Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Know One's Strategy (Pm to Join)

Sluis Van. It had become a place not only quite familiar to aspiring employee Lierra Umdal of Emeritus, but also a home. Since the end of her time as a slave, an assigned team had worked diligently to educate her on important skills such as business etiquette, seeking out worthwhile connections, and an ever expanding knowledge of modern technology. And now, confident in her abilities to an extent, she would grow comfortable with the planet's surroundings, its clients and otherwise. Why host a formal gathering at any other, less soothing location?

It was today that she was to meet with notable leaders of successful companies such as the heads of Justice Shipping, Chandrila Group, and any others wishing to attend. She hoped to gain valuable information in taking the next step for her own achievements, as well as perhaps secure relationships with any person of interest. For if she was to grow as a powerful individual, not only would Umdal need to leave the comfort of the now well-known planet, but have plans to put into motion as well.

She would step off a medium-sized shuttle, tailed by a squadron of large, humanoid droids with rifles in hand. Arrangements had been made to use the outpost as a meeting place for the party, being not far from the company's headquarters. After piling into a sizable turbolift and being raised several stories, she was then led through a series of hallways and corridors to their final destination. "Right this way, Madame." She was directed by one of the robotic bodyguards. Two would then swiftly open the doors from either side, standing at attention. It was a lounge of sorts, fitted with beautiful furniture and views to enjoy. Black, mechanical servants walked gracefully around each corner, holding plates of food or drinks to offer. Even the faint sound of music could be head from the back. It would do more than get the job done, to say the least.

Turning back with a smile, and opening her arms up to greet, Lierra would proceed. "Welcome All! I do hope you find everything to your liking."

[member="James Justice"] [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="stardust"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]​

The spacer, and People's Criminal had every reason to be pararniod these days. As a result, those he had referred to this invite were none less than those he trusted quite well in his crime world. [member="Nyx"] was beside him, the date for the night at this semi-posh event. [member="Gray Raxis"] was one of the Spacer's Vod, a clansmen in the Raxis family, and [member="stardust"] was.... well stardust. His trusted admiral and a damn good Jedi. [member="Alicia Drey"] was another business associate and one that he was quite comfortable in her presence. Too comfortable some would say. They said to never have your ex and your current girlfriends in the same room, but for James that was practically impossible. There were more women he had been with than there were rocks in the galaxy.

All the same, the spacer had increased his own personal security with the SLaM droids, the Cardinal Company Second Rangers, and a literal army of other soldiers and guards within almost a two mile radius. If that was not enough, Justice Shipping's over 10,000 meters of warships overhead keeping watch would certainly keep anyone foolish enough to try and mess with the Crime Lord a reasonable set of second doubts.

Wearing his leather jacket over a shimersilk shirt and matching leather pants, the spacer was his typical self, drinking, smoking, laughing, talking.

"Aye," the spacer said raising his glass, "that it be."

| [member="James Justice"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="stardust"] | [member="Nyx"] | [member="Lierra Umdal"] |

Alicia had already arrived on Sluis Van, and had taken a seat, by the time James Justice had entered the room. Leg folded over the other, she turned in her seat to settle her gaze on the scoundrel. "Hello, James. Fancy seeing you here?"

Alicia Drey happened to be the joint owner of Emeritus Industries and so, Lierra Umdal effectively worked for her. Although, she hadn't taken a hand in the workings of Emeritus since the Santhe scandal, involving the design of the Neutralizer II. Turning her gaze to Lierra, Alicia asked, "Where is Vitor? I thought he would be here, considering the venue."

Stardust sighed as she boarded off following [member="James Justice"] with [member="Gray Raxis"] in tow, she wore a red dress that stopped just above the knee it covered her bosom but still have a eyeful "

Well here we are gray"she said as she smiled, she was the grand admiral of James justice shipping and part of his directors "hopefully there'd wine...I could go for some right now" she said as she sat down
@nyz [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Lierra Umdal"]

[member="Lierra Umdal"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="stardust"]

Gray had shown up to the meeting. He was asked to be here by James and invited as her date by Star. Two of his superiors had wanted him to be here, so here he was. He didn't know the exact details of what was going on, but figured he was here more as a hired gun than anything else. He wore his gray collared, button up shirt with a dark blue vest over it and gray slacks the same color as his shirt. He had his leather boots on and his leather duster. He had his blaster pistol strapped to his right leg as always, because he would rather come naked than without it. He looked like a man who had walked off of a frontier world than a business man, but he wasn't here to be making deals. He was here to eat some food, drink some alcohol, and tease Star, because she knew better than to bring him along as a date and not expect him to flirt with her for it.

Gray walked into the lounge room. He took the whole thing in quickly. He leaned in next to star and said, " I don't think I have nice enough clothes for this venue. By the way, you look amazing in that dress. It really shows off your 'personality' well." He winked at her before he turned his attention to James. He called out and said, " James, I think Star is showing you up in her dress. You might want to up your game boss if you want center stage tonight." He smiled to the man then noticed who the host of the night was. He waved to Lierra and said, " Oh is that you Lierra? Fancy meeting you here! Looking good as always I see."

"Perhaps he will arrive shortly. Whatever it is, I'm sure he is spending his time on most important matters" she would say in response to Alicia.

"Very well, ladies and gentlemen, seeing as most of you are here, I will not waste your time." She would turn on a hologram in a nearby projector before laying back in her own seat. "The topic of today's discussion is success. More particularly, how most of you have obtained it, what drives you to continue, as well as what you would suggest for an apsiring business person such as myself. I personally have spent some time placing a larger emphasis on technology, but I have found that sitting in a laboratory all day with hired intelligence has its limits in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that each of your philosophies regarding this subject may vary, but I believe this will make such a discussion even more beneficial.

I would also ask of more detailed histories of how you got to your current positions, but I understand that some of our histories are more..."rugged" than others. She would say this almost laghing to herself while staring at James.

[member="James Justice"] [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]​

"Well I don't know that much about the technology," James offered with a slight smile. "But there be a few things I can tell ye that helped me. I would say first surround yeself with allies. Make yeself as many friends as ye can and surround yeself with the best allies that ye can find," he gave a wave to Grey, Stardust and Alicia, "All of them have helped me and I helped em too. Its the mutual help that is the best kinda help. When everyone has something to gain, everyone wants to make a part of it, mind ye."

He grabbed a drink nearby and quickly drained it before continuing, "Next, hustle. Do everything ye can, all the time. The farmers of way back would have called it spreading ye seeds far and wide. Steal if ye have to, but," he chuckled, "not from me. Or anyone who can ram it back to ye. And," he lowered his voice to barely above a whisper, "Dun't make deals with Mandos."

[member="Lierra Umdal"]

She found herself laughing at these comments, thinking of a time where a situation could have gone so wrong as to produce such fears from James. Then, nodding along at the advice, she would reply in a more eager tone "I will take that into consideration. Surely allies become important for one's goals regardless of their nature." She would then press another button on the hologram, projecting a map of some distinct parts of the galaxy. "But I must ask....what of your allignments to the powers in this space? Surely you all must harbor some opinions or loyalties to some." She then began to circle the room, thinking of some of the known factions as she walked.

"The Alliance...the Republic...the Syndicate...Mandalorians...the First Order?"

[member="James Justice"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Darth Ayra"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom