Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The time has come

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Finding the wayward companies, that was important to Marek. He needed to rebuild and continually improve his Techno Union. Really, was it his Techno Union, or the Confederacy’s? He wanted to work on so many public projects, and with a recent shift in the politics of the state he worked for, he knew that the ability was coming. And well, he was chasing history books.

What he needed to do, and was doing, was meet up on Void Station. There was a one [member="Count Morcus"] that handled Hoersch-Kessel Drive. The company responsible for the ever recognizable Lucrehulks. Having set up an appointment, and taking his beloved Dark Tide, Marek was on his way to the station. Really, this was hopefully going to go over well. A simple introduction to the Techno Union, promising not a pyramid scheme, showing the tech sharing, and the profit sharing, and the resources the Confederacy had.

Not to mention the resources that the Union herself was working on.

Pulling out of lightspeed and docking with the station, Marek made a quick trip to the waiting room, and patiently reviewed some information on his datapad, while he awaited the Count.

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Marek would eventually be brought to a meeting room which had a large window looking out into space, where the Hoersch-Kessel Drive shipyards were hard at work building more of the iconic Lucrehulk-class Battleships which had made the formerly near bankrupt company before it came into the Count's possession a very influential business in the sector. A pair of IG-100 Magnaguards entered the room, taking their places at both sides of the entrance as Count Morcus arrived in the meeting room...

He was a tall man, incredibly fit and healthy for his age. dressed in fine attire fit for a former Nobleman of Serenno. He sat down at the other side of the meeting table, smiling warmly at his honored guest. He spoke with a deep, regal voice.

''My greetings to you, Mister Starchaser. T'is a privilege to host the leader of the Techno Union within my palace! Tell me, what brings you to do business with me this fine evening?'', he said with curiosity.

[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

This was a meeting long coming. He knew he needed to discuss a lot with [member="Count Morcus"] and that was the whole reason he was here. This company he was approaching was important to the historic Techno Union, and would serve the current one well. They produced the Lucrehulks, as well as other large scale vessels. And Marek wasn’t about to put the work of that only on Druckenwell. They needed to cover themselves.

Watching the MagnaGuards, not a surprising sight to Marek, as he often was flanked by droids as well, he rose to his feet in anticipation of the man of the hour. It was out of respect, obviously, and Marek might honestly need him more than he needed he Union.

“I appreciate you seeing me, Count Morcus. It is definitely an honor to be meeting with you. Right to the point, I appreciate that. We’re working on restructuring the Techno Union. I was curious as to the state of HKD, and if you’ve been considering the future?”

Taa Nul

The Count smiled, reaching for a bottle of Vintage Serenno Wine from a tray on the table and pouring himself a glass while he spoke. ''Hoersch-Kessel is thriving under my control, my friend. The former owners left it in a horrid state when I purchased the company a while ago. There were few, if any functioning shipyards left, the company itself on the verge of bankruptcy.....I've devoted myself to rebuilding this company, and you can see the results! Ten brand new shipyards, a private defense fleet.....my company is in a prime position to expand further than I anticipated...oh! But where are my manners, would you care for some wine, Mister Starchaser?'', he said warmly, standing up while he held the bottle of vintage wine in his hands. Marek might have noticed the curved lightsaber hilt strapped to the count's belt. The Count was obviously a force practitioner of sorts, it seemed...

Corey's OOC

There was a lot of work ahead of them. Marek needed to do what he could to solidify the Techno Union, the proper companies would go a long way to make it so the Union and the Confederacy could survive indefinitely. Listening to the Count speak, Marek nodded.

At least he was doing a lot of work with the company. “Its good to hear that you’re bringing them back. This is a great corporation.” Which was why he was here. Using it as a defense fleet? If they could fold those into the Confederacy… Or just the shipyards. “I’m fine without the wine, thank you, Count.” He nodded.
“Where are you expecting to expand? Any ideas?” Maybe he was already hoping to pull into the Techno Union. It was the backbone of the Confederacy, after all.

[member="Count Morcus"]

Taa Nul

The Count nodded gently, placing the bottle back underneath the table after he poured himself a glass, sipping it lightly. ''I've got my sights set on expanding to Geonosis. I'm hoping to expand the company to Droid and Vehicle Manufacturing.....very recently I acquired a great deal of old Clone Wars-era CIS designs from a merchant friend of mine which I hope to modernize and put out on the open market. There's one design in particular I wanted to show you, actually. Here, let me put it up on the hologram emitter.'', he said, pressing a button on a small computer infront of him.

640px-Kaliida_Nebula_battle_plan.png

An image of an incredibly large ship would be projected, one which might be familiar to one who had a knowledge of the history of the Clone Wars. ''They called it a Subjugator-class Heavy Cruiser.....it had twin Ion Cannon's capable of disabling any ship caught in their range. I'd build such a vessel myself, but I don't have the means to manufacture every part...'', he said with a sigh.

Corey's OOC

There wasn’t a problem with drinking, Marek himself was a drinker. Just right now? He had business to handle. Perhaps after the business, that was typically how it all went. For now, he was going to listen to [member="Count Morcus"] and see what the proposition was. He really wanted to get this company involved in the Techno Union, they would prove an invaluable addition, and the Count himself seemed to know a few things.

Clone Wars tech? That was pretty ancient, but he knew he’d seen things just as old, or older, flying about. But to modernize and put on the open market? The Count had a business sense. That was important.

Looking at the Subjugator Cruiser, Marek nodded. “We do have a variety of development companies at the disposal of the Techno Union. The joy of working with this conglomerate, is that we work together as a think tank to provide both the Confederacy and the open market with cutting edge products.” And if they could keep gaining more companies, they could corner the markets.

All of them.

Taa Nul

''Hmm. I have considered joining with the Techno Union in the past. It would prove a very beneficial relationship, though I am curious, how much can you expect it would boost my profit margins? I don't build ships for free after all.'', the Count said with a soft chuckle, before sipping his glass of wine.

Corey's OOC

See? This was what he wanted to hear. Marek smirked as this finally went into the business discussion. He could roll with this, it was the reason he was here. Sure, Marek might not look the shrewd businessman, maybe a bit too playboy to be in charge of a very successful conglomerate. But he knew what he was doing. Most of it self taught.

“Well, we do have very successful companies working within the Techno Union. With the ships you’re outputting, and so long as you’re fulfilling any standing contracts to the Confederacy, that government will more than compensate you per unit. The rest, using the connections of the union, will need to be generated by you, but so long as you are pulling contracts in… you can definitely expect a growth when all is said and done.” Reaching to the table, he picked at some of the munchie food and nodded at [member="Count Morcus"].

Taa Nul

''Then perhaps we can make some sort of deal, then.'', the Count said with a confident smile. A droid rushed in, whispering in the Count's ear. He nodded before turning to face Marek. ''It seems I'm required in the shipyards. Leave the paperwork with one of my droids and I'll sign it later.'', he said with a polite nod before turning to leave.

Corey's OOC

The Count was a bit of a different man. “So, you just want the paperwork? That’s it?” That was…. Odd. Marek wasn’t sure how to deal with it. Looking to his datapad, he nodded. “What’s going on at the ship yard?” Paper print outs? Still, he wanted an answer, if there was something going wrong at the yard… That wouldn’t go well.

The whole galaxy knew that the Techno Union could use these yards more than the yards could use the Union, the trick was getting [member="Count Morcus"] to sign off on the business agreement. If they could just go over the finer parts now, instead of one flying to the other. Marek preferred to do his deals in person, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom