Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kashyyyk was a verdant world with a rich (if relatively recent) Jedi tradition, thanks to the presence of the Silver Jedi on the planet. Starlin had parked his ship at the Silver Rest, but didn’t spend much time there before he headed out into the wilderness, bringing his gaggle of padawans along with him.

Eliphas, Starlin’s first apprentice, had been through this lesson before. Starlin still invited him along, but since he wasn’t back to full strength yet and his hoverchair was ill-suited to the rough terrain, he was under no obligation to come. For the others, this trip was mandatory.

My master and I would stay down here for days or even weeks,” Starlin told Ceri, Makko, and Tenn as they were lowered down into the Shadowlands on a wooden platform. The further they went, the darker it became, until they could barely see their hands in front of their faces. “I learned how to survive in the wild and to withstand whatever pain or discomfort I had to. But I won’t subject you to all that just yet. Instead, we’ll be heading out to the weather machine. I’m going to teach you how to alter the environment.

banner14.png

SPARKY
SHADOWLANDS | KASHYYK
TAG: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Makko Vyres Makko Vyres | Tenn Kalos | Lief Lief

ceridiv.png

banner12.png

BREAK THE RULES

Kashyyk.

Ceri had learned so much of it in the time before she became an actual Padawan. It fascinated her. Mostly because of the animals, mind you. Anything with animals always fascinated her.

So when Starlin said they were actually going there, Ceri couldn't contain her excitement. Maybe she'd be able to befriend a creature and bring it home with her. That would be awesome. Provided Starlin allowed another animal onboard. They were already becoming a dog shelter on the Bright Knight, which just made Ceri even happier.

It was hard not to bounce with excitement at this field trip as the platform started lowering them to wherever Starlin wanted them to be. But the darker it got around them, Ceri's bubbliness subsided. She'd read about the Shadowlands way back when. It wasn't exactly a friendly place.

But at least she wasn't alone.

I learned how to survive in the wild and to withstand whatever pain or discomfort I had to. But I won’t subject you to all that just yet. Instead, we’ll be heading out to the weather machine. I’m going to teach you how to alter the environment.

Those last words piqued her interest. First learning how to cast spells with music and now altering the environment? This was epic! It made her almost forget about the dark around them.

"You mean we'll be able to cause it to rain and stuff?" she asked him.

Tenn Kalos

T
Tenn had never been to Kashyyyk before. He didn't really know anything about it, and had never even really been to a planet like it before. Lush, verdant jungles were only pictures in a holo, until now. He'd also never had a bonafide master before, but Starlin for all his eccentricities, bothered to give him the time of day. His fellow padawans were unfamiliar to him, and he kept mostly to himself on the trip here. It felt like joining the Order all over again, with him being the outsider coming in.

Shep was here, at least. The charhound bounded along faithfully beside Tenn, happy to explore such a natural environment himself. Even as they descended further into the Shadowlands, though Tenn was more skeptical, "Weather? I can't even see five feet in front of me, dude— Master." He quickly corrected himself. As if on cue, Shep belched a gout of flame that illuminated the surrounding area for a brief moment, fading just as quick. But the energy radiating from beneath his flesh created a faint warm glow, that at least gave their eyes a light to reflect, even if it all it did was make it easier to know where Tenn was stepping next.

Denon had been an urban forest kilometers deep, but even the darkest depths were lit by neon through all hours of the night.

Starlin had a habit of taking him into situations that he was unprepared for. Even a trip to visit his friend had involved a close call with a monster kept on his ship.

"Could we learn how to control the weather..."

Makko looked back up. There was no sign of the sky above them.

"...somewhere with some...weather?"

"You mean we'll be able to cause it to rain and stuff?"

And thunder and lightning, hail and snow…

"Weather? I can't even see five feet in front of me, dude—Master."

Well, you could make a light source with the Force, dude,” Starlin suggested. “Or fire, but that’s not really safe in the middle of the woods.

The lift came to a stop and Starlin stepped off. “And we don’t want to attract the attention of dangerous critters by carrying around lights. So, we’re going to use the Force to see,” he said, waiting for them on the ground. It was dark enough that he wouldn’t even need to blindfold them. “Your eyes can deceive you. Down here, they’re useless. Close them and rely on the Force to tell you where things are.

"Could we learn how to control the weather..."

Makko looked back up. There was no sign of the sky above them.

"...somewhere with some… weather?"

Starlin laughed. Judging by the sound, he was already moving on, heading deeper into the Shadowlands. “Forest’s not as thick over by the ruins, you’ll see. Come on.

banner14.png

SPARKY
SHADOWLANDS | KASHYYK
TAG: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Makko Vyres Makko Vyres | Tenn Kalos

ceridiv.png

banner12.png

BREAK THE RULES

Ceri stifled a chuckle.

Both the boys were skeptical about altering the environment. She guessed she couldn't blame them in this darkness, but she was too excited about learning this new ability to care about technicalities. Their Master was eccentric sure, but he didn't teach them useless stuff. Everything he had taught her so far, had come in handy one way or another.

She did, however, think that Shep was adorable by trying to make light for them. Not the wisest thing according to Starlin, but she would have ruffled the charhound's ears if she could see her hands, nonetheless. She was so darn happy to have another friend on the ship as well as another pet. She'll win him over like she did Mirar. Easy peasy.

But for now, she did what Starlin said and closed her eyes from the small bit of light that emanated from Shep and completely relied on the Force to lead her further, following her Master.

Forest’s not as thick over by the ruins, you’ll see. Come on.
As she followed him with Force Sight, her forehead scrunched.

"How's that possible, though? We're pretty deep down, aren't we?"

Tenn Kalos

T
Well, you could make a light source with the Force, dude,

"Could I?" Tenn asked sarcastically. At his skill level, decidedly, he could not. He didn't even know it was possible until Starlin just mentioned it. Though he was also quick to mention that light could very well attract some unsavory critters down in the Shadowlands. Tenn looked at Shep, the only source of light around, and as if on cue the beast let his internal temperature drop down until it was all dark again.

Their lift came to a stop, and Starlin affirmed a reliance on the Force. Begrudgingly, Tenn shut his eyes, and focused on the amplification of his others senses through the Force. Together they coalesced, and created a vague, impressionist outline of his surroundings, "Huh," Tenn muttered, following with careful, awkward steps.

Forest’s not as thick over by the ruins, you’ll see.

"We will?" Poor choice of words, he thought. "What ruins?"

"Could I?"

"Yeah!" Starlin responded to Tenn's sarcasm with unbridled enthusiasm.

"We will?"

"We shall."

"How's that possible, though? We're pretty deep down, aren't we?"

"Girl, do I look like an expert in ancient Kashyyyk ruins?" Starlin waved his hand vaguely. "I dunno. It's magical ancient technology or some chit. All I know is that my master took me there when I was a padawan, and I brought my first padawan there, and so far none of us have died, so I'm gonna keep on bringing people there to learn how to make it rain, baby."

"What ruins?"

"Those ruins." They couldn't see it, but Starlin was pointing straight ahead.

What they could see was a large and mysterious clearing. Nothing could seem to grow within the bubble, not even the branches of the trees around it. Sunlight was able to pass through, however—and naturally, the forest fauna was drawn to the light. The area was swarmed with life, vividly detectable in the Force. Many of the critters were fighting each other either in self-defense or so that the winner could eat the loser afterwards.

Starlin continued to lead his padawans forward. At least, until he felt a warning tingle from the Force. "Time to put that lightsaber practice to good use!" he called, grabbing his hilt right before a giant spider dropped down on top of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom