wookiepedia

Intent: To manufacture standard infantry armour for the Sith Triumvirate. Also I need to seduce [member="Darth Adekos"].
Development Thread: They All Want Armies [10 posts]

Manufacturer: The Primeval Fleet
Model: T.I.A. Mk. I
Affiliation: The Sith Triumvirate
Modularity: Exterior modifications can be made. Including additional equipment and auxiliary plating.
Production: Mass-production
Material: Armorplast plating, Primordial Steel underlay, Armourweave Bodyglove, Transparisteel Visor
Classification: Multirole Combat Armour
Weight: 9kg
Quality: 8

Special Features:

Helmet:
  • Respirator w/ rebreather
  • Advanced Optics w/ ocular zooming, infrared, night vision, digital display, target tracking, rangefinder, and light adjustment
  • Mid-ranged communications transceiver w/ standard encryption
Armour:
  • Climate control
  • Automated injection system
  • Jet/drop pack mounting system
  • Holsters & utility/ammo pouches
  • Utility belt
  • Shock absorption up to 10 meters
  • Magnetized boots (source)
  • One hour oxygen reserve tank
  • Oxygen sealing

Description: The Triumvirate's need for standard infantry armour is answered. Dubbed T.I.A. Mk. I; this comprehensive design packs various utilities, features, and resources necessary for shock infantry to fight even when outnumbered. Although not particularly unique, the combination of resources involved has led to one singular conclusion. It suffices. Units equipped with this armour will get the job done. Starting with the helmet, the Mk. I Triumvirate Infantry Armour packs several pieces of equipment. A respirator to prevent dust, smoke, and other hazardous materials from being inhaled. A rebreather connected to a one hour oxygen reserve tank, and advanced optics. The optics includes ocular zooming, infrared, night vision, digitial displays, target tracking, a rangefinder, and automated light adjustment features. All to maximize a soldier's vision on the field of battle.

To allow improved combat capabilities in extreme climates, a climate controls system is built into the armour to regulate temperature and humidity. Although it won't do much on Mustafar or Hoth, it'll still do its job on many millions of worlds in our galaxy. Taking advantage of technology, an automated injection system is included in the mix. Small tubes on the back of the armour -- hidden behind a small hatch -- allow a soldier to insert vials of chemicals and other drugs which are then injected into the soldier's bloodstream. This is used to combat fatigue, improve readiness, focus, and allow the soldiers to fight even when they'd rather give up. Along the back as well exists a mounting platform for jet and drop packs, underneath this platform is the armour's battery pack which powers all of its electronic systems. Masking the exterior of the armour are holsters, utility pouches, ammo pouches, and a utility belt. All allowing the soldier to easily manage their equipment, store ammunition and grenades, and of course distribute the weight of their equipment across the armour.

Much like any standard combat armour, shock absorption up to ten meters allows soldiers to manage tricky terrain. Using technology found in magno-grip boots, this feature can be activated to allow the soldier to grip onto any surface in low-gravity or even null-gravity environments. Additional modifications may be made to the exterior. Some soldiers may find it fit to add auxiliary plating, extra utility pouches, or holsters for carrying larger equipment across the battlefield at the expense of increased weight.

Strengths:
+ Relatively Light: Using armourplast instead of durasteel allows a slight -- yet noticeable -- decrease in the would be weight of this armour.
+ Balanced: Its comprehensive list of equipment allows this armour to mitigate difficulties soldiers face on the battlefield.

Weaknesses:
- Basic Equipment: The equipment used is not bizarre, unique, nor original.
- Electronic Heavy: Due to its heavy usage of electronics, EMP devices will severely hinder any soldier wearing this armour.

Primary Source: N/A

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

The basis for this armour is essentially an upgraded version of this. It boasts the same weight and nigh same features & materials as this. However; with the Primordial Steel underlay, it offers more protection with somewhat thicker armour than the first sub I linked. It's simply a bit heavier. On the grounds of mass-production alone, The Primeval Fleet has specialized in mass-production -- before and after the Primeval faction was major.

Hopefully that's a reasonable explanation for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom