Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Ties That Bind {Flashback}

8c17c04e569e8d9f511e0ee8d85b6172c73f43b3r1-500-202_hq.gif

Schesa
Outfit: Weighted Training Gi

Dad...what's going on...?

The right hook from the droid was stronger than usual, knocking Dai off her feet, but she was quick to use that momentum to roll back and push off her hands, landing back on her feet. She put a thumb to her lip, feeling the soft trickle of blood oozing down her chin - Drahmin must have upgraded it since last time. Last time the training droid made her bleed, it needed a head start and a careless mistake, now a single punch was all it needed. Made sense, it was only a matter of time before Drahmin took offense to Dai sending the droid to him in pieces after each session. She wiped the blood from her lip and fixed her gaze on the Lithe Automaton staring back at her, cracking metallic knuckles with malicious intent. She charged at it, and it simply put one leg back, ready.

There you are, we were wondering what happened to the kriffer's little blue angel...

Dai's entire weight threw itself against the droid, seemingly intending to tackle it. It was easy enough to grab her as she got close, but it wasn't quite able to see her kick her legs out to the side as she was held. Kicking up, she used it's own grip against it and threw herself up and over it's head while it's hand stabilized her. All the momentum, initially pushing back, now pulled it forward, unbalancing it and pulling it off the ground, throwing it to the floor. It tried to recover, but she was already clambering on top of it, raising a gloved fist, pure hatred in her eyes.

]MOM!!! NO!!! I WILL KARKING GUT YOU, YOU SON OF A SCHUTTA!!!

The first punch didn't put it out of commission, it didn't even dent it, so she hit it again, and again, and again, grunts and groans becoming screams and roars, the room contracting until it was just her and it. A dent appeared, then another, then it's eye cracked, and it's head plate too, until her fist blasted through into the circuitry, shredding some of it to pieces and leaving it's head looking like a half-assembled datapad. The final blow went straight through its chest unit, all of her hate and tears behind it and putting it straight through to the other side, as well as through the floorboard. The moment lingered in the air for a moment as the droid shut down, letting out a few gaping twitches and glitchy beeps before it went still and Dai finally rolled over onto her back, her fist caked in blood and fingers facing odd angles. The pain didn't bother her, it just reminded her that she was alive...they weren't.

A noise from the other end of the training room hit her ears, a soft breath escaping her lips. It was probably her order, she never was much of a cook. She sat up, looking down at her hand, and started wrenching the fingers back into place, grunting with each crack.
"Enter!" She called out, hauling herself to her feet and moving over to the small bacta tank on her table.

Ben Craig Ben Craig

[div]

you_re_a_hard_man_to_find__galen_by_rustledjimmys_dbfnblr-pre.jpg

U N I O N

Location: Schesa , Intelligence and Security Center , Training Room #1232
Tags: Daisuho Daisuho
Dress:
Uniform

Ever since he had been promoted to Director, he had been working tirelessly to find ways expand the Intelligence & Security Bureau. With the
Craig Doctrine approved and receiving praise, Ben had been given more oversight, power and control. He sighed as he set the datapad down on his desk, the control had come with responsibility, lots of it. He got out of his chair and left his office, headed to one of the various turbolifts. Along the way officers and troopers alike saluted and greeted him.

As he headed towards his destination, he heard grunts and thuds. Ben smiled as he tapped the required password into the security datapad on the wall. The door chime called out as the glass door opened. "How's the session Dai?" He looked at the broken droid laying on the ground, who was giving a sort of devilish grin. "Rough day?" He joked, he knew about Dai's past and her anger control issues. He let her cool off before saying, "I've got some news."

BlpVHqS.png

Dai didn't pay much heed to Ben as he entered the room, continuing over to the table and taking a slight breath before submerging her hand in the small tank of Bacta, searing pain shooting through her nerves like white-hot knives as the sinew and bone knitted together and painstakingly creaked back into its natural position. He understood, of course, he'd seen it many times before, and just as before, she would pick up a bottle of Mandalorian Ale and pour a glass for him before taking a small swig of the bottle for herself.
"About as rough as usual," She said casually, slipping the blue and white gi from her shoulders and draping it over the bench with a quiet clank. It wasn't a proven method for increasing one's speed or strength, but when your job required heavy armor and moving like it wasn't there, it helped to get every advantage you could. It was also one of the few things she saved from the shop, so there was that too. "Didn't think I'd say this but nightmares and flashbacks are a good anchor to have when adapting to new surroundings...different bosses, same kark, wouldn't you agree Director?." She cracked a slight smirk as she looked up at him, offering the drink.

It was true, though the Union had a different palette, in many ways it reminded her of the Directorate, flaws and all. Everywhere she went, she saw the same signs of infighting, scheming, political and social mind games, fractures in the duracrete that sunk the ones that came before. All under the banner of an organization that preached unity...and here she was fighting for them, so who was the real fool? Ben had gotten a good deal from it though, Director of Advanced Weapons R&D, among other things. Reading the Craig Doctrine was certainly an eventful evening if for nothing else than to pick out all the different ways he had called out the numerous holes in security in his own politely pompous way. "How goes the new position, I've heard a lot of chatter about some of the designs you've cooked up, some people are even spreading rumors about a fleet of Death Stars and Star Destroyers, one for every planet and hyperspace lane," She exclaimed, flourishing her free hand dramatically.

Ben Craig Ben Craig

[div]

U N I O N

Dress:
Uniform

He watched as Dai stuck her hand in the bacta tank, her hand being slowly but surely mended. It wasn't anything new for her, he had witnessed her practice hard, testing the limits of her body. He walked over to her and took the glass she had filled for him. He grinned, "Nightmares are good for combat." He took a sip, savoring the vintage ale.

He finished the ale and gently set the glass down. Dai was a great fighter, the best in the Vernichten. They had both come a long way, "The job comes with a lot of benefits and responsibility. " It was true he was rather fond of his reputation and ego, so he was excited that Dai knew of his projects. "Ah yes, I can't say anything specific of course, but there are big things coming." Ben smiled, "I'm not the only one with a new job however. With the overall expansion of the ISB, that includes the Vernichten. I'll be doubling the squad and I'll be needing a leader. If you accept, you'll command the Vernichten into battle." Dai had received excellent marks in her training, she was the best of the best after all. He extended his hand, "What do you say, Captain Daisuho?"
BlpVHqS.png

Dai froze for a moment as the words left his mouth and the enormity of them settled in. She blinked a few times, cocking her head slightly to the right, and then she downed the Ale in a single draw, placing the glass besides Ben's with a sigh.
"Ben, I'm not a leader, you know that," She said, stoic expression unchanged as she looked down. "I'm a follower, always have been, and I'm far from the best of us...why not give the position to Void, Force knows she's more capable than me." Even leaving her mouth, the words felt rehearsed. In truth, she knew exactly how good she was, and she knew that this might have happened at some point, but she still didn't want it.

She was a fighter, a soldier, she could dominate a fistfight, hold her own with a blaster, and endure the highest pains her enemies could throw at her. However, she was not a strategist, her mind wasn't as sharp as her body, she was weighed down by emotional baggage and intellectual shortcomings. Her girls didn't just work with her, they filled in the gaps that she had and completed her in a way that no others ever could, and she wasn't going to be put in a position where she needed to...where she...she knew how that thought would end, and even then, she didn't want to finish it, but she had to. "...she can make the tough decisions without even blinking," She muttered softly, quickly looking at the glass and pouring another Ale.

Ben Craig Ben Craig

U N I O N

Dress:
Uniform

Ben smiled, he knew she would reject the offer at first. Make excuses as to why she's not qualified, mention the others were better than her. "You are a leader, even if you don't admit it yourself. The numbers don't lie Dai. I've seen you in combat and in the training room. You have some sort of energy that encourages and motivates the other girls." He paused, "Yes the others are qualified as well, but you can lead."

BlpVHqS.png

Now began the sparring.

She knew full well Ben wouldn't take no for an answer, even a blunt refusal, so now she had to convince him...or he would convince her. She let him speak first, taking in his points and letting him air things out before taking another draw of her glass, smaller this time, her mind working over answers.
"First off, you know as well as I do that numbers and training scenarios aren't a substitute for the field, and relying purely on them is a very bad idea," She said, shaking off the lie quickly. She knew full well that she and the others performed perfectly out in the field, it was a requirement after all, but the basic point held meaning in itself. "As for the energy you're talking about, I don't think being the most attractive blue person in this part of the galaxy counts as a leadership trait." A little bashful there because why not, but again, the point was sound - mere looks and charisma didn't make a leader, you needed so much more, you needed to inspire loyalty, respect, you needed to be the best of the best, capable of utilizing each member of the squad's strengths, knowing when to hold the chain of command or let it slacken so they could do their own part for them.

Looking back down and taking another draw, she refilled the glass a third time and gently removed her hand, flexing and clenching it gently to test the strength of her newly repaired bones. In the back of her mind, she thought that perhaps getting blind drunk would convince Ben she was unsuitable, but she would need a lot more alcohol for that...

Ben Craig Ben Craig

U N I O N

Dress:
Uniform

Ben filled his glass with more ale and chuckled. They both well knew that she was capable and the best suited for the job. She was just trying to be modest. Ben decided to play along and answer her questions, "Of course i don't just rely on your training performance. You know your good out on the field. If you weren't you wouldn't be on one of the best combat units in the Union."

He took a sip of the ale. "
When I meant by energy i didn't mean your looks. I meant about your ability to lead. The greatest warriors of the galaxy all shared an aura you have. I've seen it in battle. The ability to command." And i'm not the only one that sees it. I've asked the other girls. They all agreed that you should be the one to lead. You technically already do it, you just don't have the formal title.

BlpVHqS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom