Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunder in our Hearts [Training]

Tallula002_zpsbf50af40.png

Nightsisters were creatures of flesh and blood just as their polar opposites, the good Witches. Though they often claimed to be superior from their darkside sisters, the Nightsisters new better. They were free. They had no law restricting them from feeling, from killing, from being able to be themselves without any repercussions Such were the thoughts of Nightsister Tallula. She was born a Nightsister and raised as one. And while they accepted many fallen Witches, she had a method to her training. One that would prove them worthy of her time or she would end their lives. Much of such thoughts had to do with her own training.

There was no attempts, no try. Her own mother, her Ma'dri, was a Nightsister by birth as well. And of all her children, only few were allowed to live freely or to leave at all. Tallula had met ten of her siblings, both female and male but she had heard of more. There was two of them that lived to see today. And mother's methods remained with Tallula.

Pacing back and forth over the clearing, the Witch waited. A form of meditation though Tallula would never call it so. That was for the goody good Witches, meditation and deep thoughts. She just paced back and forth, waiting.

@[member="Bronwyn"] Tyr

Bronwyn Tyr

@}-',--BeautifulDisaster--,'-{@
One of her only remaining friends directed Bronwyn towards a Nightsister named Tallula. Apparently, there were others out there beyond her clan's village who did know what is was like to feel power, to feel the restraints of Allya slip off and allow themselves to become completely free. A little cautious and a little nervous, yet at the same time feeling confident in her new found powers, Bronwyn walked up to the Nightsister in the clearing. Not willing to say anything as of yet, she simply readied herself for any hint of betrayal. Her hazel eyes watched the more experienced witch pace back and forth, seemingly unaware of her presence as of yet, even though she somehow thought was untrue. She could feel the dark power she had been craving like waves of enlightenment and freedom flowing from the pacing Nightsister.
"I have come to start my training ... " Bronwyn finally spoke, not knowing for sure what the witches name was. Also, before she said too much, she wanted to be sure she had the right witch.

The Nightsister heard a presence approach her. She stopped pacing only once the female spoke up. Tallula stopped and looked at the girl, Bronwyn was her name if she recalled. She was hear to start her training. "Of course you are," the Witch spoke to her in Paecean, her thick Nightsister dialect somewhat differing from that of the Allyan Witches. Still, it was not that hard for understand if one focused.

"Am I to assume you were tested by your people?" She asked though it was a rhetorical one. Before she received an answer, Tallula moved away from Bronwyn where a small bag lay, hidden from view. Going through it, the Witch pulled out several different scrolls, checking them quickly before scrolling them back and looking for something else. Finally she settled on one of them and returned the rest of the collection she brought with her and handed it to Bronwyn. "Telekinesis spell. Show me what you can do."

The spell would simply read: Dai poteri delle streghe prima di me, mi viene il potere sugli oggetti, mi il potere di muoversi come vedo in forma! And Tallula would offer no other explanations. Any Witch that managed to live this long would by her way of life be expected to have a certain grasp. Of course, that was based on her own mother would probably who have killed her if she hadn't had learned some things and more at the girl's age.

(Dai poteri delle streghe prima di me, mi viene il potere sugli oggetti, mi il potere di muoversi come vedo in forma! - By the powers of the Witches before me, will me the power over objects, will me the power to move them as I see fit!")
OOC: Explanation forthcoming in PM :)

Bronwyn Tyr

Bronwyn simply smiled sweetly with an air of confidence as she delicately accepted the scroll. She had already been schooled in the art of telekinesis, so her confidence was already soaring. As she unrolled the scroll, she began to read the words outloud. The dialect differed from what she had been used to, but it made no difference. She understood the words well. As the last word escaped through her thin lips, a cool breeze chilled th air around them. Bronwyn tried to smooth the goose pimples on her arms as she readied herself.

Closing her hazel eyes as she began to feel the very nature around her, she locked onto Tallula's bag of scrolls. She opened her eyes, as her pupils were now a violet tint, and outstretched her thin arm. The bag began to levitate and Bronwyn called it to her. The bag immediately began to obey.

The Nighsister said nothing as the other Witch took the scrolll and began to chant. If the fallen Witch needed help, it was not in Tallula's nature to give help. Just as she was not given any. Soon, she'd find that help was not necessary at all as Bronwyn began to use to spell, on her own bag of all things. Tallula said nothing of it, the spell was what was important now.

"Now put it down. Gently." She commanded after a few moments. There was no praise in her voice, no complimenting on what the woman had done. Tallula didn't know such things or their meaning. Bronwyn would only ever know if she failed so perhaps that was where the compliments lay, in the lack of disapproval. "What else have your Witches taught you?" She asked then, moving on.

@[member="Bronwyn"]

Bronwyn Tyr

The bag of scrolls fell silently at Tallula's dusty feet. Bronwyn smirked. Her defiance was already showing. Taking control of the bag of scrolls was a message. A daring message at the very least. But that was Bronwyn, always pushing the boundries. "I've been taught a few more tricks." She gave a sweet smirk. On her right hand she held up her first two fingers as a flame danced in between them. She pointed her fingers at her left palm and released the arrow of fire. Her hand immediately blackened as she winced at the pain the burn was causing. Then she closed her eyes and began to sing in the Dathomirian language, a sweet, soothing song. She then placed her right hand, the same hand that had burned her, over the blackened mark on her palm. A bright white light shone from in between her palms for a few seconds. Bronwyn opened her eyes as the violet tint faded back to hazel. She removed her right hand to show a now mended left palm. Bronwyn looked to Tallula and instead of awaiting praise, just hoped that the witch wouldn't disapprove.

@[member="Satara Hawk"]

Tallula glanced down on the bag that had fallen at her side then rose her gaze at the young Nightsister. Her Ma'dri would say this was strike one. And she had only two a day before she was punished. The Nightsister remained perfectly quiet though, watched what Bronwyn could do next, making mere mental remarks of the things the girl could do. Arrows of Fire, Healing. In the end she just nodded.

"Is that all?" Tallula finally said and smirked, waiting to hear more. "And which of these did you cover in your initiate test?" She was curious to hear which spell she was tested on in what the Allyan Witches called as Trial by Fire. Tallula knew bits of the test the lightside Witches did. Theirs was a true test, a Test of Fury. One which determined whether a young Witch could even survive the beginnings of their training. She knew the lightside sisters were far easier on their students.

@[member="Bronwyn"]

Bronwyn Tyr

Bronwyn scoffed, Is that all? IS THAT ALL? "No, I've learned a few more!" She declared in protest. "I'll have you know I can perform good warding spell, and have learned three focus spell so I can perform greater magic like calling upon the mist or a spell of deception I've used numerous times to avoid detection." She lashed out suddenly before realizing that this woman would consider these things juvenal. She looked to the ground suddenly and became very interested in a rock at her toe before realizing she had been asked another question. "The arrows of fire and song of healing were the spells asked of me to perform. "But ... but that is all I know ... which is why I am here with you now, to learn more and become more powerful."

@[member="Satara Hawk"]

Tallula smirked at the woman's reaction, the sound of her voice and even at the body language she radiated with. She was getting to the girl with her words. Good. Cold and calculating was good but it was something they could earn, not something they should have been born with. Emotions mattered. Emotions that the Witches kept denying all because Allya told them to centuries ago. This was much better, much more empowering.

She quietly listened to Bronwyn as she kept listing what else she could do, all the while keeping the smirk on her face. In the end she nodded. The former Witch was here to learn more and become more powerful. That was what they were all here for. To become more powerful than what the Allyan Law would allow them. "Indeed you are. So name what you'd want to learn and I shall teach you that. Let us see how much you know of Nightsister magicks."

@[member="Bronwyn"]

Bronwyn Tyr

@[member="Satara Hawk"]

Bronwyn stared at the floor sheepishly, knowing she didn't know much of Nightsister magic. To admit she did would be folly, no, she must come clean with this one. "I know little of your ways or how you control your magic with such power and ... " She seemed to be at a loss for words. "I have heard some nightsisters can call forth lightning from their hands ... " She let it longer there, knowing that that power was in turn more than likely an advanced spell. "What are some examples of traditional nightsister magic ?"

She narrowed her eyes and nodded slowly. "That is one of our powers. But it is not just ours." Tabulla told her carefully, without revealing too much. She didn't know for sure, that was not yet a spell she was awarded with by her mother. But she had heard that not just Witches used it. "However, you are not yet ready for that. Elders and occasionally Spellweavers are able to learn it. Not Initiates."
The question though, it was a good one. Even though there was no right answer. "There are no traditional Nightsister spells, just as there are no traditional spells. They are all the same for both. However, the difference is what one would use and others wouldn't. Spells themselves are neutral, people and choices are not." That was the truth of it. What Tabulla didn't know was that she wasn't too far from what the Force was as well. She didn't know that much about the Force to teach the girl that but the basic principle worked.

Moving back to her bag, Tabulla went quiet for a bit as she searched for something. Finally, picking up the one she wanted, she walked back to the girl and handed it to her. "Crushing spell, stage one. This is certainly one of those we'll decide on using far more often than the Allyan Witches." She explained just that and waited for Bronwyn to pick up the spell, to read that it read: Potere della forza, la forza de l'aria ... Esigo il potere di schiacciare quei miei occhi hanno riposato su. Il loro tempo di essere deboli è finita e il nulla è quello che avrebbero sempre dovuto essere.

"With this one, you will only be able to to crush small items such as rocks. This time, chant out loud. I want to hear you pronounce the words loud and clear." With that Tabulla went quiet, letting the girl take on this new task.

@[member="Bronwyn"]

(Translation: Power of force, strength of the air... I demand the power to crush those my eyes have rested on. Their time of being weak is over and nothing they should always have been." ~ Spell by Petra)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom