Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Timeless

0000_Set_BarINT_131122_BAr-Center_v001-001_JCcopy.jpg

Outer Rim
A cacophony of sounds and smells would greet any who entered the dimly lit establishment, a thin layer of smoke lingering about, casting the already dank space into a hazy mess. Of course that wouldn't stop then continues ebb and flow of bodies moving about the cantina, many would enter, order a drink and move to the back with the group they accompanied. Others would do the opposite and stay at the bar, some with head in hands drinking to pass the time or forget a past lover, but the majority were at the bar starting conversation laughing and enjoying the time they had. As the hours passed a decently calm aura settled over the bar, the sounds of small talk and laughter not as loud as it once once.

Burning irises followed the mahogany colored liquid as it began to fill the very underwhelming glass once more, the number forgotten long ago after his first half dozen. Elbows on the bar he sighed, the glass meeting his lips for a few seconds, only to to be set back down empty. The burning sensation went away eventually, but it lingered less now than the first or second time.

"Another."

His gaze remained on his outstretched hand, ignoring the bartenders approach, waiting only to focus on the well known sound of the bottle being uncorked and the familiar twitch in the shift of weight into the glass as the liquor settled. He could feel the eyes of the bartender on him and the drawn out silence as he waited, the man unsure whether or not to keep filling the seemingly always empty glass in his hand. Grunting, he pulled another set of credits from his pocket and pushing it on the bars top to the edge.

"Hey bud you should probably slow down... before you finish the-" Clenching his jaw, another half dozen credits were dropped next to the first, clinking together and effectively silencing the bartender. The next sound was much more satisfactory, as the bartender took his pay and left the about half empty bottle on the counter in-front of him.

A small smile stretched across the mans features, looking more like a grimace than anything as his hand wrapped around the neck of the bottle, taking it with him to an empty booth in the aft of the building. Sinking into the surprisingly soft cushion he sighed, pulling the cowl of his hood off his head, a mess of brown and gray spilling forth. Multicolored lights cast unnatural shadows across his face as the holoprojecter changed ads, zoning out on the words displayed. Women, speeders, drinks, friends.

"Theres no such thing." His lips curled in distaste at the last word, taking a swig from his bottle, grunting softly as that stung a bit more on the way down than the rest. Slumping into his seat a bit more, he rested his head against the back, looking up at the ceiling. Thoughts and memories of said friends blurred within his mind, unsure if it was the alcohol or just the passed years making it hard to discern. Some faces stood out more than others as his eyes slowly closed, trying to reel them in. Flashes of pink, red and green as fleeting as the air in his lungs. A long forgotten scent washed over him, filling him with a familiar calmness as green eyes peered at him out of the cloud of ivory. Fading in and out of his dream space a younger and white haired man stared back at him, burning iris shining just as bright as his did so long ago.

A different burning sensation coursed through him as he knew who this was, his eyes opening. It'd been... too long to say the least since he'd last seen any of his past friends. His lips formed a few names, only one being actually whispered.

"Dax."

Taking another deep swig of his drink he grimaced again, his better judgement telling him not to. Deep down however he knew it was time to return, he couldn't do this much longer on his own and amends had to be made. Swearing, he pulled out his transmitter, having his old friends frequency memorized. A simple code would be sent, the mere appearance being surprising no doubt. The contents even more so.

Dax Perl Dax Perl

Last edited:
The Reaper of Won Shasot

[ D A X...P E R L ]

............Dax's breath heaved as he fended off blow after blow of deadly steel, the malicious metal screeching, emitting searing sparks as it collided with Dax's saber. His three combatants had been relentless in their efforts to land even a single blow against the Rogue, and so far their efforts had been all for naught. But, they had certainly wore the Forcer down, and if he didn't manage to end this fight soon, he was certain they'd have their victory.

............The next attack came, an overhead strike. Day stepped forward, towards his assailant, raising his saber into the air to block the assault. The blade clashed, and with his free hand, Dax grabbed the other man's arm at the wrist and twisted it backwards. Dax swept the man's legs out from beneath him, sending him horizontal and into a painful fall. The other two men attempted to come to their compatriot's aid. Dax released the other man's wrist and parried the other men's attacks, letting their momentum and unchecked strength off balance them enough for him to deliver a powerful elbow to the first's chest, strong enough to know the wind from him and leave him clutching his chest on the ground. The other had yet to find his feet, which left only one more combatant. Staring the man down, the Rogue flourished his saber and waited for his next move.

............Bzz. Bzz.

............The buzzing at Dax's wrist had him deactivate his saber and raise his hand, calling an end to the sparring match. The man checked his wrist mounted projector, and a look of surprise flashed across his face before he moved to help pull one of them men to their feet. "That'll be all for today," he says, before gesturing for them to leave him to his privacy.

............Still panting, Dax reviewed the contents of the message. Another flash of surprise, this time accompanied with a small alarm. "Brill," Dax said, opening a line to his first mate. "Get the Sparrow prepped for take off. I've got an appointment with an old friend."

---

............Dax's eyes swept slowly through the cantina as he entered. Even without spotting his friend, he knew he was here. That dark, tainted presence, it was unmistakable. It was only a moment later that Dax's eyes fell upon the silhouette of a man sitting at the bar. He made his way through the cramped, raucous patrons and sat himself silently beside the figure. "Corellian whiskey," he ordered. The sound of amber liquid being poured into a glass was heard by both men before it was slid over, and Dax picked it up and took a sip. "Man, you look like chit,"

Nate Phantoms Nate Phantoms

The steady stream of drinks had dulled his senses but he would recognize his long time friends aura on his death bed. With a scoff he turned barely, just enough to give a curious side eye. "Think so? I had no clue, figured I was still irresistible." Running his hand over his chin he gave a tight smile, kissing his teeth before resting his elbows on the counter.

It wasn't often he was lost for words, even mildly drunk he always had something to say, something on his mind. That wasn't the case this time. Frowning he sighed, looking back down at the mostly empty bottle before him. Things had always clicked between the duo, it didn't matter what it was, where, who or sure as hell not when. That's why now was so frustrating. Dax had been at his side through thick and thin, a slightly brighter light coming from the man in compared to his own. Death had came for both of them a many times, yet they always seemed to stand in the way of it for a brother.

It was supposed to be an undying bond. In his mind it always would be, but he couldn't help but feel as if he had let him down.

"I uh," Running his tongue over his teeth he turned now towards Dax, the normally bright infernos dying down to embers. "Don't really know what to say man. I've lost all track of everyone, I didn't even know if you would have time to answer."

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot

[ D A X...P E R L ]

............"Irresistable to a gammorean, maybe," Dax replied, setting his glass down on the counter top with a quiet clink. The cantina's crowded chatter and laughter was cut through by the silence between the two men. Such strange silence. Dax could hardly remember a time of such quiet between them. At least, not a quiet without purpose. Even then, words flowed between them without the need for sound.

But this? This was different. Unsettling.

Thankfully, it did not last long. "I always got time for you, man." Dax replied reassuringly as he pulled a pack of cigarettes from the inside of his jacket. He put one between his lips before offering the crumpled packet to Nate. Whether he took one of not was his perogative.

"So, where'd you go this time?" Dax asked, at least accustomed to the mysterious disappearances that had become a trademark of the trio, all. Some things, it appeared, would never change.

Thankful for the distraction, albeit rather nasty in his opinion, he took the offered cigarette. Scoffing at the question, he kissed his teeth once more while methodically rolling the cigarette between he fingers.

"I've been.... around you could say." That much had been true, mostly. "It's not hard to just blend into outer rim society, I tried to stay outta trouble as best I could." With a sigh he placed the cigarette between his lips, willing a small white hot flame into existence on his outstretched index finger. Watching the flames eat away at the paper and dried brown plant, he continued slightly muffled.

"You know me, I managed to run a few jobs, the usual bullchite would follow, but I'm still a lil messed up from all that-" Waving his hand dismissively before returning the cigarette to his fingers, he exhaled slowly, the smoke billowing on the countertop. "My ability to keep my emotions in check is absolute dog water. Hence the functioning alcoholism."

There was a bit more to the story but, he had summed it up rather well. Guilt nagged at him constantly, the only respite being work or at the bar. Deep deep down he knew what it was though. He missed his family, his friends. All the time he had been gone, all the important events he should have been at. It wasn't something he was proud of.

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot

[ D A X...P E R L ]

............Wandering and 'staying out of trouble'. Yeah, that sounded like Nate alright. Dax listened carefully, alternating between sips of burning alcohol and puffs of smoke. It seemed to Dax that more than just work was bothering Nate though. Just what, he wasn't sure, and he wasn't certain if he should press the matter either, or just let Nate explain in his own time.

............"Well, I can't really give you any advice on your emotions," Dax said, tapping the cigarette ash into a bowl as he recalled the bygone days of their reign over Won Shasot and how that had ended, "but you never if you ever need something, I've got your back." Another sip of whiskey. "I'm not much of a therapist though," he added, clapping his hand on the other man's shoulder and gently shaking him, trying to at least get a smile from his friend. Maybe even a twitch from the corner of his lips.

............Dax leaned in towards the counter and rest his elbows on the worn surface, head turned towards Nate. "What's eating at ya?" he asked, more serious.

Scoffing, he crushed the remaining half of the lit cig in his palm. Slowly he let the ashes spill into the tray between them, preferring the burning aftertaste of his drinks in compared to his lungs. Scoffing, he raised an brow at his younger friend. Therapist or not, merely having someone to listen had eased a slight weight on his shoulders.

It was more than just guilt naming away at his conscious though. Reaching for a glass he too poured himself anther drink. This one however was only to sip on. Running a hand through his hair he let his gaze roam the bar around them, taking note of the many faces and sounds around. Closing his eyes, he waited as he opened up to his surroundings. Feeling everything around him flow and ebb with the Force.

Sighing softly he tapped his knuckles on the countertop, his eyes open once more. That had been enough soul searching. "You remember your time on the Purgatory Dax?"

Dax Perl Dax Perl

Last edited:
The Reaper of Won Shasot

[ D A X...P E R L ]

............At the mention of that damned ship, Dax's jaw stiffened. The Rogue brought his cigarette to his lips and took a long pull before extinguishing it in the ash tray and grabbing another from his coat, lighting it with a snap of his fingers. Another draw, followed by a haze of smoke and the acrid stench of tobacco.

............"Yeah...How could I forget?" The Rogue replied, recalling the horrors they, and so many others, had undergone there. The cramped cages that shocked them for shifting too close to their bars, the torture and experimentation, the gladitorial fights. He, at least, had benefitted from a mysterious benefactor. A sultry red-haired woman whose name he'd wished he could forget. Had he known what she'd planned for him then, he would have never accepted her patronage.

............But, it was also there that he'd met Nate. It was with him that he'd managed to escape the horrors of that place, along with a few others who'd since been lost to the sands of time. That ship...it was impossible to forget.

Nodding slightly he kissed his teeth, not meaning to bring such horror back to life, but saying just the name was enough. Reaching for his glass with a grimace, he zoned out for a brief moment as his gaze rested on his wrist. The thick, horizontal scars running up and down the length of his body one of the few testaments to his time aboard the ship.

Clearing his throat after taking a deep swig of his drink, he continued. "It's bad on me but, I don't remember how your time there played out in the end. I also don't know if you remember mine that well either." Swirling the liquid around in his glass he cursed softly, the topic still being fresh in his mind. And heart. "But uh.." His thoughts raced, not quite knowing how to say what he wanted to. Bluntly would be his best bet no doubts. It wasn't an easy process.

"I think I'm dying Dax."

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot

[ D A X...P E R L ]

............"Don't worry about it," Dax said at the mention of faded memories. The pair hadn't managed to meet towards the end of their tie of the cursed ship, and they'd resided in different cell blocks then. It made sense neither remembered too much. Not that they wanted to either.

............A pause. More background laughter and chatter that may as well have faded into silence. It was hardly noticeable anyways, as Dax lifted the glass to his lip, finished the glass and gestured for the bartender to pour another. As the tender began to walk away, Dax started to laugh, "Yeah, just like we were dead those other, what, nine times?" He was still chuckling as he brought the glass to his lips and sipped some more. But no laughter was heard in reply. Dax set the glass down. "Chit, you've being serious aren't you?" he asked without looking at the man.

Any other time he would have accepted the laughter, probably even laughed back. Now was not the case. Downing the rest of his glass he shook his head slowly. Wishing he was kidding. Pulling the bottom of his shirt up, he turned his back towards Dax, the many scars flashes of pink against the black of his tattoos. However there was one that stood out, for it was still crimson. The three inch long stab wound was puckered and barely scabbed over, not old enough to stay closed during movement.

"That procedure? It's not working like it should be. My wounds don't heal anymore." It wasn't the only one either. Tucking his shirt back in he winced, feeling the wound spilt open slightly. "Force healing rarely works too, I'll be lucky if they even scab over after weeks." Standing he pulled his cloak back on, lifting the cowl back over his head. Tossing a few credits to the tender he tipped his head towards the door, making sure to grab the neck of his bottle before departing.

"Walk with me. This place fethin' blows."

Dax Perl Dax Perl

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom