Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There Lies a Fire that Burns within your Soul

Goaul-HaTak-620x348.jpg

The small temple had been erected many years ago. Built upon the grave of an old pyramid ship that had once been used for the Shapers of Kro Var. However now, It floated in space. Orbiting a lone Star. The system had a negative draw to it. The Dark Side of the force flowed within this floating temple. The Lights, and the power were still on. As though it were powered by some unseen force. This temple housed within its closed areas, loomed a great a powerful being.

One said to sleep in a stasis due to a love that had once been lost. Now forever roaming the galaxy. It is here that two adventures must come past their terms of allegiances, ties to their families, and work together to get past the tests set before them. Be the fight against beast that would kill them, or the puzzles to leave them locked within the dungeon for eternity.

The open room they would awake within, covered in the dead bodies of other Shapers who have tried to continue in the efforts of finding the mythed power within the center of the Pyramid. Guns, swords, lightsaber hilts, and even an electrostaff were among the many weapons upon the floor. Each body had their story to tell. Each weapon their cause to inflict.

Statues of one man were in all four corners of the room. One as a young man. A deformed arm controlling fire with the other holding a wicked lightsaber blade. The Second as a Cloaked bounty Hunter. Garbed in a uniform that was torn from war. Once more with fire upon his hands, and a very deadly, yet large slughthrower on his hip, and a clawed hand out stretched. The third of a man in a leather jacket. His entire form covered in flames, his skin torn apart like the very lava within his flesh. On his waist, a Katana in the simplest forms. And finally, the fourth statue. An armored warrior brandishing an ornate Katana. The sword much longer, and held with a grip of iron. The fire within the man's eyes spoke volumes as an orb of water floated above his right shoulder, a large stone above his left shoulder, a symbol of the wind at his left foot, and a flame upon his right foot.

Forever standing there in silence. Each statue stood as tall as the man who was rumored to slumber within the temple. Within the temple came a roar. One powerful enough to reverberate through the entire structure. The beast had awoken. It was waiting for them.

The two Apprentices. One of the light,

and one of the Dark.

[member="Azula Yeshevsky"], [member="Zephyr Carrick"],

The warm floor touching my face, The blood on my clothes. was almost dry. How long have I been laying here? The jingle of my gear made me look around. Bodies strewn across the large square room. The statues were menacing, as much as the Dark side of the force flowed through the area. I felt sick to my stomach. All the bloodshed, all the bodies. The rotting corpses of people, and the force, Lets say I was not a gentleman anymore. I curled over and threw up into an upturned helmet. It was there for only a second when I began to dry heave. I had almost no food in my system. I shook my head trying to get the dizzying effects out of my mind.

Focusing upon the force like my father had taught me, I cleansed my mind of the impurities of the force. Pushing the onslaught of negative emotions from me. I could almost feel my strength come back when I could see a collapsed woman beside me. Her signature... dark. Not as dark as the temple we were in, but still tainted by the Dark side of the force. I looked to my hips. Seeing my sword my lightsaber, and my blaster pistol. All that I needed was here. I pulled on the sword gently. Letting it become loose from the sheath, and aimed it at the door. I looked around me, preparing should anything happen. After a few small moments, I moved back to the woman.

Leaning down, I shook her shoulder.

"Miss. Miss, wake up. I don't think you are where you think you are."

As if on cue, a loud roar erupted from halls. Echoing multiple times within the room. This was not good. Slowly standing up, I stared down the dark hall. Many sets of red glowing eyes were moving back and forth. Moving towards us. The first one to break through and into the light of the chambers, I could see decomposing flesh. The suit of military armor, and holding an inactive lightsaber in his grasp. I could only image what was happening.

I wasn't so nice this time. Kicking the lady with the side of my boot hard enough to maybe cause a slight bruise on her arm, I spoke again as I brought the sword up and prepared for battle.

"Nightmares are everywhere, and I don't intend to forever dream."

[member="Azula Yeshevsky"],

The faint feeling of a leg hurling against her arm made her eyes flutter, she looked up and in a blur she saw a man. He was no older than 18, and he was standing there with his hands gripped tightly around his sword. This part was not so surprising. Azula had been in this situation more than once, the unusual part was that his weapons were facing away. She pushed a hand through her hair and leaned up, however in doing so she caught the site of more unusual things than a boy holding out his weapons.

A room full of corpses and statues. Each statue having symbolism it seemed. This place looked like it was a tomb, it certainly smelled like a tomb. If that were the case, wouldn't that make Azula dead? She didn't think so, what was this place though and how did she get here? All questions for a later time she thought as she started to look around. The private eye first saw the hallway, all with beastly eyes staring through the shadows. Azula stared at them for a moment, her body shaking as they stared right back. She put her hand on the ground and pushed herself up, looking to the boy beside her just as she caught his last words about dreams.

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” She spoke softly, her heavy (Russian) accent echoing through the hallways.

As the eyes were drawing closer, she put her hand on her katana hilt and drew the blade form it's scabbard. She looked down and she noticed she was still dressed formally for the event that the empire had just hosted. Come to think of it, that was the last thing she remembered.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

The woman had gotten up and spoke something about a dream within a dream. I wasn't all too focused on it. I was more worried about possibly dying in the next few minutes, than what this woman spoke about. I did notice that she drew her own sword. Curved yet quite elegant, it could only be a Katana. Some force users wielded weapons like these. Even before the time of the Jedi, Force imbued swords were shaped much like hers to allow a superior cutting edge in battle. I had heard stories of people using such a weapon, however, I only dreamed of seeing one actually used. I guess that was now my chance.

I turned my attention away from the woman and back at those who were coming in through the door. We couldn't just wildly swing at the creatures. Or beings. or whatever they were. We needed to work together for the moment, and figure out crap later. Since I was already on the right, and she was already on the left. I decided to call a shot.

"I'll take right, you take left, and we share the middle."

Starting to walk forward, I sent a force push in the direction of the door. Hoping to push some back and possibly make some tumble over each other. As well, it would provide us time to get up to the door, and make a choke point in which we could keep the enemies coming straight for us, and not have to worry so much about our backs. I wanted to survive this encounter.

Then we could talk about how we got here.

[member="Azula Yeshevsky"]

Just when Azula was gaining her complete awareness, she heard him speaking on sharing them. Sharing what? There was so many questions. However she understood one thing completely. This was serious, so accordingly she found a combat stance and reached out to the force. She could feel the presence of many things approaching her, and him. Using her senses she 'looked' through the hallway. It seemed to go on forever, not like she knew this for certainty. This place was masking itself from the force, or more likely it was too strong in the force for her to see anything.

Thinking this the Miraluka shook her head and felt the first one coming. It lunged at her and she bent down, letting it jump over her as she slid the sharp katana through it's back, the distinct sound of flesh being sliced open. In fact the attack was so weak she didn't even need to bother turning around and facing it. The next one came from the exact same spot and it lunged as well. Both of these were easily dodged attacks and poorly executed. This was good. It led Azula to believe that these things were beats, not much more capable of basic attacks.

What lied ahead she couldn't know, but at least the first wave was easy enough to manage. With her one hand out, katana ready for the next beast- she listened for the man beside her. She then heard one more coming right towards him while he was facing the right, Azula then took her blade and sliced the things head off right in mid air, a little bit of wet blood splattering on her face.

"Hey, they aren't hard to kill so keep on the defensive. It's the numbers we have to worry about."

She let a faint scoff out as she wiped it, the blood feeling very gooey and unusual.

I was surprised that the woman was blind and could still use a blade. Either way, as she began to taken on a few of her own, she walked up with me at some portion and I started to deal with my own. Using my blade, I sliced off one of the limbs of the creatures lifting a saber at me. However, he kept moving. I reached around his head with the force, and crushed it. Causing blood and ooz to fly all over his undead comrades. A second ran straight for me. I held my sword down, and let the creature run smack into it. It still tried to bite me as I twisted and with my strength cut it in half from the waist up. Letting its body fall to the floor with a slump. As I could hear the decapitation of a foe behind me, I realized I had left myself open. I was stupid to do that.

Either way, the woman spoke about being easy, it was difficult because of the sheer amount of numbers. I nodded to that fact. Drawing my blaster pistol, I fired a round at the first woman to come to me. A smoking hole was left where her head was. I then realised, all of my attacks that affected the head stopped them. Any sort of damage to the brain, or connection from the body to the head stopped them.

Relaying this information to the girl, I shot another one in the head before holstering the weapon as it was still smoking, and used my sword on a closer one. Stabbing right through its head, and then pulling it right out to use the pommel of my sword to bash in the face of another. I could hear the crunching of it's face and skull as I had increased my strength within the force.

"Damage to the head or spine works best. Use that to our advantage."

Once more using a force push, I sent more of them tumbling back into the hallway. Allowing us to deal with them one or two at a time, rather than having us be flooded. But with how we were fighting like this, we wouldn't last long. There had to be some way to stop them from coming. Looking around, I could see that there was a Basin in floor. Covered in bodies currently, I realised what we might have to do. A common phrase among the sith was, "Blood for the Blood God." ANd well, this sith seemed to want blood.

"Cover me for a second. I have an idea."

I wiped my blade clean for just a second as I sheathed the blade. Drawing my blaster pistol once more, I then fired rounds that were aimed at the head. Slamming into most, and missing only a few as I backed up to the basin. I then stopped for a second to clear the bodies of the giant bowl. Looking back up, I could see that even more were flooding in.

"Back up slowly, Kill them as they get into the basin."

Sure I was all about fighting, but I wanted to live. If it could even come close to seeing what we could about this, then maybe, just maybe it would work. PIcking up one of the blaster rifles, I stayed at the basin providing some sort of covering fire at the monsters coming. Maybe just enough for her to back them up into the basin, and cut them. Letting their blood flow into it.

[member="Azula Yeshevsky"]

Azula nodded at his words. She saw what he was trying to accomplish. the sith practitioners she knew had never actively attempted it, however she had read of such methods. What she really wondered, though, was what this temple held in its depths?

The echani was deep in thought as she caught a woof of the creatures. She imagined they were twice as ugly as they smelled, and that's coming from a girl without eyesight.

She then felt a tremor in the ground as another one jumped at her, she wasn't ready for this one. Yet easily enough she countered it and jumped to the side before it could grab her. She raised her blade and ran it through the things eye. Azula was even feeling slight remorse for the creatures. they were most likely under sith control or not acting of free will.

Nevertheless, when the next attack came she leaped behind it, in a rather awkward position as she faced away the hallway, but it would have to be that way for her plan to work. One problem was she didn't remember exactly where he was, quickly Azula took in a deep breath and a vague image of light seeming like fire came from one direction. it was extremely bright, and strong. She knew this was him, he was the only light in this room. With this Azula looked down on herself, just another dark creature..

Shaking the though the young woman rushed the blade through it's back and gave it a slight force push as well. Nothing too strong, simply enough to push it towards the basin. And towards the light. After this Azula quickly turned to see about thirty of the beasts running at her, she then attempted another force push, this one was amplified in the adenine. It honestly served at pushing her back more than anything.

When she was next to the boy she rotated the sword around her grip, keeping the lines precise for what would come and looking vaguely in his direction. Obviously she couldn't see him or his face but she could use the force to get an idea.

She then pointed to the basin, keeping her body facing the other beasts and her head looking in [member="Zephyr Carrick"] 's direction. Over the basin laid the dead creature, like it was flayed fish. It's body was cut open and blood poured out into the basin. Azula knew it was dead for sure because it lacked a force signature. Even these beasts had one.

"A blood offering?" She asked, more rhetorically than anything. He probably couldn't even understand her words as her accent made them slur slightly together.

The blaster rifle spit blaster bolt after bolt at those who could have caused more harm than help in this little situation that we were in. Someone who had a very frail body? blamo! Somebody who was smaller than the rest, once again. Blamo! Each one fell as a means to protect the Dark force user as she retreated step by step. She was in essence, bait. Drawing them towards the basin so that she could start cutting them down and letting the blood seep into the giant bowl. I could feel the blaster rifle fire one last round into a man who got a little too close to my liking, and after trying to fire another round, the gun's trigger simply clicked. I tried a few more times like an idiot, and then threw the rifle aside.

As it was empty, there was no need for me to do it. Once more drawing my sword, The blade rung as it passed through the leather and into my hands. I wielded it in one hand as walked forward. Passing the lady just a bit to reach the next man in line to be placed into the basin. My uppercut slashed through his clothing, cutting him all the way up the chest. Mortal wound by any means, but as the head was still not severed yet, he still walked towards me after lumbering for a second. Only with a flick of my wrist to decapitate him.

Reaching out, I grabbed his shoulder with my left arm, and pulled him to land chest down into the basin. After I had done the same process with a second man, the bodies began to pile up. As I was cutting into my fourth man, and laying him down, there was a large boom. I stopped in my tracks as the creatures eyes then faded. They were no longer red and began to sway back and forth in place.

"What the-"

Walking up to the first one, I poked it with my sword from a distance. Only for it to tumble backwards and fall. Smacking its head into the ground. I then looked up to see past the creatures that almost made a line to their deaths as the hall was now no longer dark. Torches lit up the hall. Looking to the lady, I gave her a questioning look.

"Do we keep going or?"

[member="Azula Yeshevsky"],

Azula listened closely as this happened, her senses picking up on the slightest noises. Yet, she heard nothing suspicious, on most occasions there was a click, or a gear spinning, some kind of technology working behind the scenes. However in this situation, nothing. She was now unsure of whether this temple...or whatever it was...was even real. And as the young Miraluka questioned things her mind drew her away from logic and reason, bringing her closer to doubt and-

Then he looked at her. As if she knew the answers? Even being blind Azula knew he was looking at her. With a stare like that anyone could feel it. Blind or not. The woman let out a confused sigh as she shook her head, she then used the force to guide her around the bodies as she stepped to the wall and laid her hand across it.

"Spirits guide me..."

Touching the wall sent a surge down her spine, like a sensation. She attempted to use force sight to see through the structure but, she saw no structure at all. She then turned her body to face the man. "I suppose we should. First, perhaps I could be enlightened with the knowledge of your name?" As she said this her accented voice echoed throughout the place, continuing on past when one would have expected it to stop.

The woman was right. We should probably keep going, and I really didn't feel like staying in this room with the dead around us. Cleaning off my sword once more, I sheathed the weapon and kept my weapons at the ready. Should I have to draw upon my sword, lightsaber, or blaster, I could do so. Taking my time to look down the hall as I didn't answer the lady's question about my name just yet, I started to walk down the hall. Trying my best to watch were I was stepping.

"Zephyr Carrick, but call me Zeph."

I decided to tell her my whole name. No point in lying to each other if we might die anyways. I had very low doubts about dying though. I really did want to survive this encounter within this this dark temple. I could feel the force flow through the hall as I continued to walk. Only, as I took a step, I could hear a click.

I stood still as I possibly could be. Not moving any sort of muscle. Hell, I was scared to even move my mouth.

"Um.... figure out... if there are any traps. I just stepped on some kind of plate."

Releasing the weight on the plate would initiate the trap. And I had no clue if it was the floors rising with lava, lavaroks thrown at us, or even the entire structure coming alive with the dead once more. I stayed still, but this lady would have to work fast if she were to figure this out. Cus I couldn't stand here forever.

"So um... what's your name?"

[member="Azula Feanor"]

Azula placed her hand on his shoulder with a tight grip as he stepped on the plate, pushing him down in case he didn't hear it. However he then confirmed he did, accordingly she slowly released the pressure of her hand, which may have left a faint mark on his shoulder. As she grew in power she didn't really know her limits, she never really did. Especially with the energy of this place running through her veins.

"My name is Azula, you may call me Azu if you wish." The young, yet still older girl spoke. Almost mocking him, yet in a kind way. She was meaning to make friends with him, and if she couldn't do that, at least hoping to calm the tension between them. She knew they couldn't proceed until he lifted his foot, and she could only imagine the results of that action. He would surly die first. With a soft and kind voice, almost motherly, she said.

"Will you trust me, Zephyr Carrick?" The girl pushed her silver hair back and pulled a small quiver-esk item around her back. However, instead of arrows on the inside, there was water. The element of change and flexability, with this quiver the girl then moved her arms in a fluid manner, allowing the water to slowly take shape and flow from the quiver. It glided around Zeph's foot, and in a perfect position around the plate. Oddly enough though, Zeph would find his foot was not wet, despite water being around it. Then with a flick of her wrist the water would freeze into a solid block, keeping the plate under it's weight.

"Alright Zeph, can you move your foot?" then with her hands, she formed a small exit for his foot.

Her hand had caused me to startle a little. I mean, I hadn't expected it. However, as she began to start towards me, answering my last question with her name, Azula. I smiled a little. Trying to keep myself talking about other stuff instead of thinking about possible death, I mean, I was too young to die right? RIGHT?

"Nice name... What does it mean?"

Only, she didn't answer me as water began to form around her. She moved it with ease as suddenly it was around my foot. Realy? I was not in the mood for a bath right now. But even with my boot, I could look down and see from the torchlight that the leather boots were not absorbing the liquid. I looked at it with curiosity. It was then the water became solidified. I looked at the rather beautiful woman as she asked for me to trust her.

Clearing my throat, I decided to help with it. Using the force, I held up a finger. Breathing in. I tried to find the mechanism inside the plate. Everything had chinks in their armor. You just had to find it. Sure, weight may keep the trap open, but I wanted to make sure that it didn't do anything. I gripped onto the plate with the force, and slowly pushed down as I removed my foot. Trying to keep even pressure on the plate. It was then when my foot was removed, I worked fast. Alter Environment was very useful as I used the force to cause the water to become many times more heavier to compensate for my weight upon the plate.

"Yeah. I think that is good enough. Lets just not bump into it."

Stepping over the block of water, I continued to move a few steps past it. Very careful now of where I stepped.

"I um... I want to thank you for that."

[member="Azula Feanor"]

She nodded with a slight grin on her lips.

"It's no problem."

She then grabbed his hand immediately, almost like a sister reaction, as she felt a rush of the force. The shaper turned her head just enough to feel the heat on her cheeks. Coming straight towards them was awall of hot burning fire. Her immediate reaction was to run, yet she could slow the fire down. Being rash and without much though, the headstrong girl jumped into the heat, her fists out as she seemingly punched the air, the first reaction was for the fire to bend backwards, still coming forwards but it was obvious she was pushing it back.

However, it was only brief as the flames burned to hot and she was forced to burn alive, or thrust herself back with a punch at the fire, sending a burst from her hand.

The one thing about shaping was that fire was always accessible. Air not necessarily, earth in the least, and water only in certain circumstances. However for some reason fire came from the heart, metaphorically. It just appeared. Yet now was not the time to be thinking of this. As the novice firebender launched back, she then shaped her hands around the water which was already melting over the now useless trap, she pushed it back against the fire and would let the chemistry of the two mix.

Automatically as they met forces a sizzling sound echoed on for some good 10 seconds. However the sound went faint as only hot steam remained. It seemed the two elements cancelled one another out.

With this, Azula wiped sweat from her brow as she let out a deep breath. It was obvious what just happened drained quite a bit of her energy. She did just save both of their lives after all. However, she had a feeling this place was not letting up on the death traps anytime soon. She would just have to consider this a lucky time, and keep her attention on maximum alert. Hoping that her young friend would do the same.

"And for that as well."

After watching the spectacle of her abilities over the elements, I was seeing her droop her shoulders just a little bit, and she clearly seemed to use too much power from this. If there were hundreds of these traps, we would not last long. I had no idea on how long the hall was. But one thing was for sure, traps were everywhere. Walking up behind the woman as she stood there, the warm steam reaching my face. I had realised that she grabbed my hand. Soft skin, and... delicate. Almost as though she were perfect. I squeezed my hand as she still held on. Letting her know I was there. Not sure how I felt about holding a girls hand, but it sure was different.

"Hey, we can't keep doing this alone. We need to work together."

I let my hand slip from her own as I walked to stand in front of her. I breathed in slowly. and then let the air exit my nose. Reaching up, I stopped before my hand could touch the woman's head.

"Do you trust me?"

I know we had just met. I know that we only just knew each other's names. But we needed to work together on a closer level. And I had an idea on how to do that but she would have to trust me. She would need to understand that even in this, we would not be ourselves any more. We would be literally acting as one person. I would leave this to her, but for our survival, I was willing to give up a few secrets.

I only wondered if she would.

[member="Azula Feanor"]
[member="Azula Feanor"]

As he tugged at her hand, she smiled. It was comforting to know he was there for her, like a brother. Then he asked her if she trusted him, and she did. Deep down she did for some reason have a type of trust. The kind you just have, without fostering or anything like that.

"I want to..." Her voice echoed, like a crescendo as it rose in pitch. Her unique accent still present.

"What is it?"

She said, trying to get to the point, not out of rudeness or anything like it; but in honesty Azula did not want to answer such a question. Not because she didn't trust him, because she might.

"I feel a strong presence ahead, is it just me or do you also feel it?"

As she spoke more she seemed to grow more confident in her ideas, however her delicate petite attitude was still very present.

Nodding my head to the woman as she said she wanted to trust me. And that was good. I don't know why she felt that way though. I felt a connection to her, like we were supposed to meet and do something. Either way, She accepted what I may be doing. However, she asked a question right before I did. Asking if I felt something, I nodded my head.

"Aye, I can feel it."

Turning around to the end of the hall, I could feel this entity as it was rather powerful in the force. However, we had many more traps to go. Turning back, I explained myself.

"I am using force meld to combine our minds and work together as a group. It will prepare us for traps together."

[member="Azula Feanor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom