Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Tis The Season (Festive Vignette Thread) - Open To All

b669aec4f84b925cd741f2ad9da26e473496ff8c.jpg

This Life-Day Feels Like The Very First Life-Day To Me

IGqn8QU.png

Looking up into the dark cloudy sky Cyran watched as large flakes of snow drifted down from the rather dazzling sight of the light pollution above him in the city. His eyes tracking a snowflake as he tried to catch on his tongue. Missing the tiny frozen crystal as it landed in his steamy cup of hot chocolate. Instantly being absorbed into the brown beverage. Having removed the plastic lid the cup came with so that it could cool down quicker so he could drink it and not burn himself.

Cyran was waiting outside for his “Mum” who was doing some shopping for Life-Day dinner. This would be the first year he’d be celebrating Life-Day with his new adoptive family. In the process of rediscovering the holiday spirit some. After taking another sip from his drink he heard a noise coming up from behind and someone yelling, but before he could see what it was he was bumped into. The rough nudge caused him to drop his hot chocolate as it spilled out onto the ground. Causing this was a small group of older human boys. Likely visiting for the holidays with their families as tourists. They didn’t bother to apologize to Cyran. He quickly saw why they seemed to be in such a hurry, from behind a man yelling. Calling them a bunch of thieves, perhaps they were shoplifters?

The worker didn’t pursue the rascals, and Cyran was left picking the now empty cup off the ground. Only a moment later did his Mum exit the store with a bag in hand. Seeing Cyran with the empty cup and speaking. “Oh you’re done already? Must’ve been pretty good then, I should have gotten a cup too then.” She gave a warm smile as she took the empty cup from his son. Cyran just nodded, not wanting to admit that he didn't finish the cup or fully appreciate it. Throwing the cup in a trash can she took his hand and walked with him to the next destination, a bakery close by. “Alright, I just need one more thing and we’ll head back home okay.” His Mum said, looking down at Cyran to see that he wasn’t paying attention to her, instead looking over at a guitarist playing on the street under an umbrella to avoid the snow. Cyran’s Mum gave his hand a little squeeze to get his attention before asking if he wanted to wait outside again and watch the guitarist. Cyran energetically nodded, smirking, his Mum added. “Okay, well I’ll only be a little alright, 5 mins at the most.” With that she stepped inside the bakery to get what she needed.

Left there Cyran watched the guitarist work their musical acoustic magic. Strumming an imperfect but very pleasant tune to be heard to all on the street. Although they didn’t have a crowd, and nobody paid them any mind Cyran could feel the impact of their music. Telepathically picking up on the more pleasant mood and emotions on those that walked by and were around. Although nobody really seemed to care for the musician, at least outwardly, their hearts couldn’t lie. Cyran along with the other zeltrons around were in an unspoken harmony of good vibes and joy. It brought a slight smile to Cyran’s face, something he hadn’t really done since what the adults were calling “the netherworld rapture.”

Suddenly however Cyran heard a bit of a commotion and an anguished cry. Looking over he saw what looked to be the group of human boys. Who was around the little zeltron girl, bullying her. Still a bit upset for them, making him waste his hot chocolate. Clenching his little pink fists Cyran marched over to the boys and tapped against the biggest one who was tormenting the girl. The boys seemingly take something from her and keep it from it and toss it between each other like a mean game of monkey in the middle. After getting the bullies attention they turned to Cyran and looked down at him. “What do you want, blueberries?” They said, the nickname being a jab for the blue puffy jacket Cyran as wearing. Cyran looked over and saw it was a toy doll they were keeping away from the girl. Catching what Cyran was looking at, the boy spoke again. “What are you, her little boyfriend coming to the rescue, get lost!” They shoved Cyran back some with one arm, forcing him back a few feet. Before trying to bring their attention back to bullying the girl.

Now a lot more angry, Cyran stepped in and got their attention again while reaching up to grab the doll with no success but still annoying the boys. “I told you to get lost!” With both hands he gave Cyran a forceful shove, knocking him over on his back. However, with a little sleight of hand Cyran managed to yoink the doll from their grip as he tumbled. Fortunately cushioned by his puffy jacket. Before the bullies seized on Cyran’s prone vulnerability. One of the boys grabbed the big one that had pushed Cyran. Telling them they should get out of her. Drawing attention to some of the adults who’d begun to notice the fighting kids and their negative emotions. Not wanting them to step in, the boys instead all decided to leave, quickly exiting the scene. On his back Cyran struggled to get himself up some, until he noticed the girl who they were tormenting step over to him and offered a helping hand. Accepting she helped him up.

“Humans can be so rude and mean sometimes, and they took my doll too. Well it was for my sister actually.” The zeltron girl said, wearing a fluffy pink coat and hat, a lighter shade than her skin. She didn’t realize that Cyran managed to swipe it back for her, and presented the toy in his hand. Gasping, she took it from him and gave him a bright smile. “For going against such big and older kids that was pretty foolish you know.” She stated, causing Cyran to shrug and blush a little. “But also pretty brave too.” The girl said before leaning in and giving Cyran a quick kiss on the cheek. “I gotta go... take care Hero…” With a little wave the girl made her exit too, leaving a blushing Cyran standing there in and feeling all warm and fuzzy in the cold snow. The worry, anxiety and other negative emotions now being quickly cleared away. A few moments later Cyran heard his Mum call out to him. Perking up he rushed over to her, looking down at Cyran she narrowed her eyes and leaned down.

“What happened to your nice jacket, it’s all dirty on the back.” Not knowing that he’d be knocked over onto the ground. She tried to clear off the dirt with a few pats. “Making snow angels I'd bet…” His Mum concluded. Taking his hand she began to walk with Cyran back home, she was likely picking up the rather bubbly emotions he was feeling. Along the way back home she asked. “Hey sweetie, I know it’s getting really close to Life-Day but you haven’t really told me anything you wanted as a gift. I know you’re probably trying not to seem like a hassle, but I would really like to get you something nice for our first Life-Day together…” She asked, not wanting him to feel left out if he doesn’t get much come the holiday. Thinking for a moment as he walked with his Mum he looked up to her and finally spoke.

“Um… I think a Guitar would be really cool.” Cyran softly spoke.

OOC Information

Da Rules:

With only one post (Per-character, write more if you have other stories for different characters) tell a tale of your character (or even an NPC) during the holiday season. Be it in the present or past as a short "slice of life" type of story.

Show off your holiday spirit with a festive one shot narrative
snowman-clipart.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom