Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Talk (Ven/Krest) (pm for invite)

[SIZE=10pt]Ven sighed, leaning back in her chair. She was sitting in the captains chair inside her ship, the Quicksilver Dragon, a HWK-290 Freighter, with her feet propped up on the console and the chair leaned back at more than a fourty-five degree angle. She had docked the ship on Tatooine to finish a job, which she thought had gone successfully well given it had a great payoff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She didn’t plan to leave Tatooine just yet; she didn’t have another job, not form the Commander nor from anyone else, so she had time to herself and she was going to spend it doing the one thing she hadn’t truly had in a long time; resting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Falleen’s eyes were closed and she was slowly drifting off to a light sleep, despite the fact that she wanted to stay awake. Tatooine had also been where she was supposed to meet Krest, her best friend, her childhood friend, her protector, her brother. He was the closest family she had, and even through all of the tension that had passed through them the last few weeks she still cared about his opinion of her and his approval. Faking her death had definitely caused a rift between them.[/SIZE]

Whether Krest showed up or not, Ven was going to be docked on Tatooine for at least another day or so. If he did show up he would find the hatch to her ship open and unlocked, and he would find her passed out in the captains chair. He'd have to wake her up, but that wouldn't be the first time for that either.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest let out a deep sigh. Mos Esley was mostly rebuilt after the terrorist attack, and the city was peaceful. Well, as peaceful as you'd expect the Galaxies Underworld Headquarters to be. But for once he wasn't fighting terrorists or slaying dragons. No, today he was to meet a friend. Well, what he thinks is his friend. Hopes.

The Falleen was someone he knew sense he was little. She was the one who helped get him out of his Iridonian ways. Curbed his bloodlust. When she 'died' it ruined him. When she came back, well it didn't help. It set him off. Annoyed him. The betrayal he felt from learning she was alive onto of thinking she was dead before almost sent him back into his rage. Almost made the world turn back to red.

But it didn't. He was overjoyed at her being alive. He was pissed she lied, but the sheer fact she was living made him want to hug her. But when he saw her, he didn't. He didn't think it was right. He didn't feel right, not with all the people that were around. There was never a chance though. Never a time he could talk with her. Understand her.

Until now. He stepped onto the ship, whistling at the interior. She certainly has good taste.. The Zabrak trails his hand along the railing soundlessly, moving into the main chamber. A couple chairs, a table. Nothing too fancy. Just like @[member="Ven"]. Krest chuckled to himself before finding his way to the captains quarters. There he leans on the doorway, knocking as loud as he could.

"Typical. You invite me over and you fall asleep. Should I of expected differently?"

Ven suddenly bolted awake. Her legs being propped up on the console caused them to get caught on the edge, and when she tried to sit up she ended up falling over and onto the floor. She landed with her cheek to the floor and her legs sort of weirdly hanging in the air above her until she slowly slid and rested in a discombobulated mess on the floor. The Falleen frowned and glanced at Krest, pouting at him, “You coulda been nicer with waking me up. A simple shake of my shoulder would do.” Given her position on the floor she sounded as if she were childish and upset.

She moved to sit up and crossed her arms, leaning back against the wall of the console, glaring at him, “You’re so mean.. And you were taking forever. Plus we never actually decided on a time for you to be here, just a day, so don’t lecture me on falling asleep while I wait for you. I’ve been patient, and I needed something to pass the time while I waited for you.” She huffed before moving to stand up, raising her hands to wipe the sleep from her eyes and gently slapped her own cheek to keep herself from yawning.

“And as for expecting anything, I don’t know. You know me better than I know me, don’t you?” She inquired. "I dont think I passed out often." she couldn't quite remember back to two to three years before and all of the years before that when Krest lived with her and stayed at her side almost every moment he could, given he had been her bodyguard and her only best friend back on Falleen. "And you call me typical, its unsurprising you'd bully me like this."

@[member="Krest"]

Krest blinked slowly as the Falleen fell to the ground. He made no move to help her, just letting the grin on his face grow wider and wider. This was the girl he knew. The girl he grew up beside. The Zabrak just watched her, almost as if he was too stunned to speak. But in truth he was just listening to her voice. Just the fact that she was talking, breathing. It still got to him, even after all this time.

He scratched his ear, yawning himself. He offered her a wink before finally responding. "You slept all the time. As long as you could, when ever you could." Or when you couldn't. Krest left that part out though, still with his stupid grin on his face.

She is alive.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven glances him over, perking one brow as she brushes dirt off of her leggings and off of her leather jacket as well, “Whats that face for? Wipe that goofy grin off your face, it’ll stick like that.” She sticks her tongue out stubbornly before turning away, facing the consoles, adjusting the bottom of her leather jacket and reaching up to make sure her hair wasn’t knotted.

Ven wasn’t a… How would others say it.. A diva. Ven was not a diva. She didn’t always act feminine either, but she did care about her hair having knots in it because that experience happens to be one of the most uncomfortable parts of having long hair. She ran her fingers through her hair quick to make sure it wasn’t tangled or anything before glancing back over her shoulder at him, blinking slowly, “Did I sleep that much? That must have been when I wasn’t avoiding mom, dad, any advisors or tutors, and tried to get one of the soldiers to teach me to use a blaster, or even fix a ship.”

The Falleen turned back around, leaning back on the console, looking at Krest, “You remember which one it was?” She didn’t even know why she was talking about this. Part of her believed it was her stalling him, or even just trying to find conversation to bring them back together. She felt angry with herself with what had happened, especially after she’d found out what had happened to the Zabrak when she’d faked her death. It was her fault this had all happened to him, and she knew that this whole situation would continue to be tense for a long time. 'Think, Ven. Bring up something that won't make him upset and wont make the situation anymore awkward for yourself than it already is.'

@[member="Krest"]

Krest rubbed the back of his head then, tilting it. Remember.. Which? All the times she fell asleep? He smirked, shaking his head suddenly before moving up beside her, looking over her shoulder. The ship was nice, but in truth he had no idea what was nice or not nice. Man I need to learn my ships..

A frown formed on his face for just a moment, but it faded quick, turning back into a grin. "Still the little greaser I remember huh? How long you have this ship anyway?" He was genuinely curious. There were no bad subjects today, only catching up. He wanted to know where they left off in their friendship and what he missed.

And where we can start again..

@[member="Ven"]

She cocked her head to the left and glanced at him, blinking slowly, deciding to answer his question first; “The Quicksilver Dragon. I bought it right before I left.” She stated, gently stroking the console lovingly, taking a deep breath. “Been modifying her here and there; though not as much as I could. Recently set a couple of EMP blasters on it for an even more recent job. I’m just glad they worked.” She shrugged and sighed.

“I might’ve been shot out of the sky at some point if I hadn’t added them on.” She patted the edge of the console before moving and bumping into him gently, nudging him, “Greaser? I guess I am, but I’m as clean as a whistle right now. Haven’t performed any magical mechanics tricks since landing this morning.” She raised her hands to show they were clean.

Ven smiled, actually starting to feel happy; more comfortable around him again. It felt less tense to her now that they were actually talking and getting along. Even him calling her “little greaser” was an improvement from the drunken, pissed off stupor he’d been in a week or so before. She felt better now that this “Lughead” was acting like himself again, that they’re relationship was slowly getting patched back up.

“So, Lughead,” She countered the name he had called her, smiling more, “Am I allowed to know what happened to the all-powerful-master-of-robotics? I mean.. What’ve you busied yourself with while I was… Away..” she was bringing up the wrong subjects, at least in her eye it was a bad choice, it was starting to feel a tad awkward and unhappy for her again.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest chuckled lightly at the bump, pushing her back with his real hand. He was truly relaxed. No more fighting, no burning cities, no drama. He smiled wide before ruffling her hair. "Hey hey. No more of this karkin quiet right? What happened happened. You're safe, that's all that matters." And that was the truth. The Zabrak had a huge soft spot for the people he cared about, and @[member="Ven"] happened to be the largest.

"I've joined the Templars. Good lot. Neither Jedi Or Sith, and much better then either. Currently a Knight, working my way up the ranks." He grins wider, winking at her. "I've met quite a few people. Got in a few scrapes. I've been relaxed after I found you alive at that party. Only thing I'm sorry about is not coming to talk to you sooner."

“Ah, definitely the Lughead I remember.” She nodded, smiling wide, playfully punching his shoulder, though she hit him hard, “Don’t mess with the hair, buddy.” She warns, pointing her finger at him, wagging it gently before moving to lean against the captain’s chair, “Templars sound.. Interesting. You like them a lot I’m assuming?” She blinks, cocking her head to the side.

Ven frowned slightly, “Found me alive at that party? Oh. You mean in Bothuwai.” She blinks, remembering, “I didn’t even know it was a party, I was on business and I just decided I wanted a drink.” She smiles faintly, shaking her head, “And I should have filled you in, Krest, but I couldn’t have; you were at the festival too that day; right beside my parents. If I had tried contacting you.. I would have been stuck there..” She felt bad, crossing her arms, hugging herself, looking at the floor of her ship.

@[member="Krest"]

He rubbed his shoulder after she hit him, sticking his tongue out at her. Cute, but she still hit as hard as ever. He offered her a wink when she asked him about the Templars, but his smile soon faded as she changed the subject. He listened to her, a serious look on his face before he reached out, flicking her nose. It was something he did often before when she said something wrong. Socially wrong at least. "You did what you had to. And I don't blame you. I'm a Templar now because of it. You're free. We've met quite a few interesting people. There's nothing wrong with it."

There really isn't.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven yelped when he flicked her nose, and her expression grew from surprised to sudden anger, glaring at him once more. "That hurt." she mumbled, rubbing her nose gently as it was still stinging. "Thats not what you were feeling back on Alli's yacht.." she stated, sniffing as feeling was just beginning to tingle back into her nose. "And yeah, I did what I had to and yeah there's no consequence now except that I have to keep a low profile and can't go anywhere near Falleen, which is fine, but I can't go on like that forever. I've already had to tell about two other people what happened, one of my friends back from the palace found me as well, the one that popped over whenever he was on a trip there with his parents." she sighs, "More and more people from my past are recognizing me. I can't go by my own last name either."

The Falleen moved to sit in the captain's chair, sighing as she rubs her temple slowly, "Commander Calico asked me for it. For my last name. Just the other day. I couldn't tell him because it's a direct connection to my past, and anyone who can easily access any sort of database of Falleen or something of the like could easily connect it. Anyone could do it." Ven sighs again, leaning back in her chair, wiggling the end of her nose slightly, frowning, "I don't doubt that our lives are better now after this, that we've definitely met some amazing people, some new friends, all of the like, but I still have to be careful of where I go and who I'm around, Krest. I'm not going to take the chance of getting recognized or spotted by someone who knew me in my past life.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest leaned against the console behind him, resting his hands on either side. "Well.. You could always change your face.They have that option these days." Course he was just teasing. There was no way he'd let her change her face.

Though the idea was a good one. She changed her face she'd never get recognized. Never have to go back. But the Zabrak knew she was going to. Not now, and probably not any time in the future, but at some point she would go. @[member="Ven"] was just as stubborn on keeping her promises as he was, and part of him felt she had already made a pact to go back.

"Though, do you plan to go back?" His deep blue eyes stayed on hers, focused. He wanted to know for sure.

Ven thought slowly for a moment before shaking her head, "I dont want to go back. I mean.. the only reason to come to my mind would be so I could rub it in my parents face that I was able to find a successful life outside of their rules. That they were wrong. Completely wrong." She tilted her head once more, sighing, "Falleen doesn't hold my interest anymore." It was true. Ven never wanted to go back. Even if she could just to rub it in the face of her mother and father; it didn't matter anymore. "I'd rather explore the galaxy and get paid. I'd rather do that then go back to Falleen." She was beginning to feel uncomfortable again.

"So.." she clears her throat, "Where are you exactly staying at the moment? I mean, I know that sounds weird.. But you said, back on Alli's ship, that you just... Wander. I mean.. I guess I'm just confused." She sighs, curious, looking at him. He'd definitely changed some. He seemed more.. Collected. More than he had been way back when on Faleen, and obviously it seemed as if their relationship was mending itself in these last few days so.. Inviting him to stay with her seemed more appropriate now than it had been back when he was angry and drunk on Alli's yacht.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest rubbed the back of his head quietly, glancing off. He had expected her to want to go back at some point. Maybe ten years, but she would still want to return. He was wrong. He kept quiet for a moment, simply thinking before her next question reached his ears.

"I have my own ship actually. Perks of being a Templar Knight." He shrugged at @[member="Ven"], watching her. He'd spend the night if she wanted, but there was no need.

[SIZE=10pt]Ven blinked in surprise; Krest with a ship. "Okay, that's hilarious." She laughs, smiling wide, not believing him. "You with a ship? You the man who doesn't like flying, who cannot fly? No. I don’t believe you, Krest. You and flying just don’t mix.” She shakes her head, laughing still.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]@[member="Krest"][/SIZE]

Krest rubbed the back of his head, frowning. "I got a droid to drive it. I know I can't." Though there really wasn't a need to point it out to him. the Zabrak let out a sigh, looking back to @[member="Ven"]. "Anyway, I should probably go."

She blinked, "Oh.. Ah. Alright. Well, holo me soon yeah?" She smiled faintly, clapping him on the shoulder, having stood up from the captains chair, "It.. It's really nice to see you again, Krest." She dropped her hand, wanting to have it be like old times and hug him tightly but she felt like it was still too awkward for him.

@[member="Krest"]

Krest moves over, giving her a quick hug. He really was just happy she was back. But he cut it off fairly quick, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. "So.. Yeah. I'll see you around." With that he turned, leaving the ship. Today was a good day so far, and what just happened was enough to make him smile.

He returned to his own ship, ready to just fall asleep himself.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven smiled faintly, shaking her head, hugging him back briefly. She was surprised he'd hugged her, after everything she'd put him through and more. "See you soon, Krest. Don't be a stranger, Lughead." She watches him leave before closing the hatch, sighing and sitting back in her captains chair. She looked over the console slowly, thinking, before starting the ship and piloting her out off Tatooine.

@[member="Krest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom