Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Underground "Highway"

Ok ever since we moved into the outback I have always had a RP issue, how would I reasonably be able to travel to and from the outback for RP stories in a resonable amount of time.

Then I had an idea, the Ret'lini S-thread boosters we used to get to Demonsgate so quickly are still where we left them.

What if after we moved in we "rigged" them so we could used them from time to time to get in and out of the area, basally a RP secret highway made by taking complex tech and using it well past it's designed expiration date.

This honestly seems like a totally Underground thing to so and would give as a small edge against the baddies we fight.

Limits with these things are they can not be used with big capitol ships so again very us.

Idea is it would take the trip from 2+ months with a class 1 hyperdrive to just under a month...

Thoughts?

[member="Bryce Bantam"] - It might work. And I leave it to the majority opinion. But part of the appeal to me of the Outback is the remoteness. The increased travel times, etc... Sort of a nice little warding gesture for aggressors to not toy with us.

Plus, the Aing-Tii may or may not like us doing that. Or a LOT of local systems... It's feasible, with dev, but I don't know I'm a fan of it.

Noah Bright

N
To take a note from The Book of Sarge. Chapter 1, verse 8.

"Oh my son. Remember remember. Ye must never touch the stone you're not supposed to touch." :p

Space lanes would be faster, which cuts down on fuel costs, thus saving money for cash strapped Outback.

Perhaps just a central one leading to a trading outpost/industrial like planet? Leaving everything else untouched.

Kaili Talith said:
Did you get the name from The Underground Railroad? :p
NAH, it was a completely original idea, copyright pending... ;)

In all actuality I could see this more as a smugglers route, quicker but filled with danger and stuff, give it character and not make it like a freeway that bypasses all the interesting stuff in the outback, one of those (use at your own risk) things.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Glavo Pahro"] [member="Kira Vaal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom