Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Toccata -- A Blade Worthy of Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
c967cc189666c0917af965ce8ce4387f.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Create a wicked sword for a certain spooky Sith Lord
Image Source: Castlevania (but like, Pinterest)
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Unknown
Affiliation: [member="Darth Metus"]
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Unique

Material: Songsteel, phrik, silver

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Sword (Estoc)
Size: Average
Weight: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Enchanted with Force Wield
  • Barbed/bearded point

STRENGTHS

Flying sword!: The estoc is able to be easily wielded through the Force, and can move with the will of its wielder in specific or general ways (e.g. stab that person vs attack that group of people). It doesn't have the drawbacks of being wielded by an actual creature and is thus incredibly maneuverable and effective in combat.
Durable: Songsteel and phrik make for one rather indestructible combination. Its sheer durability is enough to survive blocking just about any sort of attack.
Piercing: Estocs are incredible thrusting weapons, and Toccata is no different. Thanks to the Force Wield enchantment, in the hands (well not quite) of an experienced user it can be accelerated greatly to pierce more effectively.
Beard: It's hard to remove once you've been stabbed thanks to the slight beard at the end of the weapon.

WEAKNESSES

If You Will It: Toccata requires the will of its wielder and master to move -- without something to give it orders, it's just some sword.
Just a Piece of Metal: Toccata isn't a vibrosword or lightsaber and thus doesn't have the destructive impact as similarly unique weapons. The estoc is unable to pierce very durable materials -- depending on the acceleration it often is unable to break through durasteel.
Pierce Only: The cutting edge of an estoc is unimpressive. Despite Toccata's immaculate design it still has extreme difficulty in cutting or slashing, as its strengths lie in the ability to pierce enemies quite easily.
Anti-Force: Ysalamiri and Void Stones can shut down Force Imbued weapons such as Toccata.

DESCRIPTION

A silver estoc sword nearly six feet in length, it's clear that this weapon was quite loved by its previous owner. When it was found in the tomb of an unknown noble of some sort it was still immaculately polished, not a speck of dust found inside the engravings on the hilt or blade. A weapon worthy of a great man, a weapon worthy of song.

(Further history to be completed by Metus.)

I'm killing our boy. We painted this room, we... made these toys. It's our boy, Lisa. Your greatest gift to me, and I'm killing him... I must already be dead.

Under Review.

Fortunate indeed then, that I chose not to kill you and eat you, Sylvan.

Only suggestion I can see is mentioning Ysalamiri and Void Stone as weaknesses of Force Imbued items and toning down the language of the Bearded Strength.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

[member="Laira Darkhold"] I doubt you could.

Added the ysalamiri/void stone weakness, and edited the Bearded strength (I basically meant it as a joke when I was drafting some base stuff on Discord, forgot to edit it haha).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom