Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Therosuchus Spinax aka 'The Death Croc'

Status
Not open for further replies.
dino_hybrid__therospinax_by_raph04art-d93zvnh.jpg

Deviantart- Raph04art

Name: Therosuchus Spinax aka 'The Death Croc'
Meaning: Spiny Beast Crocodile
Designation: Non-Sentient
Homeworld: The 'Lost World' Valley near the equator of Agamar, Agamar System
Habitat: Mainly swamps and marshes, though they can be found anywhere with water deep enough to fit them into
Average height of adults: 9.5 Meters at the tip of the sail
Skin color: Grey, Red, Brown, Green-Grey, and Dull Blue
Hair color: None, only hair-like feathers which are brownish
Breathes: Type I / Oxygen

Strengths:
I. Immensely Strong and Immensely Large Size
II. Good Swimmer
III. Strong Arms and Legs with Large Talons
IV. Teeth Like Steak Knives
V. Heavily Armored Back and Spiked Tail

Weaknesses:
I. Can't Run Very Fast on Land Because of its Huge Size
II. Not Very Bright
III. Stiff Tail Movement Because of How Heavily Muscled the Tail is
IV. Their armor ends on their flanks and downward, and they are more vulnerable to punctures and other wounds there
V. Although their armor helps protect against many natural threats, it is not resistant to blaster fire and the like, though it may lessen the pain slightly

Distinctions: A large, fin-like sail on it's back, long jaws, and its immense size
Average Lifespan: Around 50 Standard Years
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: Only found in the swamps and rivers of the 'Lost World' Valley on Agamar, so there are very few individuals that make up the population
Diet: Fish, small, and large animals
Communication: A series of growls and roars
Culture: N/A
Technology level: None
General behavior: The Death Croc is a highly specialized hunter, its diet mainly consisting of large, aquatic animals like fish. They wait near or in the water, keeping absolutely still until their prey gets near enough. Then, they either grab the prey items with the large claws, spear them with their 4 foot long spikes on their tails, or catch them in its long, conical teeth. And though they are highly adapted for hunting in the water, they certainly won't pass up a meal on land.
Death Crocs are very territorial and will not tolerate any other Death Crocs or other large predators in their territory. They will sometimes fight violently with the other animal if neither backs down. These fights usually result in only one survivor.
Their distinctive sails and crests are thought to be used for intimidation and attracting a mate when it comes that time as males' sails and crests flush dark red with blood during certain times of the year. They do not mate for life though, as they are very territorial, and if a mate out stays their welcome, the outcome is usually bloody.
Females lay clutches of up to 7 football sized eggs near the water. If the nest is flooded, or the eggs fall into the water, they are protected by their ability to filter water in and out of their seemingly solid shells. Mothers will protect their nests with their lives, and will kill any living thing that comes near, regardless of size or species.
When the eggs hatch, the mother protects the young fiercely for about a year or so. Then, the young go out on their own. Any young who attempt to stay too long or are too reliant on their mother are killed.
History: This species was separated from the rest of the world with a variety of others when the terrain began to shift many thousands of years ago. They are distantly related to the Agamarian Beast, which lived on in many other parts of the world. Though, this species may not be cut off for much longer as an entrance has been said to have opened, allowing passage in or out of the valley.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: This species and several others are meant to more fully flesh out the environment of this 'Lost World' that I am creating for use by whoever wishes to use it.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="Mark Sage"]

I only have one issue with this.
I would like you to add a weak point on the creature, somewhere that their armor doesn't apply; I've inferred that it's their stomach from the description, but I would like you to list it to avoid any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom