Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To forge ones life in a single moment. (Open to 1 FU)

Walking along one of the many corridors of the Home Base. Instead of my normal daily routine of doing my push ups and working on making my body an epitome of muscular perfection. I decided to walk to the library. With the source of information that the Army had. I could possibly find something that might peak my interests. Which shouldn't be hard. Seeing as how I had lost most of my memory from my operations. Anything that could be taught to me or read in a datapad or book, I would listen and learn.

Walking there was not so hard. Infact finding the information was rather easy. But to find something that made my skin crawl with fascination did simply not come to me. I looked at anything. reading off the titles to myself.

"Random facts about Banthas, What are Rancors? Do Dragons exist, Tomes of the Sparkly One. Force-Imbued blades and the Je'daii order, Little- Wait."

Going back to the last book title that I saw. It mentioned something about blades. I knew alot about swords and rifles. But in all of my life, I have never heard of a weapon called a Force Imbued Blade. Grabbing it. I walked over to the table next to me and sat down as I activated the Datapad. Slowly I began to read.

"The Force-imbued blade was first conceived on Tython in the forges of Vur Tepe by the ancient Je'daii Order, and would become the orders signature weapon until the introduction of the Forcesaber circa 25,793 BBY by the Force Hound Xesh. From the Forcesaber, the Je'daii Order would take basic principles of Forcesaber technology and eventually develop the Protosaber, which would become the new standard weapon for the order circa 5,000 BBY.[3] Nevertheless, the Force-imbued blade saw widespread use throughout the Despot War, the Force Wars between the followers of the Ashla and Bogan, and up until the First Great Schism circa 24,500 BBY."

My mind raced all of the info into my head. Taking it one word at a time. Each item seemingly raised my heart beat. Looking up I thought about the weapon that I had. A vibrosword that could cut through alot of things. But it couldn't cut through all. And the Idea of a lightsaber was not so appealing to me at the moment. I shook my head and started to read again

"Typically, each blade was created by a Je'daii after advancing past the rank of Padawan and becoming a Je'daii Journeyer or Je'daii Ranger of the Order. Despite the common name, the blades were not exclusive to the Jedi, since they were also used extensively by followers of the Bogan during the Force Wars, as well as by the Legions of Lettow."

With more information about what was happening in this type of blade use so long ago, I just had to keep reading.

"The practices and techniques that the Tythonian Je'daii used to create Force-imbued blades were carried down and practiced by the Legions of Lettow at the Chatos Academy. An initiate would select a bar of high carbon metal, typically durasteel, and would hammer the bar into a blade; as it was forged, the Force was channeled into the blade, altering the molecular structure of the metal into a reinforced lattice. The forging process was both physically and mentally taxing, the physical stamina and mental fortitude needed to hammer the blade while simultaneously channeling energy being extremely challenging; on completion though, the reinforced lattice both hardened the blade and sharpened the edge, as well as prepared the blade for the next steps in the forging process. Once the blade was forged, an initiate would place an energy crystal into the hilt of the blade, and then would marry the lattices of the crystal and the blade together - this was accomplished by submerging oneself deep into the force, and then meditating on the blade and crystal until blade, crystal, and smith became as one entity. Once the lattices were married, the wielder would channel energy through the crystal and into the blade until it began to glow with a nimbus of energy; signifying that the blade had been permanently infused with the Force. The entire process was taxing and challenging, and smiths ran the risk of shattering the blade, crystal, or both when channeling energy - whether due to imperfections in the lattices, or due to the inadequate skills of the smith.

Force-imbued blades were solid metal blades that required no power source, and that glowed with the power of the Force coursing through them. This glow could manifest itself in multiple ways, ranging from lightning like striations, a discoloration of the blade, a fire like manifestation, or not at all. Imbued with the Force, the blades were preternaturally strong and sharp, being capable of cutting effortlessly through most materials, with the exception of reinforced metals such as durasteel, which took more effort."

I just couldn't believe what I was reading. With all of this information I now knew what I needed to do to get this type of blade. Only, I would not just have someone make it for me. I would have to make the blade myself. I just sat there for a moment when I finally got up. Walking over to the librarian, I asked one question with what seemed like a very loud voice, full of enthusiasm and excitement.

"I would like all the data that you have on the Je'daii order, and Force-Imbued Blades."

@[member="Dove"]

The librarian turned his head. Somewhere behind the man a white clad Echani sat, dressed head to toe in Echani inspired attire, pure as white could be, the absence of any blemish the most noticeable feature. Silver hair, silver eyes focusing heavily, deep at study, watching the motion of the videos ahead of him. Taiden didn't read so much as draw in art, but he could appreciate text unlike many Echani, the feel and smell of the musty old artefacts made his heart sing.

Taiden Keth was a man of history, like his ancestors before him. Studies like this ruled his early days, the arts of war, of the force and orders long dead. His gaze sparkled at the possibility of learning yet more. If there was one thing he was good at, it was shaping a blade. He'd never touched a lightsaber before but honing blades for an Echani, especially Thyrsian leaning Echani, was like learning your basic alphabet for a child.

"With that I can help." Once upon a time there was a man named Aiden Keth, brother to the betrayer Raien Keth. Aiden had kept long line of scrolls, of precious readings and other texts that you just couldn't find anywhere else, the ones that were saved, were right here. 400 years old, and more beyond that.

Walking over, making steps that were placed methodically in perfect timing, body language was everything to an Echani, they read through action and motion. He carefully laid a bag upon the surface near @[member="Dove"], it had many old relics in there. Not cared for as well as his direct ancestor Aiden perhaps who was meticulous, but preserved all the same, the last of the Keth history, before it was rewritten by their betrayal, that and much more.

Laying on several scrolls in front of @[member="Dove"] entitled, Je'daii order, the guide to balance in the center of war. Something an Echani could appreciate.

"Within the pages of our past, this may have what you seek." It was an incomplete scroll, pieces missing, that would have to be discovered, Taiden said no more, like a rock he was the absence of motion drawn from the earth he stood on, solid foundations in his stance.

The Liberian had not said a single word to me when a man spoke. Even from where I was standing, The white all over him seemed to brighten up the dim rooms of the library. Even his white hair seemed to glow in the room, And yet he offered his help. The man walked towards me and setting a bag down on the table. I looked up at him with a confused look, How did a man have this information and where did he get it from? Looking into the bag, I picked up a few of the scrolls. Labeled with the Je'daii order.

Looking up at him again. I just completely wondered how he got this. "Thank you, um since you appear to be an Echani, You know how to forge blades as well?" I knew that the Echani could create so many different weapons and armor, but I didn't know if he was one to build things. Even if he could, I would need to learn how to. And with what I had in mind. This may be very taxing on my end. TO forge a blade with hand and force would not just be hard on the physical body, but on the mind as well. I didn't need scrolls or a book to tell me that.

@[member="Taiden Keth"]

If Taiden could become the librarian of this place... that was an interesting notion, but no his duties were in the field, in the coming war, his family name expected that of him. The house's title of Betrayer wasn't going to go away on its own.

Unmoving unshakable, Taiden studied the body language of Dove, trying to see his motives, and reasons for this work in how he stood and how he acted, the words were much less important to an Echani. "The work is not how it should be." Truly the Keth were 400 years old in the making and the family line much older going back to the shattering of his people. This work had not endured as well as Taiden would have hoped, due to the burning. "You see the holes, the imperfections found in the past, they will require our eyes to research, our arms for trial and error, but it is a beginning, and a grounding for us." A grounding was what mattered to Taiden, a strong foundation. The Echani said holes, he meant holes in the actual parchment, but also in the record itself. This was such an old force order, one scroll wasn't going to give them everything they needed.

"House Keth of the Echani live and breathe their blades, we were born to walk on Thyrsus." Thyrsus the place of the blade, over the usual Echani fist. To educate the population in Raien's eyes, but too long had they been kept in the dark because of that one man's actions. Us Taiden needed a weapon to fight the Sith just as much as Dove might. What better place to start. "Yes, I will reforge the blade of house Keth by your side."

Watching him, waiting, studying the man who would work with him, reading all from motion, on this a most sacred of task. Two men to build two blades. "Where do you suggest we begin?" @[member="Dove"]

5 Years OOC inspiration and threads to the Keth Family, the scrolls did exist IC at one time, many were burned.

I was at first confused by what the man had said by the work was not how it should be. With a single second in the man's words He spoke more to explain. With holes in the scripts, literally and figuratively, Some of this work we would have to do on our own. I smiled at the man as he intended to fill them. I knew that the man must be down from this line somehow. Even from where he was standing and his posture, It told me that he was set on filling the holes and rewriting history. I nodded my head at the man.

"Then we will forge these blades together, and with it, rewrite the scrolls that you hold." I zipped back up the bag and pushed it towards him Smiling I spoke. "You may know that we need the materials for the blade, but we also need a crystal. Not just one that we may find, No, we must create one to have a stronger bond with the blade itself." I looked to my left now and saw that the librarian was still looking at us.

"Lets go somewhere, where we can talk in private." I didn't trust the man behind the counter. Seeing as how he was so interested in this idea, he might have wanted to try it himself, Yet I wanted plans only with the Echani who I was rather interested in. Not a random young man that put up books.
@[member="Taiden Keth"]

Confusing and Traditional Echani went hand in hand to some, almost as if you had to watch their body language to even get a glimpse of what they were meaning at all, the emotion behind it anyway. Before @[member="Dove"] had even spoken to him Taiden was walking with him, his glance and body language indicated Dove was about to move, the words were an afterthought.

If Echani might have laughed this crystal builder would have laughed, instead the stance shifted its weight side to side, subtly, speaking volumes of the Echani's interest, "I have, talents in that regard." Subtle communication with crystals was Taiden's main ability that other's lacked, and what made him valued to the builders in their work constructing crystal artifacts or weapons such as this. "They say it is the voice of the builders, I say it is a keen mind. Whether it be the fated chance of history or years hard work, I hear crystals," not speak with, crystals didn't start chatting with you, but listen hard enough and you could hear what they had to say. Every force crystal had its own hum, or its own resonance, the presence of the force different in each.

Taking out a small force crystal from his pocket, about the size of a pebble, Taiden placed it on a nearby ledge, letting it settle into the environment it was in, a sense of the force present in this small object, he wanted to better learn of those around them. The color seemed a blueish swirling mass of greys.

"How do you plan to rebuild a history that burned away in fire?" Taiden asked, but the way he stood betrayed he had his own ideas already, he was confident in fact. That history was part of his own, and he wouldn't stop till it was repaired.

I listened to the man as we walked. He spoke of having the talents necessary, however, he also spoke about hearing crystals. Since I was relatively new to the force, I didn't question him. However, with the man's walk and the way he moved suggested some sort of... Nobility? maybe, ether way the man was hard to read. As I saw this, he seemed much like me, silent unless spoken to. Standing away from the crowd, not because he was an outcast, but because he wanted to?

It was very intriguing on how the man was. Acting in a manner that would rival even the most tame of individuals. Thats when the question popped up from him. How did I plan to rebuild history. My instant response would have been something about looking for other sources, but then I stopped and thought. How could history be formed? and how could it change.

I thought for a moment as we walked to.... wherever. My mind raced faster and faster than even my wings could carry. finally I answered. "To find what made the history, and experience it, and fill the holes, so others may do the same." Here is what I had come up with. History is never ending. And there are some holes that one person may never fill or replace. So each person has to do their share of filling holes one by one, for a different mind to come in, and get better and more complex ideas, filling more holes than what you had. and the line continues, yet never ending because there will always be holes in life, history, and the mind.

@[member="Taiden Keth"]

Apologies for the delay, accessing the board has been difficult

"Seeking out answers in book or in dead?" Taiden angled his head upward to consider the possibilities of the answer, reliving history was appealing but rewriting it was his all consuming focus, the fine focus Taiden could bring in flicking through details like a recipe brought to order.

Pulling open a large dusty tomb, one yet to be recorded to datapad or file. Taiden heaved the book down upon the surface, scattering dust everywhere, its pages felt like crinkled bits of old wood, or sawdust. Etched into them were secrets, the librarians of this place were assembling to hand. He offered it to @[member="Dove"], with a simple nod a droid trundled off to gather another.

Always at study, that or in training, like his ancestors, there was no other focus in his life, save his occasional guilty vice of taking to cook lavish meals. So he knew this place like the back of his hand. The ship's library wasn't much but it was beginning to be assembled to be something great.

The droid brought several such volumes, some translated to the computers in front of them, others still in their native form, a native from Taiden would rather preserve if he had his way. "There is something on the blade here but it speaks in song." @[member="Dove"].

"Strong of mind and body," Mentally and physically taxing.
"Blades of the six hundred strong," Tythonian Je'daii, an article of their mass forging.
"Wielding the hammer, becoming the force's anvil," Channeling the force into the weapon while hammering it into shape.
"Marry the lattices, the metal becomes your sacred space," the deep immersion into the force required to bring them together, meditating on the blade till it became one entity with the meditator.

It was hard to decipher but he got that much from the pages, mulling over the words read allowed, words were nothing to an Echani so he studied the runes and the pictures, leaving the words for @[member="Dove"].

*mentioned on LOA*

As the man asked me a second part of the question, He turned to me and handed me a scroll that was older than the building that we stood in. I looked at each photograph that was on the brittle paper. Careful out of fear of breaking the old relic, I listened to the small song that told of the creation of the blades forged long ago.

Thoughts entered my head of how taxing they were to make. The song was almost a riddle for how to even breathe near the weapons of old. Smiling, I nodded my head understanding that this process would be taxing, but with it, I would gain knowledge, strength, and a sense of moral that I would never have gotten if I didn't pick up that datapad.

"Ether, Be it by book and relic, or the returned dead. But, The book will take less time and effort, and raising the dead from such a long time ago, is impractical." I took the man's literal sense of "dead" however, with the Holocrons that were made, possibly there was one or two that we could find and learn from.

@[member="Taiden Keth"]
(sorry its so short.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom