Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Kill a Mocking Porg

Nar Shaddaa, a seedy place in the ass end of the galaxy. A planet of gangs, Bounty Hunters and mercenaries. People went there to hide and others went there to find work. To one merc though it was the hell hole that she grew up.

Iona stood in a doorway of a nearby building, pulling out her wrist mounted data-pad to view over her latest mark. Some human crime lord going by the name Tavilan Holsedg. To her he was just another deadman who didn't know it yet. He had probably not paid his taxes to the hutts or something, it mattered little to her. She still got paid one way or another.

Pulling up her hood she made her way to where her contact could be found, his club, The Hysterical Trandosian. Upon approach she paid her entrance into the club like any other patron and effortlessly blended into the crowd. She had been able to sneak in her daggers and her stealth kit and that was it. She would have to get close to her target or sneak off and reclaim her hidden weapon stash that she had previously left her on a prior visit.

She lowered her hood once she was inside and walked up to the bar to order a drink, nothing fancy, she didn't wish to draw any attention to herself. she scoped the place out, checking the locations of the cameras and marking them subtly on her wrist-pad. She started the program on it to hack into the security feed. She just hoped the program her contacts provided her would work.

It was then that she saw her target. Tavilan was a chubby fella, rings on his fingers and acting like he owned the whole planet, chuckling to herself she kept watching, it was then she noticed his bodyguard Smart move, but it won't save you. she thought. She could feel something about him but she wasn't sure yet, it left her feeling a little uneasy.

[member="Domeric Perisa"]

"Boss, bein' out in the open like this ain't my idea of a smart idea."

While normally Dom would have been all over the bar, a drink in one hand and the hand of a beautiful Pantoran woman leaving a red mark across his face after one brash comment too many, the Ylesian found that one of the few times he could put his base nature aside was on a job. He'd been paid a third up front, protecting some low-level crime boss who barely even rated on the local criminal ladder. There had just been a meeting with a few other local gangsters, small fries in comparison to the Hutts who ran the entire racket, but clearly Tavilan saw himself just as big as them.

"We're fine, boy, calm down!" the portly Tavilan replied with a bellowing laugh, swishing his cup to the side so roughly that some of the dark alcoholic beverage inside splattered along the couch. "Who'd dare attack a man in his own club after a meeting?" A snap of his fingers signaled for a passing server to divert her attention his way. "You, girl! More rum!"

With a nod she departed to retrieve his favored beverage, Domeric's eyes following her for a moment as he took a sip of his own drink before returning to the rest of the bar. He noticed a strange person entering, heading over to the bar after lowering their hood, but then again a dozen folks just like her had done the same in the past hour alone. Something felt off, however, from shortly after she'd entered. Dom was on edge, a hand reaching for his handgun strapped into a holster around his upper thigh. He couldn't quite pinpoint it to any particular person, as he didn't recognize any of the faces as the hired muscle from the other gangs that had attended the meeting, but through the Force he could sense something was definitely wrong here.

"Security check," he said into his handheld comm unit as his eyes scanned the crowd.

"Door guard checking in."

"Floor guards checking in."

"Rear exit guard checking in."

Upstairs guards checking in."

Seven in total, plus himself, but if Domeric had to be honest he didn't trust any of them in the competency department. Half were common street rats who could barely hold a blaster straight, and the rest were large and strong but ultimately cowards better suited to bullying unruly customers out of the establishment than protecting their boss. If his feelings were correct, and there were a threat somewhere in the bar, it would be down to him.

[member="Iona Tendrarin"]

Iona decided to just keep watch and let the program on her wrist-pad do it's job hacking into the systems. Once inside she could track where every guard was and even knock out the power if she wished. She was outmatched here though, she needed to get to her supplies but she had stashed them for plan B should the first go wrong.

She decided to be cheeky and whern the passing server came to get Tavilan's drinks, she called her over and put down 500 credits "Get the handsome bodyguard a drink too. You can tell him it's from me if you wish." The girl nodded and poured a second glass of rum for [member="Domeric Perisa"] . She watched as the girl returned before hearing a small beap in her ear from her wrist-pad letting her know it's job was done.

At the sound of this she slipped off towards the bathrooms to find a secluded stall she could map out the club.

When the server returned, rather than the one cup of rum for the boss, she carried two with her. Domeric had been distracted looking through the crowd to notice it at first, then she placed it on the table before him, pulling his attention back.

"From the lady over there, sir," she said, motioning to [member="Iona Tendrarin"] at the bar.

Dom followed the motion to the slender and, at least to him at this distance, diminutive woman at the bar. The same one who'd entered shortly before. Despite the offering there was a fierceness to her face, something he easily noticed with only a brief glance. She was attractive, but dangerous, made further evident when he picked up on a force signature from her. While it didn't immediately cause alarm it made him fairly suspicious.

Still, it was a drink from a good looking woman, and as he took it he looked over her way before raising it in a toast. As he drank it he could hear another bellowing laugh from Tavilan, drawing his attention over once the cup was back down on the table. "Something funny, boss?"

"Betcha'd rather be free to head over and chat her up right now, wouldn't ya?"

With a shrug, he replied, "Could be. Might have time later tonight if she sticks 'round. Don't think I'd be gettin' paid if I skipped on a job now though."

"Precisely," Tavilan replied with a knowing grin. "Won't need to be here much longer anyway. I'm leaving for Zeltros in the morning, and once I'm off world safe and sound you'll get the rest of your pay."

Rather than respond, Domeric turned his attention back to the bar, though by now the woman had already left, it seemed, as a particularly ugly Nikto had taken her seat. Oh well.

From inside the locked cubicle she managed to slide open the tiling above her and reaching in reclaimed a box from inside. She had managed to stash a small wrist mounted blaster. It had enoguh for one shot before she would have to dispose of it. It had been a small trick taught to her by her time with the mandalorian clans. She placed the box and the tile back into place and looked at her wrist-pad at the security cameras.

Smirking she marked where the guards were and tripped a camera to a location away from Dom and the group in an attempt to distract them. She covered her arm and returned to the bar to grab another drink to watch the results of her actions. When some of the guards had separated she walked over to Dom and the group. She was confident that she could get past a frisk search, after all she had quickly switched her wrist-pad to display nothing more than a dummy holomessage account to make it look she was a business woman.

She approached with a smile "Ah good evening Tavilan, I hear business has been booming for you lately? I am T'pel Cashire, I work for your friend Tarshek, the trandosian. He sends his best wishes and hopes we can come to some sort of agreement. Are you up for a chat?" she extended her arm towards him, her wrist mounted blaster hidden from view very carefully.

She just needed him to get closer so she could strike at him. She glanced over at [member="Domeric Perisa"] then looked back at Tavilan.

A beeping sound on his commlink got Domeric's attention, causing him to quickly raise it up and get the attention of the rest of the guards, who were already spread out amongst the establishment. "That's a video security trigger, upstairs who's got eyes on it?"

"Looks like it was near the back exit," a voice came over the link, a quick look from Dom to one of the bouncers on the floor signalling for him to head for the hall and inspect the situation. Now aside from Domeric himself there were only three guards in the main area, only one of them however within sight of the boss's table. "Running a search now."

"Copy that, inform me with what you find."

Just as he finished speaking [member="Iona Tendrarin"] approached, a slight grin forming as he recognized her from the bar.

"Tarshek?" the boss grunted, a slightly confused expression on his face before his eyes widened as it clicked. "Ah right, Tarshek! Haven't heard from him in months, of course, come sit!"

"Wait." Domeric's voice cut in as he took a step between this woman, calling herself T'pel, and Tavilan. "Sorry darlin', friend or not, I've gotta search you."

A quick glance back to Tavilan was met with a bit of a frustrated expression at the interruption, but a nod in acceptance. With his attention now back on T'pel he waited for her to agree, though even before then, he began to feel through the force for anything mechanical in nature on her person. If there had been any one power he'd latched on to in his training it was mechu deru, and if he'd discovered anything out of the ordinary, he'd try to sabotage it quickly.

Iona gave a smile and extended her arms out to the sides so that [member="Domeric Perisa"] could pat her down and search her "Now are you doing your job or did you just want a reason to cop a feel?" she joked as she kept an eye on Tavilan, making this all out as a big joke.

She remained calm throughout the search but she knew that if he found anything she would need to quickly explain it away, well this was Nar Shaddaa, weapons on yourself were a bit of a must if you wanted to survive, perhaps it would be best to seem somewhat honest and put her daggers on the table, might take off some of the heat. Either way this body guard was an obstacle and she wasnt getting paid to take him out.

"I have two daggers somewhere on my body, A girl has to protect herself on the streets these days, you never know when some trandosian slime ball will try and rob a poor defensless woman on the streets."

Domeric got a good laugh at her suggestion, arms already outstretched to begin the pat-down. "Could be both," he replied with a cheeky grin, an eyebrow raised to sell the point further. He fully expected to find at least one weapon on her, if not a blade then a blaster, so her confession came as a welcome admission. It wasn't hard to find their outline against her clothing, and if it weren't for his deep familiarity with locating mechanisms, he'd have missed the wrist blaster.

Rather than point it out, however, he chose to keep that bit of information to himself. After all it wasn't uncommon to keep secrets in systems like this, especially in places like the one they were now, but he planned to test her. With a grin, and a quick glance up and down to hopefully throw her off of his knowledge of the weapon, he waved her forward. A small hand motion however connected him through the force to her concealed weapon, the attempt already begun to disrupt its operation in the event [member="Iona Tendrarin"] tried to use it.

"Keep the knives, darlin," he said as he took a step aside to allow her on. "And your hands in the open. If you mean to use 'em... I'll know." A quick wink was all that followed as the boss grinned and nodded from behind Domeric.

Iona chuckled at his response "You men are all the same, anything to cop a feel of a beautiful woman. No harm done though." she walked on and sat down opposite Tavilan.
She pulled out a datapad and slid it across the table to him, it actually did contain information about a trade deal setup between Tarshek and Tavilan. I hope that everyting is to your liking? Tarshek would be upset if you found his offer unsatisfactory?" She glanced over at [member="Domeric Perisa"] and rested a hand over the one with her wrist blaster.

Something didn't didn't feel right but she needed to eliminate this target and show him that the hutts were not to be messed with. She could maim him but she would have to explain why she kept him alive to her contractor. Now was too soon to strike however, that damn body guard was eying her so much. She could use her blaster but it only had one shot and could she get up in time to strike at her target before the bodyguard could react.

"So Mr bodyguard, what landed you this job then? There is more to you than meets the eye isnt there?" she was mostly bluffing but her gut needed to find out, something about him was off to her and it was bugging her.

Domeric waited in silence as his employer looked over the proposed trade deal. Tavilan may have been the boisterous type, gregarious in everything else, but in business he was shrewd. One thing at least that he took seriously was the fine details of trade, and whether or not he was getting screwed in any way. So much as a single credit discrepancy would be calculated for if he could.

When [member="Iona Tendrarin"] began to question him, however, Domeric got the feeling that she was more observant than he gave her credit for. A hand had gone to cover the part of her wrist where he'd detected the hidden weapon. Perhaps to throw him off as to its presence, or perhaps a simple action with no deeper meaning than comfort.

"Money, I suppose," he replied despite the gymnastics his brain was making to try and think of every possibility for what would happen next. "Not my ideal gig but mercenary work pays well. Tell you the truth I'd rather we were over at the bar, askin' why you sent me that drink earlier, but on Hutt worlds everything's got a cost. You know how it is."

Iona gave him a smile "Ah money, it drives a lot of people here on Nar Shaddaa to do a lot of things. Can also get people into trouble too if they don't pay their debts." She crossed her legs and laid back in her chair to get comfy. "Oh the drink? I guess I wanted to see if you would accept it, it would have been very easy for me to poison your drink had the camera's not all been focused on me, or am I wrong in that regard and overestimating the security in this place?" she asked raising an eyebrow "I am already opposite the boss and within striking distance am I not? Mr Bodyguard."

Pressing a button her wrist-pad, the datapad that Tavilan was holding shorted out and electrocuted him, with another quick button press she had the program she had left running knock out the power to the building as she shot up to strike at Tavilan's neck with her blade.

[member="Domeric Perisa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom