Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tournament of the Blade Round One: Masamune Tametomo vs Solan Charr

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Rules: No armor. No Force (you're on Myrkr). No tech. No lightsabers, vibroblades, extra weapons -- nothing but a sword or two of good metal, in whatever reasonable shape and size you prefer.

Participants are strongly encouraged to read this, this and this.

The Setting: A rather small stone room, a cube, three metres by three metres by three metres. The lights are set flush with the stone ceiling and are unbreakable. You've entered simultaneously and the doors have shut behind you.

[member="Masamune Tametomo"]
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Shule Windspeaker"] [member="Masamune Tametomo"]

Solan smiled as he looked across at his opponent, smiling and instead of attacking he stepped back and leaned against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. "Name is Solan Charr, pleasure to meet and fight you, but i do have a question. Did they expect us to wrestle or something, this room is entirely too small and i must say that they are horrible with the choice of location. I can't feel the slightest hint of the force here, thats a blasted shame..." Solan smiled and drew the blade but still did not attack, his eyes running over the area looking for any advantage in this tiny room. It was a good thing he wasn't an ataru user, in here that would be suicide against an opponent.

A lone figure stood within the room,
His tall form clothed as per tradition.
A single blade was held, soon
To find use in the duel to come.

"I am Masamune of Atrisia, sword smith
And bushi of the Tametomo Family.
State your homeworld clearly with
Strength and give me your family name.

For this is the way of the Blade,
Of honor bound by adherence to a warrior's code.
To understand that today history is made
No matter who is left standing when the sun sets."

He held the wakizashi low
And pointed at his opponent's knees.
His feet and stance would show
Nothing to his opponent for now.

The Force was not present here,
Cut off by external factors uncontrolled.
The mind was the true weapon where shear
Focus unbridled would carry the day.

And so he stood to wait,
His opponent would start the match.
He felt not joy, he felt no hate,
Only the steel-cold of a focused mind.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan smiled and drew one of the blades that he held at his side, the blade coming infront of him though as he bowed with its blade infront of his face. "My name is Solan Charr, as i said before. I hold no homeland nor give service to no peoples past those that need it most. It is an honor to have you as a opponent." Solan smiled and let the blade fall to his side before grinning a bit wider.

OOC Note: I have two of this type of blade ----> http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/images/Product/large/501406.png

A short but respectful nod of the head
Was Masamune's only response.
Pleasantries were exchanged, opponents read,
And the duel was to begin.

With the drawing of blades
Masamune saw the end before them.
With the tranquility of hidden glades,
His face showed, betrayed nothing.

He kept his stance with blade low
As he waited for his opponent.
The first strike would not be his blow,
But rather, his response to it.

His focus strengthened within his core,
His senses heightened to all around.
No Force he required for this, nothing more
Than his own concentration and quiet meditation.

His muscles were relaxed and loose,
All his mind on the duel at hand.
The body poised and ready, like a spruce
Pine's spring branches ready to shed winter's snow.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan smiled and watched the man carefully before spinning the blade in his hand quick and then keeping his other hand on the second blade at his waist. He soon narrowed his eyes and carefully closed the distance in a fluid movement that brought his blade down in a diagonal cut that was aimed at the man's shoulder, his hand tightening on the second blade and ready to pull it out in defense to block any counterstrike coming from the man. He was excited by this fight, ready to turn his excitement into determination and wondering what it was that this man before hime would doo with that blade.

The movements were made,
The stage had been set.
Light glinted from steel blade
Set in motion by mortal hands.

Masamune let his focus hone
His reactions, move his body.
No Force was needed, his bones
Moved by reaction, not by otherworldly desire.

A shift to the side by
Training turned into motion.
The blade striking from on high
Was only half of the fight.

Steel met steel in a cacophonous ring
As blade met blade in the tiny room.
Masamune had calculated his mild swing
In an effort to drive his foe's blade into the stone wall behind.

He let his feet, his stance carry him
To the side, his blade pointed at foe's knees.
He did not strike at his opponent with grim
Determination, for now was the time of reading.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Masamune Tametomo"] (SO Sorry, thought i had responded.)

Solan watched as his blade was brought back and drew his second blade, letting it come across and push Masamune's blade out of the way, though he heard the blade in his other hand scrap on the stone. He wasn't used to how small this room was and he might have to resort to hand to hand combat if he could not get everything working like it should in his favor. Another thing that didn't quite effect him but was annoying was his lack of the force which did mean he was on his own in terms of strength but hopefully his speed would make up for it.

A second strike against him,
The second blade slicing air.
Steel met steel again, a grim
Sound in the small room.

Masamune let his blade
Be pushed out of the way,
But this weapon was made
To work in small spaces and rooms.

The pushed sword became
A parry, guiding the second
Blade away as small grains
Of sparks spat briefly but fiercely.

The swordsman turned then,
Feet carrying him to the side
Once more as the two men
Dueled in the tiny room.

The Wakizashi snaked out,
Using the slight spin of body for momentum.
The edge seeking flesh, desiring a gout
Of life-blood from the foe's body.

This was art, it was soul,
The very struggle of minds and bodies.
This was the stuff of tales of old
Where heroes rose and fell.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The first round of the tournament ended one hour ago, at 6PM EST. Judges [member="Matsu Xiangu"] and [member="Reverance"] are requested to ignore any posts after 6PM EST, unless for purposes of evaluating sportsmanship. Round One is now complete.

[member="Masamune Tametomo"] | [member="Solan Charr"] | [member="Shule Windspeaker"]​
[member="Matsu Xiangu"] and I have discussed this fight and the winner is...​
Masamune Tametomo
So...I'll break this up individually:

Solan: I think posting time really hurt you here. But I also think there are a number of areas for improvement. Primarily, description of hands in reference to striking. I don't think we found a single instance where we could discern whether you were striking with your left or right hand. In a situation like this, it really hurts you because as you get closer to your opponent, the positioning of your body becomes more and more important (which is why most people prefer to fight at length, keeps things from getting confusing). Another thing, when it comes to one on one duel, you should never use OOC to describe something that can be detailed IC (looking at you post # 4). That's more of a technicality than a criticism, though.

Masamune: I know it's your thing and I don't think I'm going to change your mind, but I think your rhyme scheme makes for a difficult interpretation of fighting style. There was some time where I would have preferred more detail about your weapon but got lost in the flow of your poetry, and I'm not sure where three and a half feet would fit into your scheme. But for the purposes of this fight, physical details are very important. It's great writing, but it's jarring for these reasons.

Overall, we typically want to see more action in a fight. Keep that in mind as we move forward (and I understand this is a very difficult fighting environment. I don't know if I could perform well under such conditions)

Congratulations Masamune, I look forward to seeing more fighting from both of you in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom