Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Spire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Manius

D
EVEOnline_ships_Naglfar.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Model: LT-11 Assault Ship
  • Affiliation: Shadar-Pox, and CIS
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Unique Destroyer
  • Length: 750m
  • Width: 250m
  • Height: 2000m
  • Armament: High

• Four Proton Torpedo Launchers
  • 30 Dual-Heavy Turbolasers Turrets
  • 40 Quad-Turbolaser Turrets
  • 200 Laser cannons
  • 20 Lon Cannons
  • 8 Tractor Beams

• Defenses: High
  • Hangar: 2 Squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1
STANDARD FEATURES

Artificial Gravity
Capital Ship Life Support
Capital Ship Environmental and Weapons sensors
Capital Ship Internal Dampers
Escape Pods
Capital Ship Communications
Communication Jammers
Relatively Small Hangers
Small Cargo Space for anything not Munitions and Consumables
Master Computer for Automation, or a Dorid Mind
Crew of at least 600

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

Ray Shielding to protect against energy based weapons, but not slugs http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ray_shield/Legends

Strengths:
  • Do to the design of the ship, it has a surprisingly high turning rate for it's size, being able to make sharp turns easily.
  • Slim figure: This helps make it less of a target to enemy fire since it's not as wide as most ships of its size.
  • Business in the Front: Almost all its guns are facing the front of the ship, turning most things into Swiss cheese.
Weaknesses:
  • Party in the back (for the enemy) Since most of the weapons are in the front, ships that are behind it leave it vulnerable.
  • Side attacks can also take quite a toll as well.
  • Weak Hull: After it's shield go down, it's not hard to split the thin ship in two.
  • Not very good when in a atmosphere, given it's height it's difficult to move over land.
Description: The LT-11 Assault Ship, or The Spire, is a one of a kind. First off it has a droid mind to keep man power low, and automate many of its functions. Also, it's clear that this ships in design has put more focus on making it tall instead of long. Giving it a pretty slim profile. With the command center being in the middle of the ship for a better view of thing above and below. Another, this is a warship meant to destroy other war ships. Made with the idea that the best offense is the best defense. Destroy your opponent before they can destroy you. Acting like a giant blade, cutting through anything int it's path.

This Spire is influenced heavily by scythe class assault ships. But there your remove the more bulky parts and just keep the front where all the damage can be done. Then your left with a more maneuverable ship. However, some would classify this as a glass cannon, but that's not entirely true. Since it can hold up quite a bit with its shields. But when they offline, the ship could be sliced through like butter. But it can also carry a good few starfighters to keep it safe.

Shadar-Pox said:
Affiliation: Shadar-Pox, and CIS
I realize that this is probably only going to be used by CIS, but for affiliations for a ship this size, it can only be a major faction (CIS, in this case).

Shadar-Pox said:
Production: Minor
Shadar-Pox said:
Classification: Unique Destroyer
Is this a single, one-of-a-kind ship? Or will multiple example of this ship be built?

Once I know the answer to that, we can talk about balancing the ratings for this ship.

Darth Manius

D
[member="Gir Quee"]

When I was originally making the ship it was supposed to be unique. But then I went with minor, which then I believe that I should've changed the balancing. But since it was kinda a last minute derision I forgot to change up some stuff.

If you want I could change it back to being a more unique ship.

[member="Shadar-Pox"], that's totally up to you, and I have no real feelings on the matter of it should be be unique or not.

I'm here to help you get this submission through the factory in a way that's acceptable to the community at large. If you have any questions about the pros and cons of production values (or any questions related to your ship at all), I'll be happy to help answer them.

Darth Manius

D
[member="Gir Quee"]

Alright Thanks

Well I changed the production to unique, and the affiliation if there's anything else I should do for balancing it let me know and I'll change it to better fit the community.

[member="Shadar-Pox"], looks pretty good for the most part. I'm just going to quote the starship template to demonstrate how I'm looking at the ratings:

For technical statistics start with all values at Average for a Mass-Produced vessel. For every increase either:
  • Reduce the Production Value
  • Reduce another statistic (e.g. increase speed, decrease defensive rating)
  • Provide balance with genuine weaknesses

So this what I have looking at raw ratings for the Spire (with negative numbers being drawbacks, and positive numbers being stronger than normal ratings):

• Production: Unique (-4)

• Armament: High (+2)

• Defenses: High (+2)

• Hangar: 4 Squadrons (-1)

• Maneuverability Rating: High (+2)

• Speed Rating: Average (0)
Ideally, if I add these all up for a balanced submission, we should get zero. If I add these up for the Spire, I get +1. This means that we're one rating too high. So we can drop rating from armament, defense, hangar, maneuverability, or speed, and then we should be perfectly balanced.

Darth Manius

D
Gir Quee said:
Ideally, if I add these all up for a balanced submission, we should get zero. If I add these up for the Spire, I get +1. This means that we're one rating too high. So we can drop rating from armament, defense, hangar, maneuverability, or speed, and then we should be perfectly balanced.
Okay, well I bumped down the hanger size to 2 squadrons. So my guess is that should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom