Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sound of Silence (Adoh)

Elion Menaio

E
Coruscant. Elion looked at the city planet from the window of the descending shuttle, the silent girl looking at all the buildings in hidden wonder and awe. Such was the nature of those who had lived in a more rural place their whole life and had never been off planet before then. Once the ship landed out and all of the passengers were off. Elion began to walk anywhere and everywhere.

Then she found herself in a dark place with barely any light shining through from the surface and there were less people on the walkways. She began to get worried and tried to retrace her steps, only to get more lost than she was before. Giving up, she slumped down onto the ground in an alleyway and began to silently cry, thinking she was lost for good.

[member="Adoh Razmath"]

Aodh ambled his way down the narrow and grimy street, smoking a cigarette, with plumes of smoke and ash rising and drifting up into the thick and humid aid. Aodh liked to just stroll around the Underworld, often finding new ways to run away from killers and muggers, which would give him new routes to become a killer or a mugger. However, he limited that strictly to the Imperials, as Aodh, with every ounce of his very being, despised the One Sith and their authoritarian rule.

However, Aodh snapped out of his reverie when he heard a noise that faintly sounded like muffled sobbing. Confused and partially worried, he moved towards the sound only to find a young woman huddled up in a ball crying her eyes out. Aodh awkwardly moved towards her and was about to pat her on the back, only to stop himself, fearing she would negatively react.

"Uh, what happened? You alright?" He asked in a worried tone.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion started and quickly whipped around to find the face of a strange man staring at her worriedly. Frightened, she backed up against the wall, wiping her tears forcefully from her eyes, before staring back fearfully at him. She said nothing, of course.

Aodh Razmath said:
"Uh, what happened? You alright?" He asked in a worried tone.
As he kept staring something dark began to rise in the back of her mind, but she still said nothing, using all of her strength to hold it back. Instead she pointed above her at the little bit of light shining down that was truly sunlight, knowing he would probably be confused as to why she didn't answer him.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

He looked at where she was pointing and had to block his eyes from the glaring light. "Uh...Okay! That was, well...Yeah. So, no answer, er' is there somethin' I'm missing?" Aodh asked with a befuddled tone. He scratched the back of his neck as he tried to look at Elion's skinny and lithe frame, only to get Blinded By The Light. Aodh groaned and moved closer, trying to get a better look at the silent youth. "Well, at least y'aren't like beat up or some chit. Thats a good thing, I guess." He muttered.

However, the crying girl still freaked him out, but he truly had no idea what to do. Aodh hoped Elion would instruct him on what to do, but he had no idea if she would tell him anything.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion, a little frustrated that the man didn't get what she meant, pointed at herself, made a walking motion on her hands, then once again pointed above her, determined not to use her voice.

Then the man started to get closer, trying to get a look at her. Freaked out she put her black hood up, stood up, and backed against the wall again, out of the light. The tears had long since stopped and dried, but fear was apparent in her movement and facial features. She repeated the hand motions once more with pleading in her eyes.

She pointed at the man, then herself, made the walking motion on her hand again, pointed above again, but this time at the end she folded her hands in a begging matter, holding out a few of her precious credits. Anything to get back to the surface and the light.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

Aodh raised his hands as he watches the woman scurry out of sight, into the shadows. However, he finally was able to understand what Elion was trying to get across. "Wait, you want to get up onto the surface? I mean, I guess that's possible, but those Sith bastards won't take kindly to ya'." Aodh informed her. He quickly denied Elion's offer for the few credits she had with a rapid shake of his head. Aodh grabbed her hand, ignoring her scared body language, and pushed it back to her, to fully symbolize he didn't want her cash.

'Hmmm. I might have to turn her in to the Sith, those idignant Hutt-Spawn.' He thought to himself.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion looked at the credits in her hand before putting them away hurriedly. She made different signs this time, holding out an open notebook. On it words were written.

I am Elion. What is your name? Elion realized that if she was going to get back to the surface, she would need to be friendly, if even for just a while.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

Aodh looked down at the paper and read the rapidly scrawled text strewn across the white paper. "​Uh...Aodh." He muttered.​ Aodh scratched at the back of his neck, before looking around him, and then turning back to Elion.

"​Look, why don't I take you to the Imperials, those karkin' ba - Whatever. Anyways, that's what I have' to do in this situation...I guess." Aodh mumbled, moving away from the silent young woman.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion froze at the word 'Imperials'. Adoh was going to turn her over to the Sith?

"No." She whispered, and with that she turned and fled, not bothering to look behind her. Who knew what the Sith would do to a silent young girl like her. Would they think she was an escaped slave or a spy of the Republic? Beat her until she screamed and showed that she could talk? The possibilities were endless, and she didn't like any of the ones that came in her mind. So she ran blindly through the walkways of the level, fear consuming her sight and leading her through the streets.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

Aodh stumbled back, surprised by the girl speaking, and even more shocked by her just suddenly sprinting off into the shady alleyways of Coruscant. While the Imperials were tyrants and might treat Elion horribly, the unmonitored streets of the Coruscanti Underworld were ten times worse than anything the bureaucratic Imperials could do to her.

"​CHIT! No wait! Hold up...Fethin' girl, just wanted to help." A​odh said, as he began to break out into a sprint after the girl. He spun and turned into every alleyway, every nook and cranny, every crevice in sight, and saw nothing. Aodh began to listen intently, trying to hear if the mute girl would make some noise, but he wouldn't pin his hopes on it.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion finally stopped, lost again and breathing heavily. She looked around her, spinning around in a circle like a drunk person, before stopping. What was she going to do? She started speaking to her self in a low quiet voice. A little voice, just barely loud enough for herself to hear. She slumped down again and began to cry emotionlessly, and very quietly, much like when Adoh had first found her. When she spoke, her voice came out sore and small from disuse.

"Adoh heard me. He knows."

"It's not too late, he may have misunderstood, my motives. He could've helped me go back to the light, and to the stars."

"Yes but he's far behind. Gone. Like my loved ones." Elion's voice cracked at the last two words, but she held herself together. She had to stay strong to get out of this place.

"Yes but at least I may find him again and explain-"

"No! I promised myself, I promised I wouldn't speak again! I can't! They're gone!" Elion broke into sobs. This continued for a bit, until she gave up and stopped wallowing in self-pity. Instead she looked up at the fading cracks of light from the surface.

"I just want to see the stars again." She sat with her head down, not moving, so as to make her self as invisible as possible to the casual passerby.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

Aodh unknowingly strolled by the girl, in a rush to find wherever she was, unaware that he had already passed by Elion. However, he skidded to a halt when he heard the faint voice of what sounded like her - based upon the single word he heard her speak. Aodh was about to yell out her name, only to stop himself, guessing she would most likely be running off scared if she heard him screaming. Silently, he spun around on his heels and began to scan the alleyway for every last detail, trying to decipher where she was.

Aodh reached out and yanked on what he thought was her arm, only to bring a small pile of trash toppling over. Gagging, he wiped off the slime and grime off his clothes, hoping the noise didn't scare her off.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion went silent as she heard the trash pile fall over, and gagged at the smell as well. She wondered what was out there, and who it was, when she recognized Adoh's breathing. She froze, unsure whether to make her presence known or not. She didn't know if she could trust him or not, but being stuck here on this city-planet would make her go either stir crazy, or become vulnerable to predator and kidnappers.

"Were.. you really going to.. turn me over to the Sith?" She asked in her small weak voice. It had been so long since she used that it made her sound like someone on their deathbed. She didn't move from her spot, for fear of being seen.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

Aodh jumped at hearing her voice and nearly tripped over the new pile of garbage. "​HOLY CHIT! Uh, I mean, yeah, I had no other choice! Your gonna' get killed, or mugged, or worse! Uh, where are you anyway...You're not gonna tell me." H​e groaned. Elion wouldn't reveal a thing to him, and if she didn't trust him, all those things he said would happen would, well, happen. Aodh spun around scanning the alleyway once more, trying to find the girl.

"​Look, let's talk! I don't wanna' kill ya', I mean if you don't wanna' head to the Imperials, I get that, they're royal bastards! But whatta' am I supposed to do, huh?" H​e asked, an annoyed edge slowly creeping into his voice.

[member="Elion Menaio"]

Elion Menaio

E
Elion cringed at the annoyed edge in Adoh's voice, like a puppy with its tail in between its legs. Elion decided that she wasn't going to get anywhere hiding, and that what Adoh said might happen may very well... happen. The best thing she could do is try to stay off the streets as long as possible.

"Do you know if there are any places I could at least stay?" Elion moved from her fetal knot position, into a crouch and Adoh would notice the movement from the corner of his eye.

[member="Aodh Razmath"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom