Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tightropes, beasts, and knives, Oh my!

Aboard the Alura Circus Ship

The walk to the hangar that had been transformed into a pit with seats and a ring. Many flowed in. Young and Old. Thugs and raking officials. Each one came with something in mind. To see feats of strength, grace, dexterity, and pure skill. I snuck in with a group. I wanted to see how these people worked, and maybe hitch a ride out of here. Might as well enjoy the show while I could. I moved to a seat. Letting myself be in the middle of the crowd. Sure, it may have not been the best place to be, but it kept me from getting chosen out of the people to come up front. I really did not want to do that.

Watching as the bright lights played along the walls and the floor. Browsing over the crowd. I could see kids and families laugh and play. Taking about work, how excited they are, What they wanted for their birthday. It killed me. I wanted to end it. When the lights started to dim. The playing flood lights moved even faster. Playing about letting everybody know that the show was about to start.

Oh god. What was going to happen now.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"],

James--wasn't too sure what to think right now. One minute he was on his way to finish the drop and celebrate the next he was doing a good will repair on a trashed freighter. Now--well, now he wasn't sure exactly what was going on. He had been asked to attend the circus performance but the drunk wasn't sure all too much as to why.

Swaggering along with a cigarette between his pursed lips he found a seat and took a gulp of ale. This was something he wasn't too sure whether he'd enjoy or wish he'd declined.

[member="Shawn Withers"]

A quiet murmur came from all around...A voice, it sang in an unknown tongues, a fantasizing timbre she had.

"Shaili'shia nahiaswa kawhar'say da." It rang, educated members in the audience would recognize this as the Yuuzhan Vong language. As she sang a quiet hissing could be heard, seeming to forte as the audience quieted and the lights began to dim. The hissing only grew and once the audience was hushed it was on the edge of ear-piercing yet seduction. Near the center of the room a faint candle light could be seen flickering, suddenly more and more until the lights almost devoured the center of the hangar. It was too dark to notice anything else, even see your neighbors.

As the light grew just bright enough one would notice where the hissing was coming from, quickly a large beam of light climbed up about 30 meters and revealed was a huge Arrak snake, its body coiling around what seemed to be people. The beam shined away from the snake, revealing a figure in a meditative position floating in the fire. As the beam focused on the figure it seemed to raise an instrument, a high yet soft sound coming from the figure.

As it played the hissing continued, it seemed to be changing directions and locations. A few gasps could be heard in the audience but they were quickly silenced by the sound of the hiss. The figure in the middle faded to black, the music continuing to play as another outline grew in the fog. Floating as well, like it was the same person yet so obviously not. The voice spoke in a common tongue, a thick accent laying over it. "Welcome one, Welcome all." She said, the candles blowing out as a fire ignited in the ceiling. The snake wrapped its body around the rafters, multiple audience members tangled in its coil. "To the Alura Traveling CIrcus!"

The people dropped as the snake uncoiled, many acrobats swinging from unknown locations to catch them, returning them to their seats in the stand. A quiet muttering from them was amazement along with adrenaline and fear.

"Prepare yourselves for heart-pounding thrill as death defying feats are performed in front of your very own eyes!"

As the fire in the roof faded away, the beam returned. Revealing Niyla Ar'i standing on the Arrak snake's head.

The sounds and the hissing was something akin to the bug like creatures back home. Well, my old home. The sounds of people squealing as they were lifted into the air, and even the gasps of loved ones who could see this serpent was quite a creature to behold. I wasn't picked up by it, however, I did feel the creature sliding under my portion of the room. Picking up a man behind me, and even a woman off to my right and a few rows down. It was... different. to say the least.

The sounds continued as the circus was announced, and a pink skinned, pink hair lady was visible. And I doubted this would be the end of the night of weird things happening. I knew there were other species of near humans. But I havne't met one that had a skin and hair like this. it was new, but as of now, I had to stay sitting and prevent myself from shooting the shit out of the serpent that was under the woman.

A roar of claps came as everyone returned to their seats and the woman was showing off her skills as a beast tamer. Sure it was great, but what else did she have? Part of me wanted to leave, but the rest wanted to stay. See this thing through.

And so I sat still, and watched with open eyes, and an open mind.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"], [member="James Justice"],

James was sent hurling through the air, only to be caught by one of the acrobats and tossed, spinning through the air. He was no stranger to spins in the air, since he had piloted many a wild maneuver that way. But this--this was different. As one of the acrobats from the trapese caught his ankle, James' flask of ale came slipping out of his coat pocket. He caught it before being tossed back in his seat.

His head spinning the near human caught his bearings again. The alcohol in his stomach threatened to make a second appearance on the dingy woman in front of him. He looked around, where had his cigarette gone? Sighing he fished a new one from his pocket and lit up. The tobacco soothed his stomach and his nerves. That was an experience, one that he doubted he would forget any time soon. Though there was no questioning the Zeltron chicka was right, they worked and practiced hard. What did she say her name was? Narly? Carly? He couldn't remember. If they talked again, he would have to just call her "Chicka" or--something. He would figure it out later.

Taking another swig of ale, the man turned his attention back to the Zeltron ring master.

[member="Shawn Withers"]
[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

After many performances and much applause it had come to the final act, throughout the show Niyla made sure to keep a close eye on the pilot and she had an idea to test his 'skills'. As this was her show she had no rule to apply to, and of course this act was her own.

"Thank you all, for such an amazing show! Now... for our last act of the night we will be calling two lucky members to the stage from the audience, let's see who they are! Please check under your seat, underneath the chair of the chosen ones will be a small white sheet." A man walked up to Niyla, where she stood atop a high platform. He handed her a bucket and she placed her hand inside, giving a wink to the crowd.

After a few moments of shuffling she pulled out two numbers, the numbers being the one under James Justices chair, the other being random. "Well, looks like I've got some winners." She smiled and rested her emerald eyes upon the pilot. "298-335-563, and 757-776-848. YOU TWO are the ones!" A spotlight shined over two seats, the bright lights hovering over [member="James Justice"] , and [member="Shawn Withers"] .

I watched the show with some interest. A show that gave the audience quite a show. Applause were in order from me from time to time. Feats of strength were formidable to watch. Acrobatics that proved to be rather death defying, and even some acts I found down right stupid, such as the sword swallowing to be not of my appetite. No wonder that man was in the circus if his mouth could fit a active vibroblade down his throat. he likely caught alot of attention with the men who loved to play tummyswords.

Regardless, When the show came to a close, I was about to stand up and leave when the announcer, the pink lady figure, said there would be a chance for people to win something. No clue to what this winning was. However, it colored me interested to see what it was at least. I sat back down as she called out the seats. I turned around looking for the second person when a bright light was shown down upon me. I covered my eyes for the initial reaction of a bright light in the eyes, when others around me ushered me up. I was almost literally forced out of my seat and into the isle where I walked almost in a haze to the center circle.

Where another man was coming to join me with the rather attractive lady. Suffice to say if she offered, I wouldn't find myself denying it completely. However, I just stood still trying to not stick out like a sore thumb. Only, now I really was worse. A sore thumb with a light brighter than most stars on me.

Oh just great.

James was not a dope--even when mildly intoxicated like he was at the moment, he could smell a set up from a mile away. And this, if nothing else, was a set up. He shook his head and sighed, taking a drink from his flask. This Zeltron lady needed to learn how to hide her secret motives, he thought. A kid behind him gave James a push and he came trundling down the isle and down the way. A few of the more excited patrons patted him along the way--James minded his wallet. Besides they would have to do more than reach in his wallet to find that.

Finally walking across the ground, his boots clomped across the earthy flooring through some of the other preformers. Again, he was careful to make sure none of the pickpocketed him. James was not a distrustful person, but he was no fool either. At last he reached [member="Niyla Ar'i"] where another female, one who was much younger and looked like she came from a few years in the wild--or a few lifetimes.

He leaned towards the Ringmaster and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Ye really need to learn to be more subtle, chicka. Ye will never last against port customs on any half-backwater planet."

[member="Shawn Withers"]

She growled at Justice, after their meeting the night before she had had it with him, however, he had a certain charm to him. Still, without the audience noticing she buried her fist into his gut just enough to not be considered 'violent' and more of a 'painful yet playful.

As her hand left his gut she smiled and whispered to him. "Don't worry it's all for entertainment."

She turned to the other girl and observed her, dirty, yet pretty. She seemed shy and strong at the same time. Niyla didn't have much time to gaze at her however she seemed capable.

The smuggling ringmaster then turned to her audience, raising her hands as a hot fire crawled up the wall behind them. "Sorry about this to those in the front..." She adorned a sardonic smile and motioned to the set guy. A large platform then fell from underneath them, she clicked the nulling clip on her belt and began to float as [member="James Justice"] and [member="Shawn Withers"] dunked into the wet pool below.

"So, I've just soaked members in my audience. You may be wondering, why? Well I'll tell you. These two fine citizens below me will be given five minutes to accomplish a task I've set out for them! You see, there is a dragon snake in the pool, don't worry it won't hurt them. Whoever may tame the creature first is the winner! If they can? They will win a special prize. GO!"

I looked over the man. Well built. Not lanky or overly huge in any way. However, what he lacked in strength, he made up for cunning and smarts. This made him dangerous if he were a foe. However, at the moment, he was not. More so we might be forced to work together. And likely it was. I noticed that the pink lady had punched the man in the stomach. it seemed to cause pain, but it almost looked friendly. I couldn't hear if she said anything, but she did lean forward on him. Almost as though she had a secret. She would have to do better than that to fool me. Living four years of running from literally everything makes you have situational awareness.

I tightened the strap of the string for my bow across my chest. It was a little loose when I had been sitting down. But very likely I would have to do something that required movement. Which meant I didn't want it to flop around on my back. Only then when the lady had said her apologizes to the front few rows, I could feel the floor fall out from in front of me. Almost instantly I reacted by making myself a torpedo and dropping down into the water. if it was a trap, better stay underwater for a second. And when nothing happened, I came up to see the crowd cheering and her voice ringing out again.

And she gave quite a tall order. Taming a Dragonsnake. Is she crazy!? Dragonsnakes don't eat people straight up. It karking drowns them! Their scales were strong enough to withstand vibroweapons and blaster fire. Hell, even lightsabers had a difficult time cutting them if the strikes were not powerful enough. I had no such weapons. Closest I had was a vibroblade. But, if it decided to wrap it's body around me, I would just have to let my knives do their work. I looked down in the water to see the snake down at the very body. Or atleast the outline of its body due to how deep the water was. Couldn't be too sure it was just lines. However, it began to move rather rapidly up towards the surface. I had to tame it. Oh may the Gods give me favors. Because there was no way in chaos that I would be doing this easily. Looking around, I formed a plan, and began moving.

I swam over to the edge of the tank. Sliding one of my knives into my mouth, I then pulled myself up to sit on the rim. If the creature tried to wrap itself around me, I could choose to fall out of the giant tub if need be. I sat there, and waited for it. If it came towards me, great. If not, I wouldn't care. A prize of any size, would not be worth my life. I don't know how in the galaxy she had pacified this thing to not kill us, but if we really had to tame it, then it had some level of freedom, and lethalility.

I was not liking this at all anymore. No, I hate circuses now.

James had to lay off the hard stuff--or someone had spiked his Urqua. He could have sworn the Zeltron chick punched his stomach. Then he could have sworn that the ground gave way and he was now treading water in a massive tank of water. The spacer slapped himself, "Oi, ow."

Ok, it was no dream. He plucked the cigarette from his lips, wet ruined. Ugh, and the ones in his pocket were ruined too. He shot the ringmaster a dirty look, shaking the ruined pack at her, "These were the good stuff, quality I tell ye! Naboo crop!"

He sighed and began swimming along slowly to the center. He was a weak swimmer, so doing this was not in his strong point. The spacer drew is DeathHammer, grateful he had thought to waterproof it some time ago. Setting it to stun he sighed. A monster like this was one that was pretty strong. He didn't know much about this--thing but he could draw inferences. And he had fought his fair share of monsters in his day. He was sure he could take a measly dragon snake. That was when it struck.

Wrapping its body around his legs before the smuggler could react, it pulled him down, down, down towards the bottom. Feth, James thought as he noticed the trail of ale streaming from his pocket, I should have left the good stuff on the ship and brought the cheep stuff with me. At last he felt his feet hit the bottom. That would work for him. Time for some magic.

He looked around, trying to find the monster's head. It looked him in the eyes, its ugly, bulbous face in front of his. James rammed his blaster into its mouth and began squeezing the stun shots into its tongue, throat, and the roof of its mouth. The water shook as it gave rumble of displeasure and agony. He really hoped this would work, otherwise they could all be very well dead. The monster released its grip on him and James could feel himself surfacing rapidly. He gasped for air and began swimming towards the edge. Where was that beast? Did it stun? Was it coming for him? He didn't know. He didn't care. He wanted out of there. And he wanted out now.

[member="Shawn Withers"]
[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom