Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Senate and the Republic in Direct Relation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been on my mind for a while how the Senate seems to be tucked away in its little corner, much like the Jedi Order and the Military. Personally, I don't like the exclusive 'subcultures' of the three. I've always dreamed of a Republic where the Jedi come out of their cave and join the NFUs/Military, and the Senate is more relevant in the day-to-day RPs of the general Republic player base.

I've also been prodded by some of my fellow political writers to help achieve a more public standing with the Senate, and I think it is due time.

One thing I have been thinking about lately is the allowance for 'citizen influence' by the average GR character. A republic is not supposed to be devoid of semi-democratic movements caused by the people. And while I realize many of you are not interested or perhaps do not understand the nuts and bolts of political RP or political-anything, I'd like to see a way for non-Jedi GR members to influence how the senators may behave. I don't believe that senators should be able to be removed by the nonpolitical member base in this rather small environment, but I do believe that there should be some voter factor to this. I'd like to see the average Republic player freely proposing ideas to senators and having those senators translate their thoughts into bills.

Do you want to see some changes in the way the Republic views certain outside forces? Maybe you could send a 'letter' to your favorite senator and request that they present your idea to the Senate in the form of a bill. Do the military members want more tank production instead of starfighter production? Perhaps this could be brought to a senator's attention and presented before the Senate. A republic is not a democracy. But it sure isn't an empire, either. You should have a hand in developing politics if you have the will to do so.

What are your opinions about what I've addressed here? How would you suggest to implement them?

Do you have any other unique ideas for the Senate and its interaction with the rest of the Republic members? Or maybe you just want more blue milk ice cream shipped to New Holstice for the Biannual Republic Pizza Party.

Let me know what you think here! :)

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"] - for Faith as the Minister of Intelligence she is trying to build a better relationship with the military. I'd like to see us in our positions building relationships. Example, Inteligence is given to the Military who may act upon it. Faith is looking to have a military advisor to help her understand more about them and what they need from Intelligence.

Also Faith would love to get letters telling her how citizens feel, it would help to know what others are thinking, and if there is a bill needed to protect them, or something they want to do.

[member="Aurelia Volcata"] - mud wresting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom