Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship "Throwback" SSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Intent: To craft a limited series of prototype starships for Syd and Starlin
kotor_sith_fighter_by_uncannyknack_d5yieg0-fullview.jpg
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 007 meters
  • Width: 4 meters
  • Height: 3 meters
  • Armament:
Heavily Modified Laser Cannons modded for 007 times the Range, Accuracy, Fire Rate, and Damage

Rating: Extreme
  • Defenses:
Durasteel Hull (Reinforced)

Deflector Shields (Basic)

Rating: Low
Squadron Count: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average | 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES

Heavily Modified Targeting Computer

Heavily modified Laser cannons, modified for 007 times the range, damage, fire rate, and accuracy.

Extreme Maneuverability

High Speed Engines

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

Alchemized sensors in the seat enhances Starlin's ability to sense the shots fired from enemy starfighters, enhancing his ability to predict and evade them

Capable of self repair due to nanomachines

Healing Field Generator

Heavily Modified scanners that detect threats at 007 times the average starfighter range

STRENGTHS

High Damage: Its Laser Cannons have 007 times the Range, Accuracy, Damage, and Fire Rate.

MEDIC!: A Healing Field Generator that is constantly in effect rapidly administers medical aid in case of damage.

No Mechanics necessary: Experimental Nanomachines can restore the ship to minimal operations including Hyperdrive over the course of three hours. The Nanites are stored in a chamber directly under the seat, drawing from a resource of 007 very compacted carbon cubes, which they repurpose into materials to repair the ship as necessary. They only kick in after the fighter has suffered 75% damage and only if the power plant and engines are still functional. But any damage suffered over 75 percent will always repair in three hours, even if its only one or two percent over the threshold. This is due to to the need for the nanites to ensure structural and basic electronic integrity. The craft will always operate at twenty five percent of its capability across the board after but will ensure basic life support and piloting controls are restored within minutes of kicking in. But it needs a hangar to repair fully. This system can only restore it back to 25% capacity after near catastrophic damage a total of 007 times before its carbon resource is exhausted.

I can see you: The ship comes with two different sets of sensors. One set is alchemized, transmitting directly to the pilots brain, enabling the pilot to better sense incoming Laser Attacks. The other are high quality sensors modified for 007 times the range

Gone in a Flash: Its Hyper Drive is a 1.0 and its engines are incredibly fast, and its also has terrific manueverability.

WEAKNESSES

Defense: It has only the defense rating of an old school Tie Fighter

Ion: Two Ion shots put it out of commission for a minute

Force Voids: Force Voids disable its enhancing effects.

DESCRIPTION

The Throwback SSF is a set of four custom designed starfighters based off those used in Darth Revan and Darth Malak's Sith Empire. Heavily updated for modern performance requirements, Syd crafted four according to her specifications, taking two for herself and gifting Starlin with the other two. While its only weapons are Laser cannons they have been given such power they can do possibly severe damage to even the most top of the line Fighter. Syd actively avoided giving the weapons incendiary features, as she does not wish for Starlin to think she is 'that' much of a Pyromaniac, as well as the fact the craft is intended to acclimatize him to the nuances of starfighter combat and is thus as much a high class trainer craft as it is a sincere, combat ready fighter.

Last edited:
Syd Celsius Syd Celsius , I apologize for the delay in commenting on this ship of yours, but I wanted to consult a little bit with the other factory staff first.

No Mechanics necessary: Experimental Nanomachines can restore the ship to minimal operations including Hyperdrive over the course of three hours

Nanotechnology can be one of those touchy subjects here, which is why we have this rule in place for our restricted materials section:

Generally speaking the more powerful the submission becomes, the less of them there should be. The production range of a submission with alchemy or nanotechnology ranges between Unique and Minor. Please use the history and other parts of the submission to flesh out its power and potency. A Factory Judge is allowed to ask for more depth, if they believe that the submission needs a little bit more work to it.

I think that semi-unique production on a small ship like this makes nanotechnology an entirely viable option, and I think that the extent of its power to restore functionality to basic, minimal operations is an excellent way of making something that sometimes can be too powerful into something that is both useful and interesting.

I think though it could use some expansion (and you don't have to address all of these, just some of them). Where are the nanites stored and where do they draw material from? Are certain types of repairs harder than others?

The biggest potential issue here is time. Three hours is a decent amount of time which I think is appropriate and won't like be abused. But I have to ask, what if the damage is more minor? Does it repair things like that quicker? I'm not expecting exact time break downs, but a rough idea of the capability of it to repair things. If you mean that the time is 3 hours minimum per repair, that is solid and I don't think we'll need anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom