Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction The Wretched Hive Auction

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge
Top Poster Of Month
The girl couldn't afford to go higher in her bids and the idea of stripping more of her armor for it's weight in aurodium and songsteel wasn't worth the trouble of forging a new. The pauldron it's self was worth near a millon or more but the assets others seemed to be putting on the table seemed more beneficial to a logical standpoint. The girl would have to possibly speak with those who run the buissness after the auction. The prices that it was going up to meant they had a good reputation. Her only reputation was an alias she could disclose openly. Instead the girl would watch from the side till the end.

(Please keep tagging me)

The Wretched Hive was no stranger to Hala and neither was Jorus.

The idea of a map to a salvage location was just enticing. If not riveting.

"Nine thousand and a Jast Freighter of choice for lot E."

Hopefully it held.

Judah was bored.

Here he was, sitting on Tatooine, watching the auction with slight interest. So far the only thing capturing his eye was with map to the Dantooine salvage fields. It could be a gold mine for him, for Salacia. Yet he was going to think on it, there was no rush.

Not at this point in his life anyways. The scruffy CEO was staring at a good thirty plus years of living alone, being on his own. His son was off across the 'verse, trying to find his own way. Marriage? That ended before it even started. So what was an old-before-his-time guy supposed to do? Wasn't like he had to be anywhere or answer to anyone.

"I wonder if Merrill has any other maps he's not telling us about..."

[member="Gorba the Hutt"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darth Pellax"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

"Sith's blood!" Kael cursed in a most politicially insensitive way as he witness Grimtaash the Molatar take down his K'lor'slug. It was not his day for Dejarik it seemed. Elsewhere in the background the Hutt and the dignitary both attempted to outdo each other with masses of credits, gemstones, and worldly pleasures. Some in the bar thought they were crazy, but Kael knew they weren't. The caveat that the Wretched Hive put up, any size meant it didn't need to be a freighter. It could be a hutt pleasure barge, or a Star Destroyer re-arranged to house diplomatic meetings. The price was set by Jorus's reputation, and just how much ship you could give him.

"Uhh. Kriff." Kael thought for a moment. "10,000 credits, a free copy of my next blaster design, a custom blaster for the owner of the Wretched Hive, and an exclusive series of blasters to be made to suit the needs of the Outer Rim Coalition Judges. And, you there!" He shouted at a waiter droid. "I need another bottle of whiskey."

Ivlyn had been watching the bid quietly. A few things had caught her eye, but she was waiting to decide when to speak up. The time to do so was about to show up. Lots A, B, and E were too good to let go.

"25,000 credits apiece for lots A, B, and E. I'll also make the addition of knowledge regardingt how to "hack" and modify bioships. I'm assuming you come across some, occasionally, and might one day need to make them work perfectly for one of your customers, or you know someone who could use it."

"Am I spending too much? I never have a good gauge for how much to spend."

She was relaxed into her seat, sipping on a mixture of coffee and liquor that she might be becoming addicted to. The hope was that 25,000 and some information was enough to match the other orders.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak coughed on his whiskey. He sat up straight, eyeing his competitor interestedly. "I'll raise Lot A to 50,000 credits." Turning to [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"] curiously, he added, "And I will pay you an additional 5k for that info."

Keric watched as bids went up. New people entered the cantina, others left, a truer intersection of the various echelons of galactic society couldn't really be found. Keric tapped a few buttons on his pad, making note of the people who were bidding and on what. If he didn't get the bids, he wanted to know who he could talk to about sharing, in the case of the map, and who to keep an eye on in the case of the ship. Something with that reach was frightening, even without weapons.

Remembering the root beer at his elbow, he grabbed it and took a slow sip, letting the anise flavor run over his tongue in a bubbly rush. He put it back down with a smile and looked at the current bids again. He currently held the highest bid for Lot C, from what he could see. Lot E was trading hands faster than a thermal detonator hot potato. He glanced at his funds, gauging how much to spend and if he needed to take more from his other accounts.

He took a second sip of his root beer, and nodded to himself.

"I'll raise lot E to 26,000 credits, and half price on all Aegis Security services for the Outer Rim Coalition for as long as either organization exists. Law Enforcement, training, executive protection, the whole deal." He said, then finished off his root beer and signaled the barkeep for another one.

[member="Gorba the Hutt"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="lady kay"] | [member="Jak Sandrow"] | [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]​

Ivlyn sent a soft smile to Jak, quirking her head. "My information is expensive, and I generally trade for it. I'm a scientist, and a noble. Money does nothing for me, except provide funding for my experiments." She said simply. Then she realized she had forgotten her manners. "Thank you for the offer, however." [member="Jak Sandrow"]

Ivlyn raised her hand. "I will raise the bid for lots A, B, and E to 85,000 credits, and the offer for my information remains." Ivlyn said simply. She gave a soft sigh, tapping her foot on the ground lightly. She really needed to catch a break here. At the last break she had gotten distracted by a fellow scientist. They both lost the bid because of that. Besides, the Mecrosa Order required her to retrieve something. Maps were important to the Order.

Jak Sandrow

He stared at his competitor with no small amount of curiosity. Raising a finger, he said, loud enough to be heard, "100K for Lot A," and added to [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"] with a small grin, "And I'll trade you your info for some of mine." A flower blossomed on his finger, and was gone in the next second, the petals whisking away into his hand.

Leading Bids
Lot A: 100,000 - [member="Jak Sandrow"]
Lot B: 85,000, bioship modding info - [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]
Lot C: 8,001, Aegis security discount - [member="Keric Dynt"]
Lot D: 20,000 - [member="Lady Kay"]
Lot E: 26,000, half price on all Aegis services - [member="Keric Dynt"]
Lot F: 150,000, chrysopaz, free trade route access for a month - [member="Lady Kay"]

Other participants: [member="Kael Rose"], [member="Judah Dashiell"], [member="Hala Jast"], [member="Darth Pellax"]

Bidding closes in 5.5 hours.

[member="Keric Dynt"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Fingers tapped against the stained tabletop. Eyes watched as the bidding on the lot he was mildly interested in was raised to 26,000. Mind wrestled with wanting to bid. There wasn't much to lose - the amount was fairly low at this point, considering the credits that could be made. He reached over and entered in the latest bid.

Lot E :

40,000 cr + One Mining Job from Sedna Mining

Vokun - no, let's be honest, at the exact moment he read the final lot, a ship made by Jorus Merrill? This was Zaiden as he was, noting that one of the Universes greatest shiprights was offering a ship.. He had come home to check the James' estates, but heard of the auction. Now he would never be happier that he had manufactured the chance to be here.

"250,000 on Lot F." Vokun paused, rubbed his chin then moved back to type more, "A half million credits alongside a return map, of the hub of the Jay'ill, a technocratic people whom held a great prowess before their untimely removal from existence - both on Lot E." Zaiden added at the end, "To be clear, I offer a map to their largest city, Tetrenzi (see locations) and the cash."

(Imagine Star Wars ships and tech meets Sierra Madre (Fallout: New Vegas). Could potentially make a few threads out of something like that, i have seen you do it. XD)

[member="Jorus Merrill"], [member="Jak Sandrow"], [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"], [member="Keric Dynt"] [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Kael Rose"], [member="Judah Dashiell"], [member="Hala Jast"], [member="Darth Pellax"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
What Lot F consisted of wasn't a ship, but free modifications of one that already had existed. Yet the bid that [member="Vokun"] put forth for it was a good one. In her mind, it was lower than the bid that she made, but that was all in the mind of the seller.

Still, she had to up the anty. "200,000 credits, plus the gemstones and trade route access as stated before for Lot F."

[member="Gorba the Hutt"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Ivlyn gave a grin to [member="Jak Sandrow"]. "Very well. We can arrange a meeting later." She looked back to the one leading the bid. It was unfortunate, but she had lost out on two lots. "If it weren't too late, I'd bit 750,000 credits on the lots formerly mentioned, except for the one I'm leading in... but it is."

WINNING BIDS

Lot A (rigger table): 100,000 - [member="Jak Sandrow"]
Lot B (salvage boat): 85,000, bioship modding info - [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]
Lot C (star yacht): 8,001, Aegis security discount - [member="Keric Dynt"]
Lot D (starfighter): 20,000 - [member="Lady Kay"]
Lot E (Graveyard of Dantooine map): 500,000, map to lost city - [member="Vokun"]
Lot F (ship modifications): 200,000, chrysopaz, free trade route access for a month - [member="Lady Kay"]

Thank you all for enjoying yourselves with me.

Keric nodded to himself. He'd lost out on the map, but got the extremely fast ship. Ideas were already sprouting in his head, but he took a moment to note down who won the other lots. He had no ill intentions for them, just wanted to make note and keep an eye on them, particularly [member="Vokun"] as he'd won the map Keric had also been bidding for.

After he had noted down the winners, he swiped and tapped at his pad until he had the funds transferred over to the Wretched Hive, and entered [member="Jorus Merrill"], The Wretched Hive, and the Outer Rim Coalition on his list of special customers at Aegis Security. He'd only promised to pay on discounts for executive protection, but instead put them down for the Aegis part of the bid he'd lost, half off of all services. He might be spending less time around ORC than he'd like, but those were still his people.

Once he'd made those changes, the server came up with his root beer, and Keric smiled a thank you. He sat for a while longer sipping the drink and watching the people.

Jak Sandrow

Standing up, he finished his drink and tipped the bartender properly. Getting the pickup ID from the seller, he tossed a card to [member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]. "Let me know where you'd like to meet up. I'll be around." He saluted the bar, and headed out to go pick up his winnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom