Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Future Investments (Xyhn)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo sat quietly in the conference room as he waited for his guest. He'd decided to invest in certain avenues and businesses, especially those associated with Crystalsong. The planet had become a sort of special project for the Hutt and it would benefit him to understand the workings of the businesses there. In order to understand the businesses there, one had to be a part of them. The easiest way for that to happen for a being in his position was to simply buy stock.

Purchasing stock brought him both profit and an understanding for the running of the company whose stock he owned. This was a doubly beneficial arrangement for the Hutt and spoke volumes of long term planning and profits in the future.

Popo had found someone willing to sell their ownership in a certain company based out of Crystalsong. RRDI had made a few interesting products on occasion and, honestly, it wasn't a bad investment all things considered.

For now, though, he waited. [member="Countess Xyhn"] would show eventually and, then, the dealing would begin.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
There seemed to be a going misconception that RRDI had any kind of centralized operation on Crystalsong. The heart of their manufacture was on Pii and the head of their operations was on Sikune. Neither location was readily accessible to invaders and intruders, and thankfully so.
Even Alachei, the company's founder, could admit that its vehicles were mediocre, its ships were industry-standard and its one-off productions were limited. However, there was one thing, one very particular thing, which RRDI was known for; that was its incredibly advanced and cutting-edge fighters and attack craft. To date, the record of zero Solace-Class kills stood, which was a first in corporate galactic history on that scale. Their fighter projects were statistically superior and it couldn't be denied on paper or in demonstration. Ri'ess Regal Drives was founded on the advanced starfighter, and it continued in greatness because of the advanced starfighter.
A certain individual whose own expanse rivaled the expansionism of his corporation had recently mailed Aynea with interest in her shares, a general forwarding to RRDI concerning sales opportunities for any willing shareholders. Aynea was the first and only to dabble in such business and was notified by the RRDI's headquarters immediately.
A holoprojection via live feed (with, of course, a minor hypercomm delay) would present itself to [member="Popo"] in the form of Aynea, clad in her typical high-class Jedi attire.
"So I hear you want my shares of RRDI. I hold five percent, one million individual shares. That's approximately one hundred... million credits at the current market rate. Let's talk business."

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Roughly, yes," Popo stated in agreement. When it came to wheeling and dealing he'd rather cut straight to the chase in some instances and this was one of them.

"I'm interested in expanding Tenloss and investing in other companies to increase... relations with other corporations. As RRDI seems to be doing well, but isn't a widely and largely established company, it is my belief that purchasing stock in RRDI could turn out to be a beneficial arrangement for both sides. In fact, with a connection financially, greater projects may be at stake for both involved. In essence, this would be a win-win for both Tenloss and RRDI in the end."

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
"The corporation has served the Mnenchei Dominion, the Galactic Republic, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Shadow Empire, the Red Raven... Republic and now the Crystalsong Commonwealth, as well as major locations in the SSB and the galactic open market. It may not be a Tier Six supergiant, but I would hardly call it 'unestablished'."
Aynea pulled up a datapad with the stock information on it as well as her stakes in it.
"The company's stocks may not have been valued as high as they once were in the former CIS, but the drop was minor due to publicity through the Ravens and Imperial supply contracts."
"It's like I stated before, I'm perfectly fine with selling them at an estimated market value of one hundred million credits flat - a shave more than they're worth right now but not by much."

[member="Popo"]​

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo held up a hand to forestall more commentary.

"Perhaps my terminology was unclear," he said in a placating tone. "It is not as well established as, say, Tenloss is when it comes to locations and areas of influence as Tenloss stretches from the Eastern Galaxy to the Bajic Sector and beyond nor does it have the same backing as a top tier company or corporation. It is established, but not as well established as other companies. It is still growing, currently, and therefore stands to grow larger than where it stands thereby making more profit over time. My apologies if it sounded as if I was downplaying the company. Such was not my intention."

The Hutt pulled a few files around on his desk. He pulled the correct one out and scanned the numbers there for a moment.

"The price listed seems fair," he said after a moment. "I can send the funds electronically or send them physically. It's your prerogative, really."

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
"Not at all." Aynea smiled. "Hmm. If it is of your convenience to wire the funds electronically, then I have no issue. However, if you are alright with a formal meeting in person, you can find me overseeing various development projects on Crystalsong. It appears you're stirred up quite the fuss with the Commonwealth's military defense assets. Now they're finally been given the initiative to start constructing major bases of operation. Perhaps it is for the better - Gods know they'd have never formalized otherwise. Oh, and don't worry about the bounty. It appears I'm worth just as much as you right now, if not more."
[member="Popo"]​

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I think that wiring the funds electronically would be faster for all involved, honestly," the Hutt stated after a moment. "I'm not slated to return to Crystalsong for a few days at least and I'd rather expedite this purchase if possible. Get the money in your hands and the stock in mine sooner rather than later, eh?"

A few moments of fiddling on his dataterminal and he'd moved the funds into the necessary accounts. A few more moments and he successfully sent the funds to the appropriate receiving account. [member="Countess Xyhn"] would more than likely spot the funds in a minute or so and the stocks would then be exchanged.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Aynea had taken a brief intermission to consider everything; the economy, the funds, the future, they were all significant. A bleep from her datapad notified her of a transaction in her account. Not even picking it up, she replied to [member="Popo"].
"To be completely honest, both electronic and physical have their advantages and disadvantages. Electronically funds can be moved quickly and easily, but there will always be a digital footprint. Physically, a great deal of time and effort might be spent, but tangible assets and currencies are much harder to track."
The foxtress sighed.
"I'd have preferred a suit case full of chips, or a crate full of bars, but this will do. I thank you for the opportunity to this exchange - though truthfully, it was more of a necessity."
"Don't be a stranger," she winked. "Come visit Malfrost some time."

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I may just, Countess. I may just," Popo said with a nod as he watched the stocks appear in his accounts. It was such a strange thing, corporate tradings. It reminded him very strongly of those trading card games children played on some worlds. It was all a game of what you had, how you countered what they had, and what you were willing to buy and, if you couldn't buy, what you were willing to wait out, trade for, or steal to get.

"For now, though, I need to get this stored away and my itenerary set up for Crystalsong. Thank you for your time, Countess."

And with that, Popo sat back in his chair. Things were going well, it seemed. Very well.

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom