Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traxlik

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-xenomorph.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LGkxTF2xWxs/TJyKRZEej-I/AAAAAAAAA0U/oqws9R-M_YU/s1600/2-xenomorph.jpg
Name: Traxlik
Designation: Semi-Sentient.
Homeworld: Korriban (though it is not known)
Language: Barks and growls, can be trained to react to certain sounds.
Average height of adults: 0.8m
Skin color: Any shade between deep black and blood red.
Hair color: Hairless.
Breathes: Type I
Strengths: Vicious, domesticatable/trainable (unusually so for a solitary animal), skin creates very nice leather, hearing and smell significantly more superior (compared to a human), fast (compared to a human).
Weaknesses: Blind, blood turns into a gas when the heat surrounding them or concentrated on part of them is 50 degrees (Celsius) or more (this means they explode if hit by a blaster bolt.), hunted for skin (leather), impossible to create pureblood naturally because it is impossible for a female Traxlik to be born.
Distinctions: Long tail, large head, stems that grow out back, ridged, three talons, slightly humanoid.
Average Lifespan: 30
Races: Standard only though mutations may be created to user’s likening.
Estimated Population: Highly endangered, about 5,000 in known galaxy.
Diet: Raw meat (human is preferable), salt water. Allergic to most sugars and preservatives.
Communication: Barks and growls.
Culture: Kill, eat, and repeat.
Technology level: At the technology level of finding out that if you dig a hole in the ground, you can sleep in it (they’re dumb basically).
General behavior: Kill, eat, and repeat. This can be trained out of them however if they are domesticated. They reproduce by leaving sperm inside female eggs from killed prey which adapt to the prey’s body. They hunt via finding their prey which are generally humans and mauling and lacerating them. They fight off predators by just attacking them (this is a contributing factor to why there are so little of them). They are solitary animals.
History: After a single Traxlik boarded a ship and murdered its crew before impregnating the females, the ship crashed on a planet but it is unknown what one. It then proceeded to kill about 20 (unarmed) people before impregnating their females also. They were then quarantined but some made it out alive and on to different planets.
Notable Player-Characters: None so far.
Intent: The intent is a personal pet for Puta’Nium Theynyn but it would be a nice element for any role-plays. It could be used in extermination-style role-plays. This is a public species.

Also just as a side note, I'm Australian so some things may be spelt differently.

Hmmm. I'm cautious about this species, as it's very very similar to Alien, escpecially it's mode of reproduction.

Well, first thing's first, there's a few minor edits;

This is really just curiosity, not an edit, but how on earth did one of these things kill an entire small town? o.o(Which dosen't exist on Corusaunt, btw) Just trying to make sure I'm not approving a super-thing that can wipe out a planet if you drop a pack on it.

Just a minor thing, but, Dogs can't 'understand' english. They associate certain sounds (For instance the 'sound' "no") with certain actions. So if you repeat the word 'Spaghetti' while training a dog to sit, you can say spaghetti and they'll sit. They have no idea what you're saying. :p

Breathes would be Type I

Any paticullar reason why they're easy to train? Again, this is just a suggestion, but are they pack animals? Typically solitary animals are much harder to train. But if you'd like to keep them solitary, go for it. (Actually I don't know if they're solitary or not.)

Define 'slightest change of temperature'. I imagine you mean if it reache a certain temperature. Otherwise they'll explode when you go to Tatooine. I do like that weakness, though. :p

Why is it impossible for a female to be born? How does the male, err, 'impregnating' a female of another species make a Taxlik egg? What if it's a non-humanoid species, like, say, a Hutt? Or something huge like a Herglic or Wookiee? Would the spawn be different?

Put more about the egg-laying method in General behavior, isntead of weaknesses, please.

Please expand on general behavior. Are they solitary? Are they pack animals? What are their hunting tactics? What do they do i they encounter a predator?

After that, we'll see about anything else. :)

[member="Puta'Nium Theynyn"]

Mrrew said:
Hmmm. I'm cautious about this species, as it's very very similar to Alien, escpecially it's mode of reproduction.

Well, first thing's first, there's a few minor edits;

This is really just curiosity, not an edit, but how on earth did one of these things kill an entire small town? o.o(Which dosen't exist on Corusaunt, btw) Just trying to make sure I'm not approving a super-thing that can wipe out a planet if you drop a pack on it.

Just a minor thing, but, Dogs can't 'understand' english. They associate certain sounds (For instance the 'sound' "no") with certain actions. So if you repeat the word 'Spaghetti' while training a dog to sit, you can say spaghetti and they'll sit. They have no idea what you're saying. :p

Breathes would be Type I

Any paticullar reason why they're easy to train? Again, this is just a suggestion, but are they pack animals? Typically solitary animals are much harder to train. But if you'd like to keep them solitary, go for it. (Actually I don't know if they're solitary or not.)

Define 'slightest change of temperature'. I imagine you mean if it reache a certain temperature. Otherwise they'll explode when you go to Tatooine. I do like that weakness, though. :p

Why is it impossible for a female to be born? How does the male, err, 'impregnating' a female of another species make a Taxlik egg? What if it's a non-humanoid species, like, say, a Hutt? Or something huge like a Herglic or Wookiee? Would the spawn be different?

Put more about the egg-laying method in General behavior, isntead of weaknesses, please.

Please expand on general behavior. Are they solitary? Are they pack animals? What are their hunting tactics? What do they do i they encounter a predator?

After that, we'll see about anything else. :)
Ok, I changed some things @Mrrew. Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm. I do like the exploding weakness. The way they breed techincally isin't possible, but this is a world were there's creatures that absorb souls and gain sustenance from them. If the secondary approval admin dosen't have a problem, you're good.

Approved (tentatively), pending secondary.

Abuse and suffer. I don't want to see a Traxlik plague.

[member="Puta'Nium Theynyn"]

[member="Puta'Nium Theynyn"] I'm going to back Mrrew's initial hesitation with this submission - it's lifted almost exactly from Alien. I like that they can be domesticated. I like that they are effected by high heat, that's a wonderful weakness. My main issue is their method of reproduction. The creature itself is a good addition to the variety of Star Wars, but I'd like to see some edits made to it to make it a more original species.

Please tag us when you've made your edits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom