Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There, Out In The Darkness, a Fugitive Running, Fallen From God, Fallen From Grace [Patches]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
#1 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Abregado Rae
Capital City- Governmental Headquarters

Patches, for some reason, was summoned to Abregado-Rae, apparently the recently appointed Observer wished to speak with the infochant. It was not news to HK that Patches worked with Omega, they worked before, the droid did not knew to which degree Patches knew about HK's missions with Omega, at least the ones they have done together. But apparently, HK needed information Patches had, badly enough that the infochant has been granted a trip to Abregado on first-class luxury cruiser, if the infochant desired so to accept the offer, HK was not certain if Patches would show up in disguise or not for this meeting. To certain degree the droid did not care, it was the information HK wanted, not to stare at Patches' mug, no matter how boyishly handsome.

Either way, in Governmental Headquarters of Abregado-Rae there was a simple office under heavy organic and mechanical guard, it was HK's office, the one where Patches would be led to. Inside there would be a droid behind a desk, looking down at a datapad, scribbling something down.

KRbYgJs.jpg6g9b3o.jpg9jqCvba.jpgtumblr_mrhw4cwu161sxkosfo1_250.png​
hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
^Signature made by Tirdarius​
"Oh, and I am not an HK droid."
"Growl."

#2 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches
Two Balled Jack the Floor Desecrator

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

@HK-36

Patches had refused the first class luxary-cruiser; or perhaps more accurately, gave his pass to some quaint old couple he met on the street whom kept calling him "dear". He had no use for such luxuries, and more often than not such luxury always drew unwanted attention. Instead, Patches took his old faithful, a public transport in business class. It required a bit more travel afterwards, some taxing, paying off a few guards, and a night stay in the kind of hotel you only wanted to stay one night, but he was there, none the less.

His choice of alias for this evening, was Leonard Drouin, one of his lesser used ones. A middling entrepreneur that wouldn't raise much concern, it allowed him to walk freely in most places without raising much alarm if any; those that would only take notice would be the ones still waiting for returns on their investment with Drouin.

Summoned by HK - the protectors little puppet whom Patches suspected had more going on than even the lady protector was aware of - he entertained the droids invitation, curiousity getting the better of Patches; though their last meeting and encounters since than could be characterized as icy at best. So it was a feeling of curiousity with a hint of caution that brought him to the doors of HK's office, as he did his best impression of a "secret knock" though as far as he was aware, no such thing existed.

Knock knock knock... Knock......... Knock...... Knock knock knock.

Posted Image​

#3 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

@Jonathon Patches
Knock knock knock... Knock......... Knock...... Knock knock knock.

The droid did not move, not even looked up, fixated on the datapad, the door to the small office automatically opened.
It was a dimly lit unremarkable space, single desk, file cabinets for filmsi documents and datapads, not much else. A theme for those meetings between HK and Patches it seems. The door would automatically close behind Patches once he would step in, leaving the man and the droid in the shadowy space of the office, no windows, a small lamp on the desk providing dim glow for Patches' comfort, droids had much better vision in the dark after all.
Voice sounded out from behind the desk, droid still writing down without looking up to Patches, over and over.
"Come in and settle. I am expecting only one visitor today, and the time for this meeting has been over due. Have a seat, there are queries I have for you."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#4 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

@HK-36

"Sorry," quipped Patches as he entered the room upon being invited. He tapped his holowatch a few times with his right hand, clearly expressing some disatisfaction with it as he spoke, "damn things needs a good greasing and it's batteries replaced..." he said, looking up at HK with a smug grin as he added, "Guess that sounds like Saturday Night at the club for you, huh?" he asked, as he took a seat opposite HK, making himself comfortable for the moment.

He cracked open the holo-watch, about to inspect it's insides, but then paused like a deer in headlights, as he peered up at HK, "Sorry... How insensitive of me... guess seeing the insides of another electronic might get you a little excited, huh?" he asked, and then closed the holowatch, hiding it with the sleeve of his jacket. "Apologies," he said with a raised eyebrow and a rather amused expression on his face.

Posted Image​

#5 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

@Jonathon Patches
The droid did not look up from datapad, writing down in it over and over, seemingly unmoved by the show, his voice emanated
"The most offensive act towards me was using EMP grenades and electric attacks against me in belief that it will work on me after 4000 years of it being a preferred method of attack against me. No one has yet equaled that level of ignorance and racism yet in verbal comments, but you are coming close to it. I suppose we all need some sort of goal in our lives."
The droid did not move, looking down at the datapad, the stylus in his hand moving back and forth on the tablet's surface
"Let us cut to business, have you ever heard of a planet Mechanus?"
The query was put forth from unmoved being behind the desk

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#6 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

@HK-36

"Sorry," he said wryly, as he shrugged casually, "If I have offended you... just simply turn down the sensitivity settings in your operating system," he quipped, slightly amused with himself. HK fascinated him at times - for a droid, he could be more moody than most women - and it's attempts to be human at moments, and distancing himself from them at others always kept his interest. Besides... what's the point in not having a little fun, he mused to himself.

Leaning back in his chair, he considered the droids inquiry, as he responded, "You won't find it on any standard holo map... what about it?" he asked.

Posted Image​

#7 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

@Jonathon Patches
The droid kept writing, still denying eye contact to Patches
"Do you know who occupies it and where have you heard about it? The Jedi erased their records of its origins and existence last time I heard. There are few that passed it orally, the only ones who know of its location are those born on it, if they are still visiting this Galaxy, I need to speak with them."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#8 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

@HK-36

"I am embarrassed to say, my oral skills are a bit lacking at the moment," he quipped sheepishly, shrugging as he said, "Can't say I've had the pleasure of having whom occupies it passed along to me, in recent memory," he said, folding his hands together as he rested them upon his knee, watching the droid take more interest in a datapad than Patches himself.

He couldn't blame the droid though, as he himself had many a times taking more interest in a datapad than the person on the other side of it. "What's this about?" he asked, "Got some vacation days saved up, and looking for somewhere different?"

Posted Image​

#9 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

@Jonathon Patches
"It is none of your concern. Perhaps the curiosity will drive you to find it. Discovery of it will benefit us both, and it will give you a chance to get out there and adventure around the Galaxy."
The droid kept writing, fixated on the datapad, his movements mechanic and repetitive. His voice continued
"I do not suppose you have anything good about relations between Sith and Confederacy? Any definite proves they are allied with each other?"

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#10 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

@HK-36

He shrugged casually, not quite sharing the droids same sense of adventure - or so he led on - as he responded, "I've had my share of adventures in the galaxy, not looking for another one anytime soon," he said. Then came the inquiry about Sith and Confederacy relations, which was a rather curious inquiry coming from him. Patches wasn't aware they relied on outside sources for such sensitive matters, figuring they would prefer to use their own sources of intel for such matters.

He was usually summoned when an OP presence could not be afforded. "I may or may not... wasn't aware my services were required for writing a blog on political relations these days," he said, pausing for a moment, "would you like my thoughts on the government shutdown on Kamino as well?" he asked with a smirk.

Posted Image​

#11 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

@Jonathon Patches
"Perhaps that is the problem with youth these days, not enough adventuring spirit in your bones."
Came a comment from beyond the desk
"As to your services, we do not have these meetings that often, for many reasons, once we do, it is better for me to query for all the information I need, no matter how redundant or unlike the questions. Force knows how soon we will have our next meeting."
The droid kept writing over and over, not looking up from his datapad
"I realize Sith and the Confederacy are cooperating, what I need information on is whether or not they have signed pacts of alliance and cooperation, and where I can get evidence of such, names would be preferable."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#12 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

@HK-36

He snorted at the droids comments, as he merely quipped, "Force knows? Didn't know you had added force sight to your repetorie of skills... must be all those midi-chlorians pulsating through your body," he said with a slightly amused expression. The continued writing on the datapad didn't bother Patches; in fact, if he was being honest with himself, it was probably in his best interest that droid wasn't paying attention to his expressions as he spoke.

"So this meeting is of a political nature then? The armistice isn't working? You should try appeasement... it's always had a history... " he said smugly, pausing for a moment, as he added, "well, just a history I suppose; can't recall it ever working," he said with a cracked smile. He didn't like getting involved in these political affairs, as it usually involved him being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Posted Image​

#13 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

@Jonathon Patches
"I need the info to more or less demoralize Confederate ranks. Not all of them are in league with the Sith as it seems, in fact, most of them dislike the Sith and distrust them, should it be revealed that the Confederacy has signed alliance with them without consulting with the rest of the faction or informing them about it, it would cause a schism if not a revolt."
Droid behind the desk kept on with the repetitive action, there was something about its movements and appearance that would strike Patches weird if he would look hard enough to notice, they were so repetitive and mechanical, and something about the datapad was unclear as well
"How much do you know about Dathomir and the Clans of Witches? I have taken interest in their history lately and I needed to contact someone on Dathomir to learn more about it."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#14 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

@HK-36

"Political unrest and revolts?" he asked, extending his arm for a moment as if to admire the back of his hand, as he merely stated, "I've had involvement in my fair share."

Readjusting himself in the chair, he leaned forward a bit, as he added, "Never much been a fan of them; the usurpers are almost always never any better than those that were in power, and the cycle repeats itself again and again," he said, leaning back again as the droid shifted topics to Dathomir. He's like a child, he mused to himself for a moment. Shifting topics and interests like one gets distracted by butterflies in the wind.

"In my experience, the farther away from Dathomir and the clans you are, the better," he said bluntly, drawing from his own experiences from both the planet and it's clans. "Though, I suppose you wouldn't have to worry about being claimed," he quipped, then added, "They might just try to disassemble in your case."

Posted Image​

#15 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

@Jonathon Patches
"This time it is not usurping the goal, it is taking down the Sith. There is personnel among the Confederacy that do not want to get shot at in order to defend the Sith, I only wish to inform then that it is exactly what will happen, unknowingly to them, if they will stay in Confederacy. Perhaps then Commander Rostu will see it is a mistake to ally with the Sith."
Same routine, repetitive movement of stylus in datapad, not looking up at Patches
"I am used to escaping factions trying to have me shut down and disassembled, Sith on numerous occasions, Mandalorians, Jedi, Jensaarai, Hutts, in 4000 years you can piss plenty people off when you are looked at as kitchen appliances and you start showing people up. Perhaps it is time to add the Witches to that list, I would not seek to fight them either way, or kill without necessity, I only wish to learn from them."
HK's voice paused for a second
"Could you, please, direct me to an archive, if they have one, an Dathomirian Elder, or perhaps both? If trials are necessary to access such, I am ready to face them. It took a mask torn off of a Sith Knight brought to the Mandalore for Mandalorians to allow me access to their historic archives."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#16 Jonathon Patches

Jonathon Patches

• 1,607 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

@HK-36

He barked out a laugh at the droids request, as the premise of them having a single elder or an archive amused him greatly.

"I hope you are good at reading pictographs on cave walls, because the Witches of Dathomir are not exactly known for their technical skills," he remarked smugly, as he added, "It's why there is so little known about them, their history shrouded in mystery; they are more interested in fighting for territorial control, collecting mates and riding their rancors than maintaining any historical archive," he said, noting the pause in the droids voice and work on his datapad for a moment; clearly it was a topic that interested him greatly.

"As for an Elder, no such thing exists; there are merely warring factions, divided by such fancy titles as 'dreaming river clan', 'singing mountain clan', 'the nightsisters,' or my personal favourite, the 'hollers at the moon when the wolves come out clan'..." he paused for a moment, then added, "that last one may or may not be made up."

Posted Image​

#17 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,920 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

@Jonathon Patches
HK did not move or stop the routine
"I will make sure to note the pictographs. And the clans must have elders of sorts, leaders and wise witches. Even the most primitive culture has databases of their culture and knowledge, when it comes to culture being passed by oral recitations, as I assume it is in this case, these databases take form of organics, most often shamans and tribe elders to tell stories."
He paused slightly again, calculating quickly and the writer does not want the whole thing to be just one huge block of text
"I have heard about the Nightsisters before, Dark Sided tribe, anything you could tell me about the others? The Dreaming River Clan and the Singing Mountain Clan you have mentioned."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom