Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Tome'tayl

Status
Not open for further replies.
kandosii12-1024x768.jpg

Image Source: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=900
Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire
Manufacturer: LOOM
Model: Kandosii class
Modularity: Weapon systems can be updated, ship is made to be adjusted to fit the necessities of the missions at most times, adjustments usually require the work of a drydock.
Production: Major
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel, etc. materials standard for ship making
Classification: Star Destroyer

Length: 1,500 meters
Width: Scaled from original
Height: Scaled from original

Armament: 13
Defenses: 10
Hangar: 6 Squadrons

Special Features: Nothing particularly special

Maneuverability Rating: 17
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
Well Armed

Weaknesses:
Not especially powerful
Power Transfers take about five minutes to complete, during which the power remains as it was before

Description: The Tome'tyle is a vessel constructed for the Mandalorians based off of the ancient Kandosii Dreadnaught design. Ultimatum had the ship made essentially the same as it was only updated with current technology and capabilities. The original size of the vessel was expanded slightly to accommodate some of the changes.

One of the first adjustments that was made was the removal of the weakness that allowed the ship’s hyperspace capabilities to be crippled by the detonation of a charge somewhere in the back of the vessel. After that first glaring weakness was removed, the entire ship was updated with current technology. Weapons were made to be equal to standards along with the shields and the armoring. The vessel is in no way extraordinary. It was intended to be an easy to produce general starship, a filler for a star fleet, capable of handling itself in a fight. A good defense craft to round out an attack fleet or as a defender for a transport mission.

Development Thread: Of the Past (Ultimatum decides on the design and has the first ship built)
Intent: To create a ship for the Mandalorian Empire
Who Can Use This: Mandalorians, Ultimatum
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Ultimatum said:
Manufacturer: LOOM
Please hyperlink this to the approved company submission for LOOM.

Ultimatum said:
Length: 1,500

I'm guessing that this is meters. As this is over 1000 meters long, this will need a 10 post development thread.

Ultimatum said:
Hangar: 16

Is this 16 starships, 16 squadrons, or something else? (There aren't ratings for hangars yet)

Ultimatum said:
Maneuverability Rating: 10 Speed Rating: 12
This is a bit fast and maneuverable for a ship this size. A standard Star Destroyer that's about this size would be around 16 or 17 for either rating.

Ultimatum said:
Power can be transferred from systems, to either bolster one or more, or to shut down one or more.

Ultimatum said:
Power Transfers take about five minutes to complete, during which the power remains as it was before
Most ships are able to shift power around their various systems to buff them up, but only to a minor extent. If we're talking anything more than that, can you describe this a bit more?

I will begin work on the dev thread immediately.

I have made adjustments to show what the numbers mean, meters, squadrons, etc.
A side note on the hangar size, it holds the exact same amount as the original ship that it was based off of. The link has been added, sorry for missing a lot of this stuff.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kandosii-type_dreadnaughtThis is the vessel that this was taken from.

I elected to remove the entire bit about power transfer. If it is already standard then I am fine just leaving it less as is.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Ultimatum"], it's all good, that's one of the reason's I'm here for. ;)

Ultimatum said:
Hangar: 16 Squadrons

Ultimatum said:
A side note on the hangar size, it holds the exact same amount as the original ship that it was based off of. The link has been added, sorry for missing a lot of this stuff. http://starwars.wiki...ype_dreadnaughtThisis the vessel that this was taken from.
The original Kandosii can definitely carry a lot of starfighters, as can some other canon craft, like the Venator-class Star Destroyer. For balancing reasons, however, the template is a bit more limiting on starfighter carrying capacity.

The dedicated carrier template for this size of ship allows for around 10 squadrons of starfighters, but with that, we have an armament rating of only 4.

The other template option that I'd consider is using the balanced star destroyer, which would allow you to pretty much keep the rest of your ratings as is, but with a maximum squadron capacity of 6.

So essentially you have a choice between prioritizing either starfighter squadrons or firepower.

Alright, I cut the squadron size back to six and changed the classification to Star Destroyer.

This vessel is intended for more filler so firepower is more important than squadron size.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom