Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Tolth Voren

Status
Not open for further replies.
jedi-master-gandalf-tom-carlton.jpg

Name: Tolth Voren

Loyalties: N/A, is in the Netherworld of the Force.

Role: Former mentor of Jafan Kilis, before he was murdered by Tusken Raiders.

Development Threads: N/A

Species: Human

Homeworld: Tatooine

Force Powers: Powerful telekinesis, Mind tricks.

Lightsaber forms: Djem So, Niman.

Appearance: Tolth was an aging man, with a face betraying his age. His skin was crumpled like parchment, coarse as the sand where he made his home. His eyebrows were unruly, like a grey caterpillar perched above his eyes. Eyes, eyes like slate, but brimming with life. The skin around his eyes was puffy and wrinkled, but suddenly dropped at his cheekbones. Sunken, they gave his face a narrow appearance. Tolth's nose was long and hooked like a vulture's and the only part of his face not tormented by wrinkles. A huge beard sprouted suddenly from beneath his nostrils, and carried on all the way to his chest. It was grey with flecks of white, much akin to his hair. His hair reached down to his shoulders and often fell into his eyes unless it was not combed every morning when Tolth awoke.

He wore a shabby grey (seems like a theme here) Jedi's tunic which was surprisingly untarnished. Over that, Tolth somehow managed to wear a thick cloak of, you guessed it, grey. He wore simple Bantha leather sandals whenever he ventured away from his home.

Personality: Tolth Voren was a very patient man with a knack of bringing the best out of people. He also had quite a temper and would happily tell somebody when they were wrong, stupid or both. Tolth spoke his mind and maintained a honest way of thinking up to his death. Tolth also exhibited a level of intelligence and would often complete wordsearches and puzzles later in life to keep his deteriorating cognate functions from becoming worse. Despite this he often forgot trivial things such as the date, or the end of his sentences.

All in all, Tolth was a very simple man who wanted a quiet life.

Force Sensitivity: Light Side Knight

Weapon of Choice: Yellow Lightsaber, The Force.

Skills: Natural mentor, skilled in melee combat.

Wealth: Poor, he does not need much money.

Combat Function: His affinity with the Force gives him an edge in combat, as it enhances his senses and speeds up his reactions. He could easily match a knight level swordsman, in his heyday, in terms of skill.

Notable Possessions: A small collection of lightsabers.

History: Tolth's mother and father were both Jedi Masters who eloped from the Jedi Order to Tatooine following the announcement of his mother's pregnancy. It is unknown as to why they chose Tatooine to settle down, in Tolth's opinion it was a poor choice. They eventually married and set up a small market in Mos Eisley, Tatooine's main spaceport. They made their living off selling Dwezzels, a type of pastry.

This left the Vorens in a reasonable financial situation, and they started allocating more time with their young toddler. It was then they realised Tolth too had the gift of the Force. His mother and father instantly began cultivating his gift, blossoming him into an adept Force User over time. They also gave him a lightsaber, which he has used ever since.

At the age of 25, Tolth left Tatooine, hoping to discover more about the Galaxy, and his place in it. He spent several years at The Temple of Eedit on Devaron. There, he meditated in solitude for days at a time, devoting himself fully to the Force. Over the next five or so years, Tolth travelled from system to system, searching for more Temples to study the Force. By the age of thirty he had become truly crazy about the powers the Force had gifted him with, so much he often dabbled with the Dark Side of the Force.

It was only until Voren nearly lost his life duelling a Sith Knight on Naboo did he finally grab a hold of himself, and effectively stopped practising using the Force.

Whilst recovering in a medical unit on Naboo, Tolth met a girl named Avlin Dymos. Fast forward a year, and she was Avlin Voren. The young couple left Naboo (where he had been living with her) and returned to Naboo to start a family. What an upgrade.

The birth of his daughter changed Tolth completely. He was no longer free to roam, and had to look after his young family. He and his wife took on Voren's Vehicles, a repairing and rental business. Tragically, his family were murdered by Tusken Raiders (a recurring theme); spinning Tolth into recluse, never to be seen by his friends again.

Seventy-four years later, a young Force-User was drawn to Tolth. His name was Jafan, a young, reckless Darksider with a chip on his shoulder. Voren took him under his wing and spent the next two years training Jafan. He succesfully led him away from the temptations of the Dark, and brought him into the Light. This relationship lasted up to Tolth's death at the hands of Tusken Raiders.

Voren was buried beside his wife and child by his apprentice, who slowly slipped to the Dark Side.

Intent: A NPC character to deepen Jafan Kilis' backstory, also to give me some more experience in creating characters (OOC).

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Jafan Kilis"]

Jafan Kilis said:
Combat Function: His affinity with the Force gives him an edge in combat, as it enhances his senses and speeds up his reactions. He could easily match a younger swordsman in terms of skill.
Can I get something that's more specific as to his skill on our ranking system? Along the lines of "A decent match for a knight level bladesman" or some such thing? I'll also need a list of what Force Powers he can use and teach.

Jafan Kilis said:
For an 112 year old character this section seems particularly sparse. It details how Tolth figured he had the Force and really nothing else afterwards. How did he develop his talents? How long did he stay with his family? Did he ever seek any other teachers? Was the Force important to him or an afterthought? How did he meet Jafan? How was their relationship? Did he die protecting Jafan or some civilians or did the robbers just have a good angle? Can you expand a bit on his history, particularly his interaction with Jafan.

Furthermore, one last question. You mention he's in the Netherworld of the Force, does that mean he's no longer around as a Force Ghost?

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Jafan Kilis"]

Ohmygosh, I can't believe I let this slip by yesterday. It was on my list of things to do and I forgot it, I'm sorry.

Anyways, I like the way you've fleshed everything out, but I've got just one more question for you. Is this guy intended to serve as Force Ghost that teaches Jafan things, or is he just going to be a part of Jafan's background? Both are perfectly fine, but if he's going to teach Jafan things I'll need a lite of what skills and force powers he is able to teach.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Jafan Kilis"]

In that case I'll need a list of what Force Powers and Lightsaber forms he has enough experience to teach and/or use, but other then that I think we're good.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Jafan Kilis"]

I seem to have missed the @, I'm sorry. We're all good to go here though :) Typical disclaimer, abuse and suffer, this is not a license to double team other PC's and such. Sending this down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom