Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tale of Blackfin the Colossus

I never really had a reason for Ghorua here to want to be part of the Awoken, I just wanted him to have crazy super-strength :p . So, I thought I might as well make a reason that this gigantic Herglic would ever care about magic. The more I thought about it, the more the pieces began to fall into place. For example, I had no reason why Ghorua was a foot taller than his brother Herglics, that was just the way he was. Well, what I am about to tell you explains all that, and why a large Bounty-Hunting whale would want to be affiliated with any magic crap. Maybe this will also give Ghorua a reason to actually join the Awoken, and not just be affiliated with them. Without further adieu, I present "Blackfin the Colossus".
--------------------------------------------------------
Thousands of years ago, while the Republic was still new, there was a Herglic merchant by the name of Tero Goli. He owned a fleet of trade ships, and was one of the richest men of his time. He was quite average for a Herglic, being only 6'5'', and having skin of blackish-grey color.

Tero was not universally loved, however. One of his business rivals, whose name is lost to the mists of time, grew jealous of the Herglic, and kidnapped his wife, demanding an extremely large ransom. Tero was outraged, but complied. They met on a deserted planet, and Tero gave him the ransom. The business rival proceeded to execute Tero's wife, to make a lasting impression, and ran with the money. Tero held his wife in his arms one last time before she died. He promised her revenge, and would hold up this promise until the end of his days.

Tero traveled to Dathomir, and to a certain powerful clan of Witches. He promised them money and power if they helped him slaughter his enemies. The Herglic was brought before the Matriarch, where he requested that she used her magic to make him powerful. The Matriarch warned him of the repurcussions of such a spell. He, and all of his firstborn, and their firstborn would become bigger and stronger. But, she warned, this blessing was a curse as well, for all that bore this gift would be tested, and die a gruesome death. Tero did not care, as the thought of revenge clouded his judgement. Agreeing to the Witch's terms, a massive ritual was performed. Tero was transformed. The stories say he was 12 feet tall, with skin as black as night, eyes glowing like supernovas. With this blessing and curse bestowed upon him, he went out into the world. He challenged the unnamed rival to a battle to the death, where he tore the rival, all of his guards, and the ship they came in apart.

He tried to go back to his normal life, but he never found peace. At the end of his life, he was known as "Blackfin the Colossus", for no one could topple him. He became a great warrior, pulverizing all that opposed him. Eventually, the Jedi Order took notice of his destructive nature, and decided to do something about it. They sent 10 Jedi Knights to stop the Herglic, and none returned. Finally, the Jedi High Master went to combat the Colossus. After a long battle, the Jedi Master came out on top, leaving what used to be Tero to a gruesome death.

Balin family legend says that he had a secret daughter before he died, who also had amazing strength and size. Her firstborn also had this adaptation. Throughout the years, these Colossal Herglics kept to the shadows, the extreme height and strength becoming a little less every generation, and the memory of their existence a shadow of the mind. Ghorua the Fish is the latest of the bloodline, and had always been fascinated with this tale. He vowed that he would become strong like Blackfin, and separate truth from legend. He approached the Awoken with the goal of "reawakening" the Colossus in him. Perhaps he will achieve his goal, perhaps he will not. Only time will tell, as this tale hasn't been written yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[member="Ghorua the Fish"]

It seems a good thing there's a writer onboard, what with legends coming to life.

Thanks for also bolstering my purpose for being involved--lowly, old, Force-insenstivie creep as I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom