Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wheel of Fortune (SSC Dominion of The Wheel Hex)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
New Holstice Construction
[member="Taiden Keth"]
23/38

Matsu looked at Taiden and the reports as she gave a nod. Heavier metals were needed and thankfully they had a massive advantage. "Then it is a good thing we built a massive Factory ship that can make the metals we need for this endeavor isn't it?" she said it with a small chuckle to herself and because this was what she loved and enjoyed about being a jedi. The exploration, the building a newer and better worlds, the helping others. With the station here showing its biggest benefits the jedi master turned some of her attention to the reports. "Worry not Taiden there is plenty more to do and with all of the hard work that has been getting done we shall be able to construct more within all of this." She was pointing and showing it off in the massive residential area that was being working on and modules were being hooked up for the buildings. "We have even gotten the things we need for livestock cloning now as well as these." She held up the brazier and glow lights. "Specially made with a duel core power cell and energy recycler. Without tampering the charge time for them can be nearly five thousand years without a recharge... and replacing them well might never need to do that. Have these in the rooms for light and warmth will cut down severely on power consumption."

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.

"CLEAR A HOLE!"

She bellowed at the crowd of desperate patrons trying to cram through the door, and by extension blocking the broken window where the gunman had shattered when she unceremoniously pushed him through it. She couldn't tell if he was still lying on the ground or if he had decided to scramble away but as she busted out onto the walkway, she could see a blood trail and a limping man trying to act casual.

She closed the distance quickly and whipped the Dressellian around, pain on his face and blood mingling with the broken glass. He couldn't close his hand around the blaster loosely in his hand and it hit the floor. Ray shook her head at him, and drug him by the elbow back to the cantina where the room cleared out and station security had finally decided to investigate the disturbance.

That is until an obvious explosion shook the whole structure and the security detail ran out, in the direction of the rumbling as she heard Ami's voice in her ear.

::Oops? I felt that over here!::

She shoved the Dressellian into a seat, and grabbed another pair of cuffs, making sure to bind him up before she grabbed a glass of water and poured it on his hands to see if there were glass pieces that needed to be extracted from his skin. The gunman winced, swearing under his breath but Raylia held his hands firmly before she used the force to gently pull the couple of shards from his hands. Another glass of water over his hands, and wrapping them with a bartowel, she concentrated healing into his hands, to slow the blood flow and provide some relief.

One-Eye looked on, peeking out from under the table.

"Why are you helping him? He tried to kill me."

"Dead men cannot stand trial for their crimes. I believe in justice."

"And your partner?"

"I believe in him too." A wink shut up the portly captive and she looked back to the Dressellian shooter. "Who hired you and what is going on here?"

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

Objective: Centares (Fleeting)
Allies: N/A

Enemies: N/A
2/25

Over her datapad, she received word from the
Sōryū's captain that Knight had arrived. Soon thereafter, she took off from the hanger. She wasn't expecting a return to the Sōryū, and the Nirvana apparently lacked hanger space, so she departed docked with a hyper-ring just to be on the safe side. From her perspective, after using the J-1 at its full potential, it now felt like handling a clunky freighter with the hyper-ring attached - she was going to fix that soon. Still, even with the baggage, the nimble fighter whizzed through the formation of capital ships and fighters with little problem.

Now enroute to the Nirvana outside of the Republic defense envelope, she began to hail the ship on an open line:

"Sparrow to Nirvana, on approach, requesting permission to dock."

[member="Knight"]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Post 21:

Sorel kept her eyes on the captain. "I appreciate that you and your crew have many questions about me. But perhaps for the sake of simplicity, the two of us could speak privately for a moment." When she hesitated, Sorel added: "Please."

The captain glanced at everyone, then set her jaw and nodded. "I won't be long," she said.

Sorel waited until she and the captain were alone. "Thank you."

The captain scowled. "Enough of the polite jabber. Who are you, and why didn't you leave Bal'demnic aboard whatever craft brought you here?"

Sorel looked her squarely in the eyes. “I’ll be as honest as I can. I’ve stowed away aboard your vessel in the hope of obtaining your assistance in repairing my ship which goes some way to explaining why I’m not leaving on the ship that brought me here. Fortunately, I'm in a position to reward you for your help. You need only quote a reasonable price. I assure you, Captain, that I am true to my word."

"I need to know who you are before I agree to help. And since you seem reluctant to tell me, you leave me no alternative but to check with the authorities here."

"I can't permit that, Captain," Sorel told her.

The captain’s expression hardened. "I'm afraid you'll have to."

Sorel had always been aware that the captain’s blaster was primed, and now her hand reached for it.

The Jedi had believed that a deal could be arranged with the crew without revealing her identity. Sorel said simply: "Don't, Captain."

But by then the warning was too late. Sorel had been forced to show her hand. She’d activated her saber and the captain’s blaster hand was held in place by the Force.

"I’m sorry, I had hoped to conclude a deal without sharing who or what I am. It seems someone on the planet wanted me dead. Enough to destroy a sizeable and extremely valuable ore mine. And with sufficient connection to hack a military-grade mining droid. If you start asking questions about me and that information reaches the wrong ears, all of your lives are in peril. I suspect I’d be in a better position to defend myself than you — hence my desire not to put you at undue risk."

She deactivated the saber and released the captain. "If I meant you harm, I would have taken your life. Please trust me and forgive me my secrecy until this point. Hopefully you’ll appreciate my intentions were honourable."

Centares
24/38
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Knight remained there in the seat when she heard the confirmation. The one who wanted a ride was coming while she spoke looking at a few of the things. "Bring us about and extend docking arm, link up with her and let her aboard." Offering a grin on her face as she stood up. Hands running over her outfit as she straightened it going towards the airlock and the hallway. She was actually a little nervous compared to some of the things while she looked at one of the droids. "Haven't actually had guests on the ship in a long time. "Sparrow we have a docking arm ready for you at the airlock and are coming about. Welcome to the Nirvana and hopefully you will enjoy your stay on our ship." She was ready for all of it while straightening her red-pink hair.

The Captor Class Heavy Munitions Cruiser had docked at the Wheel for resupplying, a rather selfish move on Sinistra's part. The search for the Animiasma proved to be boring and the Witches were trying to her patience but the cruiser wasn't without resources to allow her to complete her own business. She had kept tabs with her team and it was a tip from Fela that had persuaded her to schedule this little stop at the infamously lawless Wheel.

Utilizing a rather extravagant gift from a previous employer, she slipped on an alchemized mask that both suppressed her force signature and allowed her to mimic the face of one of the female commandos on the cruiser. Pulling off her cloak, she revealed combat gear that matched the squad's and she stashed her cloak in the cargo bay for later. To everyone else, she looked exactly like Lt. Carly Bolero and she slipped freely off the ship, finally away from her loathsome company for at least a little while.

Sinistra had been drinking in the cantina that Fela directed her to for sometime, when the fateful meeting with the smuggler, the twi'lek and the former Republic commando went down, clearing out the bar and leaving the place in shambles. None of them recognized her but the pair she was looking for were unmistakeable. Kurayami Bloodborn and Raylia whatever the kark her name was.

Sinistra had gotten up and left with the crowd, the deal having gone south and shots fired. She didn't know what had brought the pair here to the Wheel, but she had been looking for them for sometime. Apparently, they had fallen in with the Silver Sanctum Coalition, a move she could have believed of Kurayami, but not the tall blue Twi'lek who was so blatantly Jedi, it made Sinistra nauseous.

She wandered back to the cruiser, her curiosity sated for the moment. Once this business with the Animiasma was complete, she would need to arrange a visit with Kurayami. Raylia would never stoop to a meeting with her, but she supposed there was no accounting for taste. She didn't like the blue girl either.

Pausing in the cargo bay, she swapped the alchemy mask for her normal armored one, pulling on her well worn cloak and hood to cover her attire. Passing the galley on the cruiser, she chucked a bag of loose leaf tea at the pair of Sith Witch sisters sitting at the table that she had stolen from a cart in the commotion of the violence onboard.

"Here's your damn tea."

The pair of Sith witches blinked as Sinistra retreated back to her cabin, her mind already onto the next portion of her plan.

3/25

"Thank you, beginning docking procedures."

Arisa was now within visual range of the ship. Out of curiosity, she made a quick pass around the Nirvana just to get a look with her own two eyes. The schematics and photos of the ship that she had received didn't do it justice. Huge engines protruded from the otherwise sleek silvery hull at the rear, some connected by a secondary wing structure that curved underneath the fuselage. Oversized engines like that were sure to guarantee a high level of speed and acceleration just on raw output alone, but she was aware of the host of other exotic technologies under the hood that further enhanced performance to some crazy levels. It was almost a shame that the craft was paired with a cloaking system instead of a set of armaments.

After having a look, she settled into an approach vector for docking, accelerating to match the speed of the Nirvana. She let the J-1's computer take over from there, allowing it communicate with the Nirvana to ensure a smooth docking. She felt a single small bump as her interceptor was captured by the docking arm, cockpit hatch sealed over by a tube that led to the ship's interior. With her helmet still sealed, she exited the cockpit, and began the space walk to the inner gate of the Nirvana within the tube.

Centares
[member="Arisa Yune"]
25/38

Knight felt he girl in the force and looked out the small window watching all of it as she prepared for the big reveal with Arisa arriving. She saw her arriving at the airlock and opening it up as the near seamless shell was already broken up from the arm but more then that they had the doors open to let her in. Waiting for her to go through and be all presentable in her suit the ex exarch looked over thing finally opening the inner airlock with a hiss before she was looking over some of the things. "Welcome to the Nirvana, I know she isn't what everyone wants but... she has it where it counts." Offering a grin to the girl along with her hand in the sterile hallway that was nice and cool compared to many of the places. "I am jedi knight Knight."

4/25

Past the outer gate, she was subjected to the typical process of decontamination and pressurization. When the decon process was complete, she found herself standing before Knight at the final gate that led inside the Nirvana. She took a moment to remove her helmet, then gave her senior a bow of respect, then extended a gloved hand.

"Arisa
Yune, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person."

She broke out into a big grin as she extended a gloved hand to shake with the red headed
Atrisian, though her smile was more about finally stepping foot on the impressive craft. Taking a quick glance to either side of Knight, she could see that the interior shared a similar elegant aesthetic with the hull, reminding her more of a mansion than a ship.

"The Nirvana will suit my needs just fine, don't you worry. I'll be putting her to good use."

[member="Knight"]

Centares
[member="Arisa Yune"]
26/38

Looking at her as she shook her hand looking at it. "Oh I am sure of it, first and sadly only of its design but worth it." She was looking over some of the things while attention went to it. "The Nirvana uses everything we could find, Gree navigational technology allow it to plot superior paths through space so travel is safer. The downside is you need talent in knowing how to play the notes. We've been working on upgrading it to have a more user friendly interface." She was moving through it and most of the ship was sleek with the advanced system built throughout it. The CIC of the ship was there when she arrived in it and screens were all around them, her crew setting all of it up. "The chair is designed with the controls you will be able to use for some of the more advanced flying at higher speeds then some fighters can reach." She moved towards the chair bringing up the controls and the screen with full view. "The shields are good but the advanced heat shields allow you to draw enemy ships into the gravitational and heat of the sun."

Sorel Crieff

Post 22:

Sorel’s ship was a very old modified VCX-100 light freighter. Although an extremely old vessel, it outperformed its age. With many modifications, it held its own in a dogfight and was often overlooked because of its appearance — which Sorel played upon.

Now she was guiding her helpers to its location. She remembered its approximate location and with the Force, she was able to find it without too much searching.

The fee the crew had agreed was high, but with the various pieces of cargo she kept aboard, she knew she had enough credits to cover it. Plus, she figured, they clearly believed that a friendly Jedi was preferable to having one as an enemy.

The ship needed to be uncovered from the fallen debris before a full assessment of its damage could be assessed and while the crew set to work, the droid — which turned out to be the ship’s medic — patched up Sorel’s back and she could once again move freely.

Finally the ship was free of fallen masonry and the full extent of the damage could be assessed. The whistle and tutting from the captain told Sorel the cost was going to be exorbitant.

"OK, tell me the worst..."

Raylia wouldn't get a response from Kurayami immediately, but after a bit his voice came through the comms again. It was clear just from his tone that he was a bit out of the loop mentally. Though the sound of blaster fire was surprisingly not heard at the moment. What was able to be heard though was the Wheel Security Forces making their way to where he was currently leaning against a tree catching his breath.

::Easy there sweetheart. I'm fine...ish. I mean a few grazing hits from a blaster, some lacerations from that thermal detonator you heard go boom, and a bit light headed...but that last part will go away soon. Pretty standard uh whats the word...ya know for things that usually happen? Results? Outcome? Whatever something like that yea. I swear that wasn't my fault, well partly by not really. Aw man I gotta go for now sweetie, but I promise I'll figure out some way to makee this up to you soon. Love you, Raylia::

Though he had thought he closed the channel it was clear the he had either forgotten or the comms had taken a bit of damage so that the conversation he was about to have with the officer was heard in full. To any nearby it would have been a rather entertaining scene. He was clearly not in the best of shape, but the officers seemed a bit more concerned about the other civvies and those who had been involved and may or may not have lived through the encounter in the area. As the officers approached they drew their weapons and the one who stepped forward began to question Kurayami about the scene before him.

"Officer I swear I didn't want this to happen. I mean I was chasing after this one guy who had hired a bunch of people to set me and my girlfriend up and try to kill us for some sort of shady Sith or some such. Anyways, he heard from a merc who somehow knew me from my days working in that field as well, guy had done some digging and found out my girlfriend had access at one time to Jedi Archives and had done a lot of research into Sith and Jedi artifacts. So he gave this middleman guy, One-Eye or something these four holocrons, right? Told him that they were worth millions to the right people and that I was the guy he wanted to fly them to the collectors or whatever black market place he had in mind.

Well, that was a mistake, I'm an ace fighter pilot yea, and I can fly larger ships, but man those things just handle like poodoo comparatively. Plus they are too slow, only reason I can even fly 'em is because it's in my blood as a Corellian. So yea, back to the importan stuff. We get here, sit down, start negotiations and all that kinda jazz. He tried to low ball us big time on the payment. So we tried to get a better rate, had her check that everything was authentic, but they were trying to pull a fast one on us with a bunch of fake holocrons. So we said no. As you can guess that didn't go well, One-Eye had his toughs shoot at us, but come on two Master Force users against like three street thugs and a supposed business man?

Think he's still alive unless that shootout in the cantina back there killed him, it'd be sad if it did. I actually try not to kill, not because I'm Jedi or anything, I'm more like a Grey, all about balance and stuff like that. One second officer..."

Kurayami paused and if things were quiet enough in the cantina by now then Raylia would have been able to hear him unscrewing his ever present flask of Namana liquor and take a swig from it before continuing his perhaps too detailed account of what happened.

"Right, so we get the name of the guy who hired him. Some merc named Ripper. My girlfriend decides to stay back and keep One-Eye alive and all and make sure he doesn't run away and stuff. So she did that. I had to blow a hole through the door of the cantina...now now, I know what you are thinking. Isn't a door already an opening? Yes, but so many people were trying to squeeze through that I couldn't slip through to find this 'Ripper' character. So I told them to calmly back away from the door so I could make it easier to get out for all of us. It's okay I didn't use explosives, just a Force Destruction blast, kinda like an amped up Force push. So after that Ripper figures out I'm hunting him down now, tried to kill me with an airspeeder full of innocents cause the guy was kinda a dick. It's cool though, I kept the speeder from crashing. Kept after him. Cornered him here, didn't realize there were a lot more friends of his out here. Or maybe not friends all of them because a good number shot him in the back, quite literally. So he's ya know, lying face down on the ground, last thing he does is laugh/cough and prime a thermal detonator. It went boom and threw me against a tree, and got my girlfriend angry too since she heard the boom back at the cantina. Anyways thats why there is a pile of ashes where there should be a body and why there are injured or dead guys with blasters in hand nearby. Not my fault, I was just trying to get info, and defended myself when they tried to murder me for some reason or other. I mean I can pay for damages if I have to but insurance should cover it since this place is known to be a bit of a hub for less than legal deals and all."

Truly, the story came out like the ramblings of a mad man. Or someone with severe mental deficiencies, not what you would expect from a Master of any sort, except maybe a Sith Lord, those people were usually a bit unbalanced to start with. The officers still held their weapons at the ready and the one in charge just stared ahead slackjawed at this account wondering how in the nine hells he was supposed to believe this. Kurayami's injuries did match up with the description but could this man really have been any sort of Jedi? The only clue that he could have been anywhere near telling the truth was the lightsaber in his hand. After being given a few minutes to process what he heard the captain called for logs to be sent from holocams around the area. Kurayami waited silently as the logs were sent and reviewed, drinking from his flask here and there. Wow, from an outsiders perspective he was awesome. Well, except when he was getting hit with blaster bolts and thrown back by explosives. no wonder he had a headache. The officers lowered their weapons as they watched the scene unfold, almost exactly as Kurayami described it. The captain shook his head in disbelief and they set off to recover the bodies of those who had been killed in the event as well as arrest the other gunmen involved who had survived.

While giving his account he felt a twinge of a presence whom he had once known well. IT was momentary and gone before he could place who it had been, but it was a dark one. Perhaps that had been the Sith who hired Ripper. He would have to ask Raylia about that later, if she had felt the same. If not it may be a sign of the fact his brain had been more than a bit rattled a few moments ago.

[member="Rayliav'enci"] [member="Sinistra"]

Sorel Crieff

The captain scanned her datapad. “I’ll start with the good news, the damage is all external. Now the bad news.”

In truth, Sorel expected every item that was reeled off. And she suspected the proposed cost was realistic and knew that the captain would negotiate a better price than she would from the local suppliers. They were known and she wasn’t. It was one of the reasons she chose them — they’d visited as often as any ship in the starport.

Sorel led the captain to the cargo bay of her ship and the droid followed on. Sorel waved at the various pods and crates. “Take your pick of what you think will sell for the best price here. I trust you. And if you negotiate a better price than expected, you can keep the change.”

The captain checked every container twice before deciding, She went with a selection of medical supplies, industrial lubricants and some crystals. In truth, Sorel saw most of the things in the cargo hold as clutter, so was not going to look to negotiate.

The captain indicated the pile she’d selected. Sorel nodded her agreement immediately. The captain then added an additional crate. Sorel simply nodded again.

The captain noticed this and inclined her head slightly. “I can see why you want us to do the buying.”

Sorel smiled. “In part, but you’ve been trusting with me. Now is not the time to look to drive a better deal.” And the Jedi knew that, once they left the ship with her cargo, she’d have to trust them to return with her parts. So she hoped she was a good judge of character.

With that Sorel shook the hand of the captain and patted the droid on the head. “The quicker I get the repairs done, I can find out who was responsible for all of this.”

The captain offered a grim smile in return. “If all I’ve heard about the Jedi is true, I don’t want to be in their shoes.”

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.
By the time that Kurayami had made his return to where Raylia had apprehended the Dresselian mobster and the would be smuggler, she was loudly protesting about the station security forces taking the pair into their custody and failing to recognize the jurisdiction of the Coalition in the matter of the smuggling and murders which took place on the independently aligned space station. In fact, they were threatening the twi'lek with incarceration herself for operating on the Wheel without permission of the station owner.

The best she and Kurayami were offered at the moment was to be escorted back to their ship with a stern warning while their suspects were probably going to be released. Quietly she wondered to herself exactly how much damage he had done to the station in trying to track down Ripper. The walk back down to the dock where his ship was parked was a long one and there were nothing but questions about all of this.

She didn't look at Ami as they were guided out of the cantina, their blasters and sabers confiscated until they were back at their ship. As they were pushed along the walkway, Raylia looked up at the promenade and the dock numbers.

They were going the wrong way.

Her mind brushed against Ami's as they walked, her eyes loosely drifting over the faces of passersby, and scenery.

<<Something's not right. This isn't the way to the ship.>>

Kurayami was more than a bit indignant that after they had both worked to minimize damage and casualties they were being escorted back to his hip sans their weapons. He had reason to be indignant about the lightsaber, that was very special to him, but in the end he handed it over being plenty descriptive as to their fates if they damaged it. They assured him that as soon as they reached his ship he would get everything back. He had no idea about jurisdiction in this type of case, probably because most times he wasn't under any specific jurisdiction, just working on his own.

Raylia wasn't even looking at him and he knew something he had done made her less than happy, she rarely gave him the cold shoulder otherwise. He wasn't entirely sure that his ship was this way though. The shops seemed different and the dock numbers all looked wrong. Had he been through here already? He could have sworn this whole area was new to him.

As the pieces were slowly falling into place he felt Raylia's mind brush his own and heard her warning. Well she caught on faster than he did about this. Wrong way. That couldn't be a good thing.

<<I was starting to get a similar feeling. This all was looking new to me. I can't imagine this has a great ending though. I'm going to be making this up to you for a long time, huh Ray?>>

[member="Rayliav'enci"]

5/25

She perked up
at the mention of the advanced navigation system. That feature in itself could prove to be invaluable. With many of the space lanes into the northwest and southwest quadrants controlled by the Sith or Mandalorians, new routes were needed to cut down supply lines. Searching for new lanes was a dangerous though, one could fine themselves running smack dab into the middle a black hole.

She followed Knight to the CIC, taking in all the sights of the corridors. It was all so nice, she wasn't used to this level of luxury aboard such a large vessel. The CIC itself didn't surprise her much though, specifically the chair. Kiribian warships had a similar setup, though they operated on much more ubiquitous tech. She had no experience with Gree technology, so she was probably facing a steep learning curve here.

"Before we continue, I need to contact the squadron and let them know that I made it here safe."

Over bio-comm, she made direct contact with the squadron commander to update them on her situation. With the Jedi's recommendation, the captain gave her permission to move the ship within the defensive envelope.

"Captain Minerva will allow the Nirvana to take position behind the
Sōryū. I don't expect this ship will see action, but I'd still like a crash course on its operation if you're up to it."

[member="Knight"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom