Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Start of a Friendship

Diysuperguy33

Smarter than the average bear
After Lokthra's long 'shore leave', she had the time and energy to pay attention to all the little fish in the sea that is businesses; the latest of these fish was [member="Calix Loragwyn"]. Lokthra although relatively new to the business world, saw great potential in a partnership between her and Calix' companies. She barely knew this young male, so she wished to learn of him before investing her time and money.

------------------------

Attn: [member="Calix Loragwyn"]

Topic: The start of a Friendship

Greetings. I have heard word of your new business and was wondering if you wished to consider meeting with me. I believe I have a deal that could be mutually beneficial to us and spark a long-lasting friendship. If you are interested in this, then please transmit a time and location and I shall be there.

Kind regards,
Lokthra Dawning
------------------------

Calix stared at the HoloMail, surprised.

It was rare for company to want to work with his - probably because of his youthful appearance. Though he looked far from it, he was actually 23 galactic standard years old. Old enough to drink, smoke, and gamble.

Unwrapping one of his lollypops, Calix shoved it in his mouth as he typed up his reply - the sugar helped him think.

To: [member="Lokthra Dawning"]

Subject: RE:The start of a Friendship

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry. I would indeed be interested in meeting with you and too, hope to sow the seeds of an long-term friendship.

Please meet me at this location at 1300 hours. We have discuss business over some tea and enjoy a sweets tasting.

Atelier Sweets, Courscant.

Regards,

Calix Lorran

Edit: Forgot Calix was going by an alias >.<

Diysuperguy33

Lokthra was very happy [member="Calix Loragwyn"] was willing and wanting to meet. Lokthra left in one of her company's spare shuttles and left at once. She was graciously excited to meet with him, she was a fan of sweets; not too many but enough to keep one going, it was better than coffee anyway. It was a dull flight, nothing of notable importance, just time to think about what she could offer, not knowing the extent or caring overly much about what she shall obtain; friendship was all she truly desired, everything else was just benefits.

She arrived at the nearest spacedock, not more than a short walk away from Atelier Sweets, the streets glistening with business and people, although timeless in their walk each person in their own reality not noticing the people right next to them. Atelier Sweets, however, stood out with its bright sign out the front. It was time, she thought to herself.

Lokthra walked through the doors and was greeted at once by the storefront.

"I'm here to see Calix. He is expecting my arrival"

Noticing [member="Lokthra Dawning"], an employee approached the woman.

"Ms Dawning I assume? Mr Lorran has been eagerly awaiting your arrival," he asked, greeting her with a friendly smile. "Please follow me."

After indicating for the mirialan to follow, the employee opened the door behind the counter and waited for the woman to enter. Behind the door was a large hallway that led into the store's kitchen. To the right of the hallway, halfway between the entrance to the store and kitchen was a locked door.

Stopping in front of the door, the employee retrieved a key from his pocket to unlock it.

"Up here," he said, opening the door to reveal a staircase and began to climb it.

At the top of the stairs were two doors: one to the left and one to the right.

"Mr Lorran," the young man said knocking on the door. "Ms Dawning has arrived."

"Send her in. The door is unlocked," came a child's voice.

Opening the door, the employee gestured for the woman to enter.

Inside the room sat across from an empty armchair was the the black haired child.

"Ms Dawning," he stood up to greet the woman. "Please sit," he said nodding at the empty armchair.

Diysuperguy33

Lokthra followed the employee to [member="Calix Loragwyn"]'s room. The owner was younger than Lokthra had envisioned, she knew he was youthful, but this young; It was a wonderment. This being said Lokthra herself is almost 19... though everyone says she appears as if 28, she always told herself it was because of the work she did when she was young, making her body appear older than it did.

As soon as Lokthra arrived in the office she shook his hand and sat in the armchair.

"It's good to finally meet you at last; although I must admit I haven't heard much of you, that which I have heard is nothing but good things"

Lokthra was trying to sense what the boy was thinking, but nothing came to her. Perhaps this was due to her long 'shore leave'.

"Was there perhaps some refreshments we could have while we meet?"

"I'm not surprised," Calix said as the employee left the room, shutting the door behind him as he exited. "I usually make myself scarce in public."

As an owner of a small business, his childlike stature was nothing but a disadvantage in social settings. So much so that he considered creating a father for himself as running the business through the man.

"Tea and sweets are best fresh so my employee has run down to the kitchen to fetch some for us," he said sitting back down on his armchair.

"So what is the mutually beneficial deal you wrote of in the HoloMail?" the boy inquired as he picked up the bowl of lollipops on the coffee-table that separated the pair and offered them to [member="Lokthra Dawning"].

"Would you like some? There's the original blue milk flavour, lavender, and Earl Grey tea flavoured," Calix spoke, pointing out all three flavours of lollipops in the glass bowl.

Diysuperguy33

[member="Calix Loragwyn"]

"Why yes, please. Could you surprise me with your favorite?" she asked with curiosity, not truly knowing what she wanted.

"The deal, yes. Well, it is more than I believe that my business could help your business and your business could help mine, we both have potential. It just depends on what it is you are wanting. I have the capacity to invest in you for a return, I could provide you with a fleet of ships to further your business, vehicles to transport, or perhaps even create a station whereby you produce in the mass. There are just a few of the many things I can do. The question to answer is what do you want, and what do you have?"

Lokthra was surprised with her 'executive style' speak, she normally is anything but this; yet somehow it encompassed her and came out free. She only hopes the young boy will not be scared off. Lokthra was considering the option of sounding like her usual self; if this deal works out they could be quite regular friends, the executive vibe she currently had would not be a solid basis for friendship; however apologising would seem week she silently thought to herself.

"I have no favourites," Calix smiled, removing one of each flavour from the bowl and offered them to [member="Lokthra Dawning"].

"And I think I hear our refreshments arriving," the boy added upon noticing the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

As he had expected, the employee entered the room, tray in hand, once the woman had finished describing her offer.

"Excuse me," the young man said as he set down two tea cups and poured the tea. Once the tea was served and the milk and sugar were placed on the table, he returned to the door and was handed a three tier cake stand filled with sweets. Careful not to mess up the placement of the sweets, he walked slowly towards the coffee table.

"Enjoy," he said and set the three tiers of sugary goodness on the table then exited the room.

"All I have is this company," Calix answered, taking a macaroon from the cake stand. "Because of that, I cannot in good conscience ask for anything grand like vehicles or ships, so a monetary investment will do and in return I will give you an agreed upon percentage of my company's earnings for a set amount of years."

Diysuperguy33

Upon the arrival of refreshments, Lokthra decided to avoid the lollipops and stick to the other sweets; she grabbed a few assortments from the tier cake.

"Perhaps. But if you don't mind me saying, is that not the things which I can help you with most? You have just this company, a small business front in Couroscant; and you have the most amazing sweets I've had ever, you could have all so much more, you should help spread these sweets to the farthest reaches of the galaxy, start with a space station to produce your goods in bulk, then ships to spread them. I can tell you love your sweets and want it to thrive, it just depends on how much you're wanting to put into it. However in a monetary investment is truly all you desire, then I guess we can work something out"

Lokthra, although after tasting some sweets, not a large fan of giving a monetary investment, for the belief that that money should, in the end, be spent on ships, vehicles or a means to spread this sweetness throughout the galaxy; although ultimately the choice was [member="Calix Loragwyn"],'s and Lokthra was but a means for expansions in a strictly business sense.

Calix listened and thought about [member="Lokthra Dawning"]'s words for a moment.

"Firstly, thank you for your kind words," Calix began as a bright smile spread across his face. "A small fleet to distribute Atelier's products will probably amount to a sum much larger I than what would have asked for but, if that is how you would prefer to provide your assistance, I will not refuse," he spoke, choosing his words carefully.

"Since you enjoy my sweets so much, I will offer my confectionery for you to enjoy for free in addition to a portion of my profits," the boy added and reached for his tea.

Bringing the cup to his mouth, Calix could smell the fragrant scent of the tea as he took a sip of the translucent brown liquid as he awaited the woman's next words.

Diysuperguy33

“I by no mean wish to push you to do anything you don’t desire, merely speaking from a business perspective. So I shall give you three options; to be debated and fine tuned of course, but here’s a rough idea”

Loktrha thought for a short time before saying her next words, ensuring they are useful for the both: she despised exploitation of any description.

“1. Both you and I can walk away from this as if nothing happens, my less preferred option however.”

“2. You can take a sum of credits in return for a percentage of your company and thus profits. To be decided”

“3. You can take a fleet of ships to deliver your good around the galaxy. Again a percentage and ship numbers to be decided.”

Realising that she is clearly doing quite well herself and can afford the investment. She pondered another option. Wondering what the young boy will say before mentioning anything.

[member="Lokthra Dawning"]

Calix placed his teacup back on the table and shrugged.

"I am grateful for your assistance so I will take option number 3 since that is what you prefer," he replied.

Either way, I'm going in a better position than I was before started the meeting, he thought to himself.

"If that is agreeable, would you like to move on and discuss the percentage of profits you wish for me to give you for your period of assistance?" he inquired.

Diysuperguy33

"Yes of course, by all means," Lokthra said excitedly.

She took some time to think about how much of the company and how many ships she will be supplying, waiting for Calix to say anything before opening her inexperienced mouth.

[member="Lokthra Dawning"]

"If that is agreeable, what percentage of my company's profits are you considering about taking?" Calix inquired.

"And how many or what types of ships do you intend on supplying?" he continued, leaning back in his armchair a little.

Diysuperguy33

Lokthra still not truly knowing how much she wanted, inquired further.

"First how much product do you have a capacity to make? I shall match the number of ships to how much product you could make. If you're producing only out of here though you'll need to buy another factory; be it land or space"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom