Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tho Yor class Attack Vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoru Shakou

733382-siege__2_.png

Image Source: Here

Affiliation: Terminus Imperium

Manufacturer: Model:
  • Tho Yor class
Modularity:
  • No
Production:
  • Mass-Produced
Material:
  • Durasteel
  • Starship Components
Classification:
  • Assault
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Carrier
Length: 500 meters
Width: 300 meters
Height: 215 meters

Armament:
  • 72 Medium Turbolaser Cannons
  • 24 Point Defense Laser Cannons
Hangar Capacity:
  • (3) Squadrons of Starfighters and Kesh class Modular Transports
Hangar Loadout:
  • (12) Starfighters
  • (8) Kesh class Modular Transports - [ (2) Squadrons of Kesh with (4) per squadron]
Special Features:
  • Military Grade Deflector and Ray Shielding
  • Military Grade Communications Array
  • Military Grade Sensors Array
  • Internal Self Destruct Mechanism
  • Navicomputer
  • Medical Facilities
Maneuverability Rating: 11
Speed Rating: 10
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
  • The Tho Yor class Attack Vessel is capable of fulfilling multiple roles that would otherwise be spread out across multiple vessels. This means that it can serve as a carrier, an attack vessel, the carrier of a planetary invasion force, or as a patrol craft, etc etc. This is due in part to the Terminus Imperium requiring a vessel that can serve multiple roles that multiple vessels would otherwise drain their resources.
  • It's size and relatively simplistic design permit the vessel to be rapidly constructed and fielded. This allows the vessel to be rapidly produced in a short span than many other vessels of its class or style.
Weaknesses:
  • The vessel is a Jack of All Trades and a Master of none. It's ability to be multiple vessels is also its downfall as it lacks the hallmarks and otherwise full capabilities of more dedicate vessel classes. This leaves the vessel both strong in its ability to fulfill multiple roles, however at the same time it leaves the vessel weak because of that same ability often causing it to be stretched thin.
  • The vessels' design is comprised of two pieces, the central control, and the outer super structure that wraps around the vessel. This outer super structure is where a large amount of the vessels' weapons reside, meaning that it is possible to knock the vessel out of combat by destroying the support structures that link the outer super structure with the interior vessel spire.
Description:

Designed and taking its inspiration from the ancient Tho Yor vessels, the Tho Yor class Attack Vessel is one that is meant to fulfill multiple roles. The primary design is the internal pyramidal vessel, designed to imitate the Tho Yor vessel. This primary structure is the location of the vessels primary systems, including shield controls, various hanger bays, the bridge, medical bay and access to quarters and cargo bays that are all spread out throughout the pyramidal structure.

The external super structure that wraps around the vessel and connects to it through a series of support struts, allowing access into the structure for maintenance and weapons control, houses the vessels weapons. This structure is designed to spread out the vessels weapons in an attempt to provide overlapping firing arcs, from both below and above. Though there are still blind spots in this design that a starfighter could easily exploit.

Within the pyramidal structure is the main hanger bay, which holds a single squadron of starfighters and up to eight Kesh class Modular Transports. These hangers maintain the vessels small compliment of vessels that it carries, as well as offers support from mechanics and droids. The hanger bays that hold the Kesh class Modular Transports are large enough to allow for those vessels to be reconfigured by the on board crew.

An additional feature of the vessel is its fully equipped medical suite, that includes a handful of Bacta Tanks, and medical beds for treating injured individuals. While mainly used to take care of minor crew injuries, the suite does see the brunt of its activity during ship to ship combat, or when it is receiving injured personnel from planetside. This medical suite also includes medical droids, and a fully equipped operation theater.

Crew:
  • (100) Officers
  • (750) Crew Members
  • (25) Droids
Minimal Crew:
  • (20) Officers
  • (300) Crew Members
  • (10) Droids
Passengers:
  • (2,000) Military Personnel and Gear or (3,000) Civilians
Cargo Capacity:
  • 18,000 Metric Tons - No Passengers
  • 12,000 Metric Tons - Civilian Passengers
  • 5,000 Metric Tons - Military Personnel
Development Thread: If Necessary

Intent:

The Tho Yor class Attack Vessel is intended to serve as a unique cruiser and staple attack vessel of the Terminus Imperium. It's ability to serve in multiple roles is intended to mirror the Terminus Imperium's current political situation, in which every vessel must be stretched to the limit of its capabilities, thus forcing the Terminus Imperium to rely upon vessels that can serve in multiple roles as mirroring their limited resources to produce a more varied fleet of multiple vessels with dedicated roles.

[member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]

Ok. Three quick things stand out to me here. The first is that you have a maaaaaaaasive cargo hold. Like... Civilian Freighters would want to be this thing when they grow up. At the very least, I'm going to need you to drop a Zero. Anything in the 5,000 to 50,000 ton range is negotiable. Personally, I'd like something around 8k-15k on this, but I'll let you decide what you're comfortable with.

Next. I see that you want to use this as a jack-of-all ship. But right now, you're massively undergunned for your size. In fact... I could probably find a 350 meter long frigate with the exact weapons/hanger loadout of this ship if I looked hard enough. Personally, I'd aim for something in the 120 to 250 range, especially since you're spreading your shots over the entire area of the ship, and not just "all guns forward".

And lastly... The hanger is fine, but the wording could be a little clearer. Can you put it as "3 Squadrons of starfighters of Kesh Transports" under the hanger section, and then state that the hanger is "usually" filled with 12 starfighters and 2 squadrons of four Kesh Transports? (feel free to tweek the wording so that it feels right to you, but I'd like it made clear in the sub that even though there are only 8 Kesh Transports, they count as a full 2 Squadrons.)

Ok. You just dropped this thing from 700 meters to 250 meters. I'm not 100% sure if that was intentional, but whatever the case is, I want you walking out of here with a submission that makes you happy and holds its own.

The current guide restricts ships in the 200-500 meter range to 2 squadrons, and limits ships in the 500-1000 meter range to 3 squadrons. That's a limit that I have to abide by. So, whatever size you want this ship to be, 500 meters is the minimum length this ship has to be to hold 3 squadrons.

You still have "Heavy Cruiser" listed under classifications. If you're going to have this ship be under 500 meters, please change the terminology to something a bit more appropriate.

If you stay in the 200-300 meter range, I'm going to need you to drop the cargo capacity down to 2,000 - 3,000 tons. You'll also need a drastic reduction in crew and passenger numbers if you want this to be a small frigate. something around 200-400 for total crew and 200-500 for passengers.

I'm ok with this submission as it is. No dev threads needed. Speed is solid, hanger capacity is good, crew numbers are good, passenger numbers are good, and cargo is a tad high, but good because she ship's got a fat design. But, while we do not enforce any specific gun count, I feel that this submission could easily have its armament doubled and still be good for approval without a dev thread.

So, if you want to up the armament, you're welcome to do it or not do it. I'll appove this as soon as you tell me you're satisfied with the armament of the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom