Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Switchblade Directive (DHK-51)

Replik (HK-52-A)

R
[member="DHK-51"]

The planet of Yavin IV. It was doubtful that there was a single person in the galaxy that did not know of it. Centuries ago, the Rebel Alliance had hidden here. Striking from the temples they had destroyed the Death Star. It had been a day marked in history. Little did the Rebels know that they were not the only things hiding on Yavin IV. Kilometers away from that historic base, there was another temple, its name long since lost to history. Beneath this temple, stone gave way to durasteel where once, millenia ago, Imperial Intelligence had created something far more deadly than even the X-wing starfighter that destroyed the Death Star.

In a chamber deep in the facility, long abandoned, something was in storage, locked in perpetual suspended animation. This thing had not seen the light of day for millenia, and the bodies that littered the floors, somewhat preserved by the lack of air cutoff when the ancient power generators had failed, no doubt were an indication that the thing should probably remain where it was. Or should it?

DHK-51

Faithful Assassin Droid
DHK had been on standby for sometime before coming to Yavin IV. Waiting for either a new master or for it's old one to return. However, something 'woke' it from it's wait, and has brung it to the planet.

"Beginning scan." It said with no emotion, holding it's rifle ready.

"Statement: Signal discovered, heading to destination." It said suddenly, before heading through the foliage towards a large temple. After an hour of walking, DHK arrived at the foot of the temple. Moving to the sealed entrance, it used it's superior strength to part the old doors and entering.

[member="Replik (HK-52-A)"]

Replik (HK-52-A)

R
[member="DHK-51"]
Within the facility wad a maze of passageways that seemed to have a single common end with many branch offs. Down or of these branches was a room filled with computer equipment. The equipment was ancient, but it was modern enough to, when approached activate a holoimage of a person in the uniform of the Sith Empire from days long past. Perhaps these ancient files would be of use to an explorer.

"Begin journal entry Aurek-1," the man said, "Commander Braden Faller, Special Research Division, Imperial Intellience. We have begun construction of models Aurek through Dorn. They will be complete within the week." There were further entries, mostly technical details. Many useless ones would pass before another one of note would appear, and of note it would be. This one projected an image of a man wearing Imperial trooper armor and carrying a rifle.

"That thing is headed straight for us!" It said, "Shot the commander in the face when we tried to deactivate it. No one else knows the shut down code! Why did they make that thing so blasted smart!? The slicers are working on a new code, but it's ping to take time and I don't...oh no, it's cutting through the door!" There were blaster shots and the image went out in a blaze of static. In a few moments, the image reappeared, but the soldier had been replaced with a man in slicer's gear, leaking blood.

"Ugh, feels like my insides are on fire," the man groaned, "Thing threw a Vibroblade at me as I said the shutdown code, now I can't move. I don't have much time, so I'm leaving this as a warning. Don't activate the droid. It's too unpredictable, too smart. The process to place it in stasis is automated, and I'm not strong enough to destroy it. The new control code is Switchblade. If this thing ever gets free, that will give you control. Hopefully you won't ever have to use it." With that, the man died.

The "thing" being referred to was a Chiss man, decked in the gear of an Imperial agent, trapped in a stasis tube. A button to activate whatever was inside was on the side of the tube. Press it, if you dare.

DHK-51

Faithful Assassin Droid
DHK studied the stasis equipment carefully, before scanning over the Chiss looking droid.

"Mocking Statement: You aren't so tough in there are you?" It said in a voice void of emotion, before hitting the switch on the tube. Raising it's weapon, the droid begun running various programs, most combat ones.

"Statement: Switchblade"

Replik (HK-52-A)

R
[member="DHK-51"]
When the button was pressed, the centuries-old machinery whined as rusty parts slowly resumed their original function. The tube began to glow, and the eyes of the Chiss man glowed ominously as he raised his head. He dropped to the floor as the anti-gravity function was deactivated, and with a single punch the man shattered the glass in front of him. He leaped to the floor and stayed in a three-point stance for a moment.

"Menacing Statement: I have returned, meatbags," he said as he rose to his feet. When he saw the HK-series droid with the raised weapon, Replik, better known as HK-52-A, pulled his own weapon off his back. Then his computers recognized the code, and he immediately lowered it.

"Statement: Code accepted, combat protocols disengaging," he said as he slid the weapon onto the special clips on his back. He looked the droid in front of him over.

"Analysis: You are not Imperial," he said, "Query: Where are the impudent meatbags who attemped to deactivate me? Did I kill them all? Did they suffer?" He looked the droid over again.

"Analysis: You appear to be a standard model HK-47 assassin droid, though that is a superficial assumption and one that should be subject to further examination," he said, "Query: What is your intention in entering this facility? Did one of the impudent meatbags send you to finish his job? Know that while the control code prevents me from directly acting out against you, my "self-defense" protocol is designed to override any code those pitiful meatbag slicers could come up with. I'm surprised they were smart enough to come up with a new control code in the first place."

DHK-51

Faithful Assassin Droid
DHK watched the fellow droid carefully, lowering it's weapon but not putting it away. Scanning the droid quietly.

"Answer: The meatbags are dead, by your hand or that of time. I am DHK-51, a member of the Sith Assassins and assassination droid. I came here after intercepting a transmission coming from this temple, and found you."

"Query: What is your designation and who is your creator? What is your purpose?"

Replik (HK-52-A)

R
[member="DHK-51"]

Replik thought about the droid before him. DHK-51? That designation was foreign to him. Though its lower model number implied that it was inferior, he decided not to jump to that conclusion, as a meatbag would. He would wait and analyze before forming an answer.

"Answer: I am designation HK-52-A, codename "Replik"," he said, "My purpose is to serve Imperial Intelligence, and assume the role of a biological as efficiently and accurately as possible."

DHK-51

Faithful Assassin Droid
Not feeling as if the fellow droid would cause it harm, DHK put it's rifle back onto it's back.

"Statement: Imperial Intelligence is no more. Destroy many years ago. However, you may still serve out your directive under my watchful eye. You could be useful in eliminating targets across the galaxy."

Replik (HK-52-A)

R
[member="DHK-51"]

Replik thought this to be a strange arrangement, droids serving droids. However, there was not much he could do. Until he discovered how to change his control code, something that could take seconds or months but would happen, he had no choice. Besides, destroying the pathetic meatbags was his primary purpose. What better way to carry it out.

"Statement: I will follow your direction, for now," he said, "The purpose for the termination of my targets, or the source of the mission, means nothing to me." Replik stood straight in salute.

"Query: Am I to accompany you now, fellow artificial sentient? Shall I kill something for you?"

DHK-51

Faithful Assassin Droid
"Answer: You will head to the following location and join with the Sith Assassins. From there we can assign you to a role suited to your skills."

With that, DHK ushered the other droid to follow it, heading to the door, yellow lights shinning through the darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom