Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They came from the Sky

Gandle Ott
Ott system[2]
Trition Trade Route
Rotation period : 25 standard hours
Orbital period : 367 local days
Physical information: Class Terrestrial
Atmosphere Type I (breathable)
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard

Primary terrain: Plains, Forests

Surface water: Oceans

It was a fine sunny day on Gandle Ott. One of the last "civilized" worlds in the outback before kesh and Kal'Shebbol it was a favorite stop over for BB when he flew the Trition Trade Route. The Starr was resting on one of the many land platforms in Montrol City as it was refueled and provisioned. While usually never alone BB on this trip had been accompanied by a young dancer named [member="Scarlett Orion"] who needed a ride back to the outer rim. Never one to turn down the request of a beautiful woman, BB had of course complied and taken his most recent entertainment star home after she had thrilled the patrons Purgatory Entertainment District which BB was a part owner of and helped run.

With preparations almost done BB has left the dock area and was currently heading into town to meet Scarlett for a bite to eat, or at least that is what he hoped Scarlett had summoned him for...

Often it made Scarlett feel guilty to take advantage of the attentions of the opposite gender, but it was of the utmost importance that she make it to Gandle Ott in time to get some top-priority intel for the Awoken. When [member="Bryce Bantam"] had offered her a lift there, she'd decided that dinner would make a fair exchange and had accepted graciously. Now that they were there and she had a few hours before her target was scheduled to arrive on the sunny planet, Scarlett had plenty of time to humour the handsome man who'd gotten here there.

As she saw Bryce approach she smoothed out her hair and flashed him her best smile.

"So, did you want to get something to eat?"

Force she was pretty, BB though as he approached Scarlett. Even though he was a war veteran and mildly successful business owner, BB was still a seventeen year old young man as gullible as any for a pretty face and a warm smile. Grabbing the back of his neck BB blushed and awkwardly paused a bit before answering her.

"Yeah sure, there is this pretty sweet sushi place along beach if you like. Great views and the food is outstanding."

BB was a bit of a foodie mostly due to his aversion to processed stuff. In fact whenever he landed at a new port of call one of the first things he did was scout out the restaurant and produce scene, making sure to find the best the area had to offer. Montrol City was no different and BB had a number of good hole in the wall joints he loved to frequent. If Scarlett wasn't in the mood for fish BB knew of at least ten other places to try.

[member="Scarlett Orion"]

"Cool, let's see if they have space for us." Scarlett had to remind herself that she wasn't on Gandle Ott to flirt, that she was on assignment, but the crimson colour his cheeks were turning was so cute and so very distracting.

As he led her to the restaurant, Scarlett decided that it wouldn't be the first time she'd diverged slightly from her mission and kept her body close to his. "So, I'm here for another job offer; how about you?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

He had the feels as Scarlett and he walked together. She wasn't acting like a friend, her manners were much more... intimate, and honestly BB loved it. Trying not to show how excited his was he instead tried to concentrate on her question.

"Yeah, this is more pleasure for me I gotta say. I'm here for the Mushroom Cutting ceremony and to get me a good stock for the Starr. If you brew them up they make a super relaxing tea."

BB was only telling part of the truth, however. In reality, Scarlett had been on TKO's radar for some time. An agent of her skill was hard to find and if she was half as good as they hoped she would be doing more than entertaining paying patrons soon. Still they need more intel on her, an understanding of what made her tick so to speak. BB was only too happy to help "study" her, heck he would do that without being asked.

As they made their way to the restaurant they continued to exchange small talk and amusing stories. It was a pleasant time for BB, the life of adventure, rescue, and espionage wasn't all it was cracked up to be. In fact, the times BB enjoyed most were usually ones like this. Simple, small conversations and enjoyable company, that was all BB needed to have a good time.

Now to be fair BB knew that this could all be a charade. Girls like Scarlett many times had an "angle" is you will. But today, BB didn't care. Today he was quite fine with living in the moment and let come what will.

As they walked into the restaurant BB held out a large bill to the hostess.

"Table for two, with a view if you have it."

The hostess led them to a nice secluded corner of the restaurant. Very nice, Scarlett thought to herself. She sat down opposite [member="Bryce Bantam"], pushing the assignment aside for a little while longer. He really was very good-looking - maybe once she was done with her mission she could call him up and continue the fun they were having. It would be a shame to let work get in the way of a bit of romance while she was young enough to still have plenty.

Brushing her thoughts aside, Scarlett glanced at the menu. "All right, I'll have a glass of wine and the meal of the day." She had no intention of drinking the wine - no way was she taking on a mission drunk, her dignity and anonymity meant too much to her for that - but it would look odd if during a flirtatious almost-date she didn't order alcohol. If she was subtle, maybe he wouldn't even notice she was taking only the barest sips. "How about you?"

The kid did so love the bad girls, and Scarlett was no exception. As she spoke BB was lost in admiring her long dark hair as it shined in the early noon light. Coyly she played with it, brushing it back, or twirling it around her slender fingers. She was a master at her craft, he could tell. Being both inviting and enthralling at the same time, BB knew he was mostly likely being manipulated, or at most humored. But she was so captivating he really didn't care. Her slight affections made him feel good and so to heck with it, he would enjoy the time with her till was over.

After BB ordered the chef's special, he changed the drink order to a bottle of sparkling wine, the expensive stuff, and two glasses. After all, how often would you be on Gandle Ott with such pleasant of company, it should be celebrated, or at least that's what he thought.

"Hey, I'm great," BB said as he leaned back onto his chair.

Taking a deep breath in he smiled and took in the clean salt air of the nearby beach. Kark, it has been months since the last time he was near one, so he planned on enjoying his surroundings as well.

"So, we really didn't get a chance to talk much on the way here. So tell who is Scarlett Orion anyway?"

As he said that BB leaned forward and flashed her a slightly silly smile. Hopefully, if this continued they might be able to strike up interesting conversation, or at the very least, get to know each other a little better.

Had he just asked who she was? Scarlett knew that as nice as talking to him was, her true identity couldn't be exposed to every handsome man who crossed her path. That had been the very origin of her codename - a viper is subtle, hidden in the shadows until it was much too late. Just like her.

So instead she grinned as she leaned forward, her hair hanging loosely across her face. "Don't you know that a magician never reveals her tricks?" She took a small sip of the champagne he'd ordered and instantly regretted that she was too otherwise occupied to enjoy it properly. "But since you asked nicely - what would you like to know?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Magician, huh? She seemed more like a sorceress to him. Not wanting to belay the point BB turned his attention he answer and decided to see how serious she was.

"Really, anything I want huh? Well lets see... I know, what makes Ms Orion tick? What do you live for?"

It was a basic open ended question and BB meant it to be so. She might out right lied or tell the truth, the decision was her's but even the lie she may tell would give clues into her thoughts, so it seemed like a good place to start.

As BB waited for her reply the appraiser course was delivered. Taking up his glass of champagne he took a good drink while pointing to the array of local shashimi pieces and offering Scarlett the first pick. After all it was the gentlemanly thing to do, or so he guessed.

Inclining her head in thanks, Scarlett served herself while contemplating how best to answer his question. He had specifically requested for Scarlett's answer, and the part of her personality under that name was the cover, so it didn't seem like lying to answer under her identity. However, she was genuinely enjoying his company and the Viper was as much a part of her as Scarlett was. Mentally, she chided herself; now was not the time to start debating over her double personality drama. She was Scarlett Orion, on a date with a handsome man she got along with, and all traces of the Viper could wait until after the meal.

"You might be disappointed to hear this, but I live for myself," she replied with a grin, taking a sip of her drink. "I mean, Jedi and the like will make it sound like a bad thing to have a little fun but you only have one life, might as well make it an exciting one. What about you?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

OOC: Sorry forgot it was my turn

A flirty response, what else would it have been, but there was some deep truth to it. I life lived without joy was a wasted life....

"I live for joy as well, to bring it into people's lives and cast out the sadness caused by those who waste their's in perverse pleasures. When I look into a mother's eyes after helping their child, when I see the suffering fade from a person's face after silencing an affliction. It is these simple joys that I live for. These moments that fill my existence with purpose..."

BB voice trailed off, he hadn't meant to go so deep with the conversation. He sounded braggadocious and high-handed. That wasn't him, well not how he wanted to be anyhow.

"We work in the same field you and I. While I concentrate on the body you work to mend the soul. You bring warmth to those whom you entertain, it is a gift and I'm glad you use it to fulfill not only yourself but others."

BB let is words sink in as he finished his second glass of champagne and poured himself a third. Offering to top off Scarlett's glass before he raised his glass in a toast.

"To healers, and all the forms they come in."

"To healers," Scarlett agreed with a smile, clinking her glass against his and taking a long drink of the sparkling liquid. "But I would think healing is a lot more impressive than dancing. At least a lot harder."

She waited for his response with her usual flirtatious body language, but an alarm bell was sounding in her head. She had at least four hours to go before her targets were expected to reach Gandle Ott, and no amount of fun would distract Scarlett from the time, but she couldn't shake the sense of an impending doom. Immediately the spy half of her brain began to supply her with endless possibilities as to the sudden feeling of danger, each one more unsettling than the last. Very subtly she shifted her hip and felt the telltale lump against her thigh that meant the lightsaber and handgun she had strapped there hadn't moved and that if worst came to worst and something happened, she would be able to protect herself and Bryce .

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

As the two continued to eat, BB was having a grand time but still something was off. He was still new to understanding the ways of the force but something was trying to talk to him, soft whispers of danger just outside his consciousness. It wasn't the company that was off, she may be dangerous but BB could feel she was not the threat. Shaking the feeling off as silly nonsense he poured the last of the bottle into his glass and placed it neck down in the ice bin.

Still, only seventeen his companions in the outback at taught him some very valuable skills, one from master [member="Julius Sedaire"] is how to hold your liquor. Plus if worse came to worse, a quick detox injunction and a battle stim he would be right as rain.

The main course came out shortly after and the conversation seemed to pause a bit while the two ate their meal, once done BB tried so spark up the conversation again.

"Any thoughts to putting down roots, maybe running a place of your own? I would be happy to sponsor it."

Although Scarlett was tense and on the edge, she was a natural at hiding it. However, through her Force abilities and natural empathy it seemed clear that [member="Bryce Bantam"] could sense the danger too and wasn't as good at hiding it. Oh well, she thought, if something happens it happens. She did take a proper drink from her glass, needing the little bit of alcohol to let her focus for the remaining pair of hours on simply having a good time.

Digging into the main course with a slightly unladylike hunger, Scarlett quickly let herself become caught up in the flirtation again.
"A place of my own? You make it sound so easy," she laughed. "Besides, I like to move about. New venues, new handsome employers..." she winked.
"Thanks for the offer, though."

All at once both of their force driven instincts were proved correct as an asteroid sounding like thunder ripped through the skies and smashed onto the downtown sector on the opposite side of the city where Scarlett and Bryce were enjoying each others company A once peaceful meal was thrown into chaos as well. Glass from the nearby windows shattered in as the shock wave rippled through. Whole buildings were blasted out or worse from the shock waves of the rock as it impacted the ground and those in the restaurant were thrown aside like leaves in the wind.

Still conscious, BB struggled to thrown the table that hand landed on him aside as he looked around for Scarlette, he was worried as anyone rightly should, not just for his friend but for the people at large. Unsure of how to proceed he first wanted to make sure she was at least ok.

"Scarlett! Where are you?"

Even with Scarlett's enhanced instincts and reaction timing, it came too fast for her to notice before she was being thrown backwards into rubble. As everything seemed to slow as she was launched through the air, Scarlett prepared to land but knew that it would make her too conspicous if she could move that quickly. Instead she let herself take the full impact, gritting her teeth and using her Force abilities to numb the pain of the bruises that were certainly going to start appearing all over her body any minute.

Shoving debris to the sides as she got to her feet, Scarlett took a quick, sweeping glance across the scene of disaster. Nobody appeared to be seriously injured, certainly they were all still alive as far as her vision stretched, and from the side she saw Bryce calling out.

Instantly she sprinted over to him. "I'm here; are you alright?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Crys of confusion and pain filled the shattered restaurant as everyone struggled to regain some semblance of understanding. Upon hearing Scarlett voice BB looked up to find her standing next to him. Giving her a dust covered smile he rose to his feet and looked about the room. There were people hurt some worse than others and BB medical training kicked in as he went around the room triaging those injured and treating the ones most seriously hurt. Few understood that had just happened and before long sounds of emergency vehicles and warning sirens began to fill the air.

Looking around BB suddenly realized this might not be an isolated incident, and after stabilizing the last of the critically injured BB ran over to one the blown out windows and look upon the destruction wrought upon Montrol City.

"Scarlett, you are gonna want to see this," he called over to his acquaintance.

As soon as she saw that Bryce was alright, Scarlett began trying to do what she could for those who hadn't been as fortunate as she had. She had rarely had to use the standard first-aid skills she'd learnt back when she was tiny, but that didn't mean they had gone anywhere. Searching through the debris, she found the restaurant's first-aid kit and set to work fixing the minor injuries using both the supplies at hand and the little bit of Force healing she was capable of. It was interesting to see how adept Bryce was with the whole thing - Scarlett could see him handling some extremely bloody situations without flinching. Very impressive.

Darting over to where Bryce was calling to her, she looked out of the half-smashed window in horror. Montrol City looked as though all the buildings had waged a war on each other, far worse than anything Scarlett had ever had to deal with or had ever even seen.
"That's a problem," was all she could say.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Scarlett had a flair for understatement it seemed. This was beyond a problem, this is a karking disaster. BB could already see the casualties being brought out into the rubble-littered streets. Men and women of all species nursing wounds and trying to understand how their lives had just been shattered. The great mushrooms that had been growing all year for the annual festival had been shredded or worse by the shock waves and a deep sorrow filled BB heart.

Suddenly a deep fear filled his mind as he remembered his ship he broke out his wrist comm attempting to call for his ship. The asteroid had landed on the far side of the city, away from them, but near the starport.

"Alexia, Sady, do you read me, over?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom