Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Unexpected Visitor

The Wayward Sith

Dromund Kaas... Jorel had never been to the planet before today. It was the heart of the Sith Empire; a fact that kept Jorel far, far away. Many were unaware of his connection to his master, but those who recognized him would likely want to see him dead. His master was a heretic, after all, and the Sith Empire had no time for heretics. Yet, here he found himself, in the heart of their empire, sneaking through the halls of a prominent family.

He had heard that the matron of the household had perished, leaving them vulnerable. He had also heard of their extensive library, and the countless pages of esoteric knowledge therein. Always the academic, Jorel couldn't resist the urge to investigate. Furthermore, with the matron of the family dead, Jorel wasn't willing to see such knowledge fall directly into the hands of the Empire. After all, some things were better left unknown...

He had an easy enough of a time getting past the guards, despite their unique nature. He had grown very skilled at cloaking his presence within the Force, and it would take someone of at least considerable power to detect him. It was one of the first things his master taught him, as well as the importance of such a skill. These teachings indeed served him well. He moved through the halls of the estate quietly, making sure to not attract attention. That was, until he felt a strong energy within the Force. Someone was approaching, and it wasn't just another guard...

370d9lz.png

"And what of the ones that left? Are they settled?" It'd only been a week since her mother's death. A vast change, for all in the estate. Her family and the guards. They were fewer than they normally would have been. Easily taken advantage of as they tried to cover the gaps in the perimeter. Alina walked with the head of the Guard, discussing the current state of things. Where those that chose to leave reside in their new freedom. How they're adjusting, if they are.

So far, they weren't.

She paused midstep however. A scent. A person. Faintly glowing yellow eyes narrowed as her gaze fell to where Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan was hiding. She felt nothing. No life, no flow in the Force. Someone was hiding. If it wasn't for the smell of blood pulsing in his veins. "See to it they're not left without blood. They'll never adjust otherwise." The guard saluted quickly before stepping away. Alone, now, the young Knight stepped closer to where she smelled.. Someone.

"Come out, now."

The Wayward Sith

Jorel was caught off guard by the acknowledgment of his presence. He knew he couldn't be sensed through the Force, and yet, he was still discovered. This individual must have had other ways to sense a person. He almost didn't want to adhere to their wishes, but, ever the curious individual, he complied. Slowly moving from behind a nearby pillar, he stepped into the light, in view of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru .

Ah, a Sangnir... Jorel had heard of their kind before, but had never seen one before coming to the estate. There was something about this one. Something set her apart from the others. Perhaps she was older, or stronger than the guards he had seen. From the way she carried herself, he could have only guessed that she was connected to the family who owned the estate. Unsure what this meant for him being discovered, he kept a hand on one of his lightsabers as he moved out of the shadows.

"Apologies for the intrusion. I wasn't aware that this place would still be so... occupied."

He knew that he'd have to choose his words carefully. There was a strong air of the Dark Side around this person, and it was good practice to watch one's words around a fellow darksider. He debated attempting to leave, but the idea was quickly dashed aside. It would only bring more unwanted attention, and would only exacerbate the situation. At this point, the only way out was through.

Jorel gave a slight bow of the head as he approached.

"Jorel Kaan, at your service."

370d9lz.png

A.. Chiss? Alina's eyes narrowed further. She knew no Chiss that had business with her departed mother. And he was hiding. Too many flags for her to ignore. She palmed her own blade, obviously warry that this was some kind of assassin. Perhaps someone didn't appreciate the fact she'd killed the former Lady Tremiru.

It was hard to tell his intentions. Between not feeling him in the flow and how calm he was, well. Anyone would be on edge with a stranger in their home like that. "Alina Tremiru. I lead this household." Technically true. She was next in line, and there was no one to oppose her. "Why exactly are you here, Jorel." It wasn't even a question. Neither was it born from authority. It was almost a threat, flirting that line.

"The estate is not open to visitors."

The Wayward Sith

Jorel took a moment to study Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru as she spoke. He could tell she was telling the truth; the conviction in her words made that apparent enough. He saw her hand move to her lightsaber as the words left her lips. Not wanting to escalate the situation further, he slowly moved his hand away from his own lightsaber.

"Ah, Lady Tremiru it is, then. In that case, consider my apology doubled."

He gave a proper bow this time, attempting to make his presence less threatening to his unexpected host. To further make his intentions known, he opened himself to be sensed through the Force. There was no need to hide his true nature at this point. He allowed the Force to swirl around him, as if it were water flowing back into an empty stream.

He was unsure what to make of the situation. He was still in the middle of the Sith Empire, and revealing himself opened him up to potential trouble. It was a gamble, but it was worth taking. Perhaps he could turn the situation to his favor, regardless of the current twist of events. Nevertheless, if he was wrong... it could prove to be a major, major problem for him.

"I am a seeker of knowledge, and a practitioner of the Force. I heard the news, and of your extensive library. I came here to ensure that the knowledge therein didn't fall into the wrong hands. After all, transitions of power within a prominent family can be a rather tricky endeavor, and the ranks of the Sith are filled to the brim with opportunists."

He took a single step forward, attempting to show a genuine demeanor. He was telling the truth, but that didn't mean that his words would be believed. He needed to make it clear that he meant no harm in his arrival at the estate.

370d9lz.png

"You were here to hoard that knowledge for yourself, then." Not that she was annoyed by this. If anything, she understood and respected the initiative. If she hadn't been where she was, it was likely Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan would have made off with just about anything he wanted. Still, his hand fell away from his saber, so she followed in turn. A tenuous cease fire at best.

"Well, I suppose while you're here, why don't we go see the library? I would be remise to not allow you after all this effort. And you can tell me how you snuck in, in return. I'd like to improve my defenses so another wayward being doesn't sneak in again."

The Wayward Sith

Jorel allowed himself to loosen up slightly as Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru moved her hand away from the saber hilt. He was a very capable duelist, but that was not the objective today. Today, he only sought knowledge.

"If that would keep the text out of the wrong hands, then yes. My master has an academy with its own library, so I was intending on bringing the texts there, if need be."

It felt strange to mention his master, considering how long it had been since they last spoke. Jorel had left the Petrite Order behind, but he would always find himself connected to it. They had been like a family to him, and he didn't take such bonds lightly. In this war-torn galaxy, friends and allies seemed to be in short supply.

He was slightly caught off by the offer to see the library. Considering that he had just been caught attempting to break in, Jorel wasn't expecting to just be given access to it, company included or not. Nevertheless, he wasn't one to refuse such an offer.

"By all means, after you."

He moved to her side as he continued.

"As for how I got in, well, to the credit of your guards, I did have to be careful. I noticed that they may have been able to sense my presence, if not through the Force, then by other means. Luckily for me, they seemed to be spread a bit thin at certain points. It all came down which gap was closest to the library."

He took a moment to point at a nearby door down the hall. Normally he wouldn't reveal his maneuvers to a stranger, but he felt no need to be secretive in this scenario. There was always a chance that he was being led into a trap. Her move away from her lightsaber could have been a temporary one, but it did move. For now, it seemed that perhaps the tension was lifted.

"My condolences for the death of your mother, by the way."

Jorel wasn't sure what the circumstances were surrounding the death of the former matron of the house, but he figured it would be best to acknowledge it. He wasn't going to be a rude house-guest, after all, so it seemed appropriate to mention it sooner rather than later.

370d9lz.png

Alina bowed her head slightly and lifted an arm. "Right this way." Then she turned on a heel to guide Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan through the estate. In truth, it was a bold move. He'd already proven to be stealthy, and if he was an assassin turning her back was the sort of thing that'd leave her exposed. Or perhaps that was the intention. A show of confidence in her own power that she wouldn't be so easily taken down.

Or arrogance. So many different things it could be.

The path to the library was a longer one. They had to go through the estate to the study above. And even then there didn't seem to be an entrance to the library visible.
"I'll be sure to thicken those walls when I can." She mused idly as she brought up a palm towards one of the bookshelves. A sharpened nail cut her palm before she used the blood to touch various books. Then the doorway opened.

"I killed my mother. There is no need for condolences."

The Wayward Sith

Jorel was slightly surprised that Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru had turned her back to him. It was a bold move, considering the circumstances under which they met. It seemed she had enough confidence in her skill to do so. He followed closely behind as they made their way to the study.

"A smart move. After all, students of the Force can be rather tricky individuals."

He was impressed with the measures taken to secure the location of the library. He admittedly hadn't thought about the possibility of a hidden room, and was slightly kicking himself for not considering it. He was genuinely impressed with the work done here.

Jorel was slightly taken aback by her candid nature regarding the death of her mother. He wasn't letting it show, but he wasn't exactly ready for the comment. Then again, he wasn't completely surprised either. She was Sith, after all, and Sith don't flinch at such situations.

"I see, well in that case, no condolences given."

He took a moment to watch note the process of opening the door. It was a new method to him, and he was definitely curious as to how it functioned. Upon the opening of the door, he turned to his host.

"So would it be safe to assume that you seek to elevate yourself further?"

He wasn't trying to probe more than was allowed, but he was rather intrigued by this individual, so he couldn't help but to ask.

370d9lz.png

"I plan to do as any Sith should. Bring all others underneath my rule." She felt absolutely no need to hide her intentions from the intruder. Thus far, he'd only proved he might not even be of the Empire. Or, perhaps, she just wanted to tell someone her goal. Alina lead the way down into the first room. A training room of sorts. Recently cleaned by the smell. She lead the way through it to another door.

"The library is a physical one. Be careful with the tomes." She opened the door to what was literally a library. Rows of tomes lined the walls and shelves, with some artifacts and holocrons randomly scattered within. "Do you have anything specific you might like to see?"

Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan

The Wayward Sith

Jorel continued to be surprised by the candidness of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru as she spoke. He grew even more intrigued by her statements. Was she planning to eventually move against the Empire? He had no love for the Empire, and would be most interested in finding if she shared some piece of his views.

"Ah yes, the inevitable goal of all Sith. Ultimate power. I wonder... what would your precious emperor think about these aspirations?"

He noted the cleanliness of the training room as they passed through it. It appeared that his host was meticulous, thorough... qualities to be admired. As they passed through the door to the library, Jorel found himself rather surprised. He hadn't expected so many physical tomes in the library. After all, it wasn't often that one found this many in one place. He took a moment to gather his thoughts in the aftermath of his moment of awe.

"I am curious to learn more of this planet's history, particularly its relation to that of the Sith."

He turned to her as he continued.

"I am also most curious to learn more of your family. Are you the first Sangnir of your line?"

370d9lz.png

She lead the way down the numerous hallways between the shelves until turning somewhere near the middle to one completely full of books. She nodded in that direction before turning to look back at Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan . "Down this way has the history of my family and what they know of Dromund Kaas. We've lived here for centuries, so I imagine there is a lot to learn." It hadn't been something that interested Alina before, but now, given her virtual immortality, it did now.

"I am the first, yes. Only, asides from the Guard. It's a fairly.. Recent, development."

The Wayward Sith

Jorel was impressed with the sheer vastness of the library. He hadn't seen such an impressive display of knowledge since his last day at the academy. He took a moment to run his hand along a row of books, taking in the ages of knowledge that lingered at his fingertips.

"Would you say you were born into the Sith?"

He was curious, as he himself had almost been born into the path he currently walked. He had some semblance of a childhood, but he was so incredibly young when he met his master. At times, it felt as if he had been a Sith his whole life. Years spent training, studying... he couldn't help but to wonder what life would have been like if he never discovered his ability to manipulate the Force.

"I'd imagine that the change has made your guards more... malleable. Loyalty is hard to come by, after all, especially within the Sith."

He picked up one of the books, thumbing through it as he continued.

"The Sith seem to constantly be stepping over each other, even more so these days. I wonder... how long do you think the Empire really has?"

He knew it might have been a problematic question to ask, but he felt no harm in testing the waters. He had spent many years away from the greater galaxy, but he was aware of the constant fighting along the Empire's borders. It seemed like new enemies were manifesting almost every day. Jorel couldn't help but to sense a hint of inevitable destruction on the Empire's horizon.

370d9lz.png

"I most certainly was, though the path my mother wanted was to become little more than a trophy wife to one of her allies. The path I'm on I carved for myself." She herself started to thumb through some of the books. She hadn't been able to make an excuse to truly search through the library yet, so Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan 's arrival was more beneficial than she thought. That, and it made it easier for her to hide her thoughts and expressions by occupying her mind with the information.

"My family has altered and subjugated them for generations. My blood has freed them. Those that remain do so of their own free will, and there is no loyalty stronger than that."

The book snapped shut at his next question, however. A frown settled on her lips as she looked to the Chiss once more.

"The Empire's foes throw themselves uselessly against it. Shattering themselves in the process. If they were actually winning, I might be more worried. But my allegiance isn't to an absentee Empress or Dark Lord. These other Sith factions.. The Worm's goal is to reignite the Sith's desire for growth. It's why I plan to kill him and take his power as my own. These.. Warlords though. A group of cowardly Sith hiding from their enemies behind the Empire. Lords who left little more than Acolytes to fight the wars that would have been theirs."

Alina turned from him again to set the book back and find another. Preferably one with more information on the beginning of her family. No such luck, however, so she settled for a tome speaking about some of the more.. Occult rituals.

"I fight for the future of the Sith. The young and learning that have been left as fodder for these New Imperial traitors to slaughter."

The Wayward Sith

Jorel was impressed with the ambition within this mysterious Sith. His master's teachings had been rather... unconventional, and as such were not centered around such ambitions. It was a rather refreshing experience for Jorel to meet a proper Sith. He continued perusing the pages of the tome as he spoke.

"I have found that carving one's own path is the only way to ensure true progress."

It was why he had left his master in the first place. As much as he took his master's teachings with him, he still yearned to make his own way through the galaxy. There was a sort of hunger he felt. Perhaps it was for power, or perhaps it was simply a desire to establish his own identity.

"I am inclined to agree with you. Loyalty by choice is often the most pure and unwavering."

His head quickly turned to Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru as the book slammed shut. It appeared as if he may have struck a nerve. He wasn't unsure if it were because she believed that the Empire would endure, or because she wanted to believe it. Either way, he was curious about her reasoning.

"Perhaps you are right, but every empire eventually crumbles, does it not? And it seems as though the Empire has new enemies appearing at every turn. I have not encountered these other Sith factions, but I imagine they aren't much different, at the end of the day. The Sith are destined to constantly usurp and undermine until the next would-be Sith'arii comes along."

He placed the book back on the shelf, taking another and browsing its contents.

"I have to ask... what makes you think that your powerbase would be different?"

He didn't mean it as a jab, but more of a genuine question. He had often heard darksiders talk of aspirations of forging a new future for the Sith, but they often ended up being no different from the current Sith lords that dominated this part of the galaxy. He had, in some part, been searching for those who might actually have something new to offer their brethren. Perhaps he had finally found one. He would know soon enough.

370d9lz.png

"To be Sith is to adapt and become stronger. If the Empire falls, it'll be replaced by something stronger, of that I am sure." Truthfully, she'd have no issue if the Empire fell. So long as it didn't bring the new generation of Sith down with it. The next question caught her off guard. What made her different. What truly did make her different from any other Sith trying to take control of the rest? What future could she bring that could usher in a new age of Sith?

It wasn't a topic she'd had time to think about with all the ongoing wars. Only that she needed to craft her own, and quickly.

"I don't have an answer. Am I truly different from other Sith in my position? Or am I one of the masses, trying to step above? With so many wars, I haven't had the time to learn the philosophical side of the Sith as I would have liked. Though, I suppose what I do know is I've every intention of bringing these false Sith'arii to their knees and show them just how mortal they truly are. We are not gods, and I've no intention of being worshiped as one."

Her gaze shifted back to the Chiss, a curious brow lifted on her face. "What of you? What makes a Sith different?"

Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan

The Wayward Sith

Jorel was rather intrigued by her answer. He hadn't spent time fighting wars or winning duels against other Sith. He hadn't experienced the chaotic state of the Sith since he was a child. It seemed that his host had experienced quite the opposite, having experience with the pandemonium of war, but not having the time to study as he had.

"I admit, I am unfamiliar with the ways of war. I am quite capable of defending myself, but much of my training was centered on the more philosophical aspects of the Sith."

He placed the book on the shelf, pulling yet another and inspecting its contents.

"To answer your question, calling the false Sith'arii what they are is certainly a start. If a true Sith'arii were to exist, I highly doubt they would see themselves as a deity. I also doubt that they would have to rely on armies to fight battles for them. I was taught to immediately question and Sith lord who claimed to be such a figure. One of the many reasons why my master isn't exactly popular among his peers."

He broke his gaze from the book to meet hers.

"If you were to ask him, he would propose that the Sith are misguided. Lost, even. He would say that a true Sith would understand the need to control their passion, and learn to channel it in a more refined way. As for myself, I would say that intention makes a Sith different. We all hear the call of the Dark Side, and we have all chosen to respond with an open embrace. Many become slaves to its will, however, and that is what creates the atmosphere of betrayal. The Dark Side is a powerful tool, but people who don't respect its nature tend to lose themselves in it. That's how we get Sith with such heightened delusions of grandeur."

He knew that some of his words might be unsettling to Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , but he wasn't about to be dishonest to his host. There were many places where he would be met with the tip of a lightsaber with such comments, but he felt no such hostility from her. Perhaps it was a false sense of security, perhaps not. Either way, the words were said, and there was no changing that.

370d9lz.png

"It is a Sith's duty to be in control of their own fate. I happen to agree with you, pretty strongly. The Sith who see themselves as gods, powered by the dark. They forget what it was like not to have such power. Or worse, they never knew. Such beings need to be reminded how truly mortal they are if they don't stay in control."

Alina paused for a moment, then nodded once.

"I suppose that's the common theme of my ideals. To teach the new generation of Sith true control, instead of the mindless obedience to those who demand respect without earning it." She hummed lightly as she set down the next tome. Pausing to think. Then she offered a fanged smile to Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan .

"You make good company. You are welcome to use the front door next time you'd like to see the library. Perhaps when I learn how I will be different, I can ask for your assistance to bring the Sith under one rule again."

The Wayward Sith

He had to admit, he wasn't sure what her response would be. That being said, he was pleasantly surprised at her similar outlook on the state of the Sith. Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru was turning out to be quite the fascinating individual.

"Yes, control is indeed important. Without it, we risk becoming no more than egomaniacs. Besides, understanding our own weaknesses can allow us to adapt and grow in strength. It is the only way for us to actually move forward without falling prey to the trappings of the ego."

He met her smile with one as his own as she spoke.

"You as well. I would very much like that. Feel free to call on me if you need assistance. I think I might be spending a bit more time in the Empire, so I certainly will be around should you require my presence."

He took a moment to look once again at the vast array of books before him. So much knowledge... it would take years to ingest it all. He ran his fingers across the books until he found another, a commentary on different schisms to happen within various orders of Force users.

"You mentioned these Warlords... tell me, do you think they pose a threat to the Empire?"

370d9lz.png

"The Warlords are indeed a threat. As annoyed as I am with them and their cowardice, they're full of powerful Lords. And they have a focus. Destroying the Empire to take power for themselves. Until the Empire falls, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Though, once they loose that common desire, they'll likely destroy themselves with their own greed."

Alina paused, then sighed. Truthfully, she didn't want either to happen. It'd only lead to more death of the young for the pride of the old. Her cold demeanor faded for a moment, showing the exhausted barely adult girl she was before she resumed the mask and looked back to Jorel Kaan Jorel Kaan . "I appreciate the offer, truly. I very much look working with you when the time comes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom