Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Whiskey Sodden King(Open)

Coruscant
2dd00325-1d08-468a-96ba-a9a1adbd610a_zpsa0ab1foh.jpg
Bard and Baylor's Bar
https://soundcloud.com/jasemoney/naruto-nejis-theme-dl-10-likes​

Alcohol...

One release that would always bring peace to a man like Varus, though with a temper like his it could always become something else. Something ugly and even violent. Something he'd chosen to not to indulge in for the last couple of years as he'd been gravitating to the light side of the force. He'd been drinking the night he'd met Kian Karr, a well read and considerably talented Kel Dor force user who'd ushered him down a different path from the one he'd been on. He'd been a darker and more selfish man in his youth, and despite his new direction and chose walk of life, he'd been regressing as of late.

Not a month ago he'd found himself going at other men's faces with cloth wrapped bare hands in an underground fighting ring based in that very city. He'd been going off on his own, training away from the Academy, and growing into a different man, one day at a time, and though he was still clinging to his root purpose in life, he was letting himself become something that he hadn't ever wanted to be.

All he wanted was to help people. He wanted to be around them, protect them, build them up or even carry them if he had to. He'd carry their weight if it was what was required of him. He'd bear their burdens if they couldn't themselves. He'd put himself upon the chopping block before, and he figured that it would only make sense for him to meet his end in the service of or for the better of someone weaker, but then again why would that be the case? What made them deserving of a protector? Why was his trouble even worth it?

There was nothing wrong with being a selfish man. There was nothing bad about being in life for your own benefit... was there?

The night was approaching fast as the sun slipped away behind a rain stricken, cloud covered sealine at the edge of Coruscant. It was just the type of night that was perfect for drinking, as foul weather seemed to keep most people comfortably posted up in their warm, dry homes. Others, like the kind Varus used to be, wouldn't miss the opportunity to go out to their favorite watering hole and share a drink with a few familiar faces.

That wasn't his aim that night, though, which was why he sat alone, leaning back in a chair on the back porch of a relatively empty bar. He was nursing a glass of whiskey in his hand, a water stricken hood hanging over his head and a deathstick resting next to his free hand which was attached to an arm propped up on the table next to him. He was three glasses of whiskey in, and on pace for a record that night. It was going to be an eventful evening, if he had to guess, but that was the best part about having a few drinks.

If you drank enough, even you wouldn't see what was coming next.

Sitting in the back of a bar at a table, he took a quick sip from a bottle of rum, sighing quitely. He noticed the man, [member="Varus Shatterstar"]. His vision then slowly drifted down to his alcoholic beverage and he took a quick sip. Dressed in his usual attire, sleeveless denim vest along with some ripped jeans and combat boots, the man slowly rose from the table's wooden chair and drifted over to the man, taking a seat next to him. He stared at the bar for a moment, before looking to the man. "How are ya? I doubt you give a damn but the name is Pavor. You are?" He asked, taking a quick drink from the cold bottle clutched tightly in his left hand, his right hand running through his beard.

HK 42 never normally went into a cantina since the "Tatooine incident", so this is his first time in a decade or so to entering one. He'd actually be surprised(for once) to find they DO serve droids here. with this, stunning information, he'd go up to the bar and speak to the Barkeeper

"Question: do you have any Cyanide laced Oil? and If you do, may I have some?"
"Statement: I shall pay for my drink before I leave the establishment, so thank you"

The barkeep would go off for a minute, and come back with some oil, like HK 42 had requested, and would leave to attend to some other customer

He groaned angrily, turning to [member="HK-42"]. "A damn droid? Whaddya doin' down 'ere? Shouldn't ya be off...killin' people or reparin' ships or somethin' like that?" He asked, staring at the droid with no emotion. He then suddenly burst into laughter, shaking his head repeatedly while staring at the counter of the bar. "Ah, I'm just fethin' with ya." He said, turning back to his bottle of rum.

[member="HK-42"]

HK 42 turned to [member="Pavor Clauditis"], who was clearly insulting him for being a droid, and responded to this MeatBag

"Insult:At least this droid isn't a spineless meatbag with no male genitalia when he was born"

Hk 42 would finish the Cyanide laced Oil, his choice determination unit being greatly affected by the oil, making him act like a drunken Meatbag.

He burst into laughter once more, slowly removing a hand-rolled cigarillo from a pocket on his denim vest. He slowly removed a lighter, holding it up a few inches away from the cigarillo, flicking it. He slowly moved the lighter a bit closer to the end of the cigarillo, rotating the tobacco product slightly, causing thick, blue smoke to drift up towards the ceiling, only to be swept away due to the spinning ceiling fan. He quickly took a puff from the cigarillo, holding the smoke in his mouth for a moment, before slowly blowing it out over the counter. He then glanced back towards the droid. "It was a goddamn joke, buddy! But I can see you can't take one, so how 'bout you go feth yourself? We don't appreciate your kind 'ere."

[member="HK-42"]

He felt quite appalled, Hk 42 barely did anything of the violent manner for that statement, and there was a sign that clearly stated that droids were permitted in the building but the fact that droids were hated upon made HK 42 feel the same about the Meatbags in this cantina.

"Informational Question: If Droids are hated upon here like you have made me hate the Meatbags in this cantina, then why are is there a sign outside that says the punishment for those kinds of comments will result in being removed from the building."
"Reminder: So if you wish to the continuation of your enjoyment of the establishment, keep yourself in check"

HK 42 normally never acted like this, but the Oil/Cyanide combination drink from earlier, put him on the fritz.

He groaned once more, obviously irritated. "Damn...It." He muttered quietly to himself. He glanced down to the ash tray on the bar and took one last puff from the cigarillo, then placed it in the ash tray. "Look Droid, You're really pissin' me off. Aight? So, how 'bout ya walk outta that door and find another cantina. I'm sure they got some cantinas specifically for Droids. Go look for one of 'em, as I'd like to enjoy the rest of my night. So...either go back to the hangar, find another cantina, or...You can shut your goddamn mouth!"

[member="HK-42"]

"Exclamation: You must understand, this Cantina is meant for both Droids and Meatbags, and there is no other Cantina on this planet that does this."
"Question: so why would I leave, when this Cantina is the only one that respects droids for once?"

HK 42 had been on the fritz for a short period of time, but is now starting to sober up, without the headaches and pain that Meatbags suffer through when turning sober.

He looked back to the Droid, anger on his face. "Listen...I..." He went silent, slumping down in his seat. He slowly rose once again, clearing his throat. "I apologize, aight? It was a god damn joke, I was fethin' with ya! So...What brings ya 'ere?" He asked, attempting to conceal the annoyance he was feeling at the moment.

[member="HK-42"]

HK 42 just kept looking at the man, listening to him as he apologizes for his previous actions, as HK 42 is now no longer on the fritz about anything.

"Apology: I am sorry as well, I must have a weak spot for Cyanide in my drinks."

"Explanation: I was dropped off here by my last Meatbag, after I killed someone he wanted me to, only for him to abandon me on this planet...disgusting Meatbag." [member="Pavor Clauditis"]

He nodded slowly, before glancing up to the Droid. "And...I assume you are fixin' to get some shelter. Look, I can usually be found around Correlia. Coruscant...Well, Coruscant ain't my thing. Every damn place ya look you got a chance of gettin' arrested. You see, I'm a..." He slowly lowered his voice before continuing. "I'm a smuggler. Coruscant ain't real safe for my kinda business. I only came here to refuel an' grab a drink or two. However, you ever need help...look for me on Correlia. I'll be anywhere where this is women or booze...usually both. I would share a cigar with you right now, but...you know." He then slightly tipped his hat, rising from his seat. Tossing a credit chip to the Droid, he gave a respectful nod. "I look forward to our next visit but I oughta get goin' right now...Gotta get out before them bastards search my freighter." He then chuckled lightly, exiting the cantina.

[member="HK-42"]

HK 42 watches him leave, then uses the credit chip he left behind to pay for his drink, as he exits the cantina as well, following [member="Pavor Clauditis"] to his ship, and accompanies him in further "adventures"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom