Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training in Vendaxa

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Ek Vilibro Griz"]
It was daylight in Vendaxa "Better for looking the predator" Acaleus was drinking water, sitting in the ship. They landed in a plain, over the ruins of what was likely a abandoned space port "How many died before thinking that building cities in this place was a bad idea" he sighed

He stood up stretching his body "Now that we are here. Ek right? What do you think this whole trip is gonna end up?" asked while putting down his bottle of water

Vendaxa was effectively a Death World, with numerous large predators, cannibalistic humanoids, and the occasional carnivorous plant. All reasons I hadn't trained Tmoxin on this planet. Nevertheless, it had been the planet I had received training from Death's Hand long ago, and the place I had trained dozens of Mandalorian warriors. The sleek Obsidian Order stylized yacht was small, only room for a few passengers.

"Acaleus." I said acknowledging the first man I saw as I descended the ramp of the ship. I could feel them out there, watching, hunting, waiting. They would keep a fair distance for now though. "Are you ready for our quest?" I asked. They didn't know it yet, but I had an interesting journey across the stars for these neophytes, and a prize in mind for us all.

"You won't need anything but a lightsaber and the Force for now." I myself wore simple black training gear and carried only my axes. Others preferred lightsabers, but these Ostrine weapons suited me better than a lightsaber ever had.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Ek had no idea what was in store for him and his new training partner on Vendaxa, but even with his dull Force senses he could feel how teeming with life the planet was, none of it friendly. "Survival training from the looks of this planet. I'm pretty confident, but I am definitely not looking forward to it."

Ek turned his attention to the arriving instructor, "I am ready." He gripped the lightsabers at his belt. "Any background information of the planet sir?" Ek looked around, peering into the wilderness. "Or is that mystery part of our training as well?"

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]

Deus followed Master Vereen off the ship quietly and stood off to the side as his eyes took in his fellow Neophytes. He rolled his shoulders and wrapped his red cloak tighter around him, covering the armor he wore. The armor was engraved with dragons, and was a family heirloom passed down each generation of his family - so many he didn't actually know how old it was. He let out a small breath, listening to the ongoing conversation, his eyes moving from his comrades to the terrain around them. His left hand gently tapped his cane on the ground absently, while his right went down to pat the lightsaber at his hip.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

"What i know is that this planet is infested with giant and deadly animals, so we will have to work together Ek" Acaleus prepared his hidden blades looking for any danger that could attack him "This sense of danger everywhere is going onto my nerves. If the ship is destroy by some big animal, we are gonna be in big troubles dont you think?" The tought of thinking some thing was watching you from the distance was terrifying. The bushes moving from time to time make it worse "We have maybe two hours before the night. What are we going to go Draco?"

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Angelus Deus"]

"Don't worry about the ship. Animals aren't going to attack an empty piece of metal when there is meat nearby." I said, providing some reassurances to the small group of Neophytes. "This is the beginning of a simple test. Nightfall will mark the beginning, daylight the end. Before then I have two hours to teach you about the Obsidian Order, the Force, and it appears you already know about your Danger Sense, perception through the Force."

I lead them away from the ship and into the jungles as the setting sun cast its light beside the long shadows of ancient trees covered with vines. "To me, and to the Obsidian Order, the Force is but a tool, a weapon. In the hands of a trained warrior it can be an incredible sword, a great shield, or even a healing hand. There is no Darkside or Lightside of the Force, only people who are Dark and Light and in between. To me the Force is not some all powerful being that will make my problems go away, but a power I can channel and bend to my will. There are few things you must understand about the Force. It connects all things, and it favors only the strong." The latter must be true or how else would the Sith have been allowed to rise so many times in history, been allowed to conquer the galaxy so easily, so many times.

"It is up to each of you to decide how you wish to channel the Force and for what. Under my tutelage however we will refrain from killing innocent bystanders when possible. If you have an objective, complete it, but minimize civilian casualties. Am I understood?" I asked, stopping and turning to face them. The jungle was dark and eyes were everywhere. The apprentices could possibly feel the aura about me, fear spreading through the intricate web of the Force and into the minds of the local fauna, keeping them at bay.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]
[member="Angelus Deus"]

Deus listened intently to what was being said, all the while he continued to observe their surroundings as they began their trek into the jungle. He hung back from the others, walking slowly but assuredly. "Understood, Master." He confirmed, loud enough for the others to hear. He shrugged and sweeped his right arm in a small arch, forcing that part of his cloak over his right shoulder to fall down his back, freeing his fighting hand in case it was needed.

He didn't need to tune into the force to sense the danger around them, and he also didn't need the force to know that while they were together and with Master Vereen, only the most dangerous or unintelligent creatures would attempt to attack them...for the moment, at least.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

"Well, Once were on our own, I think setting up a camp would be first priority. We are surrounded by wood which gives us the advantage of fire and shelter or barricades. Terrain analysis and usage can make all the difference." Ek looked up to see how tall the trees were. If they were tall enough they might only have to fell one, and if his fellow Neophytes had some skill in telekinesis they would be able to move the logs into place in no time.

[member="Angelus Deus"][member="Draco Vereen"][member="Acaleus Thorn"]

"Everything that moves can kill us. Even if we win some battles, it wouldnt matter" he meditated looking around inspecting their location "Fire and a settlement...As nice as it is, i dont think it would matter. The Acklay are diurnal..." his eyes opened "Allright, we build a place, but put dozens of traps around. Spikes, falling rocks, trap-holes, etc"
Acaleus smiled "This could work. At least for a few hours of course" he scratch his back-neck expecting their answer.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Angelus Deus"]

"The purpose of this test is not to test your abilities to survive, though those skills will prove useful. The purpose is to make you see the Force as what it is. To feel the interconnecting web of all things. How many of you have noticed how I am manipulating these beasts?" I asked, echoing the intricate webs pulse with one of my own, considerably darker one, letting the power seep into the Force, traces and hints of fear of all living beings trickling through the web of the Force.

"Your survival on this world for one night is one thing, but the goal is for you to work as a team and gain an understanding of the Force as an individual. Each man must make their own decisions, and for each person the Force is different. Sense and Mind Trick are the first two we will be practicing. You can sense the dangers yes, but can you influence them to ignore you. A hungry beast is hard to turn away from food, but is it truly hungry?" I said, offering some small guidance to the apprentices.

"I will be nearby, watching."

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]
[member="Angelus Deus"]

Jack would whistle as he walked through the dangerous forest of vendaxa as he had come to the planet kill this planets creatures just for fun and keep him from being bored, he had killed several beast since landing at the planet, I guess they got attracted to him, while he walked trough the forest he felt the energys of other force users in the area, he did not suspect that there would be any at this planet as he grinned and started walking towards the direction of the sources as he whistled again, jack did not really care about with sith, Jedi or anything close to that, he just liked killing force users because at least they were are a challenge and more fun killing then normal people, jack personality was pretty broken, since he loved the rush from killing and watching people in agony as he cut them limb to limb, if there was force users here they would probably feel him coming towards them.

Deus had been listening quietly to the other two Neophyte's suggestions - he thought setting a few traps would have been an okay idea, but that building a fire or any type of encapment was a bad one. They needed to be ready and willing to leave if they needed to, and not tied down with with an attatchment to pieces of wood that 'apparently' offered them protection, but which would really only have drawn more attention. He remained quiet though to see what their Master's thoughts on it were.

The Count stopped as he listened to Master Vereen, before taking a deep breath and closing his eyes to delve into his own connection with the force. Remaining stil, both hands settled on the top of his cane, he more closely examined the aura the Force Master had been exluding. He then attempted to replicate it with moderate success - however instead of dulling their sense of hunger, which he believed is at least a part of what their Master had been doing, he dulled their senses of sight, sound and smell in relation to only himself, while casting his own senses further adrift.

After a few silent minutes on his part, where he was preparing to lessen his force connection while sustaining the ability he was currently manipulating, he opened his eyes; "Master...there's somebody else out here." He paused for a second, "Moving closer."

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Ek Vilibro Griz"]​

"Traps would be great but might take too much time." Ek pondered. "We may have to cut and run if things get too hairy, but in a universe of heavy artillery most people forget that 4ft of wood between you and an animal makes a lot of difference, at the very least it could give us a platform to take the high ground, and at least 70-80% of fauna in the universe are not fireproof."

Ek listened while Draco spoke. "Yes sir, but as living is a prerequisite for learning I'd like to get that established first." Ek chuckled, Then fell silent and watched closely to see what Draco was doing. Ek kicked himself for not noticing before, he thought the animals may simply have been avoiding them because of their numbers. Then again that was why Ek was here to fill those gaps in his training. Ek closed his eyes and reached out with the force. He could vaguely feel the life forces around him and as he concentrated more he began to feel the force emanating from his compatriots. He then focused on on what the force was doing around Draco, Ek could sense some threads of darkness reaching out to the lives in the forest, but Ek couldn't make out exactly what hes was doing or how.

His focus waned when Angelus spoke. Ek tried to extend his perception. Nothing yet

[member="Acaleus Thorn"][member="Draco Vereen"][member="Angelus Deus"]

Jack grinned as he was getting closer to the energys, they probably already new he was coming as he then grin widened and started sending his powerful energy of insanity, darkness, bloodlust, evil outwards scaring most of the inhabitant animals around probably and just to spook with this people if they could feel him coming, the animals knew there was a new, more dangerous beast around, Jack the Ripper himself, he still walked through the forest, his black long coat smoothly flying a bit, his lightsaber, resting on his back in form of staff and when activated a scythe, and the crystal of the lightsabers color, black, black as the void itself.

He though a moment "I sensed him when we landed, but thought it was a beast" he looked at his back and heard the lightsaber activation "Draco, if what you said is true" he take out his hidden blades "What about we control the minds of those beast and make them attack that guy so we could escape for a moment?"

Acaleus sat down for a moment "If this works..." thought as he closed his eyes and sensed every living thing in less than a hundred meters away. A lot of predators were standing around them and the other force user was walking towards them "Now we are gone" He make them invisible in the minds of the beast "I need some help with this Ek and Angelus" he was sweating for the effort.

Now that their prey was lost. The animals smelled the other human with the scythe lightsaber and started walking towards him

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ek Vilibro Griz"] [member="Angelus Deus"] [member="Jack the Ripper"]

"I feel him. I would hope no one is foolish enough to attack four warriors alone, but I have seen more foolhardy men and women. No, let's just fight the man ourselves." Combat like this hadn't been expected, but it wasn't unwelcome. Under the guidance of a present Master the three men shouldn't fair poorly against a lone individual, even someone armed and obviously a Force User based on his lightsaber.

Axe in hand, I called down the Force, letting it fill me with its power and turned it outwardly. No talent with any form of Telekinesis, it instead was directed at the mind of the individual who came forth, pressing down upon his will and attempting to fill his mind with distractions, blur his vision, and slow his reaction time. Just enough to give the three apprentices and acolytes an advantage if they needed it. But three on one was probably enough as it was.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Jack the Ripper"] [member="Ek Vilibro Griz"] [member="Angelus Deus"]

"What kind of man do you want to be, Thorn? Getting others to do your dirty work? You're here to learn for a reason, and I'd hope to the maker that it's to learn to fight for yourself, and not let some animal do it for you." He told the man quietly as he moved to stand behind where he was seated. "I sense this character is rather...unstable, Master. I don't think common-sense is going to come into the equation here."

His right hand came up and tugged at the chained clasp of his cloak, and he quickly shrugged out of the heavy garment as he moved to stand by Vereen, letting it drop to the floor, showing his family's armour underneath. He then used the same hand to carefully unhook his lightsaber from his belt. Keeping it in a gentle grip, he left it unignited. "If this individual wants a fight, a fight he'll get. That's an easy choice for me! A Deus' never retreats. Never surrenders. We don't go looking for fights, but we do like to see them finished, if we're in one."

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Jack the Ripper"] [member="Ek Vilibro Griz"]​

Ek looked in the direction in which he could now sense the man was coming. "Bending vicious creatures to your will with the force seems practical, and I would assume he came here to get stronger and develop all his skills. Only a fool ignores the tools at his disposal." Ek pulled his curved hilt lightsaber from his belt and ignited its purple blade. "I do agree, however, that this enemy is not one to reason with."

Ek began to focus his fear and anticipation transforming it into righteous fury. How dare this stranger threaten us unprovoked!? In his left hand Ek began gathering Darkside energy.

[member="Angelus Deus"][member="Draco Vereen"][member="Acaleus Thorn"][member="Jack the Ripper"]

He felt the power of a master as one of the force users tried to distract him distorting his view and mind, jack would only grin as this would not stop him and did the same as he increased his outward energy and would send it towards this individual and the people of the area, jack started whistling a beautyfull song as he was getting closer for each second, he would then activate his lightsaber as he kept on walking towards them, he was probably around 25-30 meters away from them as they would probably feel him coming closer -what lovely day it is to kill some force users- he would enjoy this fight.

He felt the power of a master as one of the force users tried to distract him distorting his view and mind, jack would only grin as this would not stop him and did the same as he increased his outward energy and would send it towards this individual and the people of the area, jack started whistling a beautyfull song as he was getting closer for each second, he would then activate his lightsaber as he kept on walking towards them, he was probably around 25-30 meters away from them as they would probably feel him coming closer -what lovely day it is to kill some force users^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom