Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Truth [Ali Hadrix]

/OOC: This interview will be taking place days before the trial and should be treated as such.

| [member="Ali Hadrix"] |

The Truth. It was an ideal of the Galactic Republic, standing as one of it's founding principles. When the truth was lost, so too was liberty, democracy, peace and freedom. Without it, everything that the Republic stood for was lost. As a Jedi Knight, sworn to protect the Republic, Ella was bound by her mandate to discover the truth, no matter who it was or what it was about. If the truth ousted someone as innocent or guilty, then neither was of consequence in comparison to what the truth was; and whether or not the parties involved in the end verdict- innocent or guilty- could only be determined by what the truth was. Only then, did their innocence or guilt matter, so long as the truth are irrefutable.

The former Supreme Commander of the Republic Armed Forces stood accused. Accused with the responsibility for the death of @Aeralyn Rekali and the civilians that had joined her in the netherworld of the Force. Ella did not know Master Rekali- the two having never met or interacted with one another- but as a Jedi, each man, woman or child that walked through the halls of the Jedi Order were family and so, on a personal level, Ella felt grievance for the loss of the Jedi Master.

There is no death, only the Force. All things died, Ella knew. But the Force lived on. As a being, who existed in the shade of the Force, the end of Aeralyn Rekali's existence was not to be mourned. As the Force lived and tied all things living together, Ella knew that the late Jedi Master role in the level plains paled in comparison to a Jedi's role in the cosmic fabric, that outstripped all that the Jedi knew about the Force.

But Aeralyn had died and her death had caused an outcry from her Mandalorian roots. Ella was confident, that as a Jedi, Master Rekali didn't want her death to be the cause of war between people. Although it remained unclear to Ella as to how she died, the Jedi Knight was sure that the Jedi Master had sacrificed herself to save lives, as had so many Jedi had been prepared to do at Roche. That was the only thing Ella knew.

To stop war between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians, Ella needed to get to the bottom as to how Aeralyn died. It was her death that had caused the Mandalorians to become even further infuriated, after that Prime Minister Lasedri had tried to pull off with Mandal Hypernautics. And that was what brought Ella to Arkania, to get to the bottom of it all.

Ella entered the room where Ali Hadrix was being kept, days before her trial. Lowering her hood, the Jedi bowed her head to the woman. "Hello, Ali. I am Ella Nova and I am a Jedi Knight, who has been investigating the events that transpired at Roche. I have come to interview you, so that I can ask you some questions, which will shed some light on what really happened."

"I am here for the truth. So, let's begin." Rolling to the corner of the room, Arsix positioned himself there, to record the interview. "Let's start from the beginning. Why was you in the Roche system?"

1118full-alison-brie_zpscjq8vtfa.jpg

Ali Hadrix stood by the large, transparasteel window that lined the North side of the room that had been selected for the deposition. Her back was against the purple-colored wall, her arms crossed over her chest. She wore a pair of dark, straight-cut trousers and black flats. A navy blue sweater that had a feathered pattern down the front covered a white blouse with a pointed-flat collar that popped out from beneath. Ali's chocolate-colored hair was gathered loosely and draped over her left shoulder, leaving the profile of her face exposed to the woman who'd just entered. Ali didn't seem to notice [member=Ella Nova] at first. Her hazel eyes were fixated on the viewport, which traveled the whole ten meters of the room's length. Outside, the frozen wastes rolled on and on, to the North, to the East, to the West...they never seemed to end and in truth, they never did until they traveled the circumference of the planet and met one another at long last.

As Ella entered, she would find a lampstand to her right, aside a pair of small, leather chair that rested before a coffee table. A love seat rested on the opposite side of the coffee table. All three seats were canted towards the viewport, to provide a wealth of Lining the wall against which Ali stood were a pair of tablestands, each adorned with their own lamp. Upon one rested a communicator, the other a set of coasters, for drinks. The carpet was a light blue, matching the purple wall that ran the distance of the chamber. Natural light from Arkania's bright landscape poured in through the viewport, casting few shadows as it diffused efficiently throughout the room.

Ali had arrived on Arkania with Keira Ticon, the only woman she trusted to hold her in custody while this debacle with the Mandalorians was resolved. Ali had been with Ticon when the call for her arrest was put out, a call that surprised her immensely. Not a word of misdeed had been pushed by the Republic government until well after they'd fled Roche. Ali hardly would have turned herself in based on wolf cries from the Republic's enemies, but it appeared the new Administration was struggling to get its feet in the stirrups.

"Hello, Ali. I am Ella Nova and I am a Jedi Knight, who has been investigating the events that transpired at Roche. I have come to interview you, so that I can ask you some questions, which will shed some light on what really happened."

Ella's hair was dark, like Ali's, and her skin was fair as well. She even shared Ali's relatively short stature. Had Ali ever been with a male, she might have wondered if she'd given birth to the girl in her sleep. Unfortunately, the young woman was a Jedi Knight of the Order, an organization Ali held a supreme amount of justifiable distrust after [member=Ryan Korr] had joined forces with one of the Mandalorians' Sith Lords on Roche. Nova's voice rolled through Ali's ears like a snow-flurry, drawing her back to the present. Ali's gaze turned away from the viewport, her eyes following her head only after a moment as if she hadn't wanted to look away. This shift prompted Ella to continue her self-introduction.

"I am here for the truth. So, let's begin." Rolling to the corner of the room, Nova's astromech droid positioned himself to begin record the interview. "Let's start from the beginning. Why was you in the Roche system?"

Ali turned to her right, rolling so that her shoulder and head rested against the wall. She looked at the Jedi Knight from a canted perspective, then looked thoughtfully over to the astromech unit resting in the corner. "I need some caf, I haven't had any all morning. Would you like some? Nevermind, I'll make two cups regardless." Ali pressed herself away from the wall and turned to head away from Ella. "You can follow if you like. My name is Ali, it's a pleasure to meet you," She called back, stepping into the kitchen unit. Upon stepping over the threshold into the kitchen one would leave the blue carpet behind for stone-worked floors. Ali reached for a pair of mugs from within the cupboard before turning to the kitchen's small island and activating the water unit so it would start boiling. While they waited, Ali washed a small plate she'd used to eat her breakfast off of, and politely answered Ella's question. "I was instructed to lead the defense of Roche after spies within the Mandalorian government warned us of an incoming incursion."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom