Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Wrong Stop

designing-solo-james-clyne-kessel-15.jpg

A S T E R O I D - F I E L D - A S R I E L

"They're still not backing off!" Vetru shouted. Green laser bolts streaked past his viewscreen.

The convoy of smugglers had been intercepted by a pair of imperial destroyers and an interdictor. Vetru had used up almost a third of his fuel trying to shake TIE fighters. As one of the smallest ships in the convoy he had tried to keep them busy.

Another few hits and his shields would short out. It would only take one mistake in the asteroid field they were fleeing into to turn him to dust.

A pair of TIEs doggedly chased him underneath the first asteroid. The rest broke and started skirting the perimeter. When Vetru turned for a dense cluster of rocks even they gave up. He closed his eyes and hoped.

All the warning alarms went off, but he came through the other side unscathed. The Zabrak breathed again.

"They've backed off. The destroyers are holding position," he called out. "I'm picking up an empty patch of space, heading there."

His scanners were struggling. Some of the asteroids must have been heavily metallic because the other friendly signals kept being lost and rediscovered.

His ship, the Azimuth, emerged into the empty space at the centre of the field. It wasn't quiet empty. A single large asteroid rotated slowly in the empty space.

"Hey, is anyone else seeing this? I'm getting no power readings but that looks like an abandoned station..."

qr6vhoF.png

Last edited:
Aboard the Littoraria | Unknown Asteroid Field | Vetru Vetru

Delila wasn't quite sure how she survived running through that asteriod field in the clunky little cargo ship. Typically she was the one behind the scenes - guns, shields, emergency repairs - that sort of thing. Flying with the crew meant she typically did the flying during quieter parts of the job and left it up to the experts - Brak and Xin.

Yet she had made it through and was faced with one giant asteroid. Too small to be a planet. Someone crackled over the comm that it was a space station. Huh. Yeah she could see that.Eyes squinted, a few buttons keyed to bring up the object in front of her closer and better focus on a small panel.

"I would say abandoned mining facility. A lot of those asteroids we just passed up had heavy metals in them if sensors were correct."

The old ship shook with each hit taken from the TIEs.

He was only able to take out of few of the starfighters before The Flying Bantha started to take some serious damage. But with some fancy flying him and the other members of the convoy made it out of the mess.

“Nice flying out there y’all. I can’t stand those nerfing Imperials.”

As he regrouped with the other pilots he began to check over his systems. Most of them were holding steady, but he wasn’t sure for how much longer. Some repairs were going to be needed next stop.

But his attention was taken away from the hulking mass in front of them all. The piece of tech was enormous. Probably a space station of sorts. Looked like it hadn’t been used in years.

“Yeah, I’m seeing it out there too. Looks like it is in pretty bad shape.”

Vetru Vetru | Delila Castillon Delila Castillon

Delila Castillon Delila Castillon Kole Eckttor Kole Eckttor A ARS VAMI

"Two things come to mind looking at that thing," Vetru called over the open channel.

"First of all there might be some fuel left and its somewhere to wait out the imps. Secondly, and just as importantly, they might have left some good salvage behind."

Vetru nudged the controls and used thrusters to start a slow loop around the station. He marked what looked like the main docking bay.

"I'm going in for a look."

The Azimuth was swallowed up by the station. As soon as it touched down he went to get suited up. There was no life support in the docking area, at least.

Kole was concerned with The Azimuth’s pilot and how quickly he wanted to explore the wreckage. He had seen enough of the galaxy to know you don’t just rush into these things.

Yet, it felt like Spacer Code to never leave a man behind. So as he nudged the controls forward, he followed the ship in The Flying Bantha.

“Y’all better hope there isn’t anything still in here. Alien or not.”

Landing next to The Azimuth he began the shutdown process of his ship. While that was happening he decided to get suited up. Tightening his helmet on, he took a deep breath before opening up the cargo door.

What he was created with was a dark patch of metal, leading into black. The visibility here sucked, and he didn’t like it. On top of that, the gravity was all sorts of messed up. Turning on the magnetic bottoms of his boots, he made sure to not get lost into space.

“Everyone be careful out here. The gravity is actin weird.”

Delila Castillon Delila Castillon | Vetru Vetru | A ARS VAMI

Last edited:
Vetru Vetru || A ARS VAMI || Kole Eckttor Kole Eckttor

"Could use some good salvage. I think I'll keep an eye out for a moment, watch you guys back..."

Delila didn't get to her ripe old age by being stupid. She had grown a bit wiser through trial and error and gut instincts told her to let the men folk land first. Now she had every intention to dock and stretch her legs but if something was waiting to eat them then the other three could find out while she waited in the safety of the little ship.

Reaching down near her side, the redhead pulled out a bag of nerf jerky, adjusting the vessel into a holding pattern. Sensors stretched out far, not finding anything but the metals floating around didn't help the situations. It would be easy to hide behind large chunks of asteroids if needed.

Kole Eckttor Kole Eckttor Delila Castillon Delila Castillon

"Yeah I get that," Vetru replied of the gravity. "That there is some means there must be some power left here."

Vetru was carrying a power pack under one arm. Not everything that could be salvaged was heavy. A research station like this could have had some databank and if they'd left in a rush then there could be something valuable left behind. Hence the power pack to boot the machines up for long enough to take a look.

Vetru waved his torch towards the other ship.

"Anything on your shopping list?" he asked the woman who was apparently staying outside whilst they took a look. A wise move, unless the imperials decided to send more ships into the field. Vetru doubted they would.

Vetru Vetru || A ARS VAMI || Kole Eckttor Kole Eckttor

"No, I'll be down there in a moment. No one has screamed in terror yet, a positive sign."

She grabbed another piece of nerf jerky and listened carefully for any signs of something going wrong on the large floating station. Nothing. Screens were clear (for the moment) as well. Instinct told her the situation was far too quiet. Why didn't the Imperials pursue the small flotilla? Delila assumed the Imperial pilots would know the area well, know the pitfalls and issues within this stretch of space.

Something stopped them from coming further.

FIngernail tapped on the controls before she fully took control, easing the small little vessel towards the large station. It took a bit of skill to actually move closer, no control tower to give a path in after all. Dells was also wise enough to leave the ship on standby - a quick exit could mean the difference between life and death.

Delila exited her vessel mentally complaining about the lack of explosives she had. Seemed to be a common theme for herself lately, really needed to find someone eager to sell more incendiary goods to herself. Credits were always the issue though.

"I'm on the ground,you guys still alive?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom