Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Tiger Tank Model 205 "Royal Tiger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperial_Guard_Shadowsword.jpg

Image Source: Warhammer Google Images

Intent: A New Main Battle Tank for the Republic

Development Thread: I can make one if you wish

Manufacturer: Republic

Model: Panzerkampfwagen Model 205

Affiliation: Republic

Modularity: Yes, limited to : Camoflage Netting, Binocular Telescopes , Spall Liners, Enhanced Suspension Systems, Shell Rammers (large caliber only) , Enhanced Gun Laying drives, Vertical Stabilizers,

Production: Limited

Material: Durasteel, Duraplast

Role: Main Battle Tank

Height: 4.2 Meters

Length: 8.7 Meters

Width: 4 Meters

Weight: 255 Tonnes

Minimum Crew: 3

Optimal Crew: 5

Propulsion: Tracked

Top Speed: 25 KM/H

Armaments: 1X 205 MM KwK 60 L/65 (Main Gun)
2x 75 MM KwK L/43 (Defensive Guns, Loaded with HE)

Squadron Count: 2

Passenger Capacity: 1-2 Though it would be cramped

Cargo Capacity: 60 Main Gun Shells, 50 Secondary Gun Shells, Spare Tracks (Limited to 1 M, Mounted on hull) Overall, Low

Misc. Equipment: Nothing Springs to mind

Description: The Principal thought behind the Tiger 205 "Royal Tiger" was as an immense breakthrough tank, meant to bullheadily push through even the heaviest of AT Fire while sustaining minimal to no damage in the process. Lending itself well to this is the fact that the front of the armor alone is 400 MM Thick Duraplast/Steel Reactive Plating, the Sides 250 and the rear 100, making it obvious how it was meant to engage. Hampered by a limited top speed and traverse speed, and limited gun depression, it does not lend itself well to any form of rush or reactionary counter attack. The Royal Tiger requires quite specific settings to deploy. It cannot track through mud or soft terrain, and it poses quite a risk to any bridge it attempts to cross. It requires specialized landers to deliver it into battle, and redeploy it later. In addition to this the suspension itself may be counted as overloaded, and can barely handle the weight of the tank, making it quite prone to damage and breakdown in such a manner. Another shortcoming is the comparatively limited amount of ammunition it can carry, requiring quite a dedicated supply investment to keep it fighting. The Royal tiger is best deployed as the backing to large invasion force, and is entirely unsuited to independant roles. However, these shotcomings are easily overlooked do to the survivability, the blistering firepower and the sheer intimidation of the vehicle.

Primary Source: None

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Marius Severus"]

Hey, I will be helping you with this. It needs a few things but nothing big.

first let's find you a pic. Look here Find something you like and we can get a pretty pic attached. Or not it is optional but hey Pics make it pretty.

OK now for the important stuff

Marius Severus said:
Manufacturer: Republic/Legionary Forgeworks/Marius Severus (In Order from Largest to Smallest involved in the process)
OK if you list a company it will need to be linked. I would list "The Republic" as the main manufacturer since its limited and I assume limited to the Republic. The if you want to list your company secondly that's cool just link the approved company page.

The original real world Maus VIII was a mess, had so many issues it was nearly unusable. It was a gremlin magnet like all the tigers. But I think it is cool you are using it. They knew how to build tanks for sure. That being said maybe you want to change it up a bit so it is not exactly like the real world version. Im not saying you have to but this is star wars. Just an idea. anyway change the Manufacturer to just The Republic as the primary and link your company as the secondary. The rest is good if you want to keep it the same.

ADM. Reshmar

It is good like it is. Just wanting to let you know you had options. did you find a pic? It is easier to find one now than to have to put in a mod request. IF you want to go forward without a pic that's fine just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom