Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Start of Something New

How long had Sigyn been part of the Jedi Order now? Half a year? A full year? She wasn't sure. But she knew it had been some time since she was brought to them on Kashyyyk. To her, it felt like years. Before she was brought here, she had only known her life on Midvinter. More presicely, her life in the village of Reykjaa, With her parents. It was there she had learnt how to hunt, how to fight, how to survive. It was in the Mountains just outside Reykjaa she had first discovered she could use the force, though she didn't know what it was at the time. And it was there she had been discovered by a jedi, who brought her to Kashyyyk.

She hadn't been allowed to, nor had she had the time to bring much With her. Mostly some clothes, some Food, and a momento of her village. But the most important thing she had taken With her was her spear. It had always been her weapon of Choice, and her father had learned her how to use it effectivly.

For a long time, it had been her only weapon when she was With the Silver Jedi. It had served her well all the time, saved her life when on missions, and reminded her of her old life. But to be a real jedi, a normal spear would not be enough. She would sooner or later need a stronger weapon. One that showed her status as a jedi.

Sigyn had been looking for her master, Sabine Galen, for some time this morning. It wasn't particularly hard to find someone if you were looking for them at the jedi temple, but Sigyn was nervous. Not nervous that her master would disagree With her, or anything like that. She was nervous because she herself was unsure about it all. But she knew it was time. She felt it in the force.

Sigyn found her master in the courtyard of the temple. She felt her heart beating fast. But there was no room for doubt. "Um, Sabine?" she asked a bit hesitantly. "I need to talk With you about something."

[member="Sabine Galen"]

Sabine Galen

S
Sabine walked the courtyard, quiet and thoughtful. She drew a breath of the fresh Kashyyyk air and sighed. Her time here with the Silver Jedi had been enlightening. Since joining their ranks, she had gone out on missions of goodwill and exploration. Through it all, she was most thankful for the connections she'd made here. For the first time, she felt like she had friends. More than that, she'd made some special bonds, like that with her Padawan [member="Sigyn Vanir"].

This thought hit her with a mix of fondness and guilt.

She quite admired her learner's skills and prowess in battle, not to mention her enthusiasm for knowledge when it came to Jedi life. Sabine looked with a wistful eye towards the temple. She hadn't been around to train Sigyn as much as she had wanted. Some of her own projects, or those given by her father, had taken up a lot of her free time. Sabine had hoped that she'd make it all work, but now she felt like she was letting herself... and her learner down.

And as if on cue, she turned to find Sigyn approaching. Sabine offered the flame-haired girl a smile, but a small pang of nerves hit her. Did Sigyn wish to learn with someone else? Nodding, Sabine stepped closer. “Sure,” she said. “What's on your mind?”

Sabine hoped that they could still work together, and if given the chance... she'd make it up to Sigyn.

Sigyn was glad that her master had the time to talk. Though she hadn't doubted that Sabine would make time for her as fast as she could. The two of them, master and padawan, were good friends. Sabine was the first person Sigyn met when she came to Kashyyyk, and her first friend here.

"Well, there is something I have been thinking about for a while," Sigyn said. "Or, it has rather been a feeling."

It seemed like finding a lightsaber Crystal, and making a lightsaber wasn't as big of a mental Challenge for other padawans. Sure, it was a big step for them, but it seemed like most were excited about it. But for Sigyn, the only thing she felt was nervousness. Being a Valkyri, she needed time to adjust to New Technology, like a lightsaber. And she didn't want to replace her current weapon. She was too emotionally Attached to it. But she needed this.

"I want to make my own lightsaber." There, it was said. "I feel that it is time. But from how I understand it, I need to find a Crystal, right?"

She had heard a bit about lightsabers, and seen other jedi use them. But she had no idea how they were made, or where to start when she were to build her own.

[member="Sabine Galen"]

Sabine Galen

S
Sabine listened intently and smiled when Sigyn mentioned making a lightsaber. She knew how much the spear meant to Sigyn, it'd been one of their first topics of conversation, after all. Being connected and attuned to one's weapon was a good thing; it became an extension of self.

Yes, we do need to find you a crystal,” she nodded, her expression turning thoughtful.

She wasn't sure if Sigyn already had some ideas, but the Kyber crystals were always a good option for a first saber. The crystals were quite special and were capable of making a deep connection to the Jedi using it. This might be good for Sigyn to experience, she thought quietly, her eyes lighting up. Yes, she knew the perfect place to go – and it was currently in unoccupied space, they'd have no trouble getting there.

You know, I think I have an idea,” Sabine grinned. “Are you free right now? We can go out on our own crystal hunt. The temple has all the fittings to make a basic saber – which you can then customize as you like... I'll grab some things.”

She was almost ready to run off before she even got her padawan's answer. “If you want to go, that is,” she said, chuckling. “Just grab your things and meet me at Silver Landing, we'll take a small ship.”

[member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom