Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Two O'Clock to Etti IV

The new system [member="Itash Mecetti"]'s company had installed was, she had to admit, very handy. At the touch of a button she could pull up the security feed from the waiting room, see exactly who (or what) was her next appointment. No more surprise giant whipids or raptors. Oh, she had handled all of that just fine, but this was significantly better and let her decide in advance how to approach something rather than on the fly. Just having a few minutes before someone walked into her office was useful.

Today?

A Rodian.

Cass sighed.

But business was business.

"Send him in," she said through the comm, letting go of the button as she stood up. She settled a pleasant, friendly smile on her face, but did not come out from around her desk.

When the door opened, she allowed her smile to widen slightly as she gestured a welcome.

"Welcome to GenPals. My name is Cassandra Paige. Please, take a seat and we can discuss business, yes?"

[member="Jorco Czeku"]

The Rodian today dressed in a more formal manner then he normally would since he'd be visiting a fellow business executive. He was still getting used to the corporate world. One day he was a typical mob leader and the next he was a company CEO. But he'd act on his best behavior as he normally did. After being told that he could come in he'd head into her office. As he approached her he did the typical Rodian salute to show her respect, by putting a hand over his chest. "Lo beena eh kelo Cassandra Paige, Kee ano na." (Good afternoon Miss [member="Cassandra Paige"] , it's a pleasure to meet you.) Jorco said in his native tongue before taking a seat.

"Or perhaps Galactic Basic is best, yes?" He figured he wouldn't want him speaking Rodian, especially if she didn't know it. "I'm Jorco Czeku, and yes, let us discuses business. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I we're having this meeting because my request a a little less conventional." The Roidan asked.

Oh lords preserve her, he was speaking his native language.

At least, she assumed that's what it was. Cass didn't speak Rodian, nor did she intend to learn. It was easy enough to make an educated guess about what he said, so she smiled and nodded, settling down in the chair behind her desk while motioning for him to sit as well.

"I try to meet with all clients who have.... specific needs, Mister Czeku," she said with a smile.

"Your initial inquiry was about a miniature Ghest, yes? It is not a species we have previously worked with, but I have been informed that a sample could be procured."

Her staff had in fact said 'easy to procure' but that was unnecessary information.

"The details, however, are important," she said, pulling up a custom order form that floated as a hologram above her desk. "Can you tell me more about, beyond the size, what you would want in a miniature Ghest? Behavior, for instance? Something exactly as a native creature would be very simple to make, but might make a disappointing pet, you understand, so I do not want to make any assumptions without discussing such things with a client first."

[member="Jorco Czeku"]

The Rodian nodded and listened intently to her. He did feel thankful for her spending some her time to meet with him about this, "Yes, I understand what you mean Miss Paige. I do believe that just a miniature Ghest would make for a lousy pet. Especially if the behavior was the same. The little thing would probably try to eat my leg, or anything else it could get its claws on." He said with a bit of a chuckle.

"I take it that you know ghests are native to Rodia, which is mainly why I asked for this more custom order, something to connect me more with my people's home world." Jorco then proceeded think of what could be appropriate for a pet ghast.

"So I'd say it's good to give it a more cooperative, and friendly nature. Something that's important to any domesticated species. However, I don't wish for a pet ghest to be too out of the ordinary. It's nice to keep that sense of it not just being some trophy pet, yes?"

[member="Cassandra Paige"]

"All sensible things," she added in smoothly.

Internally she rolled her eyes. Of course it would be a creature native to Rodia. Why else would someone want such an ugly creature? At least the abomination she'd made for [member="Velok the Younger"] had.... had a point? A purpose? Or something she supposed.

Okay, compared to that, this wasn't that bad.

And there was no accounting for taste, she discovered again and again.

"Do you require just one? Or will you be ordering several? We will do our best to create something.... true to the species, for the sake of that connection, while also making it more pleasant as a companion animals."

[member="Jorco Czeku"]

Once more the Rodian listened to her intently. Feeling glad she seemed to understand where he was coming from. "Ah, I'm glad you're...how do you say...picking up what I'm putting down, yes?" Jorco said with a bit of a chuckle. Feeling as thought they're wasn't much else to discuss about a custom ghest pet from her company, the sleazy alien figured he shouldn't waste the opportunity to speak with a company owner like her.

"Miss Paige, my apologies if this isn't very appropriate, but as a fellow business executive weather or not I could make an offer for you. After all you're providing a service for me, I would think it's only fair I propose something to you." He hoped that she wouldn't just see him out. But something inside the Rodian gave him the impression that this was a women lacking morals. "Perhaps I could return the favor for taking up some of your time."

After that he pulled something out from his jacket, it was a card. Then reached over to hand it to her. His long, alien fingers holding it out for her to take. The card itself was white, with orange text on it with as symbol of the side of a black combat helmet. The text wrote, "POM Security" underneath it showed that the acronym stood for "Peace of Mind."

"Just something to think about if your ever in need of some more manpower to do what you want."

Oh lords. He could make up for her time by purchasing things. This was a business transaction, wrapped in pretty paper, after all, not a favor.

But she smiled, inclining her head, she waited a beat, then another, before reaching out and accepting the card. She had half hoped he'd put it down on the desk, but no. She plucked it with the tips of her thumb and index finger, glanced at it, and set it down in front of her.

"I current contract with another security firm," she said apologetically. "Didact Defense Solutions? Perhaps you are familiar, being in the same line of work."

One run by a human, [member="Itash Mecetti"], with human guards. A Rodian, running GenPals security? Could they even be trusted in such a fashion?

"But I will keep your card on file!" She added cheerfully. "If I ever find myself less than enthused about my current agreement I will certainly give you a call."

Her smile was pleasant and sincere, but then, Cass was a very good liar.

"Well, if there's nothing else? I shall send you an invoice for the deposit once I have spoken with the science team about the details. Would you like periodic updates on the project?"

[member="Jorco Czeku"]

The Rodian let out another chuckle. "Of course, my apologies for making assumptions. I can certainly imagine the best for your service for you prestigious company." Jorco then stood up after hearing that there wasn't much more to discuss in regards for his little pet ghest.

"That would be wonderful Miss Paige, I would much appreciate that." He replied to her statement regarding periodic updates to the project. He would've leaned in to offer a hand to shake. But he'd pick up on her, uneasy, behavior. But before he'd turn to leave he'd say one more thing.

"Oh, and POM Security is more then willing to let you exercise some executive power beyond your company walls. Especially if it needs to be done in a, shall I say, less then legal manner. Anyways, thanks you for your time Miss Paige, I hope you have a nice day."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom