Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To be free, free falling! (Mystery training, open to all)

Leaning against a shuttle that would take the training he had in mind off-world. He had extended an invitation to all acolytes and knights of the academy as he felt they needed to learn the lesson he was thinking of. It would be a chance to show the acolytes the power they had within themselves and a way for them to realize that their powers were really only limited by their own imaginations and minds.

Each arrival would be handed a slim and sleek metal backpack that they wouldn't be able to open but would have to put on their backs to be allowed entry into the shuttle and consequently the lesson. Inside a belt pouch holding basic survival items such as a med kit, two day's worth of rations and water and a camping kit to allow them shelter and warmth if need be. Inside the shuttle Erebos lay on a bench that was on the other side of the cockpit were a large hold was inside the shuttle with no other seat for the acolytes or knights to sit unless they'd choose the floor.

(I will post after two-three days and at that point any late comers will need to sit this training session out as my next post will be the shuttle leaving.)
[member="Tymon"]
[member="Nomkneer"]
[member="Ameli Trahir"]
[member="Xavka Duquo"]
[member="Zephyrius"]
[member="Rexus"]
[member="RoyaleChaos"]
[member="Darth Slasher"]
[member="Crentice"]
[member="Kyros Fen"]
[member="Raoh Logarius"]
[member="Matthew (Rogue) Drevur"]
[member="Darth Morsus"]
[member="Pak Kagrid"]
[member="Zayden Madera"]
[member="Onasius Gruwel"]
[member="Darth Nemis The Undying"]
[member="Kevros Kovani"]
[member="Rookie"]
[member="Jude Khann"]
[member="Dar Moraal"]
[member="Jack Mirrikh"]

[member="Abelain Narv'uk"]
[member="Zhi Chen"]
[member="Gorteko Graye"]
[member="Katherine de Redvers"]

[member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"]
[member="Darth Novus"]
[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

Having received an invitation, Cole did not spend much time thinking over his decision. Training was training, no matter how mysterious it was. On the scheduled day and time, Cole arrived at the designated shuttle. When the black backpack was handed to him, he scanned it over but did not waste much time entertaining himself with it. He slipped it on and stepped into the shuttle. He took a quick moment to scan the inside of the shuttle. Eventually, his eyes landed on the Sith Lord [member="Darth Erebos"]. Immediately Cole spun his body to face him and dropped to one knee. "My lord," the Sith Acolyte began. "I am here to attend your training session." Cole kept his head bowed as he spoke, awaiting permission to raise once more.

Having received word of a new class, Gorteko left his room and headed toward the staging area. 'A field trip? This should prove to be interesting to say the least, leaving the academy for the first time since my arrival.' Gorteko thought as he walked through the halls. After a short time he arrived, just after @Tymon. He took his backpack before heading onto the shuttle. Upon seeing [member="Darth Erebos"] the sith gave a respectful nod, offering only the words "My lord." He would then take a seat on the shuttle.

[member="Gorteko Graye"] | [member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="Tymon"]

The blue skinned figure stepped towards the shuttle, red cape scraping across the ground behind it as it finally came to it's destination. There had been word spread that there was to be a training session here, conducted by a Sith Lord of high standing. That alone suggested that the individual organizing the endeavor was quite talented, and fully capable of passing down such skill to those Sith who were still learning. Abelain personally felt that he needed to expand his repertoire of Force abilities, so as to improve his chances of eliminating future threats, and for securing his own safety in the future.

The lesson to be learned had not been given, but upon arrival he was granted a metallic backpack and was instructed to equip it onto his back. He strapped it upon himself, allowing it to lay above the cape. It was slim, and less encumbering than a traditional pack of the same type. Within it the Arue'tii heard the gentle rattle of items, undoubtedly for use in the lesson. He entered the shuttle, taking heed of the three individuals already present and also of the lack of seating arrangements for the majority.

The chitinous being stepped slowly towards the nearest wall, leaning against it and using the pack to hold himself against it. As he waited, he considered what the possibilities were for training, especially involving items and a hold with no safety equipment or seating arrangements. The best option seemed to be that they would be dropped from the shuttle at a relatively high altitude, and would have some form of medical or survival items to guarantee that their lives were preserved in the process. Only time would tell the answer to the curiosities.

Unlike the others gathered, Katherine was not a Sith but a witch however, that did not limit what she was capable of learning by much. Light, dark and everything in between would often overlap in some way or another after all. Dressed comfortably in comfortable yet fashionable clothing which consisted of a top and pants with the slim metallic backpack she had received earlier on her back, she stood rather than sit on the floor of the shuttle like a peasant as she waited for it to depart. She was born to be a queen and she knew it was her destiny ever since the first time she had heard the voice of her beloved.

Katherine hoped that by taking this mission her beloved would contact her again and provide her with his loving words of guidance. No matter how many times he spoke with her, she still felt giddy and a sense of excitement. Out of all the women he could have selected for his bride, he chose her. She was special, she meant something to him. Trapped within her own delusions as she waited for the training to commence paying no attention to the others on board or her lizard, Elan who rested in a pocket. Her mind was her happy place because he was there.

| [member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="Tymon"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"] | [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] |

He waited for the acolytes to enter the shuttle one by one, out of the four that arrived he only knew acolyte Gorteko. Once everyone had arrived he gave a good knock on the wall to signal the pilot to take off. Looking towards Tymon, Erebos gave him a gesture to stand and then looked over the other two acolytes in the bay while the shuttle shook lightly as it took off. "I am Dath Erebos, I'm your instructor for this training mission. Please introduce yourselves."

The shuttle was a highspeed variant of the standard dropships of the one sith and as such it had reached the outside of the academy and gotten out of the Glee Anslem's seas within a minute from taking off.

I [member="Katherine de Redvers"] I [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] I [member="Gorteko Graye"] I [member="Tymon"] I

(Sorry about the day late post, been a little hectic on my end)

The silence slightly annoyed Erebos but he simply folded his arms. "If you aren't going to introduce yourselves then I might as well tell you what your training mission is." He said while he could feel it that the shuttle had reached optimum height in the air. "Survive, I'm going to break each and every one of you with a grueling mission where you will have to survive against me. This might take a day or even three but." He paused as he pulled out the holoprojector and with a click a hologram of an island came into view with two points marked, one red another green. "You will drop into the red zone and will have to make it to the green one to win, the distance is a day's walk on foot but you will have to content with what I've placed on the island as well as avoid me. I will attack you if I come across any of you." with another press the hologram turned to show a small camp with a watch tower in the middle of it.

"This is the compound you will have to get to to win, but this compound won't be a safe haven until all of you are there. Until all of you make it there alive or when those alive are inside the compound I won't be able to attack it on a whim because then this exercise is over. Now any questions before we begin?"

[member="Katherine de Redvers"] [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] [member="Gorteko Graye"] [member="Tymon"] [member="RoyaleChaos"] (Royale I did say in the first post that those that got on board before I posted next would be the group but I'll make an exception for you this one time, good luck.)

[member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"] | [member="Tymon"] | [member="RoyaleChaos"] | [member="Katherine de Redvers"]

The eerie quiet that spread throughout the hold was broken by the teacher of the day, shattering what had been a somewhat peaceful break from the monotony of conversation. It was standard custom for most individuals to present their names to both their cohorts as well as those in positions of authority, but it seemed as though that duty had escaped all of them, or at the least been ignored. The Arue'tii could not mentally chastise them for their lack of courtesy, as he himself had done the same, but there was a mental note made to not recreate the error in the future.

An expeditious examination of the other passengers aboard the craft revealed them to be standard acolytes, curiously only one of them was masked; another pleasant break from the standard method of operation of Sith acolytes. The Sith Lord continued his speech to them, detailing in somewhat vague terms that they would be dropped from the sky; as predicted, into territory where they would be forced to reach a goal zone. All the while, they would be stalked by the Lord who indicated that there would be no hesitation in striking at them should they be detected.

Abelain held doubts as to whether or not the Lord would truly strike them with full fervor, especially since it would likely reduce any aforementioned victims to piles of gore and ilk. It was simply... inefficient to eliminate one's students before they were properly readied, though the inner workings of the Sith order promoted violent brutality for the sake of hardening their followers. It seemed reasonable to rush for the safe zone, ignoring the well-being of the fellows, thereby following philosophy to the letter and ensuring success.

That plan was immediately dashed when the Lord revealed a glowing hologram, strange technology that the Arue'tii was still coming to terms with, it indicated a bunker with a solemn appearance. The orders were to reach that bunker, but it would not provide safety until either all living individuals were present, or until those still alive were entirely present. That seemed to guarantee that they would need to watch one another's backs, though, the Arue'tii considered a somewhat different strategy.

The simple elimination of 'allies' would guarantee the protection of the safe zone, especially since not all of them needed to remain living, nor were there procedures or rules against such conduct. Perhaps that was a curious overlooking on the part of the Lord, but it was filed away mentally lest it be performed in the field. With the mission firmly implanted in his mind, Abelain cast a final glance towards the fellow acolytes, and then stepped back to his position in the corner, awaiting further instruction.

Only when instructed, Cole brought himself back to his feet. He hadn't answered when instructed to introduce himself as at first he believed that it was directed at the other two next to him, and he wasn't big on the idea of making a fool out of himself. So, he kept quite.

When the Sith Lord presented the holoprojector Cole brought all of his attention to it. First, the projection of the island in its entirety showed. Quickly, Cole made note of the structure and relative distance and direction of the two points. However, he wasn't quick enough to pull too much information before the image changed. Slightly satisfied, Cole brushed it off and made note of the new picture in front of him. It was the compound the group was meant to reach, with a tower in the center.

When the time for questions came, Cole kept his mouth shut and simply looked over at his fellow Acolytes. He intended to convince them all to work together, as it seems that doing so would be the only way they could stand a chance against a Sith Lord. It may prove difficult, but Cole was determined to see it through. The Human Acolyte didn't ask a question, and waited for the silence to be broken once more.

[member="Abelain Narv'uk"] | [member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="RoyaleChaos"] | [member="Katherine de Redvers"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko had rarely been one to speak first, and as such he didn't introduce himself as no one else had before him once they were asked to. Once [member="Darth Erebos"] spoke again, Gorteko began to assess their mission brief. 'So we are to simply survive? Though not so simply obviously, trials of sorts, danger, a possible battle with a sith lord? And then the possibility of betrayal. I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind that they might be able to prove themselves by eliminating the other acolytes, perhaps even ascend into the knight rank due to their ability. However, it would prove safer to work together, if the lord did decide to attack in force, no one of us would survive it.' The acolyte thought until their instructor asked if they had questions. "It appears we're all set my lord."

@Tymon @Abelain Narv'uk [member="Katherine de Redvers"]

[SIZE=9pt]Katherine did not have much to say to her peers, nor did she wish to introduce herself to the others. Although she had no desire to introduce herself, she expected the others which to her disappointment, they like her, chose not to introduce themselves either. [member="Darth Erebos"] seemed to have gotten bored of waiting for the Acolytes for to introduce themselves as he folded his arms and said "If you aren't going to introduce yourselves then I might as well tell you what your training mission is."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The witch smirked as Erebos mentioned something about breaking them.-the others possibly but not Katherine. The only one who could have any effect on her was her beloved God - for him, she would happily do anything after all, she even gifted him the lives of her children.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Their mission Darth Erebos had prepared for the group sounded simple enough to Katherine - land on the red zone and make her way to the green zone. How hard could that be especially since she had an advantage over the others. Her beloved had promised to guide her and protect her from harm when he deemed necessary. She had faith in him. Whatever he had her do was for a reason even if she did not understand it. "I guess this is like a little date[/SIZE]," she whispered to her beloved with a smile curling up her lips.

[member="Gorteko Graye"] - [member="Tymon"] - [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] - [member="RoyaleChaos"]

When he heard [member="Gorteko Graye"] speak Erebos's lips turned to a grim smirk under his mask. "You might have forgotten the most important part... Where are your parachutes." He said in a tone that showed he had a sadistic satisfaction in this as the bay doors under all of them opened and down they all went. Dropped like angry force powered bombs down towards the island.

While in the air Erebos simply turned his back towards the island and seemed to lie on the air with his hands on the back of his head. Though he was falling slower than them, not by much but it was noticeable as he seemed to slowly go higher and higher than them. Turning around and seeming to look at them he then pressed a button on his mask and all of them would suddenly have a comlink placed into their ears by the metal backpacks on their backs. "Figure this out or become a stain."

[member="Katherine de Redvers"] - [member="Tymon"] - [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] - [member="RoyaleChaos"]

[member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="Katherine de Redvers"] | [member="Tymon"] | [member="RoyaleChaos"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"]

It was not fright or fear that nearly made the Arue'tii vomit throughout the sky, but rather the sudden drop. Instantaneous weightlessness played foul tricks upon his innards, allowing for their contents to float about as if in the vacuum of space, unmolested by the activities of gravity. However, the truth was far from that feeling, gravity was forcing him ever nearer towards the rapidly approaching ground, though he found it difficult even to see with the intense wind slapping harshly into his face.

His hypothesis had proven true, though perhaps not in the exact circumstances that he had predicted. It had seemed clear by the presence of only one chair that there would be a drop, and that they would fall towards the ground. It even seemed remotely possible that they would be made to jump without the assistance of mechanical devices or tools. What had come as a shock was the sheer rapidness of the fall. There had been little warning, and even less instruction until after they had already descended at an expeditious speed.

The voice echoing around him was curious, and difficult to understand with the constant thunder of sound pounding through his head, though it seemed to indicate that all of the acolytes should observe and spectate the Lord. Spinning through the air, Abelain managed to catch only a glimpse of the Lord, apparently having fallen much faster than he. The key to success was simply to retain control, to eliminate panic from the scenario, and that became suddenly much easier as he was reminded of previous activities.

He had slowed his descent once before, whilst exploring an archive of lost information. At the time, they had been made to fall down a mechanical shaft in order to continue their search, and through application of the Force he had managed to slow to a speed that was acceptable for when he inevitably struck the floor. This was different, especially with how far he was above the sky, though it differed little in terms of principle. With a thought, and outstretched motion he began to gradually slow his descent, not in a terrific fashion initially, though it gained efficiency as he continued falling.

Time would tell whether it would be a survivable fall.

'Figure this out or become a stain...' The words echoed through Gorteko's head. These words are what brought him back to consciousness as the sudden drop caused him to pass out; he did so detest falling. Such a fall as this one was especially bad, as while unconscious his fall was highly uncontrollable and he didn't quite understand yet what was happening. 'Sky...? Falling!' The sith would think as he realized what was going on. He was experiencing panic, but only for a moment before he begin to assess his situation, he was no longer on the shuttle, he was falling through the sky at a fair speed, he did not have a parachute. Things did not look well.

The man began to slow his fall by turning around to face the ground and spreading his body out as much as possible. Looking down, he couldn't make out a whole lot, as the wind was causing his eyes to water; he could however, tell that there was trees, and that would help his decent. Turning his back to the ground Gorteko closed his eyes, starting a meditation of sorts. 'I can sense it... getting closer, fast. It's almost time. Now!' The sith gripped the weapons in his robes with the force, pulling them skyward without releasing them from their holsters. The upward pull was jarring, and didn't accomplish much, but it would slow him enough enough to keep him alive, or at least he hoped.

The actions taken felt as though they had no effect when he hit the first of the branches. Gorteko had been fortunate enough to position his fall between two close trees whose branches were intertwined. The heavy leaves did much to slow his fall, the branches however, those just hurt. As he fell, he bounced between the branches uncontrollably, hitting what felt like hundreds of them. Just before his back would make contact with the ground, Gorteko began to turn sideways, into a roll to reduce the impact.

Once the roll had ceased, and the man laid on this foreign soil on his back; he new that it would be some time before he could fully recover. Lifting his head he winced, already feeling the swelling in what seemed like his entire body, the pain was incredible, but bearable. There was a slight problem though, somewhere during his fall, he had been impaled. Part of a branch was stilling out of his left thigh. It hadn't gone all the way though, just about 3 inches in, enough to make him bleed. Adrenalin kicked back in, allowing him to move with minor pain, and the sith began to treat his wound. He sat up then tore one the sleeves off of his robes and then yanked the stick our of his leg. Using the sleeve he wrapped his leg, trying it to where the knot was over the penetrated area.

'I can't do much right now or I'll begin to bleed more. I should probably wait a while, see if anyone makes contact and try and rest up some a well.' Gorteko thought before he began to meditate once he laid back down onto his back. He would use this time to recover as much as he could. He started wondering what became of the others, if any had died yet, or were unlucky enough to land close to the sith lord who brought them to this forsaken place.

[member="Abelain Narv'uk"] [member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Katherine de Redvers"] [member="Tymon"] [member="RoyaleChaos"]

The floor gave out under Katherine and she began to fall but she was not afraid. She had faith. If she was to die from the fall, it must have meant it was time to join her beloved. Closing her eyes, she enjoyed the feeling of the wind against her out streched body. "Create a protection bubble," a voice in her head ordered her firmly. "It is not your time yet. Do it now."

Obeidently, Katherine floolwed the voice's instructions, she was enveloped in a protection bubble after muttering a few words. It did not slow her fall, however, it would lessen the impact of the fall once she it the ground. Using the protection bubble in conjunction with teleknesis, she safely descended onto the ground. Although Katherine was uninjured, she was tired from her use of the force to help her land safely. She must have used at least 75 per cent of her force reserve. Quickly, she looked around and to her pleasure, she did not see [member="Darth Erebos"] or any of the other Acolytes that fell with her.

Using what little was left of her force, she chanted the Spell of Interperation. "Elan, please have a little look around for me and tell me what you find honey," she ordered the small lizard before climbing up a tree. Trying to find a comfortable position, Katherine decided to take a nap to help her recover a bit as it seemed like this may be her only chance to do so.

[member="Gorteko Graye"] - [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] - [member="Tymon"] - [member="RoyaleChaos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom