Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sword and the Scout; Out and About (Invite Only)

Operatives: Nightmare (Niamh Raste) and Veneer ([member="Allana Gan"])
Objective: Remove [member="Daxton Bane"] and [member="Bond"] from the galactic equation.

She'd arrived on Mindabaal by stowing away aboard a civilian transport. When she didn't want to be seen, she was quite good at hiding. Because of the nature of this mission, and the fact that one of the targets was a Master of the Force, a Scout had been assigned to accompany her. A Sword and Scout mission. Nightmare always preferred to work alone, but when the Harbinger tells you to do something you do it and you don't ask questions. Besides, she wasn't stupid enough to think she could do this alone.

As the transport landed, she slipped out through a hatch in one of the landing struts, and stuck to the shadows the craft created as she slipped away. Veneer was supposed to arrive through her own method, and the two would only meet when it came time tackle their targets, so to speak. That might take a little bit, or it might be rather quick. Depended on how good their intel was.

To make sure she wasn't drawing unwanted attention, she wrapped herself in a cloak of the Force, cutting off any hint that she was even able to touch the Force. Her presence should not be a draw to the enemy at this point, and she should be able to complete her mission. Wearing her armor (see the link in sig), with her discblade at the small of her back and various other knives and daggers attached to her belt, she would look quite scary if she let people see her. She wasn't about to do that, however. This was a mission of stealth. Find the targets, confirm with Veneer, and take them down.

She slipped through the shadows of the capital city, in search of her targets. Their Nightmare had come.

Watch out, my child. Doom is upon you. A nightmare approaches, a dark spot in the light of the Jedi. You are the vassal of Orax. You must not fall to this one.

I awoke from my vision, and my gold eyes snapped on. Mindabaal was not a planet I'd ever had a reason to go to before, but here I was. I instinctively reached for the comforting weight of my long-handled lightsaber, and the sight of the crystal hilt relaxed me. Whatever I would face, the weapon, and the Force would protect me. I pulled on my usual armored vest, jacket, and hat, as well as a pair of pants, and boots that reached my knees. Time for a walk, I thought.

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member='Daxton Bane'] [member='Allana Gan']

Sticking to the crowd of tourists and other would be travelers, Veneer disembarked the transport in the guise of a human male. His short, ebony hair prickled as the sun caressed the Jedi Shadow's neck. Veneer had been born for these sort of missions; infiltration, espionage; these were her strengths, and as she left the protection of the shrinking crowd she changed forms again. Better safe than sorry, she thought as she exited the spaceport, now appearing in the form of a young Kubaz. Her long flute-like snout protruded from the dark cloak she had draped herself in, however she didn't stand out. Holding out her hand, she felt the first few drops of rain before the heavens opened up and the downpour began. Already citizens across the city were rushing for shelter, or pulling their own cloaks around them, Veneer just looked like any other galactic citizen trying to avoid the rain.

Talking a detour from the main road, she hurried into a nearby alleyway. Her mind wandered to the whereabouts of Nightmare, but she knew that her team mate would already be on the lookout for their targets. Taking a moment to center herself, she amplified her own Force aura. She knew for a fact that Nightmare would be the one disguising her Force aura, so Veneer would become the beacon, drawing both the Shadow and their targets to her location. "Now the fun begins." she murmured before leaving the alleyway once more, making her way into the city square.

[member="Bond"] [member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Daxton Bane"]

Almost immediately Daxton could sense the presence of a strong Force user somewhere nearby. Clenching his purchases in an armored fist, the Sith rarely went outside these days without wearing his custom body armor, beneath his Crimson and green cloak. The three light sabers at his side clanked against each other as he strode in the direction of the disturbance.

Tapping into the Force, he disappeared from sight, both natural and electronic, he decided to see first what was going on.

[member="Bond"] [member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Allana Gan"]

Somewhere nearby she could feel a lightside presence in the Force. Veneer was here and using herself as a beacon to draw in their targets. Good. The Scout must have known that Nightmare would be concealing her presence entirely. With that in mind, she was using her senses to feel about her. Being especially in tuned to tracking with the Force, she could sense beings miles away if she really opened herself up to it, but she wasn't going to blow her cover like that. What she had felt, until a moment ago, was a very strong presence nearby.

Someone was coming, and they weren't going to be easily spotted.

Darkened alleys and rooftops became her friend. In the rainstorm it would be hard enough to see her, but the shadows surely made it more difficult. If she were Izzy, she wouldn't be seen at all, but she didn't have that kind of skill. She drew closer to the lightside presence, while noting a darkside one approaching. Two enemies were likely headed this way. If intel was right, these two were the only ones on the world at the moment. That said, it was just about time for the Shadows to wipe the slate clean.

[member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Allana Gan"] [member="Bond"]

I stood out on the terrace, looking over the city. There was a strong Dark presence about, as if a Sith Lord was walking about. Interesting. But something about that nightmare in my vision bothered me. If a strong Force User was about, why couldn't I sense them? Why couldn't I tell who they were. Unless the Sith I was feeling was my supposed killer. Then, that might be interesting.

I couldn't relax, though. I leapt off the terrace, landing cleanly on the deserted street, my jacket billowing around me. For all anybody knew, I was just a guy with a wrapped face. Nothing except my eyes suggested that I was something out of the ordinary. And so I walked, towards the supposed Sith Lord, gathering the Force about me. The presence felt close...

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Allana Gan"]

Ah the days of reckless youth, oh so how he missed them, the Sith Master chuckled silently to himself. The more of the Force they tapped into, the easier it was to find them. Regardless if it was the Light side or the Dark side, it was clear to his experienced eyes where the source was coming from.

Yet the irony was, because they were drawing so much force to their location, it made masking his presence all the more easier. He could be standing right beside them and they would be none the wiser, as no form of visual or electronic detection could sense his presence. For as long as he took no hostile action to break his concentration, he as nothing more than a whisper in the breeze.

Using telepathy, he reached into his back pouch and withdrew half a dozen small droids about the size of child's fist. Activating them they hummed to life, hovering silently on drone engines, their surveillance cameras connecting to form a direct feed to his helmets heads up display. Releasing the drones into the air, he waited to see what more they could uncover about the unknown force users presence. Then he would decide if he was going to get involved or not.

[member="Bond"] [member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Allana Gan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom